Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I am confused about online socializing

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Where is this board? It's hard for me to find. It's driving me out of my mind..
    It's over in the Grand Theft Auto boards.

Last edited by allegro; 01-05-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It's over in the Grand Theft Auto boards.

I heard no one there is who they say they are either. I trust those boards even less than I trust a big butt and a smile.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    It's unfortunate my heroism will go unnoticed thanks to the narrative particular staff members seem to be pushing. But you're all welcome in any case.
    Shit, while we're on the topic of internet heroism, I might as well get my cut of that pie as well..

I'll have it be known that I'M the one who outed MSG Kraw in the first place. Dude has been a member here since ETS went live again five years back, and that whole time his profile only had 1 view (me).

Once I pointed it out last week in the NIN-spotting thread, everyone else started jumping on my Kraw-spotting bandwagon and began scoping his profile, too. Then I would imagine a few PMs were sent to draw the wolf out of his lair, and voila...the supposed new art director is now an active member on ETS.

So yea, you're all welcome. It's important I'm recognized for the narrative *I* pushed that got this whole stone rolling in the first place..

[/sarcasm]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    For years I have been a superhero and nobody was the wiser I would put on a pair of glasses and nobody could tell it was me. With everybody's identities being exposed my secret life as a crime fighter is in jeopardy. So I would just like to announce to ETS that I am Weedman, I fight crime and then I get everybody high, please keep my secret identity within the confines of ETS.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    At first, I thought this was getting funny. Then it took a turn where it appeared that this person really didn't understand any humorous aspects at all (or didn't understand to just chill out) or the "inside joke" aspects, and is really paranoid. And maybe has some other, um, "problems." And his join date says 2013, so he's not a newbie? He's been posting here for 3 years.

And now it has a "piling on" potential and, I dunno, this is like poking at that Nancy J chick [hint: another inside joke meaning "don't poke fun at certain, um, disadvantaged people"]

Personally, I'm still scratching my head over why anybody would be on a Guns n Roses board in 2017; it's like being on a Skid Row board in 2017. And, yeah, the GnR boards, I've never ever been on one (nor am I vaguely curious) but from the people who have drifted over here from GnR boards, GnR seems to attract people who make Axl Rose look sane (and, really, NIN does attract its share of the most batshit people on the planet).
    There's been a little bit of a pile-on happening here, but it's innocuous really compared to the way things used to go. I have no skin in that game though so I'll just stand about and project that my expression seems "dubious, curious, and ultimately whatever."

However, I am newly fascinated by the fact that there's active Guns and Roses boards. The whole thing there is weird to me... and it doesn't make much sense, kind of like how it was really cool to like GnR again when Slash rejoined. Suddenly, that was the hot ticket in town for fifteen minutes.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Josh Wink here, checking in.

'sup

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Josh Wink here, checking in.

'sup
    Can you release an acapela version of Black Bomb please.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    However, I am newly fascinated by the fact that there's active Guns and Roses boards. The whole thing there is weird to me... and it doesn't make much sense, kind of like how it was really cool to like GnR again when Slash rejoined. Suddenly, that was the hot ticket in town for fifteen minutes.
    I dunno, but I *do* remember *MADISON* because she started the "RANT ABOUT THE SPIRAL" thread and I think at some point TR came in there and told certain people to fuck off and he'd give them their money back, but she complained SO much she was Shit Listed.

But so was half the board at some point, so, yeah, shrug.

At that time, though, Robin had left GnR to join NIN and people had some bug up their ass about that, so we got this larger influx of GnR board people, remember that? It was really weird. Their levels of fandom is pretty high, and it's hard for me to take seriously, but hey, to each its own.

The best part was all the crazy Axl Rose photoshopping that was going on.

Meanwhile, Meathead started the "Perspiral."
    Last edited by allegro; 01-05-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Can you release an acapela version of Black Bomb please.
    He can't, Trent wrote it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    He can't, Trent wrote it.
    In that case I'll take an acapella recording of you doing the song.
    I'm sure you could do better than Trent.
    You just gotta make a video of it while dancing in your underwear; but you have to wear a bandana and a wig so you look like Axel Rose.
    It sure would make Ryan jealous.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 01-05-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've read everything in this thread and I still don't know who MSL is and why I should or should not care about them or what they did in a past life.

Google is not helping; it's telling me that MSL stands for Major Series Lacrosse which has me slightly worried since lacrosse is Canada's national sport and don't you dare mess with it!

