Page 289 of 527 FirstFirst ... 189 239 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 339 389 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,670 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hey nineinchnerd, where you been? How about an update on your 2,000 person band performing 'Starfuckers' project to persuade Trent to play a concert in Alabama. It’s been almost a year, any progress on that?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    I certainly hope we're not going to start basing our opinion of the quality of NIN tracks (or, you know, music in general) by what gets played on the radio.
    That kind of gauge has only been irrelevant for what, 40 years now ?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Holy shit the NIN.com forums and IRC chat still work.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @Volband never in my life have I posted on here with some formula to get likes and you're taking the internet too seriously if you do.

I've mildly complained before about the Tension blu ray and still find that whole situation to be bullshit. If nothing new billed as NIN came out by the end of the year I'd be mildly disappointed by it. I'm highly lukewarm towards How to Destroy Angels and rarely listen to the film scores outside of the same handful of songs. But I don't run around acting like an asshole about it or getting all worked up because there are plenty of other great artists I love releasing music I'm into and a wealth of stuff I've still yet to hear and then every other facet of my life keeping me busy and satisfied. My happiness and fulfillment isn't dependent on Trent Reznor doing what I want him to 24/7.

I just don't see the constructive point in huffing and puffing in an angsty manner over whether or not some artist is making what I wish they'd make and behaving as if I'm somehow more enlightened by not liking things.
    Brother, you preach good, just please, tone back with the "I graduated with straight As and even my pastor loves me" vibe. I believe you if you say it's not conscious, but you sound like the biggest cliché. Spice it up a little bit, like we do with fresh memes. If I have to read the word "mildly" once more, I'm gonna walk through hot charcoal barefooted and most likely suffer third degree burns because of it.

I'm going to be honest with you dawg, if by the end of the year, and I'm being extremely serious here, if Trent dares to not release anything NEW nin material by the end of this year, then I swear, and I don't care if I offend some people, I absolutely swear - even if it goes against the board rules - that I won't care. Months passes by without me even expecting new NIN, I'm accustomed to the fact that if anything happens, it's going to happen in some random ass day and I'll get to know about it on my facebook feed. I just want him to tour, because now I have money, but that's all. Hell, I have more faith that the next HTDA material will be closer to the original EP and be actually listenable, than Trent releasing cool new NIN stuff.

As for the DVD, it's practically a meme now, alongside of Tapeworm (RIP), Ghosts FIlm Festival, Year Zero 2 (stfu guys, you know it's not The Slip), Everything music video, Greatest Hits album (because he keeps his words guys, AYYYYYYYYYYYY LMAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO) and the cancelled Budapest show which they will compensate for. What else could we talk about anyway? You want to make this board and/or thread super duper serious? Just re-read the meathead perspectives during the hiatus between TF and WT. Poor meathead had to write some of the weirdest shit, because there was literally nothing happening.

One thing though, Trent deserves every shit for the fuckaroo with the DVD, and the fact that he did that a million times now already does not make it any more forgivable. His public relations with the NIN fanbase has always been disastrous. The one time the guy tried to be hip and used FB and Twitter het literally got into arguments with people. He's weird like that, but we still love him.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    The one time the guy tried to be hip and used FB and Twitter het literally got into arguments with people.
    Well to be fair, his fans are a bunch of whiny entitled dicks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    You know that he's probably bipolar. Bipolar people tend to have great plans when they're in a manic episode and fall into deep holes afterwards. My gf is battleing with the same issues and she does the exact same things. Big plans but no strength to realise 'em. Bipolar people are perfectionists and you can imagine how hard it is to realise something. We are lucky that we got the records he released so far and the tours he did. I'd rather wait 5 more years for another EP than take a rushed record. I'd be happy if he'd be touring in Europe this year (even though I'm broke right now) but I'm willing to wait. He's older now but still battleing with his inner demon. Give him time.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Well to be fair, his fans are a bunch of whiny entitled dicks.
    Everyone's are with a history of at least 10 years. "Why don't you sound like on oyur first record? Why don't you come to my country? Why did you (not) collab with XY? Why did you make a radio-friendly song? I think your music now sucks! " etc. An adult person should be able to handle it after being in the biz for so long. The way he handled it showed some serious insecurity; a men of his caliber should laugh his ass off reading those punk's comments.

