Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kid Rock is running for the Senate (yes, for real)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Kid Rock is running for the Senate (yes, for real)

https://www.kidrockforsenate.com

He confirmed via his Facebook page he is indeed running for the U.S. Senate.

If Trump can win MI, anything goes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was just about to post this.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    guy is a joke
    -Louie

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh fuck. There goes Michigan.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    guy is a joke
    -Louie
    No sane, rational person would vote for fucking Kid Rock for U.S. Senate or any other elected office. But we live in weird times. People underestimate Kid Rock's candidacy at their own peril. How many people thought Trump would actually win?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Nearly everybody I know in Detroit (including my little brother and my best friend) LOVES Kid Rock. I don't get it, I think he has zero talent and is totally full of shit, but whatever.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...-ten/31200653/
    Last edited by allegro; 07-12-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Nearly everybody I know in Detroit (including my little brother and my best friend) LOVES Kid Rock. I don't get it, I think he has zero talent and is totally full of shit, but whatever.
    I like him, he's charismatic, a very good, energetic frontman and he's recorded some really fun songs. I personally think that Devil Without a Cause is one of the best rock albums of the late 90's. That said, Kid Rock for U.S. Senate? Hell no.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I like him, he's charismatic, a very good, energetic frontman and he's recorded some really fun songs. I personally think that Devil Without a Cause is one of the best rock albums of the late 90's. That said, Kid Rock for U.S. Senate? Hell no.
    He pretends to be a redneck but he is from a wealthy family.

I don't like that type of sorta hillbilly rap stuff but he is a GOD in Detroit. A GOD.

DAVE BING was Mayor of Detroit, fer Chripe's sake. This is the MIDWEST. Jesse Ventura was the Governor of Minnesota. AL FRANKEN is a Senator in Minnesota (a GOOD one).

Great, now I have "Cowboy" stuck in my head.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-12-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Bawitdawtf? o.O

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Either he's trolling us as promotion for a new album or it's serious. Either way, he's still a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    He pretends to be a redneck but he is from a wealthy family.

I don't like that type of sorta hillbilly rap stuff but he is a GOD in Detroit. A GOD.

DAVE BING was Mayor of Detroit, fer Chripe's sake. This is the MIDWEST. Jesse Ventura was the Governor of Minnesota. AL FRANKEN is a Senator in Minnesota (a GOOD one).

Great, now I have "Cowboy" stuck in my head.
    Never understood that Confederate flag shit either. He's from MI! Doubt General Custer would be too happy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I have never liked him, mostly because of his personalty.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...we really are hurtling toward a future where celebrities with ideas above their station are being elected based on how popular they are rather then actually being able to do a job...crumbs!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    he's a god in Detroit... dude lives in Malibu.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If he runs a campaign he'll win. We're at the point where no one thinks rationally about politics/good candidates anymore.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    idiocracy has become a looming warning way before i expected it to. beef supreme for president, kid rock for senate.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If he actually does run and wins, he'll probably just defer to Paul Ryan/McConnell. He's actually pretty chummy with Ryan and Ryan would likely act as a mentor. I seriously doubt Kid Rock has any real philosophy on how governments should run, other than some vague notion of "freedom," "less government," "guns!" etc.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Never understood that Confederate flag shit either. He's from MI! Doubt General Custer would be too happy.
    While vacationing through Oregon I saw a house with a Confederate flag on it. At this point just put a sign out front that says "I hate black people" and be done with it. Why hide?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I don't know what politics has become, but isn't it supposed to be about writing laws that make people's lives better? Please tell me what fucking experience Kid Rock has ever had with that? An ugly guy with ugly views, exemplifying everything that sucks about the US right now.

Also, his music is shit, pure shit, and I love me some basic rap metal, but Kid Rock sucks. He makes Limp Bizkit sound like Mozart.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I love what somebody posted on Facebook a while ago:

Kid Rock is like the above-ground pool of music

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    idiocracy has become a looming warning way before i expected it to. beef supreme for president, kid rock for senate.
    Oh fuck. You're right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey world -- can we not? Can we just not????

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    And people are fucking thrilled that there might be a viable challenge to Trump in the form of The Rock.
    It wouldn't fucking surprise me if, in the future, congressional reps were chosen on a reality show or something. at this rate, that's where we're headed.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Nothing but respect FOR MY PRESIDENT

Edit: Wait, The Rock and Kid Rock are two different guys?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    nothing but respect for my president

edit: Wait, the rock and kid rock are two different guys?
    michael blackman @mblackman37
    sure the rock would make a better president than trump, but so would an actual rock.
    haaaaaa ha ha ha!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    probably got another shitty album coming out he should get together with Fred Durst and call themselves durst and the worst
    maybe they could both run for senate, and we could have a U.S. senate full of idiots, wait could be that's already happened
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    And people are fucking thrilled that there might be a viable challenge to Trump in the form of The Rock.
    It wouldn't fucking surprise me if, in the future, congressional reps were chosen on a reality show or something. at this rate, that's where we're headed.
    Whatever it takes to get the voting numbers to go as high as American Idol or whatever.

/s

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Also, his music is shit, pure shit, and I love me some basic rap metal, but Kid Rock sucks. He makes Limp Bizkit sound like Mozart.
    I put on Devil Without a Cause every now and then for a good laugh. Sure, his lyrics are abysmal and the music is trash, but it sounds fun in an absolutely filthy, ghastly way (except for the final track, which I agree shouldn't exist at all). It's hilarious, not because of his jokes (which are terrible), but because there are moments of forced grandeur where he attempts to be serious and majestic, and fails miserably. I couldn't breathe when that auto-tuned ballad came up late in the album (and that happened wayyyy before the explosion of auto-tune). Of course, when he tried to become a legitimate singer-songwriter and focus more on country shit, it just wasn't funny anymore.

And to everyone considering to vote for Kid Rock, The Rock, Kane, Kanye West etc., just remember The Terminator as a governor of LA. Or Ronald Reagan as president. Yeah.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Best joke I've read about this so far. https://twitter.com/markcritch/statu...74643443187712

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought we learned that if Donald Trump can be elected President, then we really should take the clowns running for important US government positions seriously. Let's not let Kid Rock off the hook, bizarre as he may seem.