Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Cortini (Blindoldfreak, Sonoio, Skarn, & other projects)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yellow vinyl seem to be in stock again, they are able to be added to a cart anyway... *edit* annnnnd sold out
    Last edited by somethingelse; 07-19-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I missed out on the yellow variant but I just purchased the green vinyl.
    I had no idea that there was going to be a new and final album so it's bittersweet news to me.
    I hope the new website updates soon I want to buy the Blue Demo's if it will be available again.
    I can't find it anywhere online for purchase/download.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Here's my review of the new SONOIO.

TL,DR - Really dug it. More evolved/less intimate than BLUE and RED.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

Thanks for sharing!
    Here's another review. The article has been taken down but it's still visible in Google's cache.

Can't wait to give it a listen, I checked my Dais order but the download is not available yet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

How'd you get a copy?

I ordered both the yellow and green vinyl from Dais, hope I can get a download on Friday.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    How'd you get a copy?

I ordered both the yellow and green vinyl from Dais, hope I can get a download on Friday.
    ...I'm a reviewer. I get review copies of stuff. I've had this since the end of June. Might even get a chance to interview the man, but that could just as easily not happen.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ...I'm a reviewer. I get review copies of stuff. I've had this since the end of June. Might even get a chance to interview the man, but that could just as easily not happen.
    June!? Holy smokes... You must clearly be living the life. Unlike us other earth living suckers here. Must be nice to be Paul Guyet.
    My only claim to fame is I can beat Battletoads on the NES...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    That's damn impressive, actually.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Got the shipping notice for my copy of Fine!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Got the shipping notice for my copy of Fine!
    Same here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Same here. Does anyone know if the records come with a download code or if they send out a link. I haven't ordered from Dais before.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Anxious for Friday to get here. It's hard to believe that Blue and Red came out as long ago as they did. I feel like I'm not even the same person I was when they were released, so it'll be interesting to see how this one hits me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Anxious for Friday to get here. It's hard to believe that Blue and Red came out as long ago as they did. I feel like I'm not even the same person I was when they were released, so it'll be interesting to see how this one hits me.
    Yeah, I kind of did a double take when reading one of those articles above that said blue and red were out in 2010 and 2011, I was shocked that it had been so long. Definitely a different time in may life as well, but yet it doesn't seem like it's that long ago.

I remember buying the super crazy expensive red bundle with all the gadgets and gizmos that came with it and the only items I have left are the CD itself and the poster (which is rolled up in a tube somewhere with countless other NIN posters lol)

I might get heck for this, but I donated the shirt to a charity bin a few months ago, lol. Red shirts are not my forte. I tried selling it on eBay for years, and never any interest. Sonoio is just one of those niche artists that needs to cater to a specific audience. Well, it's too late now... some poor kid in Somalia is probably rocking the shirt now, sorry ETS'ers.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    June!? Holy smokes... You must clearly be living the life. Unlike us other earth living suckers here. Must be nice to be Paul Guyet.
    First off...beating Battletoads is more impressive than ANYTHING I've ever accomplished.

As for the reviews, sometimes you get stuff way early or get a chance to interview artists you dig, and sometimes, because Soundblab isn't huge, you don't even get responses from a lot of record labels. It's usually cool though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    the album has leaked in case you're like me and can't wait a few more hours
    I'm not sure if Dais will send a download link anyway, I did a quick checkout without creating an account so I can't verify

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    the album has leaked in case you're like me and can't wait a few more hours
    Tempted, but since I'll have my download tomorrow, I'll wait.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Just finished listening. That was fantastic. I have to disagree with Mr. Guyet about it being less intimate though. I found it to be even more intimate than Blue and Red. This really felt like Alessandro dug deep and pulled out something heartfelt, which most likely explains why this will be the last Sonoio album. There's a feeling of pain here that seems to be coming from a real place, and I imagine that returning to that pain is tough, but goddamn, did it really help him come up with a hell of an ending to this trilogy.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    YES! I forgot this was coming up so soon. July 27th already? Damn... where does time go. I made a post-it note on my comp screen to pre-order fine by the 27th back in mid June. I never ended up going through with the pre-purchase though since they wanted $30 for a CD after the conversion and shipping. I had never emptied a shopping cart and closed down a browser faster in my life. I laughed so hard.

Didn't think this would be this easy to find and readily available. I still consider Sonoio an "underground/unknown" artist. I had a harder time trying to find the Eat the Elephant leak from APC than this. Well, the first download warned me there was a virus in the zip file, so I'm attempting download #2 now...