Abrupting songs live for a very few people's idiocity can be argued, because there are pros and cons to what Trent used to do, but his social media stunts (including the ETS one, with fake accounts and whatnot) were not cool at all. Funny and sad at the same time, but I'm happy he pulled the plug on that, realizing it's just not for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    You know that he's probably bipolar. Bipolar people tend to have great plans when they're in a manic episode and fall into deep holes afterwards. My gf is battleing with the same issues and she does the exact same things. Big plans but no strength to realise 'em. Bipolar people are perfectionists and you can imagine how hard it is to realise something. We are lucky that we got the records he released so far and the tours he did. I'd rather wait 5 more years for another EP than take a rushed record. I'd be happy if he'd be touring in Europe this year (even though I'm broke right now) but I'm willing to wait. He's older now but still battleing with his inner demon. Give him time.
    Yes, definitely. There are a bunch of songs which show mental issues. AATCHB (song) might be one of the most obvious ones; that song is pure depression.
    Last edited by Volband; 07-07-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Everyone's are with a history of at least 10 years. "Why don't you sound like on oyur first record? Why don't you come to my country? Why did you (not) collab with XY? Why did you make a radio-friendly song? I think your music now sucks! " etc. An adult person should be able to handle it after being in the biz for so long. The way he handled it showed some serious insecurity; a men of his caliber should laugh his ass off reading those punk's comments.

Abrupting songs live for a very few people's idiocity can be argued, because there are pros and cons to what Trent used to do, but his social media stunts (including the ETS one, with fake accounts and whatnot) were not cool at all. Funny and sad at the same time, but I'm happy he pulled the plug on that, realizing it's just not for him.

Yes, definitely. There are a bunch of songs which show mental issues. AATCHB (song) might be one of the most obvious ones; that song is pure depression.
    A normal adult could handle the haters but as an perfectionists you're crushed by that. The drugs may have helped him with by getting numb sometimes but becoming insane in the next moment. It's no general excuse but like I said, my gf has the same problem and people like Trent aren't always in control of their emotions/deeds.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I have this theory about Nine Inch Nails called the "NIN Mirror Theory". You can line up all the major NIN releases (with lyrics) in 2 columns. Like this:

4. The Fragile_______________5. With Teeth
    3. The Downward Spiral_______6. Year Zero
    2. Broken (EP)_______________7. The Slip (EP)
    1. Pretty Hate Machine (PHM)___8. Hesitation Marks (HM)

As you can see, some interesting elements begin to reveal themselves. Not only is it a mirror, but it is also a ring. PHM is the beginning of the cycle and HM is the end. The Fragile is the conclusion of the descent into darkness and ends in uncertainty... all the heavy duty pains have been experienced now. With Teeth marks the beginning of the rise... it is the coping. The Fragile is weakness while With Teeth is newfound strength. The Fragile and With Teeth are both the most psychedelic sounding of all NIN albums. Hesitation Marks represents completion and has a special link to Pretty Hate Machine.

You will also notice the similarity of the acronym PHM and HM. Several reviews noted how HM in some ways was a return to the sounds of PHM. Then the strange fact of 2 and 7 being EPs. Broken and The Slip are both rough-sounding and punk. For The Downward Spiral, a spiral is circular in nature and singular. Same with the zero of Year Zero. The Downward Spiral is a documentation of the self-annihilation of an individual. Year Zero documents the FUTURE destruction of civilization. TDS is the most mechanical/industrial sounding album. YZ is the most digital/computer sounding album.

A few months ago I learned about the ring theory in interpreting the first 6 Star Wars films... I guess after all these months my brain synthesized this theory as it applies to NIN.

