Page 96 of 147 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Sen. John McCain has brain cancer, aggressive tumor surgically removed - CNN
    https://apple.news/Ak2kpFFBzS76VzA-o_fK27g
    I say this with all sincerity, and not as a joke: I think this explains his behavior and demeanor at the Comey hearing.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I say this with all sincerity, and not as a joke: I think this explains his behavior and demeanor at the Comey hearing.
    I think this is what everyone is saying... that was... odd.

But while we're on topic, I wanna say that I TRIED to hate McCain back when he ran for president, and I had a hard time pulling that off. He's a good man, and this is sad. Politics aside for a moment, thank you for your service, however much we may disagree on stuff
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-20-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think this is what everyone is saying... that was... odd.

But while we're on topic, I wanna say that I TRIED to hate McCain back when he ran for president, and I had a hard time pulling that off. He's a good man, and this is sad. Politics aside for a moment, thank you for your service, however much we may disagree on stuff
    Yeah, back when it happened, there were a lot of comments to the tune of "we're not joking here; it really sounds like there's something medically wrong". I was one of them, as I watched two of my grandparents start to slip mentally and the mannerisms seemed very familiar. So I hate to say that I'm not taken by surprise at the news. Not like I'm happy to hear it or anything like that. I've disagreed with a lot of the man's votes, but he's still done a hell of a lot more to serve this country that most other people in Washington. And this particular form of brain cancer is basically, to be blunt, a death sentence. He and his family have my utmost sympathy.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I said the EXACT same thing to my Husband last night.

It all makes sense. So sad. I hope he can beat it but the odds ain't good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    very good non partisan talk on politics :
    -Louie

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yeah, back when it happened, there were a lot of comments to the tune of "we're not joking here; it really sounds like there's something medically wrong". I was one of them, as I watched two of my grandparents start to slip mentally and the mannerisms seemed very familiar. So I hate to say that I'm not taken by surprise at the news. Not like I'm happy to hear it or anything like that. I've disagreed with a lot of the man's votes, but he's still done a hell of a lot more to serve this country that most other people in Washington. And this particular form of brain cancer is basically, to be blunt, a death sentence. He and his family have my utmost sympathy.
    Yeah, my initial response was very much "what the hell?!"
    Then I thought about it for a moment... and concluded that something very serious was wrong. It extended beyond meandering and rambling... there was something alarming there. If a relative took a discourse turn in that direction it would prompt me to call a doctor.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the rs article painted a pretty bad picture of him, the choice of Palin to get the women's vote country first indeed
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    the rs article painted a pretty bad picture of him, the choice of Palin to get the women's vote country first indeed
    -louie
    To be fair, I don't think McCain made the Palin decision; the RNC did that.

Yeah, my initial response was very much "what the hell?!"
    Then I thought about it for a moment... and concluded that something very serious was wrong. It extended beyond meandering and rambling... there was something alarming there. If a relative took a discourse turn in that direction it would prompt me to call a doctor.
    ESPECIALLY McCain, who is usually very articulate and is able to think on his feet. I was really looking forward to what he had to say at the Comey hearing, then he totally went off the rails. At the time, they blamed it on lack of sleep but I thought it might be migraines or SOMETHING other than just lack of sleep. Sadly, it's this. I wish it were just migraines.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ugh these assholes keep going lower and lower:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/team-tr...ads-against-it

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Practically everyone in Japan speaks basic English...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Indiana would have seen a nearly $5 billion dollar cut to Medicaid under Trumpcare.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trump looking at possibly pardoning family, himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.389fde3438b3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Practically everyone in Japan speaks basic English...
    Also widely reported, LOL:

Japan’s first lady pretends not to speak English rather than chat with Donald Trump

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

I'm glad they're finally talking about this, because the speculation about the strategy has been in my newsfeed for months. Problem is, there really isn't anything stopping him from pardoning every single person he wants, is there?

Also, just speaking hypothetically: who would he have to fire in order for it to be a clear case of obstruction? Mueller, for sure. But would anyone else fall in that category?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

I'm not an expert, but something I just read states that he absolutely can do this if he chooses to, the only complication to it, is that when a pardon is offered by a president, for a person to accept it, they must accept it, which legally means admitting guilt, the pardon simply makes the penalties associated with it go away. If someone is offered a pardon by a president, they can reject it, if they believe they're innocent and want to fight the charges. If they accept the pardon, they're legally admitting guilt, but getting off without any punishment.

So for his family, he can do it with little consequence. He can pardon anything except an impeachment process, so if he pardons himself and accepts the pardon, he'll have legally confessed to federal crimes, which can act as proof for impeachment proceedings, and he can't pardon impeachment proceedings.

So he can pardon himself and his entire family, but if he pardons himself, his impeachment becomes basically guaranteed.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I'm not an expert, but something I just read states that he absolutely can do this if he chooses to, the only complication to it, is that when a pardon is offered by a president, for a person to accept it, they must accept it, which legally means admitting guilt, the pardon simply makes the penalties associated with it go away. If someone is offered a pardon by a president, they can reject it, if they believe they're innocent and want to fight the charges. If they accept the pardon, they're legally admitting guilt, but getting off without any punishment.

So for his family, he can do it with little consequence. He can pardon anything except an impeachment process, so if he pardons himself and accepts the pardon, he'll have legally confessed to federal crimes, which can act as proof for impeachment proceedings, and he can't pardon impeachment proceedings.

