Thread: Stupid things you've done

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I signed up as a member of echoing the sound.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I can actually relate to this on a serious note with Internet forums and social networking websites in general. I often thought about who and what I was and still am and will be, and how and why, and it has always lead to me to question and wonder why I ever bothered to join any to start with. Unfortunately, it took me so many years of absolute ignorance and foolishness on my part for me to come to that final conclusion.

*I know that this is a bit personal, but I'm also trying to get my point across without saying too much by keeping it as light and general as possible, as I've tried to abstain from getting into personal matters online these days. And well, I thought it's on topic anyway, since this thread is about doing stupid things, and for a post like this, I'd have to make this unavoidable exception.*

Please don't get me wrong though, as I still like and enjoy both types of websites on some levels, as they certainly provide a wealth of information and entertainment. I would even venture to admit that I even love some of them a lot more than others, but hindsight after learning more and more about socializing has helped me gain a much further and deeper understanding as to why one would completely avoid both types of websites even if they might be heavily based/invested on interests and subjects that they might happen to love. If I knew then what I know now, I probably wouldn't have joined any either, or would've at the very least, stayed on the sidelines most of the time if/when I did. In many ways, this makes me thankful to not have grown up with them. I just know that it wouldn't have gone well for me at all.

*I didn't really get into the Internet back then, and actually didn't have it for quite a while growing up. I only got seriously involved with social media since 2002, and only got seriously involved with forums since 2004. What also prompted me to think about this was me imagining what it would have been like for me to have grown up with the existence of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.*

In short: So in spite of immersing myself in forums and social media while actually enjoying them, it's still sometimes really as if I was actually never ever meant to be on them at all.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-19-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    And, in turn, met me.