Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    There HAVE to be other dates. Right? RIGHT?

I mean was there ever a band that played only one festival?
    the next important step @ nin.com: adding topic "Tour" on the menu.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Too bad this one isn't up anymore:
    http://web.archive.org/web/201604121...tourdates.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I dont know, but the set up was nice. I digged

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    If the wording In the CoS article is correct, Panorama will be their live return. So, that would rule out Bonnaroo, as it's in June. Last year's Roo was a total failure ticket sales wise. Would love to see them there again seeing as how I live in Nashville. Roo lineup drops tomorrow. I'd think either Lolla or Osheaga would be a lock though given their dates. Lolla tix went fast last year...

How do you know they won't be opposing each other? Is there only one stage? Not trying to piss on your parade, just curious.
    They won't be at Bonnaroo. As for Lolla, I doubt it, since they've been on the lineup pretty recently, but I know TR has a good relationship with the festival, and since it's four days now, they may need a band like NIN to fill out the lineup, despite the recency of them headlining. They won't be opposing ATCQ either. There's only three stages at Panorama, if anything, they'll be opposing Justice, which is fine, because Justice fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    As for Lolla, I doubt it, since they've been on the lineup pretty recently, but I know TR has a good relationship with the festival, and since it's four days now, they may need a band like NIN to fill out the lineup, despite the recency of them headlining.
    They first headlined Lolla in 2008, & again in 2013. Considering they were "on hiatus" from late 2009 through early 2013, I don't think the one-year difference is a deal breaker.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    They first headlined Lolla in 2008, & again in 2013. Considering they were "on hiatus" from late 2009 through early 2013, I don't think the one-year difference is a deal breaker.
    They didn't have a big crowd in 2008, and even less in 2013, I'd be surprised if they were back. They're not in the tier of RHCP, who came back within a four year difference but can still draw massive crowds, or even Muse for that matter who are playing again and would probably outdraw NIN at Lolla. I love NIN, but they're not exaclty the band that fits the festival's current demographic.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I was going off of the Friends section of NIN.com. So judging by that alone, no Finck there.

100% speculation on my part.
    Do you mean the Family section? They have the Noct OST listed. Finck just hasn't released that much music, so he's not all over that section like the other guys.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The lineup for the Panorama festival makes sense for the band that made Hesitation Marks but makes no sense for the band that made Not The Actual Events. I wonder if that means NTAE isn't as indicative of the next LP as we're all hoping...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    The lineup for the Panorama festival makes sense for the band that made Hesitation Marks but makes no sense for the band that made Not The Actual Events. I wonder if that means NTAE isn't as indicative of the next LP as we're all hoping...
    You're looking too much into it. They're a big name rock band, they'll sell tickets regardless of what their sound is.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    You're looking too much into it. They're a big name rock band, they'll sell tickets regardless of what their sound is.
    I'm a Nine Inch Nails fan; what do I have other than looking too much into things? I'm sure you're right, though. It's just such an electronic lineup. Looking at last year, though, they had Arcade Fire and The National, so having NIN this year likely doesn't mean anything about anything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    when the main act played last year i believe they were the only ones on stage at the time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Last year had only one act as the headliner though, this year has two each day so who knows what they intend on doing with that.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    They didn't have a big crowd in 2008, and even less in 2013, I'd be surprised if they were back. They're not in the tier of RHCP, who came back within a four year difference but can still draw massive crowds, or even Muse for that matter who are playing again and would probably outdraw NIN at Lolla. I love NIN, but they're not exaclty the band that fits the festival's current demographic.
    I was at both, and 2013 was PACKED- it was on a Friday. I remember not being able to get single day Friday resell tickets for face either, but they were very readily available for the Sunday acts (The Cure maybe???). Saturday was the night of the highest priced tickets. Don't remember right now who it was but I'm sure a quick google search will help for those that want to know.

NIN can still be a headliner for Lolla since they sell all their tickets prior to even announcing the acts, and they've had headliners that don't draw as well as NIN. Should rename it "Millenial Hipster Fest".

I get what you're saying, it's not exactly 1994 anymore. But a 3-4 day festival can do worse than NIN as one of two headliners per night.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I was at both, and 2013 was PACKED- it was on a Friday. I remember not being able to get single day Friday resell tickets for face either, but they were very readily available for the Sunday acts (The Cure maybe???). Saturday was the night of the highest priced tickets. Don't remember right now who it was but I'm sure a quick google search will help for those that want to know.

NIN can still be a headliner for Lolla since they sell all their tickets prior to even announcing the acts, and they've had headliners that don't draw as well as NIN. Should rename it "Millenial Hipster Fest".

I get what you're saying, it's not exactly 1994 anymore. But a 3-4 day festival can do worse than NIN as one of two headliners per night.
    Not saying they aren't a good headliner, but 3 times in nine years is kind of lazy booking, no matter who the headliner is.

Where were you for that 2013 set? I remember running after Hot Chip finished their set right as NIN took the stage, and was able to get really close and leaving several times to pee and get beer and had no problem zipping through the crowd.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not saying they aren't a good headliner, but 3 times in nine years is kind of lazy booking, no matter who the headliner is.

