Page 111 of 123 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I just ordered the vinyl about a week ago. Haven't gotten a shipping notification or anything but I'm seeing "FULFILLMENT STATUS: FULFILLED" on the NIN website. Any idea when I can expect to receive it? Anybody else order it more recently like I did?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    amazon lists NTAE as September 1 release date as an "import"...already getting notifications it wont be delivered til the 15th....still question if this is legit considering TR has said nothing about a NTAE CD release

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    Just how much of that dust is inside the record?
    I haven't taken a super close examination of mine yet, but the dust on the outside was quite minimal on mine - judging from some pictures online, it's likely that there may be varying amounts depending on chance. Both the inner cardboard art/lyric sleeve and the very nice quality plastic/paper plain sleeve seemed more-or-less completely free of the dust on my copy. As always, running a record cleaner over your discs before playing is a good idea regardless.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I would guess that whatever process they're using to add fingerprints or dust on the cover is separate from the records. The records are likely already in their inner sleeves somewhere else, and just put into the sleeves along with the insert. My copy had some minimal dust on the cover, but both the insert and the white inner record sleeve were spotless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    Just how much of that dust is inside the record?
    Minimal but noticable. The actual cover/outer sleeve's card stock is a more natural paper. Not glossy at all. The ink seems rougher and it's got soot smeared all over. Packaging plastic had a small amount built up sitting at bottom.

I have a big red spot, like blood, on back right on on top of burning bright.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Minimal but noticable. The actual cover/outer sleeve's card stock is a more natural paper. Not glossy at all. The ink seems rougher and it's got soot smeared all over. Packaging plastic had a small amount built up sitting at bottom.

I have a big red spot, like blood, on back right on on top of burning bright.
    My vinyl was waiting on my doorstep today! It's a good-looking package. It's funny, I accidentally put fingerprints on my physical component in a way I've never liked, and then I find the record has them right on the front! So it all works out.

Mine also has the spot of red/blood. My inner sleeve is hot red/pink with the blue writing.

I'm so pumped to have this release on vinyl, that all my woe over the delays has vanished. Just fantastic.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I want to thank them for the vinyl I received. I think their records have been lost. I may be wrong, but considering I was saving money for the medical stuff I knew was coming my way in the next year, I don't think I ordered it with Deviations. I could be wrong. There's a lot of stuff I'd have to go through to see, and I'm definitely not complaining. I'm happy it is here. I love vinyl. I think this just adds more evidence to something with their files being completely destroyed between the two companies.

*edited to say, listening to the b-side and wondering if going backwards with it, and adjusting memories in the NTAE songs is some kind of ritual-like way to try to undo the damage and go back to a state of the self before all of that happened? But it isn't finished yet. There is this link in my head between the 52 repetitions at the end of The Background World with recording TDS in reverse. A sense of rewinding.
    Last edited by mostlymad; 08-22-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is someone here who ordered NTAE vinyl now / short time ago? I mean... Everywhere I see that people ordered it in december and recieved it now - after so long time. I would like to order that but I don't want to wait over 6 months...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karmachiale View Post
    Is someone here who ordered NTAE vinyl now / short time ago? I mean... Everywhere I see that people ordered it in december and recieved it now - after so long time. I would like to order that but I don't want to wait over 6 months...
    Actually it seems a larger percentage of recent purchases got their vinyl before those who preordered in December.

Either way, you won't have to wait that long if you place an order now. The long wait was only because people preordered in December and there were delays in the creation of the vinyl edition of the album. The album is released now, so you shouldn't expect any significant delays.

Then again, the distributor, Sandbag UK, seems to have found every chance to prove their incompetence in the matter, so who knows. It's kind of a crap shoot, some people have no problems, others get damaged goods and poor customer service...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Actually it seems a larger percentage of recent purchases got their vinyl before those who preordered in December.

Either way, you won't have to wait that long if you place an order now. The long wait was only because people preordered in December and there were delays in the creation of the vinyl edition of the album. The album is released now, so you shouldn't expect any significant delays.

Then again, the distributor, Sandbag UK, seems to have found every chance to prove their incompetence in the matter, so who knows. It's kind of a crap shoot, some people have no problems, others get damaged goods and poor customer service...

Ok, I am not gonna wait than.
    Thank you for reply.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just received my copy today. Spoiler: I don't have any dust coming off of mine. Looks more like it's a part of the artwork. I've brushed my hands over the cover several times, and they picked up nothing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Guys. Spoiler: Anyone got on red spots looking like... blood? Also, my black dust is legit, it rubs off and it stuck on the sleeve as well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Guys. Spoiler: Anyone got on red spots looking like... blood? Also, my black dust is legit, it rubs off and it stuck on the sleeve as well.
    Yeah I've got that too (the first part not the second)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On my copy Spoiler: the dust has a full handprint!
    Last edited by tucker973; 08-23-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just received my NTAE 12", have yet to open, but what I notice while still sealed is that there is virtually zero black dust or heavy fingerprints on the cover, and none in the plastic either. Everything on the cover appears to be printed, and that's it. Then I look in the end and notice that the inside of the cover is completely black. (This may have been mentioned before.) but is that inside black perhaps a layer of the black pigment that becomes the loose dust as the record/sleeve is handled?