ONE LAST POINT: 1ST SONG ON PHM: HEAD LIKE A HOLE "BLACK AS YOUR SOUL".....LAST SONG ON HM: BLACK NOISE.....presumably linking the content of Black Noise to what a Head like a hole which is black as your soul would sound like.... and therefore linking back to the beginning of NIN.. and therefore it indicates that a future NIN album would be a return to the source or the beginning of a second journey along the ring.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 07-08-2016 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Duuuuuuuude... "The Drugs" thread is in a seperate sub-forum. Holy mother of Jesus the lack of NIN material mixed in with TR's tweet last December is making some go cray cray.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I think this is pretty normal for this board. These exact conversations have happened all before. It's all connected, man. The beginning is the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Life is a flat circle...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    NIN world is currently the equivalent of yelling into a black hole, saying "is anybody there?" and it echoing back, in the style of the voice you hear in the Fist Fuck samples.

Let's change the board name from Echoing The Sound to Echo Chamber until there's news. Or... Echoplex? That sounds like a good ETS competitor name.
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-08-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    NIN world is currently the equivalent of yelling into a black hole, saying "is anybody there?" and it echoing back, in the style of the voice you hear in the Fist Fuck samples.

Let's change the board name from Echoing The Sound to Echo Chamber until there's news.
    Yeah, it demoralisingly quiet.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Yeah, it demoralisingly quiet.
    At least there's Juno and the instrumental Everything...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    At least there's Juno and the instrumental Everything...
    I try to console myself that saying that TR did not intend to keep us waiting in silence for this length of time and that something has happened in the background that we are unaware of....because if this silence was intentional after that December tweet, well that's just REALLY mean!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    I try to console myself that saying that TR did not intend to keep us waiting in silence for this length of time and that something has happened in the background that we are unaware of....because if this silence was intentional after that December tweet, well that's just REALLY mean!
    The fact that we are getting excited about Charlie Clouser interviews in NIN Spotting is quite telling.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    What I find kind of sad is that Clouser is now in Richard Patrick's situation... "Soooooo you're working on stuff now aaaand.... Nine Inch Nails,right? Right? Tell us about that."
    At least Vrenna is subject to "Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson, that was awesome."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What I find kind of sad is that Clouser is now in Richard Patrick's situation... "Soooooo you're working on stuff now aaaand.... Nine Inch Nails,right? Right? Tell us about that."
    At least Vrenna is subject to "Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson, that was awesome."
    Well if the journo is up to speed on Vrenna, its NIN, Manson and the Psyclon Nine controversy.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    When it comes to former bands overshadowing current works, I'm not quite sure Psyclon Nine can cut it, honestly...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    When it comes to former bands overshadowing current works, I'm not quite sure Psyclon Nine can cut it, honestly...
    You're right. No question of that. It is alleged that Chris may not have been appropriately compensated for his work with that band, and this in conjunction with the Kickstarter campaign fiasco, raises questions.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The question is where the hell is Daniel Patrick "Danny" Lohner (born December 13, 1970), frequently known as Renholdër.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The question is where the hell is Daniel Patrick "Danny" Lohner (born December 13, 1970), frequently known as Renholdër.
    He's busy laying face-down in public with his pants pulled down.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    He's busy laying face-down in public with his pants pulled down.
    Link?

10 chr

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Link?

10 chr
    https://www.instagram.com/dannylohner

He probably posts them other places, too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That one with Tyler the Creator is great. His eyes say "I don't know what's going on but here I am."

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night that something was announced on NIN.com about an October release, and I was typing a post saying how we get new NIN and finding out who Negan killed on The Walking Dead around about the same time. And naturally how thrilled I was.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night that something was announced on NIN.com about an October release, and I was typing a post saying how we get new NIN and finding out who Negan killed on The Walking Dead around about the same time. And naturally how thrilled I was.
    But then again, that might have been a dream

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I like to imagine what was going through in Trent's head when he commissioned Eugene to remix Everything: "All right, here's the vocal track. I want you to FUCK IT UP. Like, completely. FUCK EVERYTHING."