EDIT: 2nd and 3rd download attempts were "password protected"
    Attempting 1 more until I just throw in the towel and stream it on bandcamp.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-27-2018 at 02:05 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I just pre-ordered the digital version from Bandcamp. Ten bucks, lossless quality, no-brainer for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Just finished listening. That was fantastic. I have to disagree with Mr. Guyet about it being less intimate though. I found it to be even more intimate than Blue and Red. This really felt like Alessandro dug deep and pulled out something heartfelt, which most likely explains why this will be the last Sonoio album. There's a feeling of pain here that seems to be coming from a real place, and I imagine that returning to that pain is tough, but goddamn, did it really help him come up with a hell of an ending to this trilogy.
    can't agree more!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It's finally here, and I gotta say: It's fucking great. I'm in love with Bad Habit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This album is amazing and probably my favorite Sonoio album. Just so fucking good and powerful! An amazing end to the trilogy, but also very sad as I think Sonoio is the strongest project Cortini has done.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just listening to it at Band Camp. It's really good.
    If you want to order it physically, you can do it through Amazon (for some reason it's not a SONOIo's web site)

Vinyl: https://amzn.to/2NNjuVS
    CD: https://amzn.to/2uUsZeL

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, I gave it 2 spins. 1 last night before bed and another just now while reading ETS.

Honestly, it didn't grab me as much as Blue or Red did. There weren't really any crazy/upbeat/catchy songs like there were on Blue or Red.
    Songs like "Just Me" "Not Worth Remembering" "Suck Up Everything" "No Fun" "Enough" were super upbeat and catchy.

As for Fine... "Thanks for Calling" is the only real upbeat/catchy song on here, and we've already heard that song years ago. After hearing that song, I thought this record was going to be a masterpiece.

It's not a bad record. But to me, it's just kind of background noise. You put it on while doing something, and it's over before you know it. As a whole package, the record sounds better than Blue and Red because with the previous records, they start our amazing and then they get kind of "meh" as they go on. I get bored trying to listening to Blue or Red in full because the songs near the end are not very good at all. I just find that the first halves of Blue and Red are AMAZING. That's why I rank them above Fine.

But as a whole package, there wasn't once I said "This is crap, I'm going to skip this" but on the other hand, there was also no moment that made me jump up and go "HOLY SMOKES!! THIS IS AMAZING!!"

It's a nice, mellow, chill out and get some work done record. It's not something you'd want to put on for a party or to rock out or dance to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

YES!

I've listened throughout the day, and it hits pretty much all the notes that I'd expect from SONOIO, but definitely more mature, more patient. The overall feel does remind me a lot of AVANTI, but with percussion and vocals. I very much like this album.

I am hesitant to open the yellow vinyl since I learned that it was limited to 100. :x

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Don't open it! I'd keep it sealed, just cut a half inch of the shrink wrap in both corners where the LP would slide out.

My green vinyl just arrived with a digital code inside. I tried to redeem the code but I keep getting an error message. I sent an email to customer support, hopefully they get back to me soon.
    I'm currently streaming Fine on Spotify, so far I like it, it's not as grabbing as Blue or Red but it's definitely good.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm currently streaming Fine on Spotify, so far I like it, it's not as grabbing as Blue or Red but it's definitely good.
    My thoughts exactly. Red and Blue just grab you from the start and suck you in.

I actually had time to sit on this record and spin it a few more times last night, it grew on me quite a bit. It's a solid record from beginning to end, as in, I can get through the whole thing without skipping anything, but I still feel it's just kind of "background music", I tried listening to it on my way to work on transit yesterday and it didn't work at all. It was too soft/slow to drown out noise. It's one of those records that works in a certain type of setting. Needs to be quiet. You need to be relaxed, focused. Doing some general reading or browsing. I had it on repeat last night and it was great. Just a different type of record.

Question for @paul_guyet - or anyone else on here that reviews music - Do you base your review off of 1 listen, or do you listen to it for a week and digest it before giving a review? Just curious how music reviews work, because I know with myself, my opinion of music changes after a couple listens. I don't feel like I would be a good reviewer based on only listening to a record once. I am usually quite harsh on a record after the first listen. And that's when you know you have a good record. A good record, to me, is one that doesn't quite sit right with you upon first listen. I find that if a record sounds great right away upon first listen, usually that means the record is going to get worse or stale as time goes on. Not sure why that is, but that's usually how it goes with me. The records I disliked upon first couple listens, are some of my favourite records ever.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-28-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This is actually a really dark/depressing record when you really let it sink in. I guess it's appropriately titled "fine" for a reason. Like saying "Everything's Fine. Don't worry" even though it's not.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is actually a really dark/depressing record when you really let it sink in. I guess it's appropriately titled "fine" for a reason. Like saying "Everything's Fine. Don't worry" even though it's not.
    I thought it was a musical term, meaning the end. Of course it's Italian.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I thought it was a musical term, meaning the end. Of course it's Italian.
    I'm no expert on the Italian language, but wouldn't that be "Fin", with an accent of some kind in there and no e at the end? Or am i thinking of the French version of the word?