So he can pardon himself and his entire family, but if he pardons himself, his impeachment becomes basically guaranteed.
    I don't buy it. Congress is still controlled by the Republicans. If he pardoned himself, they'd just go "good, now let's get back to business". They wouldn't impeach him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I don't buy it. Congress is still controlled by the Republicans. If he pardoned himself, they'd just go "good, now let's get back to business". They wouldn't impeach him.
    this will continue to happen he has never, never never had to face any con consequences for his actions, this is a man who for said," he could kill a person on 5th avenue in daylight and no one would do anything"So until someone does something or republican's start loosing elections or better yet money nothing will change,
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 07-21-2017 at 10:36 AM. Reason: grammer is good!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post

This is like reading a proof on why 1+1 = .99999

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    the Trumper characterization of "the media" is so bizarre to me. it's not some alien hive mind cabal of hypnotists. it includes camera men like me and coder old conservant Ives like any number of my former clients.

Sean Spicer, also, counts as the media. anything that conveys information is media, even shitshows like info wars, and Trump''s twitter, totally counts as "the Media." it's the most shameless spin.

Sean Spicer is latest in long line of hemoraging trump team members. everything who has resigned or left so far one thin in common: Donald Trump. completely asinine to ignore that.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So w/r/t to trump looking into whether or not he could pardon HIMSELF, these are my thoughts:
    This, to me, is the ultimate smoking gun that proves that he's DEFINITELY something he damn well knows is illegal.
    Secondly, it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's an utter moron. (Even though the constitution doesn't PROHIBIT self pardon, imagine the fucking ramifications. That would be the END for trump if he tried it.)
    And thirdly, this is another thing that smacks of trump aiming to become a dictator.
    How did we get here?
    Jesus. Ummmm...can we have W. back? I never thought I'd say THAT shit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-21-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    Edit Im sure the facepalms are coming. To me there likes. Its means you're right around these parts.
    On an aside from politics, that's a very dangerous attitude to take. It'll lead you down the road to becoming nothing but a troll, which is exactly what politics has become these days, and the exact opposite of what's constructive.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Or you know, he could of been just a guy thrown in the middle of a shitshow that he had no chance to survive. Hes probably back to smoking a pack a day.

When you have CNN on tape saying ''Russia is a nothing burger'' and ''Thats its all for ratings'' yeah its a division. The left vs the right and America is eating itself. Veryscary to watch the nation that has to power to blow the world to smithereens this sick and dying. America is kind of over.

Edit Im sure the facepalms are coming. To me there likes. Its means you're right around these parts.
    I've wondered once or twice if America will come out of this looking like the American Union instead of the United States. Especially if the states like California get loud enough.

And I know there's something in the constitution about States not being able to leave, doesn't stop me from wondering.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    again he'll do whatever the hell he wants for as long as he can, no ones doing anything about it, just claims ignorance," I'm not a politician"he did it all through the campaign, said the most outrageous shit, nothing still has shown his tax returns, republican's will do nothing until it cost them power money or both, meanwhile the middle-class will go the route of the dinosaurs Putin will probably think he can do a better job and and install himself as president, and American's will continue to stare into their and tell themselves this is just the way it is. I'm going to follow Ami's advice, put a bucket over my head and marshmallow in each ear, and stumble around and wait for another hum drum hit song to appear, sad times in the so called "land of the free"
    -Louie

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The difference is I dont form an opinion just to be abrasive or argumentative. I simple follow the truth crumbs in front of me and decide what I think based on facts and TRUTH. I have only been here a few days but I have formed an opinion of this thread and fourm. That opinion is that there is an elite clique of people, perhaps people who have donated etc. Their opinion matters more than anyone else. They see a friend facepalm and immediately jump on board to do so. Since they are the elite everyone else is afraid of rocking their boat. I could be wrong but useless group think leads to these types of behaviours. I also find it funny how They twist every word until it fits their narrative and then you are just a troll if you say no. Going so far as to follow you from thread to thread. Thats Trolling imo.Thats also how american politics seems to be going as well, on both sides.

Trump won, it shook up the left, Assange fucked them and instead of dealing with Hillary by arresting her and creepy Podesta they created the russian narrative. Its really that simple. The very fact that story has legs is an insult to the intelligence of any reasonable person. I understand people didint like the idea of trump but its backwards. Trump was the alternative to the neo liberal agenda. The simple fact everyone is now kissing Mcains ass is deplorable. The left HATED this man as recent as a year ago. He comes out against trump (probobly because he is a neo con and in bed with Hilary bomb the fuck out of syria and agitate russia) And Now the left adores him. Same as Assange When he was dumping shit on W Bush he was their darling. Now he's a russian agent. I digress
    the left doesn't adore McCain... but most people respect him. If you want me to criticize McCain, I could do that for you, but the timing would seem bizarre.

The attitudes of people whom put their fingers in their ear and go ''lal la la '' kind of takes you down a road that makes it look like trolling I suppose. Its not.
    Let's take a look at Trump's twitter... "Any negative polls are fake news."
    Yeah, so your complaint here is ironic as all hell.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    not wasting energy on replying to this post, but rock on and don't stop believing
    -louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    LOL oh man, I never thought I'd see alt-right YouTubers getting promoted on ETS. I've been spending time off here and there watching these guys 'cos they're good for a laugh. They're fucking HILARIOUS! It's basically a cottage industry of third-tier Limbaugh wannabes whose every intention appears to be confirming and validating whatever stereotype and moral shortcoming that anyone from the left (or with a functioning brain, for that matter) accuses the far-right of having.

Here's that Stixandstonessixinchbonedatpussy66642069 dude discussing the merits of ethno-nationalism with some chick who I'm pretty sure is just bent that an ex-boyfriend/husband left her for a black girl. Good stuff!