Page 185 of 263 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I emailed a person on craigslist about an item he's selling yesterday. Took almost 12 hours to get back to me and the response was, "Sorry, I'm not available until Sunday afternoon." Then why the fuck did you post this item on Thursday morning? Why not wait until Sunday morning when you know you'll be available? FFS.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Probably not gonna see Muse tonight because of local roads being flooded so won't be able to get to my bus to the show. Ugh.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    This dude on Ebay was going to send me a piece of musical equipment (that qy70 i've been waiting for @Jinsai .)
    Anyway, so i won the auction and sent him the 120$ or whatever it was and he NEVER PICKED IT UP.
    Furthermore he NEVER SENT THE SEQUENCER.
    I kept fucking emailing him asking what had happened but he never answered me.
    All i could figure was that life must have intervened somehow: something must have happened to this dude that rendered him incapable of handling fairly simple business.
    I sent him messages like "say man, if you aren't gonna send me the QY, i'm gonna have to make it where you can't pick up the money!" (which i ultimately had to do)
    i never heard from him. honestly i hope he's ok.

It sucks because these sequencers are rare and are the core of my "sound" to the extent that i am a musician, and i've moved from an arc of the spiral in which there was, how you say, feast, into an arc of the spiral in which there is famine.

So i can't afford another one at this point. i wish it hadn't gone down like this
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-27-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I never did like blues music. Most of my enemies in life have been fans of it. I never cared for jazz either. I can listen to most other genres though, including rap and country.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I never did like blues music. Most of my enemies in life have been fans of it. I never cared for jazz either. I can listen to most other genres though, including rap and country.
    When you use words like "enemies" to describe other people in real life...maybe it's not them who are hostile.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    heartburn.

i have severe acid reflux/gerd, compacted with esophageal ulcers. i take prilosec (generic prescription) twice a day, but it doesn't always work. i haven't slept a full night without a flare waking me up in weeks. i know it's because i'm overweight and a fool for things like sriracha. it's fucking torturous and i have zero discipline.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I am never getting a cat because I don't wanna be a stereotype. Women on the Internet who are obsessed with cats or name themselves after a cat are usually spinsters. I like dogs better.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I am never getting a cat because I don't wanna be a stereotype. Women on the Internet who are obsessed with cats or name themselves after a cat are usually spinsters. I like dogs better.
    from your posts, it seems you have a lot of pent-up anger and frustration about a lot of things and i feel like you need to find a good outlet for it.

there's nothing wrong with being a spinster or just being a woman with a cat. one of my best friends just FINALLY got a cat (she lost her boyfriend to cancer last year) and it has brought such joy into her life.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah Boots, sounds like you need a cat. Get three if one doesn't make you happy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Outlook, and by extension our IT people. The program gets an update and now it's asking for my Outlook password. Uh...we don't use passwords. But if you hit cancel three times (seriously, three. times.) then it works. Magic!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I have three cats and I've been with my husband for 21 years and he loves the cats, too. They're OUR cats. I've had cats since the time I was born. I know a lot of single men with a cat or cats. Cats are low-maintenance. They fit into certain lifestyles better, like if you travel. Many people just LIKE cats for no other reason. The owner of ETS and his wife have several cats. There are an estimated 95.6 million pet cats in the United States.

The vast majority of Boots' posts contain logical leaps that are like a closeted version of Jack Handey.

Btw, even Law has not used "spinster" for over 25 years. It's a tired, derogatory, offensive term.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-29-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Cats are awesome. If i could have one where i live i would! Fucking rented property.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    The thing that pisses me off the most is ME. I fucked off my education and now I am, well, uneducated. And I'm not currently in a position to go back to school.
    I have a dear, dear friend whose mantra is "no whining" and she is helping me as best she can, but still, I think about this shit pretty regularly. And I WAS struggling with untreated bipolar disorder and severe alcoholism when I fucked up. But yeah, I dropped most or all of my classes at the community college FIVE FUCKING TIMES.
    I'm trying to get over it. Also, I'm not leaving this world without a degree; I don't care if I get it when I'm seventy years old.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    The thing that pisses me off the most is ME. I fucked off my education and now I am, well, uneducated. And I'm not currently in a position to go back to school.
    I have a dear, dear friend whose mantra is "no whining" and she is helping me as best she can, but still, I think about this shit pretty regularly. And I WAS struggling with untreated bipolar disorder and severe alcoholism when I fucked up. But yeah, I dropped most or all of my classes at the community college FIVE FUCKING TIMES.
    I'm trying to get over it. Also, I'm not leaving this world without a degree; I don't care if I get it when I'm seventy years old.
    there's always online universities, too

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    One word...Umbrellas! Freaking pointless wastes of space! You spend more time fighting the wind then keeping you dry, and even then it's just your head, just were a hood.

