Page 204 of 263 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,120 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my job is killing me. i'm so exhausted all the time. i've taken a sick day every week since i started. going from averaging 6-10 hours/week with my dad for almost a year to working 30+ hours/week with no transitional period (while also dealing with crushing depression, insomnia, and such high anxiety that i can barely eat) is destroying me, and i'm afraid i'm going to lose this job.
    I feel for ya, man. I'm in a similar place with MY job (as I'm sure I've made apparent in this thread, heh) and for reason after reason, I get closer and closer every day to just up and leaving. I don't think I ever would, but every day has something new to nudge me. I recently had a talk with my parents and they agree - I need an out. This job has beaten my mental health to a pulp, I'm always anxious, always angry, always cynical. I used to be the kind of person who was never, EVER, angry. And if I was a certainly wouldn't show it. But anymore I give so few fucks that I have to hold myself back a little bit before I either do/say something brash, haha. Then I come home and don't want to do anything because I am just fucking exhausted and frustrated. I don't have the energy to put into myself anymore.

Yesterday, a resident informed us that "she had a small leak under her dishwasher last night, but didn't want to call after hours and bother us about it" - which is great, if you're going to turn off the water supply that it's coming from and clean up the water. But when you just SAY NOTHING and then let it drip...drip...and drip...suddenly, I have to deal with an entirely flooded kitchen and half the living room.

She put down 40 fucking potty pads for DOGS on the floor and just left them there. Saturated with water. Just sitting for 12 hours. And now not only is her stuff damaged and her carpet/tile just PACKED with water underneath, but we have to run dehumidifiers and fans for the whole weekend and check it 2-3 times a day to make sure she's emptying the tank for the dehumidifier like she's supposed to. All because you didn't want to make a phone call, lady. So helpful.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Yeah @ImTheWiseJanitor , this job seems to have been fucking you up for a hot minute.
    @eversonpoe I hope you get through this, but maybe it isn't right for you? Idk. I've had jobs that I was excited about that I wound up just not being able to handle.
    Like switching from doing 8 hour evening shifts as a CNA/caregiver at a nursing home to 12s at a critical wound care/respiratory hospital- that shit was just NOT for me. The pay was better but good god, it was SO much harder and, add an hour to the 12 for charting and an hour each way for the bus ride and it wound up being fucking 15 total. It became my whole life. I hated it so much that it ultimately ended my career in healthcare.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-22-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah @ImTheWiseJanitor , this job seems to have been fucking you up for a hot minute.
    @eversonpoe I hope you get through this, but maybe it isn't right for you? Idk. I've had jobs that I was excited about that I wound up just not being able to handle.
    Like switching from doing 8 hour evening shifts as a CNA/caregiver at a nursing home to 12s at a critical wound care/respiratory hospital- that shit was just NOT for me. The pay was better but good god, it was SO much harder and, add an hour to the 12 for charting and an hour each way for the bus ride and it wound up being fucking 15 total. It became my whole life. I hated it so much that it ultimately ended my career in healthcare.
    it's frustrating because i like the actual work, and i'm really good at my job (since i've basically been doing this sort of stuff my whole life), it's just the hours that are destroying me.

i have a meeting with the VP on monday to talk about how i'm settling in to the job and i'm going to see if he's receptive to having me just work four days a week instead of five. idunno.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    it's frustrating because i like the actual work, and i'm really good at my job (since i've basically been doing this sort of stuff my whole life), it's just the hours that are destroying me.

i have a meeting with the VP on monday to talk about how i'm settling in to the job and i'm going to see if he's receptive to having me just work four days a week instead of five. idunno.
    man I'm sure they will be down for that if it's at all possible as you obviously know what you're doing. I remember how excited you were about this so I hope it works out.

When I got that hospital job, I also signed up to do SEVEN of those 12-13 hour days on, seven off.
    I got so fucking stressed, I wound up drinking too much one night and came in still smelling like liquor.
    And these people like BLACKLISTED me. I didn't think something like that could actually happen, but I couldn't get a healthcare job in dallas anywhere after that, and I had five years experience at the time. Plus they were going to pay for me to go to nursing school.
    Ugh.
    THAT shit pissed me off a LOT.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-22-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Having to wake up early on weekends and vacations.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Procrastination biting me in the butt again. Just now getting to something I should have started months ago and realizing I'm out of time. Also dreading the harsh judgement I'm going to get for what I have to do to fix the situation.

That being said, anyone in the UK looking to adopt a pet snake that cant be brought back to the US with me??