I also have a suggestion for the owner of the board, whose name is Leviathant: we should be able to have "verified" account so this sort of confusion doesn't happen anymore. I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that I am indeed marodi and that I have insider information regarding all things otter related.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I've been too busy working on this really aggressive, inaccessible new EP. I think you guys'll really like it.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 01-05-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Probably beaten the joke into the ground long enough at this point I think

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

I also have a suggestion for the owner of the board, whose name is Leviathant: we should be able to have "verified" account so this sort of confusion doesn't happen anymore. I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that I am indeed marodi and that I have insider information regarding all things otter related.
    I miss that Vagisil guy. I wonder if he still lurks around

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Great idea. Unfortunately, I don't for a second believe that you're the real marodi. But that could be because of a recent head injury and sudden onset of eCapgras Syndrome. Still, I think you're all frauds. No number of otters will change that for me.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I also have a suggestion for the owner of the board, whose name is Leviathant:
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

we should be able to have "verified" account so this sort of confusion doesn't happen anymore.
    That sort of thing's kind of a tough call. On one hand, a 'verified' account would reduce posts like the one that caused me to split this thread out. On the other hand, if we have 'verified' accounts, it would probably result in even more garbage being directed at those people, further discouraging interaction.

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that I am indeed marodi and that I have insider information regarding all things otter related.
    Yeah but who were you on gnr4everforums.net? I'm pretty sure I know who you are, we've talked before over there, and I know what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work buddy

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I've been too busy working on this really aggressive, inaccessible new EP. I think you guys'll really like it.
    Best moment of my day. Thank you. I'd Quote of the Day this, but it really needs all the context provided by this thread.

Also, you just totally made me look like a prick. I started laughing hysterically at this right when the guy in the cube from me came back to clear out his desk after getting sacked. And I'm new enough that I'm still shy enough that people might just think I'm a mute jerk. Except, evidently, when I laugh in the face of their incipient unemployment. Whoops.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, Meathead started the "Perspiral."
    One of my all-time favorite MP updates, this.

"All Perspiral members can expect to receive access to exclusive advance Meathead Perspective updates, exclusive webcasts of Meathead trimming his toenails and playing Minesweeper, exclusive access to Meathead's crappy message board, and an exclusive chat room where you can sit and wait for Meathead to come in and talk to you (he won't)."

I just laughed like it was 2005 all over again. That dude needs to make a comeback, and how..

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    I just laughed like it was 2005 all over again. That dude needs to make a comeback, and how..
    I miss him so much. Every time I hear "Every Day Is Exactly the Same," I still laugh and think about porpoises. Motherfucker forever tainted that song for me.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I miss him so much. Every time I hear "Every Day Is Exactly the Same," I still laugh and think about porpoises. Motherfucker forever tainted that song for me.
    Those "fun books" he would make for the corresponding tours in 2008-09...shit was ingenious. No sane person comes up with stuff like that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    That sort of thing's kind of a tough call. On one hand, a 'verified' account would reduce posts like the one that caused me to split this thread out. On the other hand, if we have 'verified' accounts, it would probably result in even more garbage being directed at those people, further discouraging interaction.
    There's a freedom associated with not having verified accounts. I'm sure there's a number of things that have been posted that would have never in any official capacity

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    There's a freedom associated with not having verified accounts. I'm sure there's a number of things that have been posted that would have never in any official capacity
    And reason to not having their names here being their actual names, unlike on The Spiral.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I miss that Vagisil guy. I wonder if he still lurks around
    Yeah, he was such a baby around LOUD NOISE.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow what the funky fresh did I just read? I'm physically tired after having read all of that. Wow.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    Wow what the funky fresh did I just read? I'm physically tired after having read all of that. Wow.
    Here's some Funky Fresh music to refresh your weary body.

That was the first song to pop up in a google search.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Where is this board? It's hard for me to find. It's driving me out of my mind..
    that's why it's hard for you to find

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've read everything in this thread and I still don't know who MSL is...
    Monica Samille Lewinsky? That's my guess. I asked yesterday but never got an answer either. I sad.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Monica Samille Lewinsky? That's my guess. I asked yesterday but never got an answer either. I sad.
    I believe that other guy said it's this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Saint_Laurent

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    I believe that other guy said it's this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Saint_Laurent
    You know, I read that entry, and was like "How did ETS suddenly end up embroiled in a web of international intrigue revolving around the grandson of the former Prime Minister of Canada, who eventually became a pro-wrestler dabbling in musico-industrial espionage?" If you gave me that elevator pitch for an episode of fucking "Family Guy," I'd be like, "Dude, that show was always intentionally weird, but this is getting goddamned ridiculous."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    TIL that the dude responsible for leaking Chinese Democracy may have edited the Nine Inch Nails Tension tour DVD that will likely never be released.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i am just like stupidly laughing at all this