Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams with Trent/NIN in them

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Dreams with Trent/NIN in them

I had a dream about Trent last night. It was in a small, old school, wood-paneled highschool college theatre auditorium. Light was shining through the high windows. The audience had about 100 to 200 members and most of them were women. Trent was on stage being interviewed by this supposedely semi-famous blonde interviewer guy in his late 30s. It was kind of like a variety show/interview. Trent would talk to the audience about various subjects and every now and then the interviewer guy would ask him a question. It was a rehearsed show, almost like theatre. The interviewer would walk into the audience, talking to Trent with big gestures, and Trent would follow him and respond. Then Trent would walk back to the stage talking to the interviewer, and the interviewer would follow him back up, talking all the while. This was a somewhat real/somewhat rehearsed conversation meant for the audience. Then on stage at one point, the interviewer asks Trent, "so you've been known to be weird." And Trent said, "I'm still weird" and he does a plie like in ballet. Later on an asian college student (very attractive) and really into Trent, is standing up on a chair in the audience in a sweatshirt and headband and Trent is addressing a question of hers. After the show, backstage, I went to the dressing room and I was able to meet Trent! I shook his hand and said, "awesome show dude." He was appreciative and friendly. I also shook the interviewer guy's hand and said, "awesome man", however I didn't mean it wholeheartedly and he could sense that and I could tell because he frowned. Then they had to go. I think they were going to a club or something.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 01-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You should eat less cheese before you go to bed.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I ate cheese last night and this did not happen. Mustn't be cheese.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I had quite a bitchin' NIN dream. Chris Nolan had decided to get Trent and Atticuss to score an alternate version of The Dark Knight and not only that, but Nolan had also decided to use Trent and Atticuss as actors in his movie. They were both good guys of some sort, working with Batman to take down the Joker. Trent was not hot shit here, but rather Atticuss was. Batman calls up Trent who in turn calls up Atticuss who's some sort of awesome undercover agent or something. You see him wearing all black clothing, riding an elevator, arriving in the north pole equipped with an automatic rifle, shooting at that one corrupt dude from Hong Kong.

In hindsight this shit makes absolutely no sense. Needless to say, it was a fucking awesome dream... and I want to see Atticuss as an action hero.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i had a dream a hamburger was eating ​me!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Really, really wish I could record dreams. Last night, I had the most absurdly long, epic, and detailed dream ever. It was more or less a Fragile-based miniseries (without a single mention of NIN though), akin to something you'd see on PBS or the BBC. Extremely skilled no-name actors, amazing visuals, an extraordinary storyline. I have absolutely no idea what brought this on, but damnit, I wish I could just go back to it every night. It was a massive mindfuck.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Last night had a dream about a new Nine Inch Nails/Eminem collaboration song. Production/music partly written by Trent Reznor. Chorus sung by Trent and Eminem. Music video: very clear daytime summer colors. Eminem and some younger messed up looking guy with bleached hair in back of a car going around city. Lots of vibrant color. As they're cruising, camera shot of young woman wearing stylish urban clothes a fashionable NIN baseball cap.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Last night had a dream about a new Nine Inch Nails/Eminem collaboration song. Production/music partly written by Trent Reznor. Chorus sung by Trent and Eminem. Music video: very clear daytime summer colors. Eminem and some younger messed up looking guy with bleached hair in back of a car going around city. Lots of vibrant color. As they're cruising, camera shot of young woman wearing stylish urban clothes a fashionable NIN baseball cap.
    super weird timing, because klye and I had a very interesting discussion about Eminem with this really aggressive bro friend of mine on FB today...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So, had a dream that NIN launched an international tour, a mix of large-venue and club shows.

The bad news: They made presales an ARG.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^
    do you mean you had to solve a puzzle to win ticket in your dream? what was it about?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    So, had a dream that NIN launched an international tour, a mix of large-venue and club shows.

The bad news: They made presales an ARG.

That sounded really unrealistic until the second part. Now I'm quite sure this is how they're going to do it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    ^
    do you mean you had to solve a puzzle to win ticket in your dream? what was it about?
    It was like the YZR ARG, and everybody had to first discover where the shows were, and then unlock clues that allowed you to purchase presale tickets.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Last night I had a dream that 10 random people around the world who bought TGWTDT deluxe were shipped some NIN goodies in a giant chest. Goodies included a small song collection preview for The Fragile remaster on a 10" red vinyl, some of the actual teeth used in the TDS era artwork, posters and loads of other shit. I was in heaven, then some asshole dog barked outside and woke me up.

