Page 357 of 485 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 407 457 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,710 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I guess now the question is: does he renew his contract on the WWE or he goes away to wrestle in Japan and/or Mexico if he becomes a free agent.

I hope his new style is safer than the old one...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I guess now the question is: does he renew his contract on the WWE or he goes away to wrestle in Japan and/or Mexico if he becomes a free agent.

I hope his new style is safer than the old one...
    I'd imagine he's going to stay now. Probably work a limited schedule. And as I'm typing this he's taking powerbomb spots like he never left. Hopefully he tones his style down some though. Has to. Took two years for them to clear him. If he gets another concussion, especially so soon, that's it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I hope they don't have him work house shows..But I know that him being on house shows will sell tickets. I just hope he's safe.

also, had a seminar today with CMLL star Sam Adonis (Corey Graves brother) I've known him since i was like 13. Very fun seminar..minus all the laps we did out side in the snow. UGH!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I hope they don't have him work house shows..But I know that him being on house shows will sell tickets. I just hope he's safe.

also, had a seminar today with CMLL star Sam Adonis (Corey Graves brother) I've known him since i was like 13. Very fun seminar..minus all the laps we did out side in the snow. UGH!
    He's said he doesn't want to travel as much since being a father. He's probably either going to do just tv and some house shows or work a part time schedule and only work so many matches a year.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    He's said he doesn't want to travel as much since being a father. He's probably either going to do just tv and some house shows or work a part time schedule and only work so many matches a year.
    I think that's the best way to go but I'm not sure if WWE will do that. The matches he'll probably have with AJ Styles, Nakamura, Rusev, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, and maybe... Kurt Angle. Man, those will be fucking good.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I think that's the best way to go but I'm not sure if WWE will do that. The matches he'll probably have with AJ Styles, Nakamura, Rusev, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, and maybe... Kurt Angle. Man, those will be fucking good.
    I think they will. He'll work more than lesnar for sure. On paper a match with Angle would be cool. Not sure what he has left tbh. Nakamura is a match he wants for sure. All of them would be great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    And as I'm typing this he's taking powerbomb spots like he never left.
    I wonder if it would've been possible to do that without having announced Bryan was cleared. There'd be NUCLEAR heat on Owens & Zayn for destroying somebody on the no-touch list. I mean we'd all presume he was cleared for it, but since it's a wrestling trope as soon as he said they were fired I was waiting for the beatdown since I knew he was cleared.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Gotta think he's probably been cleared for awhile or they've been in the process. They've been building around him for awhile with the Shane storyline. Glad he's back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kevin Owens has changed his name to Kevin Steen on Twitter (he lost the blue Verified checkmark coz he made the change himself, they have weird rules about making changes on Verified accounts)

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-this-week-wwe

Would be hilarious if El Generico beat up Shane &/or Bryan on Smackdown & became WWE canon.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This (KO, Sami, Bryan, Shane) has literally been the best storyline of WrestleMania. That’s what happens when you plan out and write long term and have talent that can execute said plan. I wonder how long they knew Bryan would be returning. Regardless, it obviously elevated this match.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What would be amazing would be for them to work a pwg show or something just to sell the firing angle. Make some people think they legit got fired. Kinda like what the Hardys did before mania with roh.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    PWG has an event this Friday...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I wonder how long they knew Bryan would be returning. Regardless, it obviously elevated this match.
    I think it's in this video, he found out he'd been officially cleared by WWE's doctor Monday night.

But obviously if they sent him to three different neurologists the actual process of getting him cleared (or seeing if he even can be cleared) has been going on for a while.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    For those who care; Ellsworth vs Gillberg:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I think it's in this video, he found out he'd been officially cleared by WWE's doctor Monday night.

But obviously if they sent him to three different neurologists the actual process of getting him cleared (or seeing if he even can be cleared) has been going on for a while.
    I think it was earlier than that. In recent months, he was talking about how his chances increased and if he wasn't cleared by mania he wouldn't be at all. Then, last week he said sort of the same thing but was kinda vague about it. So I'm thinking sometime in the last two weeks. It got out so they jumped on it.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    As someone who never experienced Daniel's run live, and only got into wrestling after that, the drama around him just does not resonate with me. He's absolutely whatever category for me, and no amount of historical videos or write-ups could convince me otherwise. If anything, the cult around him can be flat out annoying.

The one good thing he produced for me is when The Miz rekt him live; that was tasty. I'll never understand how could he ever manage to get so over, but good for him. I bet he's good, but is he a Roman Reigns??!!! Don't think so, my buddies.

