Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1259

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

fahk. can i please order two kyle maclachlan's???? hell, i'll take three just for the oddity ;p

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lol @Lew , I remember that! That was about the point when I knew there was hope for more Twin Peaks, if KM was game for a Harlem Shake video. Imagine if they did one now, after that third season..?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    When ever I see this actor all I like think is boats boats boats.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    When ever I see this actor all I like think is boats boats boats.
    Which one? There's like a lot

I was seriously considering getting this ring from the Twin Peaks merch site. I went as far as going to a jewelry shop to get my fingers sized. In the end I feel that I should probably use the 150USD to pay down some debt or something. Still... it would be pretty boss to have and wear around.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post

I was seriously considering getting this ring from the Twin Peaks merch site. I went as far as going to a jewelry shop to get my fingers sized. In the end I feel that I should probably use the 150USD to pay down some debt or something. Still... it would be pretty boss to have and wear around.

He plays the captain on how I met your mother.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Of all the unanswered questions with this show, the one that bugs me the most is what the hell happened with Audrey?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post

Pretty boss until you end up wrapped in plastic...or talking backwards in the moorder

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Of all the unanswered questions with this show, the one that bugs me the most is what the hell happened with Audrey?
    It would appear that she danced her way into her own reflection. I reckon Audrey died when Richard Horne died, and she is in some white lodge room about to come to terms with being without a gravity anchor

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finally finished the series. Overall, I liked it. Very, very confusing though. Guess i'll start running down the list and questions...

Audrey. So basically, she was in a coma after the bank explosion, Evil Coop rapes her, and she gives birth to Billy? Then, he sacrifices his own son to set off a trap that was originally set up for him? Also, it got me wondering on just how much of the roadhouse stuff is real. Is that just her dreams/delusions? At first I knew something was off. I figured she have had some sort of brain injury/dementia. But after her "awakening" or whatever, i'm thinking she was still "sleeping" in a psych ward somewhere. Charlie, the "husband", maybe he was her psychiatrist. After her reveal, it kind of makes sense considering how he always talked to her. He's probably her doctor.

The black and white 30s room. Where is that exactly? Is that the white lodge? I'm pretty sure the convenience store was related the black lodge. That 8th episode was like gibberish to me for the most part. And what's the point of the little girl in that episode? You see that insect thing crawl inside her mouth and that's the end of it. Or am I missing something there?

Then there's the whole thing with Carrie Page, Judy, Sarah Palmer, etc. I don't hate it. I just don't get any of it.
    Last edited by Piko; 10-07-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Watch it again, more of it will begin to fit together.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Watch it again, more of it will begin to fit together.
    Is the ending comprehensible in the somewhat logical way that LH and MD can be seen to be corresponding with their various seemingly semi-segregated stories or is it more of an emotional logic? I had trouble following the resolution even with repeat viewings and would love some insight (the Reddit etc theories were so off the wall). I have an *idea* but I'm not sure it's right.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That's kind of the point. The ending is supposed to give you ideas. There's no right or wrong answer. Let your imagination run wild. I've had so many different interpretations cross my mind and it's fun to think about.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I get there's going to be different interpretations. I'm just not sure what some of these settings are. Is it always supposed to be 1930 in the white lodge? Assuming it's the white lodge because of the giant/fireman. A lot of things don't bother me. It's just that i'm not exactly sure of things that I feel are probably minor that I probably should. LIke the 1930 room.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Finally finished the series. Overall, I liked it. Very, very confusing though. Guess i'll start running down the list and questions...

Audrey. So basically, she was in a coma after the bank explosion, Evil Coop rapes her, and she gives birth to Billy? Then, he sacrifices his own son to set off a trap that was originally set up for him? Also, it got me wondering on just how much of the roadhouse stuff is real. Is that just her dreams/delusions? At first I knew something was off. I figured she have had some sort of brain injury/dementia. But after her "awakening" or whatever, i'm thinking she was still "sleeping" in a psych ward somewhere. Charlie, the "husband", maybe he was her psychiatrist. After her reveal, it kind of makes sense considering how he always talked to her. He's probably her doctor.

The black and white 30s room. Where is that exactly? Is that the white lodge? I'm pretty sure the convenience store was related the black lodge. That 8th episode was like gibberish to me for the most part. And what's the point of the little girl in that episode? You see that insect thing crawl inside her mouth and that's the end of it. Or am I missing something there?

