Thread: Carnivale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    No shame in crying, bruh. I do it all the time myself. It's 2017, where hyper-sensitivity is the norm anyway..

I'm not attached to any of the characters yet (obviously), but none of them are anything less than interesting either. The only thing that annoys me about this show at the moment is the overtly-arcane dialogue and the stiffness in the way Clea Duvall delivers her lines whenever she's talking to her mother. I get that it's set in the 1930s and people talked with a different vernacular then, but any time they use a word or expression from the era, it comes across as forced and unnatural and it sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

Perhaps I was spoiled by the three seasons of Deadwood, where the dialogue and the vernacular of that era was executed flawlessly and was actually a driving factor of the storylines.
    there's reasons that sofie talks to her mom that way that will become apparent as the show continues for you.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there's reasons that sofie talks to her mom that way that will become apparent as the show continues for you.
    @NYRexall ^^^ truth ^^^