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    losing a friend to heroin overdose

sucks even after many years have passed

will always miss you JF

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Having to wake up early on weekends and vacations.
    The worst. Every couple of weekends, I try to go home to see my family. Normally I wait to leave until sometime Saturday morning so I can just get off work Friday and get a full night of sleep and do the things I wanna get done after a long-ass work week.

My parents and sister, however, think they need to call and text me multiple times at the ass-crack of dawn (well, 9 am on a SATURDAY) and ask where I am and when I'll be there and how long it's gonna take and if I'm gonna eat there and it's just like...guys. It's 9:45 on a Saturday morning. I've had time to walk my dog and have a glass of water. Give a dude a second to have breakfast and get cleaned up before he has to drive for 3 hours, please. ^^' Love 'em all, but damn.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    losing a friend to heroin overdose

sucks even after many years have passed

will always miss you JF
    yeah I've lost like SIX now to opiate related bullshit (and I don't know why I'm alive) Not trying to one up you but I DAMN sure feel you.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    there are so many food network hosts who deserve to be drug through the mud. the pioneer woman and her impossibly perfect children (thanks to home tutors, none of them have friends outside of family), ina garten's east hamptons dinners, but what gets me the most is 'hungry girl's' so-called recipes. a whole wheat tortilla with sugar-free ketchup does not a pizza make. and if you're counting calories down to individual popcorn kernels, go fuck yourself.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    there are so many food network hosts who deserve to be drug through the mud. the pioneer woman and her impossibly perfect children (thanks to home tutors, none of them have friends outside of family), ina garten's east hamptons dinners, but what gets me the most is 'hungry girl's' so-called recipes. a whole wheat tortilla with sugar-free ketchup does not a pizza make. and if you're counting calories down to individual popcorn kernels, go fuck yourself.
    sarah and i watch food network shows a lot, but god i fucking hate pioneer woman. she is the worst. we unabashedly love guy fieri, though. he's fun and funny and is actually a really nice guy in real life so we don't feel bad about it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Apparently I'm "not allowed to walk my dog" in the grass area next to the nursing home that is IMMEDIATELY next to my apartment complex because "I'm scaring the other residents when they see me."

First of all, I'm a 5'11", 170 pound dude that hasn't come closer than 30 feet to your building. Any of your elderly residents I've bumped into while walking him have all enjoyed my dog's company, never once having a complaint or an incident occur. I'm nice to everyone and smile when I say hello to them. I don't care if you have an unfounded and irrational "fear" of me walking...through...grass...in a wide open, non-fenced off area. I am doing nothing wrong, and if I need to leave, have the staff tell me that, or post a sign saying so. Not you, woman who is walking her dogs with no leash. MY dog isn't the reason YOUR dog made it all the way over to sniff mine. That's on you. Get a fucking leash. Like I did.

Second, I'm going to cut through that space as much as I damn well please if it means I can get home sooner in a pinch. I would have to walk around two buildings to get to my apartment via the sidewalk if I go the other way. If I gotta cut through, I'm gonna cut through. It's wide open space, and as a human being, you can't stop me from walking through it.

Third, not ONLY do I pick up every ounce of my dog's shit in your grass, but I also steer him away from all of your gardens and flowers because those are things I see people tend to literally every day. I even walk him away from stuff that you people just LEAVE SITTING OUT IN THE OPEN because I'm gonna be responsible for any damage he may cause if he finds a dog toy out there. Be lucky I'm not in the market for a new grill or a trailer or any of that, because I'd be hitting the jackpot.

Tresspassing? Maybe. I'll admit to that. But if you really don't want people to walk through your grass when they're doing nothing and causing absolutely NO harm, get a fence. I live next door. It's convenient for me. We are hurting no one. Chill the fuck out.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    This is a big thing.
    My wife and mom just got into it.
    My wife (who is not herself because she is on steroids) slapped my mom.
    My mom told my brother, who, from denver, called the cops.

My wife will be thrown out (after likely going to jail.)

I don't have a way to follow her because I am disabled.

This is probably the end of my marriage.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This is a big thing.
    My wife and mom just got into it.
    My wife (who is not herself because she is on steroids) slapped my mom.
    My mom told my brother, who, from denver, called the cops.

My wife will be thrown out (after likely going to jail.)

I don't have a way to follow her because I am disabled.

This is probably the end of my marriage.
    Holy shit. That’s awful. I’m so sorry.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I give up.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I give up.
    She slapped your mother. I think that's it. Sorry that it happened and I feel bad you had to deal with that kind of shit.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    She slapped your mother. I think that's it. Sorry that it happened and I feel bad you had to deal with that kind of shit.
    We've been getting along REALLY well too, the three of us. This incident was shocking.