Btw, are we absolutely sure Undertaker vs. Cena is happening? Because as cool as it sounds that the Dead Man may return, I really don't want to see him embarrassed - yet again. I'm not talking about potentially losing, as I'm 80% sure he'd win it and give some pep talk to Cena that puts him in his place, but man, seeing a gassed out Taker yet again at WM would not be fancy. If by the off-chance he'd even lose the match... oh man, let's not even think about that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Daniel Bryan is that relatable underdog. Also a solid worker as well. That's probably why he's so over. It's crazy. But he's their biggest babyface.

Undertaker is definitely happening. I wouldn't be against a bait and switch but I doubt it. I think he had his hip replaced, finally. So maybe he'll be able to move around better. I saw him in a video a little while back, and it looked like he was struggling to get out of a car and stand. I really don't want him to wrestle again. He's got nothing to prove and his body is broken down. Hopefully this is it. Sounds like it is but you never know.

And sorry to break it to You, but I don't see taker winning this one either.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    You think? My thought process is that both Taker and Cena are basically in their legend status, so none of them needs any push or validation. But Cena will be around longer, while Taker is fading into legacy, so if Cena loses, he can just beat people up at a next PPV or WM, while Taker's WM record takes another unnecessary blow. Also, it would reflect badly on Roman. "Here's The Big Dog, oh my God, he beat the Dead Man!!!!! Oh, nvm, Cena just smashed this old fool too." I mean, keyfabe Cena is probbaly still stronger than Reigns, but if you make Taker a laughing stock, then Roman's win deflates as well.

How does a hip replacement look like exactly? I mean, there's no way they literally take out the bone, right...? Though that's what replacement means.

edit: and yaaay, Hulk is coming back! I highly doubt he'll be back at WM, but man, that would be this year's 10M+ views shit on WWE youtube after The Hardyz.
    Last edited by Volband; 03-23-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    How does a hip replacement look like exactly? I mean, there's no way they literally take out the bone, right...? Though that's what replacement means.
    They cut off the top of the leg bone that goes into the hip socket & literally pound a piece of metal of similar shape into the top of the remaining bone.

& they can also put a plate on the inside of the hip where the metal part would meet the bone.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I think Taker will lose and finally "retire", but there's always a chance he wins and then they do Taker/Cena II for the retirement next year (i really hope not...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Cena's hyping it as "one more match". But you never really know anymore. Seemed finished last year and now he's back... But they could easily spin it and say it was the end of the dead man and this year being the end of the actual career. I'm just ready for it to be done. Cena's cutting solid promos. We got Kane.............. I don't expect the match to be that good either tbh. Wouldn't be surprised to see it close the show either.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Very cool to see one of my peers on raw making her IN RING DEBUT with AUSKA. Mindblowing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks was one of the greatest tag matches I have ever seen. Absolutely amazing!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Corey Graves name-dropped NIN and QOTSA tonight!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks was one of the greatest tag matches I have ever seen. Absolutely amazing!

And I heard the Bucks are on starting to crack. It's all because of Cody stirring the pot. He is the best heel working today.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    And I heard the Bucks are on starting to crack. It's all because of Cody stirring the pot. He is the best heel working today.
    If you can watch the match you definitely should. Amazing psychology and of course awesome moves left and right

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The storytelling in that tag match was insane. Anyone who says Bucks don't tell stories need to watch that match. Best tag match I've seen in a very long time.

Rousey almost killed Mandy Rose and Deville. That throwaway slam thing she's been doing is going to hurt someone. She's pretty reckless with it too.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    The Cena story is absolutely hilarious, and it's even better by how serious he takes himself.

Also, it's very considerate from Vince to award the winner of the Women's BR another vagina, in case their own malfunctioned or something. A 21st century gentleman if I ever saw one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Glad I'm not the only person to see that. Amazing how you go from Moolah to Ovaries. It's WWE.

That Cena segment sucked. I'm so over Kane. Didn't care about the match but I persevered. Main event segment with ten minutes left so I'm thinking "ok, let's see what we got". Nada. Waste of a main event segment. Should've been in the second hour or something. Shouldn't have closed the show.

Kind of a waste to see Bayley and Sasha in a battle royal. I get why they would be. But, with all this build, winning the Ovarian Battle Royal trophy kinda means nothing. They should have their own match but probably won't.

Shane McMahon's out of mania most likely too. Diverticulitis. Guessing triple threat with Owens/Zayn/Bryan now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They announced NXT will be at Download again June 8-10, they're promoting Shayna Baszler, Ricochet, Kairi Sane, Velveteen Dream, Aleister Black, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly & Nikki Cross as appearing. No Almas. "Card subject to change" & it wouldn't be the first time somebody who moved up to the main roster worked an NXT show, but probably somewhat of a spoiler that most if not all are not getting a post-WM callup.