Page 381 of 528 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,430 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Road trip to socal has commenced. Last time it was to see NIN a few short wks ago.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I liked the new nin.com design but seriously -- it's fucking slow und inefficient. My browser has to download almost 30MB (!) to open up the first news page. That's not how you should be coding websites at all. Normally I wouldn't care, but since there are regular news and updates it's really worth visiting nin.com again.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's definitely too resource-heavy. I feel like they could get the same style without it taking so long to load on a good connection. I shouldn't ever have to see the loading indicator.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    anxiously waiting for my NTAE vinyl, AV physical component, and Fragile Vinyl, no update with my tracking number..but i heard they may just show up before any progress on USPS.
    Just recieved them today!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    After watching The Defiant Ones, I must say, that Steve Gottlieb seems like a real prick.

Eat your heart out, Steve.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    After watching The Defiant Ones, I must say, that Steve Gottlieb seems like a real prick.

Eat your heart out, Steve.
    I think prick is understating it. He's a douche.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    I'm not posting it to sell or help sell - I'm posting it because I "spotted" it online - and it seemed both NIN related and excessive in it's pricing. Though I'm sure it's worth what the right person is willing to pay for it.
    I posted that in the auctions thread when i listed it. Really not sure what they go for these days so i figured I'd aim high. you can always lower your price, but youcan't raise it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I think prick is understating it. He's a douche.
    i think douche is understating it. he's a turd.

seriously, though, i think it's HILARIOUS when people are filmed for things and then claim the editing made them look bad. it happens a lot on drag race; when a queen is just a jerk to EVERYONE ALL THE TIME and then gets eliminated and complains on twitter that they got a "bad edit." honey, no, you're just an asshole and you got caught on camera being an asshole. own up to it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think douche is understating it. he's a turd.

seriously, though, i think it's HILARIOUS when people are filmed for things and then claim the editing made them look bad. it happens a lot on drag race; when a queen is just a jerk to EVERYONE ALL THE TIME and then gets eliminated and complains on twitter that they got a "bad edit." honey, no, you're just an asshole and you got caught on camera being an asshole. own up to it.
    Exactly. I want to call him some of the worst things you can say. He's really a scumbag. I hope there's a special place in Hell for him.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Edit. Wrong thread. NIN is cool. Travis Scott digs NIN.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-20-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the new nin hasn't been as blatantly political as YZ.
    Maybe the third ep will be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really want We're In This Together to be played live again. I like the live version alot more than the album version. Don't get me wrong the album version is nice and all but it just hits harder in a live setting.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    ^^^ I don’t recall TR “disowning” AATCHB at all. That’s out of left field for me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    "Live 2013 EP" is REALLY good. I wish he'd release more seeds like this. "Came back Haunted" From lollapalooza is HYPE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    ^^^ I don’t recall TR “disowning” AATCHB at all. That’s out of left field for me.
    The Q&A's from 2004 have him saying something similar to this: "i can't watch it at all. i was sick for most of that tour and i really don't think it was nine inch nails at it's best -- i was certainly not at MY best."