And don't even get me started on Golf Umbrellas, where do people use them in city centers, STOP IT!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I'll be 33 when I finally finish my undergrad in the spring.
    I got my B.A. at FORTY SEVEN.

I was in Grad school with a guy who was EIGHTY TWO and got his Masters.

In other words, it's never too late; better late than never; each of us has different life circumstances, but don't give up the dream.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The smoothie king smoothie that I had been drinking 2 or 3 times a week (a large strawberry peanut power plus at 1300 calories) has 188 grams of sugar in it. That’s only 30 grams less than a 2 liter of coke. I JUST FOUND THIS OUT. No wonder my acne has been slowly peeking it’s head back in, fuck that man.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I was 31 when I got my bachelors degree in behavioral science. It's never too late.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Why does Windows pull focus on programs? If I'm working in program X, program Y shouldn't be able to say, "Hey look at MEEEEE!!@!" while I'm typing. Wait your turn, dammit!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Why does Windows pull focus on programs? If I'm working in program X, program Y shouldn't be able to say, "Hey look at MEEEEE!!@!" while I'm typing. Wait your turn, dammit!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The smoothie king smoothie that I had been drinking 2 or 3 times a week (a large strawberry peanut power plus at 1300 calories) has 188 grams of sugar in it. That’s only 30 grams less than a 2 liter of coke. I JUST FOUND THIS OUT. No wonder my acne has been slowly peeking it’s head back in, fuck that man.
    a 1,300 calorie smoothie? are you trying to put on weight?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    a 1,300 calorie smoothie? are you trying to put on weight?
    Yeah, I don't eat much because i'm never hungry so it's difficult for me to maintain weight/muscle mass unless i'm paying strict attention. So drinking 1300 calories at the beginning of my day is a good way to jump start the day. Before I started doing any gym stuff I weighed 110 pounds at 5'10. I started eating 3500 calories a day and gained 70 pounds in 6 months so now i'm hovering at around 180ish.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Yeah, I don't eat much because i'm never hungry so it's difficult for me to maintain weight/muscle mass unless i'm paying strict attention. So drinking 1300 calories at the beginning of my day is a good way to jump start the day. Before I started doing any gym stuff I weighed 110 pounds at 5'10. I started eating 3500 calories a day and gained 70 pounds in 6 months so now i'm hovering at around 180ish.
    ahh. congrats on the results, then. i weighed 160 (at 6'3") from age 15 to 29, couldn't lose or gain a pound to save my life. my doctors would recommend drinking ensure or several servings of carnation instant breakfast a day, never changed a thing. then i turned 30 and my metabolism was like "later, bitch!".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was interested in someone for about a month, but he kept on flirting with other girls so I lost interest in him.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    seems like amazon.ca doesn't allow you to add family members to your Prime account. what the fuck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    seems like amazon.ca doesn't allow you to add family members to your Prime account. what the fuck.
    YOU'RE LIVING IN CANADA, NOW????? Wow, you said you had moved but I didn't realize TO MONTREAL! Congrats!!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    The congrats should go to my wife who is the one who got the job that got us out of the Midwest!

The US sorta slammed the door behind us on the way out, and unentangling our visa situation in order to get back to visit friends and family is proving to be no joke: we now have an attorney on the ca$e.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    The US sorta slammed the door behind us on the way out, and unentangling our visa situation in order to get back to visit friends and family is proving to be no joke: we now have an attorney on the ca$e.
    Ugh, that sucks. Guess they have to visit YOU and go skiing at Mont Tremblat or something. :-)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I think the roommate got a bit salty when i said i didn't want the use the vacuum before he ran it upstairs, then he asked me if knew where it was, like i don't clean my shit ever. I mean i just woke up like 20 mins before and was sitting down to eat. I hadn't been up for hours and had a pot coffee in me. He's not a bad dude but he is a bit of curmudgeon at times, it was like i missed some memo about cleaning day or something.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I think the roommate got a bit salty when i said i didn't want the use the vacuum before he ran it upstairs, then he asked me if knew where it was, like i don't clean my shit ever. I mean i just woke up like 20 mins before and was sitting down to eat. I hadn't been up for hours and had a pot coffee in me. He's not a bad dude but he is a bit of curmudgeon at times, it was like i missed some memo about cleaning day or something.
    It could be worse, an old house mate of mine used to check under the sofa's and behind/under furniture to check we'd cleaned to his high standards...and he was a real dick about it.

This is also the same guy that when drunk could no longer find the bathroom and would piss wherever he was...the bathroom was, and i'm not joking here, 2 feet in front of his room. In between was the washing basket, which he pissed in multiple times. I don't regret moving out.