Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1068

Thread: The One and Only store.nin.com (Firebrand Live) Download (Fuck-up and) Support Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    so Trent told us in the mail that the delay on The Fragile Deviations and the other reeditions are his fault (from my point of view I don't really care, I know I was pre-ordering something), but still the blame is on firebrand ?
    I think firebrand are being 'fired' for other things, not the vinyl delay. To not send out the physical components in the UK until every other thing is being sent is ridiculous and also there were the fuck ups with the zip files for Deviations. I had to get my Deviations downloads from another ETS member! And I got the impression a lot of people just weren't being contacted when they had complaints

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    i cancelled all my orders and asked for a complete refund. I'm done. let's see what happens.
    confirmed this, using the 'click here' button on my email. first my money back (>$500), then arrange a new list of orders on nin.com or other website stores.
    i just want a clean start.
    Last edited by witte; 06-06-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    For digital, it has to be Trent, errors were too ... obvious.
    I highly doubt Trent (or anyone from the NIN camp) created the .zip files:

Please be aware that our downloads are delivered as .zip files. You will need to download the file(s) to a computer before being able to transferring the purchase to a mobile device.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I highly doubt Trent (or anyone from the NIN camp) created the .zip files:
    I don't see why, so I highly am pretty sure about it

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Well, I'm throwing in the towel today and asking for a refund on the Deviations vinyl. I don't hold any hostilities towards the band or anything, I just kinda of lost interest in this release.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Well, I'm throwing in the towel today and asking for a refund on the Deviations vinyl. I don't hold any hostilities towards the band or anything, I just kinda of lost interest in this release.
    But it's gonna be shipping in like, 3 weeks!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @zecho Throbbing Gristle (and COIL) have/had utilized sandbag's services for years. i ordered many things from them which shipped from the UK and never had ANY issues whatsoever.
    That's good to hear. I only have the one story, but it's also the only time I've ever used them. Just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    But it's gonna be shipping in like, 3 weeks!
    I understand that, but after listening to the mp3s of this release I just dont see myself ever really needing a copy of it on vinyl. I guess in my older years I'm becoming more reasonable with how I spend my money on NIN merch.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I understand that, but after listening to the mp3s of this release I just dont see myself ever really needing a copy of it on vinyl. I guess in my older years I'm becoming more reasonable with how I spend my money on NIN merch.
    Oh come one, you have to sit with trent on a cushion wearing oversized headphones that's the new nin, old nin was so digital...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Oh come one, you have to sit with trent on a cushion wearing oversized headphones that's the new nin, old nin was so digital...
    Oh I'm buying the other releases, trust me...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone had any communications with Sandbag yet? I emailed about my Physical Component not having been dispatched and got an auto response saying they aim to respond in 24 hours. That was 71 hours ago now... Anyone know if there's any intention for the Physical Component to ship before the other vinyl releases? Anyone know of an order with Deviations in will ship later if the same order included re releases??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Anyone had any communications with Sandbag yet? I emailed about my Physical Component not having been dispatched and got an auto response saying they aim to respond in 24 hours. That was 71 hours ago now...
    Same here, I'm also based in UK. Nothing physical received placing orders in Dec 2016. I contacted Sandbag 72 hrs ago and other than auto email back no response. I'm only another 48hrs max away from requesting a total refund. Note that Physical component and other Vinyl (some of which I ordered) now listed as 'sold out' on UK store.

At this stage I would even have accepted a message from them saying we are looking into it, but nothing. Not exactly confidence inspiring. Next step in 48 hrs will be refund request then wait two weeks to see if it arrives.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Same here, I'm also based in UK. Nothing physical received placing orders in Dec 2016. I contacted Sandbag 72 hrs ago and other than auto email back no response. I'm only another 48hrs max away from requesting a total refund. Note that Physical component and other Vinyl (some of which I ordered) now listed as 'sold out' on UK store.

At this stage I would even have accepted a message from them saying we are looking into it, but nothing. Not exactly confidence inspiring. Next step in 48 hrs will be refund request then wait two weeks to see if it arrives.
    I have only had one issue with Sandbag before when I ordered Thom Yorke's Tomorrows Modern Boxes - they dicked around over whether I'd get second or third press then, bizarrely, sent me one of each a few weeks apart.

I reckon they'll get there with all of it but I have a horrible feeling that the Physical Component won't be sent to us UK folk. I suspect they've been overwhelmed with queries since news they were picking up from Firebrand went live.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    t I have a horrible feeling that the Physical Component won't be sent to us UK folk. I suspect they've been overwhelmed with queries since news they were picking up from Firebrand went live.
    I have that same feeling... But let's be optimistic, when there were problem with the TGWTDT boxset, way more expensive than the physical component, they sent me a new one. So I guess, hope, suppose, that they have some extras, just in case.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I was reading with surprise that UK/EU peeps got boned on combined orders with the Physical Component because I ordered it + Deviations 1 in December but I got my Physical Component as promised. Then I remembered that when I saw Deviations 1 appear online I was sitting in a coffee shop with my wife and baby daughter and I shit a brick and immediately ordered it without doing anything else. Only afterwards did I notice mention of NTAE and so I ordered that too, but in a separate order. At the time I wondered if I lost out on combined shipping but on reflection it's ended up being a good thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    I have that same feeling... But let's be optimistic, when there were problem with the TGWTDT boxset, way more expensive than the physical component, they sent me a new one. So I guess, hope, suppose, that they have some extras, just in case.
    Just had an email saying they will "resend" it (given it hasn't been sent at all not sure what they think has happened) and have ordered more stock to fulfil orders. This is beginning to feel like Firebrand lost stock