I've been listening to The Fragile a lot lately for the first time in a while (almost perma-hooked on Big Black Delta since early 2011). I assume there will be a vinyl repressing, but I also want the 5.1. Hoping the ability of getting both isn't locked away in some $400 package...
    Last edited by blassster; 10-06-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    :::chuckles::: I had a dream a few nights ago that Topspin mistakenly mailed me a set of TGWTDT vinyl repressings. They just showed up in a box like the WT and YZ vinyl singles boxes. I went back-and-forth-and-forth on whether to e-mail them or not. (Since I canceled my deluxe order, it was so cool in the dream to get that vinyl.)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I had a dream this morning that random people who had gotten the AIR ammo cases got invites in the mail to a NIN rehearsal show.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I had a random dream last night / this morning that the s/n who shall not be mentioned quoted me. I don't remember what he said, just that he finally commented on ETS again, and it was to quote me (probably to tear me a new one, I'm not saying I had a dream he was all "this x 1,000 lololol" or anything).
    I like to think he still lurks every once in a while, when he's feeling exceptionally masochistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is something totally stupid to share, but it was so random that I can't stop laughing about it:

I've dreamt that the new NIN album was called "Operation Destiny", and upon hearing this in the dream, my reaction was "Oh God, Trent has gone all mystic."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Last night I had a dream that I was at a NiN show. A small club gig. I was standing in the front row and the band was playing Terrible Lie and they finish and Trent notices that I'm yelling his name. So he tells me to run up to the stage. So I do and I come up to him with my hand raised for a high five.....and he straight up denies it. I was all like..... So after the show my friend corners Trent backstage and handcuffs him to a roadie case until he gives me a high five. After some persistence he finally does, and then explains he learned a valuable lesson about being a good person and high-fiving his fans. Then we have a good laugh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Best dream ever. I was attending some not yet invented game show that has a guest presenter every week. The set up was a bit little TFI Friday (UK chatshow). This week the presenter was none other than good ole Trent who was an absolute natural at it, and I got randomly chosen as the contestant who goes through a series of conundrums, and had loads of banter with him. NIN also played between each conundrum.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night I was at a gig and they played Happiness In Slavery, but it was just the album version being played through the speakers and they proceeded to put up a big cardboard sign onstage saying "LOL, J/K"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well my horrible dream of last night was that I ran into Robin and his wife and he told me he's only doing 7-8 more shows and then is leaving the tour so that he can join an improv troupe with the hopes of getting on a sitcom. I practically woke up in a cold sweat.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I totally had a dream last night that Trent and Mariqueen lived in my hometown of Palm Springs. Here is the thing you need to know about Palm Springs: it is known for golf loving baby boomers and lots of gay men. I went to the Reznor residence where they were lunching with a bunch of baby boomers. Ugh. There was an ASPCA training center in the back of their home and they had a pet whale. *Back to your normally scheduled sanity*

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    …and they had a pet whale.
    We need to find a use for this.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    and they had a pet whale.
    I think they used to have a porpoise.

but then again, that might ALSO have been a dream

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

but then again, that might ALSO have been a dream
    I totally unintentionally fell into that one. lol

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    So the marine mammal isn’t exactly the same.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    what's the relationship between the demos on the purest feeling bootleg and the demos and remixes bootleg? i mean, was one set made before the other, or is it a mix?

and, seriously, i just had the second dream this week that i was at an imaginary NIN concert. in the first dream, trent did a signing afterward. in the one this morning, it was like a huge band in a place so small that the audience was just crowded around them . . . i'm blaming all of you ETSers.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    what's the relationship between the demos on the purest feeling bootleg and the demos and remixes bootleg? i mean, was one set made before the other, or is it a mix?

and, seriously, i just had the second dream this week that i was at an imaginary NIN concert. in the first dream, trent did a signing afterward. in the one this morning, it was like a huge band in a place so small that the audience was just crowded around them . . . i'm blaming all of you ETSers.
    I just had one too! I'll just say the concert ended when Trent came into the crowd and my mom talked to him about being pregnant with his baby.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Yesterday I woke up really grumpy because I came this close to missing a show on the 2014 NA leg* thanks to a presale snafu. Ended up just buying a ticket at the box office — until I asked, no one even bothered to tell me tickets were available.

…And then I woke up, so I can’t tell you what the setlist was.

* According to my dream, it will be a theater tour.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Yesterday I woke up really grumpy because I came this close to missing a show on the 2014 NA leg* thanks to a presale snafu. Ended up just buying a ticket at the box office — until I asked, no one even bothered to tell me tickets were available.

…And then I woke up, so I can’t tell you what the setlist was.

* According to my dream, it will be a theater tour.
    I had a dream sometime in the last week where the 2014 NA tour was a theater-based one too, the show was at the main theater in my school (which does have many famous acts, at least one stand up comedian has filmed their live DVD there). Since I was (will be in 2014) an alum, I was able to get VIP-like tickets, and used that access to be up against the stage. For whatever reason, Trent reached out and grabbed my hand for a second during Reptile, which is the only song I remember recognizing (my NIN performance dreams are usually of non-existent songs).
    So, 2014 theater tour is it!