Page 189 of 263 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,670 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Got facepalmed and then one sarcastic response to my post, so I deleted it. Gotta try to fit in better with the people here, I guess. I've only been here for about a week so we'll see.

Doesn't piss me off. Just makes me question myself.
    Last edited by ton; 10-27-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    the way things like special k cereal and dove chocolates are marketed specifically towards women.

there's this really obnoxious special k commercial where different women are talking about what they eat. at the end one of them goes "and yeah ... we eat chocolate" like it's an act of rebellion.

and dove is just hershey's with pink and lavender wrappings.

ugh, fuck you.
    Dove is not intentionally marketing only toward females. They have about a dozen products and each has a different color scheme. The PROBLEM with choosing colors is ... http://www.foodliabilitylaw.com/2011...-color-orange/

Also, like @eversonpoe pointed out, Special K is pretty much telling women that they’re fat and are on diets and aren’t allowed chocolates unless they sneak them.

Stereotypes.

Dove is Mars, it’s the Lexus of chocolate, trying to compete with Godiva (except can’t use gold).

It DOES suck sometimes to see how much we are being played.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-27-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Got facepalmed and then one sarcastic response to my post, so I deleted it. Gotta try to fit in better with the people here, I guess. I've only been here for about a week so we'll see.

Doesn't piss me off. Just makes me question myself.
    It takes a while, I still delete my own comments due to insecurity from having been flamed and I’ve been here 13 years. Don’t sweat it, kid.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    My girlfriend's work environment sucks... and I'm there for moral support but I'm not making a scene.., today her boss randomly yelled at me in front of her for no good fucking reason and I shrugged it off because I don't want to make a scene... but all she's gotta do is say the word and I'll start a scene to end all scenes

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    So I got cheap tickets with a friend and some friends of a friend to see a Broadway show last night, which was awesome. We're like in the final scenes of the show and I notice some clicking to the left near my leg. It's because my seatmate (a friend of a friend) is shifting their butt up just enough to slowly let out a fart. This happens a couple of times. I miss a bit of what is happening towards the end because I'm too keenly aware of the fact that I'm being farted on/sitting so closely to a farting person that I can *feel* the gas escaping, bubble by bubble.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    So I got cheap tickets with a friend and some friends of a friend to see a Broadway show last night, which was awesome. We're like in the final scenes of the show and I notice some clicking to the left near my leg. It's because my seatmate (a friend of a friend) is shifting their butt up just enough to slowly let out a fart. This happens a couple of times. I miss a bit of what is happening towards the end because I'm too keenly aware of the fact that I'm being farted on/sitting so closely to a farting person that I can *feel* the gas escaping, bubble by bubble.
    oh no
    oh no
    oh no
    that is so foul

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Yeah, and then I'm like, do I acknowledge this? Did they not realize? I did nothing but maaaaaan it was an Experience

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    adore delano posted an instagram of shoshone falls. wtf was she doing here and how the fuck did i not know?

damn.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Man, maybe this makes me a grump Old but geez I really don't like when people RSVP "yes" to small (like, a potluck) events on Facebook and then don't show or provide any form of update to signal they won't be coming. 4 people did that to a potluck/housewarming thing I hosted yesterday.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm trying to sell Bayonetta 2 for WiiU on Amazon and it keeps coming up as an inactive item. I finally find the right string of words to use for research and it turns out you have to be certified by Nintendo to sell Nintendo items on Amazon now. wtf. Since when do you have to be a business to sell second-hand?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    People who abuse (in any way) at the workplace on a daily basis.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    My girlfriend's work environment sucks... and I'm there for moral support but I'm not making a scene.., today her boss randomly yelled at me in front of her for no good fucking reason and I shrugged it off because I don't want to make a scene... but all she's gotta do is say the word and I'll start a scene to end all scenes
    Not the same though i've been in similar situations, I've told a few servers that i'd be perhaps willing to loose my job for the opportunity to tell some white bread stuck up fuck face off. Which is i why i stay in the back.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Something I've noticed lately is that people will straight up turn away in disinterest mid conversation instead of providing some sort of excuse. Both of my direct team members at work do it a lot, often when they've asked me social questions. What ever happened to a "sorry, gotta get back to this" or something. Am I just now beginning to notice this or is it not odd to have people like literally in total silence physically turn away when you're chatting? Granted I'm sure I'm not being interesting but like.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Every goddamn day is exactly the goddamn same.