As an aside, I can see my inner sleeve is red with blue text, not blue with red text like the other that I've seen. How many different inner sleeves have been seen thus far?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    Just received my NTAE 12", have yet to open, but what I notice while still sealed is that there is virtually zero black dust or heavy fingerprints on the cover, and none in the plastic either. Everything on the cover appears to be printed, and that's it. Then I look in the end and notice that the inside of the cover is completely black. (This may have been mentioned before.) but is that inside black perhaps a layer of the black pigment that becomes the loose dust as the record/sleeve is handled?
    The amount of dust seems pretty variable, just like it was with the original NTAE release. Mine had only a very slight amount, I've seen pictures from folks who had a pretty fair amount (enough to smudge fingers and leave some residue at the bottom of the bag), and folks like you who hardly had any at all. The inside of the sleeve definitely isn't the dust - it seems pretty well contained to the outside. The chances of the vinyl itself getting contaminated by the stuff isn't super high (though I'd recommend anyone playing it give it a good cleaning w/ your favorite vinyl cleaner anyway).

As an aside, I can see my inner sleeve is red with blue text, not blue with red text like the other that I've seen. How many different inner sleeves have been seen thus far?
    So far I think we've only seen the two - there's pics of both at its discogs.com entry: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...mages/29818860

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

well I received a copy of the 12" today, surprisingly, I never ordered it lol.
    my wife did, without me knowing, I've not opened it yet, but mine too has the red spot upon the back I'll probably open it tomorrow

oh mine came undamaged

edit: and the grubby stuff on the sleeve too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 08-25-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Received my ntae vinyl today: ordered via US NIN.com; got it from a german distribution-centre. Just like my earlier US orders.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Loving the hidden text on the inner sleeve. Lots of things there I don't hear on the ep.

"I'm the one with his head sewn shut"

"I'm rotting she feels black hoods. fumes slut I despise all over me"

"It's getting hard to know which side is the dream"

And of course, "cocksucking chicken wing"

I didn't open my physical component so no idea if thats where this stuff originates. Good shit guys.
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 08-24-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    "cocksucking chicken wing"
    Killer Joe!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The CD disappeared on amazon.ca

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    The CD disappeared on amazon.ca
    My order is still in place on Amazon US—It's set for delivery next Friday, but I do wonder if it will actually show up.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In Amazon they got the CD in their page there's no price available and it has the 1st of september date but it's weird to me that i can't preorder.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah I got that first part too. Was wondering if it was on every copy. Interesting little addition to the packaging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not sure if this has been mentioned before (i haven't been following this thread). My vinyl copy arrived today and looking at the lyrics sleeve, there appears to be2 print layers to it. The first visible and there is a second set of lyrics perpendicular to the printed ones, embossed onto the surface of the sleeve. Apologies if I have spoilt the surprise.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Nice! Variations all around. Wonder if it's just the two this time... Perhaps I'll have to update my NTAE variant index with these.

It looks like discogs has pictures of your variant now, btw.
    Oh Jesus fuck not again...

After waiting the length of time a child gestates, I finally received the NTAE vinyl. And fuck me if it wasn't worth the wait. Do I WANT to wait another three trimesters for the Add Violence vinyl, no, but if the packaging is going to be as elaborate and deep as NTAE...I'd consider it. A shame we'll probably have to order it from goddamn Sandbad though.

Those extra B/B lyrics are...tough.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Does anybody here know how to read Braille? I'm pretty sure there is some on the lyric sheet for the vinyl release, near the embossed string of broken words and the "YES, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ASLEEP" emboss, but I don't know if it actually is or not.

Someone with the red sheet with blue text and the blue sheet with red text needs to take some HQ scans/pictures so we can see if there are any differences here, it feels made to be dissected and that gigantic string of extra Branches/Bones lyrics give some context to the weirder lines on it.
    @teitan thank you for your best work as NIN in 20 years. Burning Bright is unlike anything else in the world. All of this reminds me of how I felt when I was dissecting and obsessing over The Downward Spiral when I was 14, and it so good for a modern release to give me that same obsessive feeling.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Exposed my sleeve (blue text on red background) to heat, direct sunlight, cold, and blacklight. The only way I'm able to read the "hidden" lyrics is to shine light off them at an angle. I thought they were glow in the dark for a moment, but apparently not.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Does anybody here know how to read Braille? I'm pretty sure there is some on the lyric sheet for the vinyl release, near the embossed string of broken words and the "YES, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ASLEEP" emboss, but I don't know if it actually is or not.

Someone with the red sheet with blue text and the blue sheet with red text needs to take some HQ scans/pictures so we can see if there are any differences here, it feels made to be dissected and that gigantic string of extra Branches/Bones lyrics give some context to the weirder lines on it.
    @teitan thank you for your best work as NIN in 20 years. Burning Bright is unlike anything else in the world. All of this reminds me of how I felt when I was dissecting and obsessing over The Downward Spiral when I was 14, and it so good for a modern release to give me that same obsessive feeling.
    Added scans of blue on red sleeve. Full album here.

Also, I can't tell exactly, but I think the "hidden" text mirrors the layout of the text on the other version. Dig? So the "hidden" text on the blue background is the placement of the "real" text on the red background and vice versa.

Last edited by paul_guyet; 08-27-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone in case this really hasn't been discussed yet, but has anyone else played side B of there vinyl yet? that's crazy!

ok I see now that it was discussed a few pages back. Makes me wonder what might be on side B of Add Violence and the next EP
    Last edited by becomingtom; 08-27-2017 at 02:48 PM.