Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwistorm View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one!
    https://imgur.com/gallery/ngiHg
    Am I missing something? It's just the two covers next to each other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Am I missing something? It's just the two covers next to each other?
    The faded marks (top right of the AV Cover, and the same marks (but darker) on the white NTAE cover, overlap perfectly. Guessing the third EP will have something similar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They've also added the marks to the Journal on the store...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Add Violence

The faded marks (top right of the AV Cover, and the same marks (but darker) on the white NTAE cover, overlap perfectly. Guessing the third EP will have something similar?
    It should if these three releases covers share that graphic element as their only aesthetic link to each other. Anyway, the rest of the artwork for AV PC might follow what NATE PC visually established. It just seems a little off to me to have this very opposite visual styles on a trilogy of releases.

It would be fantastic to have some kind of more tangible connection between these covers i.e.

Personally it isn't that I don't like what we've seen of AV's artwork so far, regarding cover artwork, merch and the last image for Bakersfield presentation. This imagery feels so distant from NTAE's overall aesthetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I really like the album art. It somehow got me to think of The Becoming, as if he's showing the machine he's tried to beat. (That, and I also see it as a very simplified blueprint of his ability and overall drive to compose and produce introspective and meticulous music based on his own experiences, thoughts and emotions.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-16-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I really like the album art. It somehow got me to think of The Becoming, as if he's showing the machine he's tried to beat.
    When TR talks about beating his machine, I was always under the impression that he was referring to masturbation (literal or otherwise).

As for the cover...

I wonder what those marks even mean. Why the repetition in both covers? It's either nothing and is just there for vague continuity, or... perhaps we overlooked something, and this is TR's way of trying to get us to look deeper into what those marks are there for.

Remember when the YZ ARG was over and TR said that we missed stuff?
    Last edited by katara; 07-15-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by high def ultra-realism View Post
    It should if these three releases covers share that graphic element as their only aesthetic link to each other. Anyway, the rest of the artwork for AV PC might follow what NATE PC visually established. It just seems a little off to me to have this very opposite visual styles on a trilogy of releases.

It would be fantastic to have some kind of more tangible connection between these covers i.e.

Personally it isn't that I don't like what we've seen of AV's artwork so far, regarding cover artwork, merch and the last image for Bakersfield presentation. This imagery feels so distant from NTAE's overall aesthetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that's part of the point. NtAE is a simulation of some sorts, hence the title. And one of the buttons on AV

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Could he be simulating his own self while being in a world that changed beyond recognition ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The cover reminds me of the beginning of eraserhead. The man on the planet ( "god" in my interpretation of movie) , his controls for violence. God's violence box.

Claustrophobia machine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I really like the album art. It somehow got me to think of The Becoming, as if he's showing the machine he's tried to beat. (That, and I also see it as a very simplified blueprint of his ability and overall drive to compose and produce introspective music based on his own experiences, thoughts and emotions.)
    That's an interesting point considering the 'machine' elements/lyrics from Broken and TDS, but very much so in The Becoming:
    "I beat my machine it's a part of me it's inside of me
    I'm stuck in this dream it's changing me I am becoming."

Originally Posted by Ryan
    I found TR's quote about NTAE being inspired by a dream he had to be quite interesting. I wish he would tell us what the dream was about.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Due to us trying to combine NTAE and Add Violence covers together, I had this strange theory.

Dear World has a comma right after it, perhaps all its tracks aftewrads are supposed to form a sentence.

Dear World, she's gone away, the idea of you burning bright (like a/the) field on fire. Less than the lovers, this isn't the place anymore, the background world..........(five more tracks needed)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Due to us trying to combine NTAE and Add Violence covers together, I had this strange theory.

Dear World has a comma right after it, perhaps all its tracks aftewrads are supposed to form a sentence.

Dear World, she's gone away, the idea of you burning bright (like a/the) field on fire. Less than the lovers, this isn't the place anymore, the background world..........(five more tracks needed)
    What about Branches/Bones?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarktrent View Post
    What about Branches/Bones?
    I imagine Branches/Bones being the "Intro" to the story, well, more like a prologue

The same way Mr. Self Destruct is, Mr. Self Destruct is the intro to everything, it kinda sumps up the story before the story begins. Branches/Bones may be the same way. Yet the story of TDS really kicks off with Piggy.