inb4 obvious jokes, but seriously. Get me the fuck out of this loop. Jesus.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-06-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    When I know all too well I shouldn't scratch a rash but I do anyway. Now it's oozing and disgusting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I left another music forum because it was mostly just creepy old men over 50 posting girly pics. There was very little discussion of the band anymore. That group's fan base is mostly perverted, middle-aged men.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've been having issues with my boss for awhile and I finally have a name for what the issue is: rounding. Basically he goes around the office talking to everyone about what's going on. He'll sit down and talk with people for 10, 15 minutes at a time and just make sure everything's going well.

I get a "good morning" as he walks by.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Is there more context you can provide to your being yelled at? In any case, I lol’d at your last sentence.

I’m not sure I could take it. I’m a rather loose cannon these days, particularly from detecting BS that is apparently rampant in my current spaces (or maybe I’m just leveling up my standards as I’m simply becoming more aware in the world). I pet my cats and listen to calmer music in my own time to reset, but also because I realize I distinctly feel more aided to function with a clear head (versus how I would tend to feed my head in the past, no questioning). However, out in the real world, I am basically done being talked to the “wrong” way, let alone yelled at with no warrant. I have walked away or suppressed and then internalized from certain scenarios a time too many, where there wasn’t anybody’s safety at stake—only my convictions to be put on hold, so not to rock the boat. Meanwhile my kayak is filling up with water. Those are times I’ve had enough of. Festering about an exchange to unhealthy levels hours after the fact, or even days after. It’s my problem... I don’t need to be right, I just need to give myself a chance right in the moment. It’s not as though I haven’t done it before (e.g. outright been accused by a former boss of something I didn’t do, I responded in kind and he ate his words, then I put my two weeks notice in), I’m just finding I’m a tad inconsistent.

I believe what a LOT of people (present company included) can always stand to work better with themselves on is: letting go of the energy from a past interaction with somebody by the time of entering into an interaction with somebody new (using discretion, of course), and the same goes even from activity to activity. It’s very important, and an invaluable lesson to help keep emotions in check, thus to better control and to better understand what and how things unfold in your reality. It all comes back to mindfulness. Always.

/generally sick and tired of being pissed off by “little” things = people, man

Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Something I've noticed lately is that people will straight up turn away in disinterest mid conversation instead of providing some sort of excuse. Both of my direct team members at work do it a lot, often when they've asked me social questions. What ever happened to a "sorry, gotta get back to this" or something. Am I just now beginning to notice this or is it not odd to have people like literally in total silence physically turn away when you're chatting? Granted I'm sure I'm not being interesting but like.
    That is mega rude. Have some respect. Say something, anything, to pair with walking away.

Most people pull out their phone in those kinds of times, which is already rude AF in my world. “Hold on, let me read 10 words from this book here............ What were you saying?” (repeat) It’s like inviting a commercial break to a conversation. Why the fuck would you? Get that shit out of here! Let that shit vibrate, we are here now. OR, consider talking about what is up. However, most of the time it is NOT an emergency if it is not a phone call.

I need to step out of this highly relatable thread and go do things.
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-07-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I went through the trouble of learning 3 different instruments but I could never find a band to play in. The music scene in my city sucks. I have all but given up on wanting to be a musician. But I still make art sometimes and write stuff.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My boss using his phone: "GOD DAMMIT WHY WONT IT LET ME PAUSE MUSIC NOW?"

"Is it because your screen is cracked?"

"No, that doesn't have anything to do with it." Right, so you dropped your phone so hard that the digital, intangible button in the app on your phone stopped working. Nothing to do with this big crack on the screen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Remembering things. By which I mean "remembering things people at work ask me to do." I need a method for it. Scribbled notes on whatever pieces of paper is handy just isn't cutting it. Do any of the time-management gurus here want to share? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=allegate;384720]Remembering things. By which I mean "remembering things people at work ask me to do." I need a method for it. Scribbled notes on whatever pieces of paper is handy just isn't cutting it. Do any of the time-management gurus
    -Louie

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Supervisor and I go to an apartment to fix a girl's toilet. He sits down to fix the toilet, and removes items from on top of it so he can take off the tank lid. He does his thing, puts the lid on, puts her items on top of the toilet, and flushes it. Seconds, and I do mean 2-3 seconds, after flushing it, a small dish plate she had sitting on top of the toilet falls off, and shatters. I was there the whole time, and watched this happen. He turns to me and actually says "Wow. Of course. Well, that would happen. I sure as shit didn't break it, but I know it's probably gonna come back on me anyway. Jesus Christ." And then proceeds to tell everyone in the office that "it just fell, but when I put it back it didn't move, so I sure didn't break it."

