Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Day (2016)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    No, I think they're very comparable. I can remember people saying that there shouldn't be a film made about Mark Zuckerberg because he was a hack, a thief, an asshole, a this, a that, etc. People will always complain about movies based on real events, especially if they don't fit into their view of what is acceptable subject matter and what's not.

You are the last person who should be telling people to "move on".

Trent could do a film score to a movie about the life and times of Hitler or jared from Subway and you would support it...You're not exactly objective when you lap up everything The Rez does.....just admit he disappointed you (first he firebombs Tension and then puts NIN on the back burner) Admit daddy let you down. You will feel better

and even Trent said his initial reaction to Social Network was that he thought it was a stupid facebook movie..Most NIN fans that have heard that soundtrack (myself included) dont give a fuck about the movie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    NIN's dead
    undead undead undead

(NIN isn't dead, btw)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    You're not exactly objective when you lap up everything The Rez does
    First off, I've never said that I was objective about his work. Second, I have criticized him in the past. Look it up.

just admit he disappointed you (first he firebombs Tension and then puts NIN on the back burner) Admit daddy let you down. You will feel better
    How can I be let down when I don't OBSESS over shit like that? I mean, I've even said in the past that he should just hang NIN up and do film scores and other projects. But yes, forgive me for not shedding ample amounts of tears for stuff like the Tension Blu-ray.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-03-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    its pretty obvious NIN is dead and buried......Trents new thing is corporate man at apple and doing film scores...he clearly has put movie scores and apple as his number 1 priority. NIN is just some little side project now...it sucks but it is what it is...this is what happens when you move to Hollywood and sell out. The movie scores are never going to stop. Hes going to continue to get offer after offer after offer and he will continue to say yes, yes and yes...NIN is over people. Accept it and move on

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I remember reading comments like this when he agreed to do the score for The Social Network. "What?! He's doing the score for a Facebook movie?! He's dead to me!"
    I recall quotes being overwhelmingly positive here. Remember, we knew NIN was gonna be dead for a bit at that time.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I recall quotes being overwhelmingly positive here. Remember, we knew NIN was gonna be dead for a bit at that time.
    I wasn't around here at the time, so I'm only referencing what I read on other sites and message boards.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    its pretty obvious NIN is dead and buried......Trents new thing is corporate man at apple and doing film scores...he clearly has put movie scores and apple as his number 1 priority. NIN is just some little side project now...it sucks but it is what it is...this is what happens when you move to Hollywood and sell out. The movie scores are never going to stop. Hes going to continue to get offer after offer after offer and he will continue to say yes, yes and yes...NIN is over people. Accept it and move on
    Will YOU be moving on? That is the question.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    NIN is dead

Long live Harambe

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Will YOU be moving on? That is the question.
    I've already moved on. I've listened to NIN once the past 6 months...Listened to Dinosaur Jr every day the past 6 months. go check their new album out. Its amazing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    NIN is dead and buried, why? Because he's taking longer than 3 years to make an album? Remember the days where it would take him half a decade to make an album? Probably not, Bill, because you act like you're 12 and is owed something.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I've already moved on. I've listened to NIN once the past 6 months...Listened to Dinosaur Jr every day the past 6 months. go check their new album out. Its amazing.
    I think the point was you should move on from the forums.
    You listened to NIN "once in the past 6 months", but how many times in the past 6 months have you come to the Nine Inch Nails section of ETS?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    There's a part of me that believes Bill is just Trent trolling us all.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I can only aspire to reach the level of troll-y-ness that Bill achieve

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    There's a part of me that believes Bill is just Trent trolling us all.
    or I could be Brian Hugh Warner aka Manson trolling all of you, Trent included

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Bill & Trent's Bogus Postings. Melvining us every day.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That's right I totally forgot MMs middle name is Hugh. Makes me wonder if he has ever pulled the "my name is hugh... hugh mungus" on anybody... Hmmm.....

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    this is what happens when you move to Hollywood and sell out.
    I didn't know The Downward Spiral was a sell-out record but you heard it here first, folks

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It's unbelievanle how unhappy people are.. just relax. Don't expect anything and be surpised.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'll take bill over Hazekiah any day of the week.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow it's great to hear that TR & AR have taken on another movie to score.

I would love to know how much they immerse themselves into the story during the creative writing process for each of the scenes... Do they shift their mindset into that of the victim, the terrorist, the FBI, the mourning family...?

Do they just say "oh .. okay it's a sad scene let's use some cello and piano" ... or do they stop and think " ...my wife and children were just murdered... how do I feel about that... I hate the world for this... how do I feel about that"

I've listened to GG & Dragon OST for a lot of hours while I work (SQL coder so I stare at my screen with headphones on a lot)... it's become my favourite thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I didn't know The Downward Spiral was a sell-out record but you heard it here first, folks
    I'm pretty sure nin has been a pop band since the beginning. It's not like he was making super inaccessible industrial noise and one day started writing pop songs to be on the radio and make money. That has apparently always been the goal. Either way, I don't see why anyone would care what movies he is scoring. They aren't promoting these scores as new nin albums. Also, people are acting like the soundtracks and scores he has been a part of up until this point have been unknown indie films... I'm pretty sure they have all been high profile, mainstream, huge releases... so what is different now?
    Last edited by buckaroo; 10-04-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Will this be a serious drama aiming for award nominations or will this be a straight forward action flick? Because although it would be kind of awkward kinsidering the topic I would be really interested to hear what Trentticus would be able to contribute to a mindless action blockbuster.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    1. Yeah 'march of the pigs' and 'mr self destruct' and 'ruiner' were totally made for pop radio. I am sure TR had visions of those songs being on heavy rotation on mtv and kroq

2. People are tripping out because doing score after score after score is taking up most of his time/focus (when its not on apple) and NIN is moving further and further into the background. The reaction is "oh another score? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

3. The fact he is scoring a movie about the boston bombing is a whole other issue. the fact they are even making a movie about this reeks of hollywood glorifying this shit. If they do the 9/11 movie, maybe Trent and Atticus can score that as well. They could make 2 hours of instrumental music. very brooding and minimal tech sounding..you know to CAPTURE the eerie feeling of that morning of september 11..opening in a theater near you

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

2. People are tripping out because doing score after score after score is taking up most of his time/focus (when its not on apple) and NIN is moving further and further into the background. The reaction is "oh another score? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    Somehow your reaction is the exact opposite of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. The fact he is scoring a movie about the boston bombing is a whole other issue. the fact they are even making a movie about this reeks of hollywood glorifying this shit. If they do the 9/11 movie, maybe Trent and Atticus can score that as well. They could make 2 hours of instrumental music. very brooding and minimal tech sounding..you know to CAPTURE the eerie feeling of that morning of september 11..opening in a theater near you
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_(film)
    You're welcome

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ? how did all this end up here?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If they do the 9/11 movie,

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Trailer showing potential preview of the music

Last edited by Callahan; 10-05-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Man, the trailer is just so wrong. Maybe the first time ever where I am really looking forward to a film's soundtrack without giving a shit about the film itself.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Man, that trailer is SUPER schmaltzy. The music did set a nice tone though. Not sure if that's Trent & Atticus doing it or not, but I dug it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Trailer showing potential preview of the music
    Oh, that swell from 0:47 to 1:02. So TR/AR.