The sentence seems to begin with Dear World probably due to comma, highlighting that

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I would have a complain, Trent put anything he could to sell ... why did'nt he include video ? just a poor MP4 with bluray specs plz (or better ?). Or easier... continue feeding the vimeo ! As vimeo allow us to download extra sized original videos, come on @kraw , you just have to find it, nin is paying for that, there's ton of goodies there, keep it alive and free for download.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went a head and bought the PC for this one. I hope its nothing shitty like the NTAE one. Well at least I had free shipping

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    What does it mean!?!?!1
    I'm not anywhere near as competent with digital video/photography as I am audio, but I've been wondering about the NTAE alternate covers:

The marks on this one closer resemble the ones from Add Violence, with the bottom "bars" obscured/missing (I can see them start up again at the bottom edge). Also, top-right corner, why is there a perfect rectangle missing?

Don't forget that on the social media variations, the bars are somewhere else entirely:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a question about the download that comes with the PC...is there a special "time" that the downloads will be sent...like saying its nout before 9AM or whatever? Its the first time I made an MP3 preorder (for the lack of a better word) so I wanted to know.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rd1994 View Post
    I have a question about the download that comes with the PC...is there a special "time" that the downloads will be sent...like saying its nout before 9AM or whatever? Its the first time I made an MP3 preorder (for the lack of a better word) so I wanted to know.
    NTAE dropped a day early, so who knows. I just checked, and it looks like that email was sent out a little after midnight, so there's a good chance it'll be released a bit after midnight on Friday, but again, who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    NTAE dropped a day early, so who knows. I just checked, and it looks like that email was sent out a little after midnight, so there's a good chance it'll be released a bit after midnight on Friday, but again, who knows.
    what time zone would that be?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rd1994 View Post
    what time zone would that be?
    Good question. I live in California, but I was in Ohio when NTAE dropped. My understanding is that timestamps on iPhone always change to your current time zone, though, so it was probably Pacific Time.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    You will probably get an email for a download notification after midnight but it won't work for another 12 hours and constant support tickets later.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm not anywhere near as competent with digital video/photography as I am audio, but I've been wondering about the NTAE alternate covers:

The marks on this one closer resemble the ones from Add Violence, with the bottom "bars" obscured/missing (I can see them start up again at the bottom edge). Also, top-right corner, why is there a perfect rectangle missing?

Don't forget that on the social media variations, the bars are somewhere else entirely:
    Does anyone else think those faded marks on NTAE look like the increment markers in the "Anxiety" meter in the top left of AV? In fact, the entire right side of that top NTAE look like an expanded version of the AV "Anxiety meter".
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 07-16-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Note where the needle is, at around .17 . The year is 2017, and this meter started in 2000 and maxes out at 2025.

EDIT: One scratch begun just before the needle and ramps up until 2022 where lots of scratches appear, which is "Zero Sum".
    Last edited by |mando|; 07-16-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Don't really wanna buy the album twice (well I will eventually, but not at launch) so I hope vinyl preorder goes up before release

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I imagine Branches/Bones being the "Intro" to the story, well, more like a prologue

The same way Mr. Self Destruct is, Mr. Self Destruct is the intro to everything, it kinda sumps up the story before the story begins. Branches/Bones may be the same way. Yet the story of TDS really kicks off with Piggy.

The sentence seems to begin with Dear World probably due to comma, highlighting that
    I like your theory. Looking into it further, branches and bones connect to a larger structure (tree and skeleton, respectively.) The tracks individually are the "branches" and "bones." They way the EPs link together could be the tree or skeleton, forming a whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Does anyone else think those faded marks on NTAE look like the increment markers in the "Anxiety" meter in the top left of AV? In fact, the entire right side of that top NTAE look like an expanded version of the AV "Anxiety meter".
    I thought the same thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post

Note where the needle is, at around .17 . The year is 2017, and this meter started in 2000 and maxes out at 2025.

EDIT: One scratch begun just before the needle and ramps up until 2022 where lots of scratches appear, which is "Zero Sum".
    And on the bottom scale, it's at 0.7 for July?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    And on the bottom scale, it's at 0.7 for July?
    Or July 17, 2017

Tomorrow.

Also:

Rotating the new logo upside-down gives you a 7. Or perhaps even a 17..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Or July 17, 2017

Tomorrow.

Also:

Rotating the new logo upside-down gives you a 7. Or perhaps even a 17..

New logo could also be the mathematical symbol for "less than".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post

The triangles on the dial also look somewhat similar to the grey marks others have identified as repeating on both covers. Just an observation, probably means nothing.