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I was reading with surprise that UK/EU peeps got boned on combined orders with the Physical Component because I ordered it + Deviations 1 in December but I got my Physical Component as promised. Then I remembered that when I saw Deviations 1 appear online I was sitting in a coffee shop with my wife and baby daughter and I shit a brick and immediately ordered it without doing anything else. Only afterwards did I notice mention of NTAE and so I ordered that too, but in a separate order. At the time I wondered if I lost out on combined shipping but on reflection it's ended up being a good thing.
    Me too. I ordered the physical thing through the US store by mistake then cancelled it and ordered from the UK store separately from Deviations so I got mine ages ago. It's stupid to think someone should wait till spring to get it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Me too. I ordered the physical thing through the US store by mistake then cancelled it and ordered from the UK store separately from Deviations so I got mine ages ago. It's stupid to think someone should wait till spring to get it
    "Spring"
    FTFY

edit:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So I emailed Sandbag (about changing my adress and the NTAE Physical component and TFD thing) and had an answer quite fast:

"
    Hi

Thank you for your email. We can confirm your shipping address for NINUK#XXXX has been amended.

This order is scheduled to ship early August 2017. You will receive an email confirmation once your order has shipped.

Kind regards,

Tara on behalf of the NIN customer service team"

So now I have to wait for August to complain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hadn't received the second mail with the voucher code El Rezzo promised - so I mailed Sandbag, and roughly a day later, got a nice response with a code. Thumbs up!

But I've been wondering about another aspect: So the physical components were shipped to every US customer and to every EU customer who ordered them separately. Makes "sense" - they were trying to save money and didn't want to pay twice for shipping. HOWEVER: Thousands of these packages are now sitting in some warehouse, either in the UK or still in Mexico/China (or whereever they were produced). Which poses the question: At what point will the storage costs exceed the costs of actually just shipping them in the first place?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ye, to be honest maybe it would have been better for everyone who hadn't got anything to get a refund and and we just re-order.
    I mean now i have to chase up Sandbag about stuff i haven't received and now need to create a shiny new NIN account.... with no history of what has happened or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OK, so a few hrs after posting in here, I have now received reply from Sandbag. Way more communication in 1 hr than in 6+ months with Firebrand. Physical component is apparently still going to ship soon - "We will get the physical component part sent out to you very shortly". Deviations due at end of June and rest (hopefully including older vinyl releases in August). I will now hang on another 10 weeks to see what transpires....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just received my Deviations refund via Paypal. They included shipping in the refund. Within the 7 days so pleased with that. I kind of felt guilty about it, but then remembered I bought Cargo in the Blood!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

The One and Only store.nin.com (Firebrand Live) Download (Fuck-up and) Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Received my first refund via Sandbag (dropped on PayPal). Waiting for the rest (other orders). Tbc.
    Just received a reply from PayPal (opened there a case for all my orders) that there will be a refund from other orders within 6 days. Fine! Still a few to go.

Edit: opened 5 cases (yes, I did 5 orders) at PayPal. Just got a reply from PayPal: they will all be refunded! I have a feeling asking PayPal for a refund and opening a case, works better.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 06-12-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Just received my Deviations refund via Paypal. They included shipping in the refund. Within the 7 days so pleased with that. I kind of felt guilty about it, but then remembered I bought Cargo in the Blood!
    You paid $300+ for CITB, but requested a refund for something that's a quarter of the price and is shipping out in few weeks?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    You paid $300+ for CITB, but requested a refund for something that's a quarter of the price and is shipping out in few weeks?
    I don't have a record player and can never see myself becoming a vinyl enthusiast to be honest. It was a bit of a foolish purchase to begin with, this gave me a chance to rectify that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I don't have a record player and can never see myself becoming a vinyl enthusiast to be honest. It was a bit of a foolish purchase to begin with, this gave me a chance to rectify that.
    But maybe you will buy some record players soon... naaahhhhh lol just joking

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Ah, I get it now. Just seemed weird at first glance. Deviations will be a great collector's item if it truly is a limited thing. Vinyl is awesome and is a great format, but it's indeed not for everyone. A lot of maintenance involved, and it can get extremely pricey.

I just bought a sealed copy of The Social Network on vinyl this morning for about $180. That's a lot cheaper than I usually see it go for in new condition, but I'll still cry myself to sleep tonight..

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    For me it was done. I mean the old orders. I received the complete refund, but for sure I'll make a new order of all the new vinyls...
    This has nothing to do with waiting for a few weeks....

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk