Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yes. Sorry if that's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's the truth. Trent has never (to my knowledge) brought full production over to Europe on the tours that had full production, so why would you expect it? Because Trent makes some vague comment that boils down to the same thing that all bands say when they're embarking on a tour ("We're bringing it! Fuck yeah!")?
    I'm a hope springs eternal kind of person, I don't go around in life expecting to be disappointed which is probably really weird considering my music taste. I'm very glass half full

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'm a hope springs eternal kind of person, I don't go around in life expecting to be disappointed which is probably really weird considering my music taste. I'm very glass half full
    There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't blame him for not delivering what he never promised to deliver in the first place.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm prepared for the facepalms here as well, but...this IS your fault. You promised your friends something that you didn't actually KNOW you were going to get (Trent saying "all the trimmings" didn't mean full Tension production). You might have done a bit more research as well, since both Lights In The Sky and Tension productions never left the Americas and the shows in Europe are usually more stripped down in terms of production. Not trying to be an asshole about it, but blaming Trent is kind of silly.
    Disagree. Whatever history there was with European (and other territories) getting less than USA - understandably, I admit, due to the cost of carting that show around, the fact that he made a point of saying that, mid-Tension, suggested that was exactly what we were getting. What else could it have meant?!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Disagree. Whatever history there was with European (and other territories) getting less than USA - understandably, I admit, due to the cost of carting that show around, the fact that he made a point of saying that, mid-Tension, suggested that was exactly what we were getting. What else could it have meant?!
    Like I said, Trent's remark is basically the same thing that every band says before a tour that's being promoted. Unless he said "We're bringing the production over to the UK", I wouldn't have expected it. Trent's reputation on that subject supersedes any vague comments he might make.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Honestly, I don't consider NIN a show that I care much about the visuals for. It's nice to have shiny lights, but I was never into NIN for the art side of things. If stripped down = less stress for the crew and thus maybe a more intense set, I'm all for it.

And hey, maybe Trent can bring a saxophone in place of 300m of surgical tubing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like I said, Trent's remark is basically the same thing that every band says before a tour that's being promoted. Unless he said "We're bringing the production over to the UK", I wouldn't have expected it. Trent's reputation on that subject supersedes any vague comments he might make.
    'We're coming over with all the bells and whistles', is what he said - pretty much the same thing in my book.

Unless it's actually that - some bells and whistles, and I just REALLY misunderstood what he meant...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Honestly, I don't consider NIN a show that I care much about the visuals for. It's nice to have shiny lights, but I was never into NIN for the art side of things. If stripped down = less stress for the crew and thus maybe a more intense set, I'm all for it.

And hey, maybe Trent can bring a saxophone in place of 300m of surgical tubing.
    He'd certainly better bring his tambourine over...!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    ...in my book.
    Yes, in YOUR book.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yes, in YOUR book.
    ...and most other english speakers I'd guess...anyway, not here for a row - not that I'm suggesting you are...!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Man, that version of The Great Destroyer on Smores' recording from the 28th is sick as all hell. Too awesome.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm prepared for the facepalms here as well, but...this IS your fault. You promised your friends something that you didn't actually KNOW you were going to get (Trent saying "all the trimmings" didn't mean full Tension production). You might have done a bit more research as well, since both Lights In The Sky and Tension productions never left the Americas and the shows in Europe are usually more stripped down in terms of production. Not trying to be an asshole about it, but blaming Trent is kind of silly.
    Ok, Tension never left the US, you have a point there. But they brought LITS down to South America, which is even harder to do than Europe. I think Trent was just too bored of that format to bring it over to Europe.

Not to mention the festival production, which, as I said before, was not quite LITS, but it was far more than what they're currently doing. They took that shit to Asia, Europe, and the US.

I trust Trent, and I honestly believe we'll see a screen pop up when they hit festivals. As he said it himself, when it's just 4 guys onstage, it tends to lose people's attention. It won't lose mine, but I'm not the only person watching that gig.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, a setlist featuring no tracks from the latest LP. Who does that?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Wow, a setlist featuring no tracks from the latest LP. Who does that?
    Say what????

