Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Don't think the demo is up yet. I can't find it. Really want to try it out.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Man, I was thinking the whole time that the demo was trying to ape "PT" pleasantly surprised to see it was RE. Stoked to try the demo, maybe they'll pick up what Silent Hills dropped.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So it essentially is PT. Creepy abandoned house, very few electronics working, dark setting and atmosphere and they even decided to Spoiler: put the ghost girl from PT into the game. Or at least looks just like her.

It's fantastic. It capitalizes on PT's theme, setting and vibes while not feeling like a cheap knock off. I'm really digging it. If the whole game is going to be as creepy as the demo was, it's going to be the best RE game since REmake, and that's a hard thing to do.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Great demo but nothing at all struck me that I was playing a RE game. Seems to lack any lore connection to the main series. YES, I know it was ONLY a teaser demo. So I know I can't be too harsh but this is a HUGE departure. No third person, no sense of familiarity, no organization affiliation. Eh.

Unsure how I feel.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    no organization affiliation.
    It's kind of a stretch, but there's a picture of a helicopter with the Umbrella logo on it and on the back of the picture it reads "Is this helicopter following us?".

Also this:
    https://m.gamefly.com/news/29267

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Reminded me of Silent Hill 2 the entire time I was playing to be honest, and that is a great thing. Bring it on!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure what my opinion on it is. Finished in about a half hour. Doesn't feel like resident evil at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The demo didn't exactly feel like a Resident Evil game, but I enjoyed it. The only real connection to past games/lore I saw were the picture of the Umbrella Corporation helecopter. It seemed to me that the maybe the family that lives in the house that you are in are possibly keeping one of their own that has been mutated by some form of the T/G virus. If they go in that direction I think this could actually work.

I have high hopes, I'm a huge RE fan.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Doesn't feel like a resident evil at all. Personally, I wouldn't call it RE7 or even Resident Evil. It's not bad. But, it's so drastic of a departure that some people might not be able to overlook the change (like me and many others). Some are already dismissing and saying it sucks. I just say it's not really a resident evil game. And the amount of what the demo had wasn't really enough for me to really cast judgement on whether or not it'll be good or not. Resident Evil VR would've been a better name for it, imo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    After the action stuffed format of RE 4, 5, and 6 (plus some of the spin-off games) the series was past due to shake things up some. This has me real intrigued.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I agree that the series needed a shake up. But calling it RE7 and it not having anything to do with the rest of the series is just puzzling. I'd either reboot the series of call it something else like Resident Evil: ?????. Not RE7.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The demo is awesome, I was freaked out and loved it. How many times does it change?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tomorrow is release day...I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition from Gamestop. I'm still on the fence with this game (with the lack of lore tie in to the usual characters and such) but I'm optimistic.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm on the fence as well. I'm assuming it ties into the series somehow or else they wouldn't have called it 7. I'm not huge into fps horror games either. Played Outlast and wasn't into it. PT was cool though.

I just don't understand why they didn't just reboot the series.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I just don't understand why they didn't just reboot the series.
    pretty sure that's kind of exactly what they're doing. Im excited to get this in the mail tomorrow

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    pretty sure that's kind of exactly what they're doing. Im excited to get this in the mail tomorrow
    They are, but they're insisting that they haven't. That it fits with the canon. I'm probably going to pick it up since I have a gift card.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I love what they did with their promotional campaign. They even hired actors that look and talk like the game characters.

But, yeah, the mere fact that it capitalized on PT's success was ugly. RE4 was the last great risk that the franchise took. RE5 and RE6 played it safe and were clearly made to appeal to fans of big, dumb action. If Silent Hills was actually completed, RE7 would have probably ripped that off. "Simpsons did it, Simpsons did it!"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't have a PS4 yet (soon). Can someone spoiler about how this fits with canon? I don't see any connections with what I've read about it already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    gamestop let pro members get it yesterday at 9. So far what I've played.... get it. The first scene is intense. I haven't been impressed with RE in sooooo long. $60.00 well spent.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The response seems to be pretty positive so far. I'm picking it up later. I'm going to hold off though. KH2.8 comes first.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Game is great so far Spoiler: just had my hand cut off but stopped to watch some shows before resuming later however nothing strikes me for this being a Resident Evil title at all yet. Nothing seems to be involved with our heroes or corporations. I know I'm not far in but I doubt we'll get any connection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, my local GameStop released it really early last night about around 9 PM. So I picked it up, and already beat it within 10 hours. In saying that, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. It's terrifying, beautiful graphically, and pretty intense most of the time. I only got the first ending, and I already burnt myself out that I doubt I'll go for ending two. I can't wait to see how they continue the series after this one. I recommend it if you loved the first Resident Evil.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Never was a huge Resident Evil fan. I enjoyed RE5 because of the coop and the camera. RE6 was meh. Just picked up the new one from Redbox and it's a breath of fresh air from the last two. I agree with the previous posts about it not seeming like it's part of the original story arc. But I'm only about an hour into the game.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just beat 7 and I have to say it's my favorite now besides 2. I highly recommend it for anyone that's a fan of survival horror.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I just beat 7 and I have to say it's my favorite now besides 2. I highly recommend it for anyone that's a fan of survival horror.
    How long is the game?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Game is great so far Spoiler: just had my hand cut off but stopped to watch some shows before resuming later however nothing strikes me for this being a Resident Evil title at all yet. Nothing seems to be involved with our heroes or corporations. I know I'm not far in but I doubt we'll get any connection.
    at the very least Spoiler: there was a picture of an umbrella helicopter lying around in the demo. theres some connection somewhere but I haven't finished the game yet either so I dunno

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    at the very least Spoiler: there was a picture of an umbrella helicopter lying around in the demo. theres some connection somewhere but I haven't finished the game yet either so I dunno
    DO NOT READ unless you don't care about spoilers.

Spoiler: at the end of the game you are "rescued" by a man that states his name as Redfield. He is coming out of an Umbrella helicopter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It would appear my demo spoiler isn't a spoiler because it was mentioned a few times earlier on this page :/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    How long is the game?
    9-10 hours depending on how you play. It took me even longer, because I wanted to try and collect everything.

Since I've already beaten it, I'm streaming it on twitch. My twitch name is Phantomentity. Sorry if this isn't allowed. I'll delete it if that's the case
    Last edited by theburningreptile; 01-26-2017 at 02:37 PM.