So, you moved something, put it back, immediately after you put it back it fell and broke, and...that's not on you? Not at all? Mister grown adult man? It's her fault for putting it on her toilet in the first place?

I'll be the first person to say that anyone, aaanyone who stacks shit on their toilet literally is asking for it to fall and break or fall into the toilet, but come on. What's so hard about you accepting responsibility for things you're accountable for? Fuck. This man is a manchild. I can't handle it.

Between this, being unable to spell words a 40 year old man should know how to spell, unable to go 15 minutes without saying how retarded something is, ALWAYS talking about his dick and how many girls want him, how he totally thinks he has a chance with half the college girls he sees, always playing heavy metal LOUDLY IN APARTMENTS AT WORK, loud ringtones of "Cake and Sodomy" and some shit Tech Nine song going off all the time. Jesus. Get me the fuck OUT OF HERE.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Remembering things. By which I mean "remembering things people at work ask me to do." I need a method for it. Scribbled notes on whatever pieces of paper is handy just isn't cutting it. Do any of the time-management gurus here want to share? Thanks in advance.
    this works pretty well for me runs well on any i device, you can share so everyone can see what you're working on https://www.smartsheet.com/s/Trello-...EaAuA4EALw_wcB
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 11-09-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I use Notes on my iPhone. Allows me to group To Do stuff in folders related to specific projects or things.

But I have lots of friends who LOVE (and survive via) "Remember the Milk."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reme...293561396?mt=8

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I use Notes on my iPhone. Allows me to group To Do stuff in folders related to specific projects or things.

But I have lots of friends who LOVE (and survive via) "Remember the Milk."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reme...293561396?mt=8
    Maybe even just a little note pad you can use. Had a chef/owner who would use a little pocket book like you see cops in movies use. Sometimes he couldn't read what he wrote but he would pop that out his front pocket all the time with things he noticed, needed done. He had all sorts of shit going too.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Editor at the paper I freelance for is being a douche in regards to pricing for video work (he suddenly realized I charge per hour so I can cover my hardware use because I'm doing it with my only dSLR and computer) and wants to cut my two $175 videos I invoiced down to $104. Won't pay me at all until I take the offer. I also have to agree to a max charge of $104 in the future, and that's only for videos I discuss having to take longer with beforehand, otherwise the cap is $78/video.
    So, in the future, they sure as shit aren't getting my best work anymore. I'm also going to look at moving to a bigger city and doing real fucking news work for a place that can afford to pay people what they're worth because FUCK anyone who thinks hiring an artist and paying them minimum wage is going to fly. If I wanted minimum wage income I'd go work at a fucking Walmart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There is nothing I hate more than winter. That's why I never look forward to Christmas. Because it's in winter.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    There is nothing I hate more than winter. That's why I never look forward to Christmas. Because it's in winter.
    I love winter cause it provides me with a justifiable excuse for my anti-social tendencies!

When people ask me about my weekend plans, I can be like, "Oh, I'm probably just gonna try to stay home all weekend and read my book...I mean, it's just so cold out there, ya know? Haha..." And I sound perfectly normal, because after all, we live in goddamn Minnesota. The winters here are the stuff of nightmares. Just walking across the parking lot feels like millions of frozen razor blades are slicing you across the face. It's pure hell. So staying inside is considered normal and rational and healthy, which in turn provides me with the perfect cover. Not so easy in the summer. My friends start texting and demanding that I rejoin them in civilization. They're constantly trying to thwart my reclusive ambitions.

So as soon as it starts getting cold, I'm like "Yesssss, now I can pretend I'm normal!!!"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My sister just found out her baby will have downs syndrome, I don't know whether to lend her support or if she turned to me because she knows that I'm a practical (aka heartless) person who sees no issue if she chooses to abort. She is less than 12 weeks along so she has time to think about it but its still a terrible decision to make. Even if she decides to keep it there is a high chance of miscarriage