Then there's the whole thing with Carrie Page, Judy, Sarah Palmer, etc. I don't hate it. I just don't get any of it.
    lots of spoilers - and also, i'm not guaranteeing that some of this is correct, this is just my interpretation.

by billy did you mean richard? we never actually met billy (if he's even real), but richard is audrey's son.

yes, that's the white lodge. i believe it and the black lodge both exist out of time, to an extent. and yes, the convenience store is absolutely related to the black lodge. that's where many of the lodge spirits live/have lived over the years.

episode 8 is about opening a portal into our world via the atomic bomb through which the evil of the black lodge could more easily travel, as well as the creation of bob. the fly-frog is an agent of the "mother", and the girl it inhabits at the end of the episode is sarah plamer, as evidenced by what we see when she removes her face in a later episode.

here are some great articles that may help explain things:

https://www.avclub.com/there-should-...aks-1799304744

https://www.avclub.com/twin-peaks-ga...ath-1800661325

https://www.waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

https://medium.com/@onantiad/episode...nc-81352ce38e8

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    3 hours of bonus material on the Season 3 Blu-Ray

Note that that doesn't necessarily mean 'unused footage' but shit that'd be a nice thought

• A Bloody Finger In Your Mouth (25:43)
    • A Pot Of Boiling Oil (36:58)
    • Do Not Pick Up Hitchhikers (25:39)
    • See You On The Other Side, Dear Friend (28:49)
    • Tell It, Martin (27:57)
    • The Man With The Gray Elevated Hair (28:27)
    • Two Blue Balls (23:13)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^I Need that in my life...

Also: i was watching yesterday Season 2 (the infamous episodes after Laura's killer is revealed) and it has a scene where a very depressed Ben Horne (he just lost The Mill and Ghostwood...) is talking to Hank and starts rearranging furniture claiming "it could create a resonance ...imagine the benefits!".

So it's clear to me Lynch used that idea in Season 3 with the strange noise in Ben's office, not many have mentioned this but i think there's something to it...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic...rt=270#p112661

Fenn says here that she cried when she read Audrey's original part, refused to do it, and had Lynch rewrite it. It's not exactly news but it's the first time I see it stated so clearly all in the same answer. So the theorizing around here seems pretty much confirmed? That she was originally meant to have scenes with the other Hornes, didn't do it, so they filmed in Washington writing around Audrey's absence, and when they eventually struck a deal Lynch wrote her a plot that had to match the fact that everyone in town acts like she's not there?
    And her interpretation is that Audrey is not dead or in a coma but stuck inside a dream, that there's a light in her that hasn't gone out.
    She also says that Lynch's direction was "this scene, do it like you did it 25 years ago", which she found frustrating because she's not the same person she was 25 years ago. Imho, it's a perfect direction if you want someone who is not the person they were 25 years ago to show the struggle in going back to who they were 25 years ago?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

not sure if this has been reported already

https://twitter.com/sho_twinpeaks/st...88288572174336

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    great interview with Duwayne Dunham
    https://www.provideocoalition.com/AOTC-TWIN-PEAKS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    the audio version is only three hours long?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    i just have mixed feelings...i feel like season 3 was perfect, and i don't want them to keep adding more and making what we do have less meaningful.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i just have mixed feelings...i feel like season 3 was perfect, and i don't want them to keep adding more and making what we do have less meaningful.
    I would like another season as long as it's the last, Lynch re-created the Twin Peaks universe and introduced lots of elements that could be further explored in a new season, but i also don't want them to spoil the brand, so i guess he can make a final season and close the story for good...

Also the original show had two seasons, so it makes sense the revival has two more...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The Final Dossier just arrived. I'll report back when I've finished obsessing over every detail.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Lana Milford hooked up with Trump in between Marla and Melania and Tammy finds a picture of Trump wearing the jade ring. Lana quickly dumped Trump after she presumably saw his ledgers and decided to find bigger fish.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    HOLY SHIT. So, you get missing pieces filled in about Leo, Audrey, Donna, etc. The crazy shit is below. I'm leaving out a lot about Phillip and other things.

Spoiler: Sarah Palmer's middle name is JUDY. Sarah JUDY Novack was her maiden name. She lived in New Mexico in August of 1956, the same day two radio station employees were killed and a man read a poem over the air that knocked out around twelve people, including SARAH. Her parents found her unconscious and rushed her to the hospital.

Also, Tammy is our archivist in this and finds discrepancies in Twin Peaks history after Cooper and Diane disappeared following the encounter at the sheriff's office. She finds that the Laura Palmer case is referred to now as an unsolved missing persons case and that Leland committed suicide a year after Laura disappeared. Tammy then starts to have difficulty remembering events and rushed back to Philly...