https://web.archive.org/web/20070514...1_04/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In light of the 'new' AV and NTAE material, and a full tour at the horizon, just watched the official ninVEVO videos from Dec 2013 of The Big Come Down into While I'm Still Here again... fuckin' A, simply just got blown away...
    Last edited by eik; 08-26-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the live version of Sanctified from 2013 / Tension is one of the most exciting and enjoyable things NIN-wise I've listened to over the last 4 years. And I love the recent EPs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eik View Post
    In light of the 'new' AV and NTAE material, and a full tour at the horizon, just watched the official ninVEVO videos from Dec 2013 of The Big Come Down into While I'm Still Here again... fuckin' A, simply just got blown away...
    why did you put "new" in quotes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why did you put "new" in quotes?
    First of, I find the new material absolutely stunning. However, to get a proper grip on them (and I'm not talking digital) is another story, as you and plenty others mentioned. I only received my NTAE vinyl this week (ordered back last December) and have it on permanent rotation since then. Still, it doesn't feel that new anymore with all the strings attached in the ordering process (not mentioning my problems with TF Deviations 1 here). Let's see for the AV vinyl...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eik View Post
    First of, I find the new material absolutely stunning. However, to get a proper grip on them (and I'm not talking digital) is another story, as you and plenty others mentioned. I only received my NTAE vinyl this week (ordered back last December) and have it on permanent rotation since then. Still, it doesn't feel that new anymore with all the strings attached in the ordering process (not mentioning my problems with TF Deviations 1 here). Let's see for the AV vinyl...
    ah, i thought you were implying (like some others have) that parts of the new EPs were actually recorded during previous sessions and weren't completely new (which i disagree with completely). thanks for clearing that up!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The dun dun dun part of Ruiner, and the noise in the background (I have always said it reminds me of a water faucet dripping, idk why) never fails to give me goosebumps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The first and last words of Pretty Hate Machine

God money I'll do anything for you

and

Do something for me

always thought this was cool

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    The dun dun dun part of Ruiner, and the noise in the background (I have always said it reminds me of a water faucet dripping, idk why) never fails to give me goosebumps
    I noticed that the "wind" noise that plays throughout is very similar in The Lovers and Not Anymore. It always reminds me of a horror movie or something, infact alot of TDS is very dark sounding and I love that shit. Trent and Flood really knew what they were doing on that album.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-28-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    I think the live version of Sanctified from 2013 / Tension is one of the most exciting and enjoyable things NIN-wise I've listened to over the last 4 years. And I love the recent EPs.
    I was really pleased that they brought it back this year for the surprise NYC show. I only got to see it in 2014 when Ilan was playing the bass part, would have been amazing to hear Pino tackle it in his style as he did on some of the Tension shows (not the one I saw, unfortunately).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I noticed that the "wind" noise that plays throughout is very similar in The Lovers and Not Anymore. It always reminds me of a horror movie or something, infact alot of TDS is very dark sounding and I love that shit. Trent and Flood really knew what they were doing on that album.
    I love walking late at night while listening to Not The Actual Events and Add Violence, it makes the atmosphere within the songs so much more real and exciting, it makes songs like She's Gone Away, Not Anymore, The Lovers etc very scary in a good way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    I love walking late at night while listening to Not The Actual Events and Add Violence, it makes the atmosphere within the songs so much more real and exciting, it makes songs like She's Gone Away, Not Anymore, The Lovers etc very scary in a good way

I did this early in the summer, before AV came out. Decided at 2am to walk a mile to the closest gas station while listening to NTAE. It really is a different atmosphere doing it that way.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Now this is turly random.

In one of my many 'strange' dreams i was part of an 80s/90s movie wherein a bunch of teens are killed in a remote location by witches (stay with me).
    I escaped by flying away keeping low to the ground so as not to be noticed but everyone else was killed.
    Now in order to bring them back i had to figure out the truth of death, which is that the afterlife is a combination of 2 records you last listened to. Once i realized this i figured out i was the one who died, not the others, and was here to warn everyone. But not before the last record i listened to, Deviations, had come back to kill me. Seriously the record had half a head with empty white eyes and long, uneven teeth it used to constantly rip into me and anyone who got close...then i woke up.

...i look at my Deviations LP rather differently now.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    The first and last words of Pretty Hate Machine

God money I'll do anything for you

and

Do something for me

always thought this was cool
    And even more so when you include the "Devil's flesh and bone" part.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    And even more so when you include the "Devil's flesh and bone" part.
    reading that made me feel a bit randy... meow

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the new nin hasn't been as blatantly political as YZ.
    Maybe the third ep will be.
    I find myself feeling opposite to this. While I do agree that I'm also surprised it is not as politically-charged as I expected (especially since it alludes connections to Year Zero and the ARG), I am very thankful it is not.
    Last edited by pinata89; 08-29-2017 at 12:04 PM.