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Say what????
    Presumably talking about the second Japanese show...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Well, it looks like the 3x3 'tic-tac-toe' lights survived. Those things arguably did more in terms of versatility and overall effect than the stealth screens did for Tension, so while it may not be the full production, the light show should certainly be nothing to scoff at.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Some tv show or radio show just interviewed me, said Trent is gonna see it and I begged him to play the song AATCHB live haha

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I also mentioned ETS, NIN hotline and Matt Dunphy and Gary Numan etc. they said they'll edit it together and Trent will see it yada yada. I think they asked me 10 questions in total
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-06-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Some tv show or radio show just interviewed me, said Trent is gonna see it and I begged him to play the song AATCHB live haha
    How did this come about? Did you win a contest or something, or were you just walking by wearing a NIN t-shirt and the pulled you into the studio?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Well, it looks like the 3x3 'tic-tac-toe' lights survived. Those things arguably did more in terms of versatility and overall effect than the stealth screens did for Tension, so while it may not be the full production, the light show should certainly be nothing to scoff at.
    We got the 3x3 lights in Vegas without the rest of the elaborate setup and I was amazed by all the cool shit they did with those. They're certainly orders of magnitude cooler than just the laser beam lights.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    NIN up first http://instagram.com/p/lMfYWjyutl/ http://instagram.com/p/lMflkjE01O/#

Looks like they opened with A Warm Place into Somewhat Damaged

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The tambourine is back (not that it went away). The lights are actually looking pretty cool

https://mobile.twitter.com/Doctortri...465729/photo/1
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-06-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Now we're up to: A warm place, somewhat damaged, terrible lie, sanctified and only.

Interesting start... @Ryan is probably hopping mad that Only is making an appearance, and so early in the set as well, odd.

I'm gonna attempt round 2 of trying to sleep. I was laying in bed for nearly an hour and then I remembered, hey, NIN should be on stage now in AUS... let's go online and see if the setlist has started.

EDIT: And 1 quick edit before I go, Burn just got added.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-06-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Now we're up to: A warm place, somewhat damaged, terrible lie, sanctified and only.

Interesting start... @Ryan is probably hopping mad that Only is making an appearance, and so early in the set as well, odd.

I'm gonna attempt round 2 of trying to sleep. I was laying in bed for nearly an hour and then I remembered, hey, NIN should be on stage now in AUS... let's go online and see if the setlist has started.

EDIT: And 1 quick edit before I go, Burn just got added.
    I was the one editing setlistfm. The stuff on setlistfm is not in order (barring warm place and sd), this is just what I'm seeing via instagram, twitter and vines. Once everything gets revealed since nin's set finishes in 10-15 mins from now, the running order will be fixed.
    Last edited by jezstyle; 03-06-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    How did this come about? Did you win a contest or something, or were you just walking by wearing a NIN t-shirt and the pulled you into the studio?
    I was just standing at the front of the presale line (non NIN.com one) and they asked me.

and yes, fuck Only! Pretty standard set list.

in the interview they asked me what would open and I guessed Somewhat Damaged... go
    me! Ps recorded it all. Hopefully tomorrow more interesting stuff is played.

Not sticking around for QOTSA.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Also no, not wearing anything NIN, just black.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So really only 10 songs? That's.. not a lot

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    So really only 10 songs? That's.. not a lot

Setlistfm is obviously incomplete. People are still watching Queens (eg.) and haven't even got home yet. Patience. Check again in a few hours.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Someone just posted this on NIN facebook group

"The best show of my
    Fucking life! They didn't even take a fuckinh break!!
    In perfect order-tonight's set list-
    :a warm place
    somewhat damaged
    letting you
    terrible lie
    march of the pigs
    piggy
    sanctified
    came back haunted
    me I'm not
    copy of a
    survivalism
    wish
    burn
    gave up
    hand that feeds
    head like a hole
    hurt

I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures, but I wanted to enjoy my first NIN concert!"
    Last edited by telee.kom; 03-06-2014 at 05:43 AM.