Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Live Speculation

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The Cure are doing shows later this year. NIN + Cure? Yes please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    2 weeks (lollapalooza)?
    This has been my guess all along, 25th anniversary Jane's Addition and NIN. But I kinda hope I am wrong so I don't have to sell an arm and leg to get there and overpay for a hotel.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 03-08-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    If Trent does indeed have a tour planned, though I will of course go, I hope it's not Lolla. The people that tend to populate that event are some of the most deplorable human beings you will encounter. Now that I've said that, it does put me in the mood for some NIN. Guess it would be ideal.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Good lord please not Lolla again. That whole market (Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Indy, etc.) gets fucked by their radius clause. And yeah, fuck that festival altogether.

I would take take it over nothing though. :/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What's the closest proper to Lolla can there be? (How far is it from Chicago?)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Here's my speculation. No shows in 2016.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Good lord please not Lolla again. That whole market (Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Indy, etc.) gets fucked by their radius clause. And yeah, fuck that festival altogether.

I would take take it over nothing though. :/
    I agree. Lollapalooza is a just a stupid festival made by some washed-up old fuck who hasn't bothered to make anything interesting these days.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What's the closest proper to Lolla can there be? (How far is it from Chicago?)
    Lollapalooza is in Chicago. Here's an article with a good radius pic...

http://m.mic.com/articles/91181/how-...nds#.XzC8dtjHy

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Lolla was fucking awesome when it was a touring festival in the 90s.
    In dallas in 97 i saw Tool, Prodigy, Failure, Tricky, Snoop Dogg, James, Julian and Damian Marley, Lost Boyz...
    Jesus, that was a great lineup, and it cost about 30 dollars.
    Lolla was the SHIT at one point.
    Anyway, i'm with @Deepvoid . I'll be damned surprised if there are any nin shows this year.

edit: jesus fuck, that article that @Krazy linked...what lolla has turned into is fucking disgusting! :/
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-11-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Never noticed/cared enough to realize there was a radius clause. That would explain why Bassnectar hasn't been at Summer Camp for the past few years.

(Sorry for the aside).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ugh, I would really love a concert this year:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    2 weeks (lollapalooza)?
    Lineup was announced today. No NIN in sight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Lineup was announced today. No NIN in sight.
    Yep, I'm starting to believe touring won't be happening.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yep, I'm starting to believe touring won't be happening.
    NIN hardly plays every Lolla

Though, we literally have no reason to think NIN is touring this year

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Jumping to conclusions is ETS favorite sport.
    I say it's too soon to dismiss the tour just yet.
    Eight years ago, we only learned about Lights in the Sky tour in mid-March, while tour started in July.
    If NIN were planning to tour this year in the fall (let's say September-October) then I don't see why we should know about it already.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I figured if we got a tour it wouldn't be until fall at the earliest. Buildup for album (I hope he goes back to the slow build, as much as I like "surprise here's a album" I loved how WT and YZ were handled), album release, tour date announcement (if he tours). Maybe summer, but since I don't like dealing with the insane summer heat I'm going to guess/hope for fall arena/club tour.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    NIN hardly plays every Lolla

Though, we literally have no reason to think NIN is touring this year
    Anytime there is new music coming there is a decent chance. Plus, that thing posted on inforoo, which, of course could be BS

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I figured if we got a tour it wouldn't be until fall at the earliest. Buildup for album (I hope he goes back to the slow build, as much as I like "surprise here's a album" I loved how WT and YZ were handled), album release, tour date announcement (if he tours). Maybe summer, but since I don't like dealing with the insane summer heat I'm going to guess/hope for fall arena/club tour.
    I would love a similar schedule as 2013 -- handful of festivals to promote hype and shake the dust off, debut a couple new songs, then have a brief break, album release and full tour.

I also doubt any of this will happen at all though. The earliest I'd expect to see more touring would be next year. I'd also loathe if they did a handful of one-offs, because I'm not the kind of person who can afford to just travel across country for a concert like some people can and it feels so limiting and frustrating.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Trint Ruznore

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    In the Inforoo thing at the beginning of the thread it said it was nowhere near the scale of U2 or Muse, so perhaps it's a theatre tour? A bit like htda did a moment factory thing for theatres. Hope it's something transportable overseas anyway

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just hope that if there ends up being an amphitheater tour at some point, I would love a GA pit again. The seats bummed me out a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dissonance style tour with Tool, when they release a new album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so about NIN live, would love to see em but with a slight change to what normally goes on.
    what i mean by that is... well im just speaking from personal experience (i only usually can afford one show and that is almost always the Toronto show) but the shows early on in the tour tend to suffer from glitches and other technical difficulties and yes i realize thats not anyone's fault in particular but maybe this time around switch it up.

Toronto for example seems to be in the early part of the tour or northeast part of the tour, so i dunno...maybe start off somewhere in the west and start touring eastward?
    i will take NIN live in any shape or form but if i had a choice, then this kind of a change would be welcomed by me at least.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    so about NIN live, would love to see em but with a slight change to what normally goes on.
    what i mean by that is... well im just speaking from personal experience (i only usually can afford one show and that is almost always the Toronto show) but the shows early on in the tour tend to suffer from glitches and other technical difficulties and yes i realize thats not anyone's fault in particular but maybe this time around switch it up.

Toronto for example seems to be in the early part of the tour or northeast part of the tour, so i dunno...maybe start off somewhere in the west and start touring eastward?
    i will take NIN live in any shape or form but if i had a choice, then this kind of a change would be welcomed by me at least.
    He could just give ya Europe style shows, with no effects (90% of the time) and so no chance for major glitches :P

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas W Jefford View Post
    tour with Tool
    I like being able to actually get tickets, thank you very much

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    He could just give ya Europe style shows, with no effects (90% of the time) and so no chance for major glitches :P
    Yes, the 2 opening shows of NINJA are two of my favorite shows that I've attended, and I feel like if there would have been tons of visual production I wouldn't have had such a positive experience.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    edit .....
    Last edited by kel; 08-19-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yeah, he could :P
    you also missed my last sentence there tho..
    it was me just wanting a small change in the way each tour seems to shape up, thats all really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I like being able to actually get tickets, thank you very much
    I forget the tickets are much cheaper by the sound of things in the UK, My last Tool show was around the £15 mark in 2006.
    I'd happily substitute for Gary Numan, He pulls in a great atmosphere here.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas W Jefford View Post
    I forget the tickets are much cheaper by the sound of things in the UK, My last Tool show was around the £15 mark in 2006.
    I'd happily substitute for Gary Numan, He pulls in a great atmosphere here.
    Last Tool tour their $80 nosebleed tickets sold out in literal seconds and were then re-sold in the hundreds on third party sites. Tool's response was "then just spend $300 on our VIP tickets, guys!" It was ridiculous.

My first show actually had Numan opening and then he did Reptile and We Take Mystery to Bed in the encore. Absolutely fantastic time. He works extremely well on-stage with NIN and I'd love to see him with them more.