Edit: they worked things out. But jesus, this whole thing has really frightened me in that it woke me up to the grim reality that I can't leave here since I broke my back. It's not a very good feeling. Like, because of disability, I'm here until I inherit the place. And then, well, I'm probably here after that.
    I'm here forever :/
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-28-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I care about how many steps one took that day about as much as I care about their fantasy football team.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    My relatives are a bunch of inconsiderate, entitled, backstabbing bunch of assholes. My sister came to the house today where she and my parents talked about these series of texts and such about the purchase for my grandmother's hearing aid and it all went to shit like I knew it would. Right now, they're all feuding with one another and they all want this and that and this and that. I haven't spoken to them in years and I prefer to keep it that way. Yet, if they start to get me involved with their bullshit and I'm being serious about this. They'll have to get some kind of security or something because I will go into their house and destroy everything and make sure they end up with nothing. It's bad enough already that I'm still paying off a medical bill debt as I'm not sure how much I've covered that debt. Yet, they were the reason for all of bullshit they had with my grandmother coming to visit everyone and live at everyone's house with all of the relatives crowding up at my place that made me stay at a mental hospital for a few days.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    My relatives are a bunch of inconsiderate, entitled, backstabbing bunch of assholes. My sister came to the house today where she and my parents talked about these series of texts and such about the purchase for my grandmother's hearing aid and it all went to shit like I knew it would. Right now, they're all feuding with one another and they all want this and that and this and that. I haven't spoken to them in years and I prefer to keep it that way. Yet, if they start to get me involved with their bullshit and I'm being serious about this. They'll have to get some kind of security or something because I will go into their house and destroy everything and make sure they end up with nothing. It's bad enough already that I'm still paying off a medical bill debt as I'm not sure how much I've covered that debt. Yet, they were the reason for all of bullshit they had with my grandmother coming to visit everyone and live at everyone's house with all of the relatives crowding up at my place that made me stay at a mental hospital for a few days.
    :: hug ::

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Family can be...damaging. I think the notion that we have to put up with family simply because they’re family is preposterous. It is ok to distance oneself from any toxic and abusive family members. For one’s own health.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I care about how many steps one took that day about as much as I care about their fantasy football team.
    I get that, but let me tell about the steal I got in the fifth...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Family can be...damaging. I think the notion that we have to put up with family simply because they’re family is preposterous. It is ok to distance oneself from any toxic and abusive family members. For one’s own health.
    I have cut an entire side of my family out of my life because of the behavior of a single person. Unfortunately that person was my father, but a toxic person is a toxic person.

ETA: Sorry for the double-post.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    let me tell about the steal I got in the fifth...
    Go on, I’m (not) listening...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    :: hug ::
    Thank you. It's nice to know there's some decent people in here.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Hence why I pretty much don't talk to two of my brothers.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Long crossword puzzles, like the ones you find in newspapers and what not. I can only figure out maybe 5-10 total. I’m impressed by people that can finish them these days without resorting to google. Not sure how people can do these.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Sometimes you just need to put some distance between yourself and your family. I don’t speak to mine a lot (other than my mom). And sometimes you have to go a more aggressive route and cut them out of your life. Maybe they come around in time, maybe they won’t.
    You have to take care of yourself. It’s not healthy for you to get so angry that you’ll do something you’d regret (legally).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I've been inspecting apartments all morning. I'm tired. It's 100 degrees outside. And while it's an extremely kind gesture to order pizza so that we have lunch provided for us...

...If you're going to tell me "I'm not allowed to eat it until we take pictures of it," I'm GOING to leave and go get my own food at my own apartment.

Fuck off with that shit. No one gives a shit about the pizza, and if they're upset because a slice is gone, then they need to reexamine the things they get upset over. We're not allowed to eat the food we bought specifically for US to eat, so maybe you'd like to eat my ass instead? *shrug*

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I've been inspecting apartments all morning. I'm tired. It's 100 degrees outside. And while it's an extremely kind gesture to order pizza so that we have lunch provided for us...

...If you're going to tell me "I'm not allowed to eat it until we take pictures of it," I'm GOING to leave and go get my own food at my own apartment.

Fuck off with that shit. No one gives a shit about the pizza, and if they're upset because a slice is gone, then they need to reexamine the things they get upset over. We're not allowed to eat the food we bought specifically for US to eat, so maybe you'd like to eat my ass instead? *shrug*
    Oh jesus dude. Pictures? Hahahaha. I'm sorry.