Where were you for that 2013 set? I remember running after Hot Chip finished their set right as NIN took the stage, and was able to get really close and leaving several times to pee and get beer and had no problem zipping through the crowd.
    The three of us got there minutes before QOTSA went on, and decided to park our feet on the walkway that was behind the mix and slightly west as that gave us a bit of a stepping stone (2 out of the 3 of us are short so the added height helped). As the night went in the crowd just got bigger and bigger, pushing as back as we wanted the best POV and not necessarily being the closest. And I had to piss and get beer as well, checked out trying to get closer and to the sides and definitely wasn't worth it.

Contrast that to 2008 where I was doing the same thing and ended up about 20 rows back and in between the right side of the stage and right screen. To be honest I don't know how Lolla was promoted then- did they attempt to sell out before announcing the acts? We ended up getting tickets from someone that won them on 102.1fm Milwaukee that didn't want to go, the afternoon of that Sunday they were playing. Got them for $20 total I believe and only reason for doing the short trip was the Minneapolis show got cancelled night before due to Trent getting sick. Had no intention of going to a shitty festival but couldn't pass that up regarding the circumstances.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I had only one person in front of me on the Josh side, and it was crowded as all fuck.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wonder if they might end up headlining the 'other stage' at Glastonbury

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I can confirm with certainty that NIN is not doing the Amnesia Rockest. As for Osheaga, I do have a few contacts at Evenko from my heydays as a band manager but they are very secretive when it comes to Osheaga. I don't think I could squeeze that info our of them.
    In any case, forget about the Rockest. Ain't happening.
    You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'm inclined to believe you that NIN won't be at Amnesia.

This is an open question to anyone, but since you used to be in the business you might have a better answer to this... but how are bands chosen for a festival?
    How does the festival know what bands will or will not be touring when they are planning their events? Do they just have a list of bands they want, and contact their touring management and ask if the band is willing to play that event that year? Or is there some secret list of bands that will be active that year that is given to festivals to pick and choose who they want at their festival? Or, do the bands say "We want to do festivals this year" to their touring management and say "go schedule some for us" and then the touring management tries to put together a touring route based on what festivals are offering the most. Is it like a bidding war?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-11-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'm inclined to believe you that NIN won't be at Amnesia.
    I didn't want top burst anyone's bubble. Maybe the NIN gods will contradict me just fuck me.
    If Rammstein hadn't already been booked as one headliner, I think NIN may have been a possibility but the way this festival is working they won't have Rammstein and NIN as their two headliners.
    If I hear anything to the contrary I'll be sure too share the info here.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This is an open question to anyone, but since you used to be in the business you might have a better answer to this... but how are bands chosen for a festival?
    How does the festival know what bands will or will not be touring when they are planning their events? Do they just have a list of bands they want, and contact their touring management and ask if the band is willing to play that event that year? Or is there some secret list of bands that will be active that year that is given to festivals to pick and choose who they want at their festival? Or, do the bands say "We want to do festivals this year" to their touring management and say "go schedule some for us" and then the touring management tries to put together a touring route based on what festivals are offering the most. Is it like a bidding war?
    There are so many factors that go into booking bands to a festival. Established festivals are usually contacted by management who want to secure a slot on the festival.
    Organizer are also looking at soundscan in the area to see if the band will draw its share of fans to the festival.
    Bands that have new albums out will be looked at.
    If a band is touring, it'll cost definitely less to book than a band that do a one-off date.
    From my perspective,since I was managing local bands, I had to contact organizer a year in advance in order to secure opening spots. Ob

Those are just a few things that I can think on the top of my head.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So, two days after the announcement and still no detail on lineup/tour/production/is-this-a-one-off-gig/what-the-fuck-is-going-on.
    So yeah... what's going on?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    well, they're not booked for Roo...

https://www.bonnaroo.com/?utm_source...-lineup-onsale

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    So, two days after the announcement and still no detail on lineup/tour/production/is-this-a-one-off-gig/what-the-fuck-is-going-on.
    So yeah... what's going on?
    Maybe nothing is known/a sure thing yet?

Maybe they will just let the festival(s) sell some tickets before any additional plans are to be released.

Surely, if this was just a Trent with a piano tour that would be announced before any tickets are sold? Or "we're only playing new material" or "we're only playing the fragile" would have to be announced beforehand as well.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Maybe they will just let the festival(s) sell some tickets before any additional plans are to be released.
    ^^^ Most likely this, unfortunately. Hope we at least get some proper venues and not only festival dates a la 2013.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So, considering this is the 2017 Live Tour Discussion:

Will you follow up with a full-length Nine Inch Nails record this year?
    REZNOR: We’re working on new stuff now, so we’re planning to release more stuff as soon as it’s ready, and I don’t think that’s this year.

Nine Inch Nails is scheduled to play the Panorama Festival on July 30 in New York. Will you be touring in 2017?
    REZNOR: No, nothing is planned right now.

Are you still making music for How to Destroy Angels?
    REZNOR: You will see more How to Destroy Angels. It’s in the works.
    Source

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Source
    wtf

😭

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just seen that Queens Of The Stone Age are set to release a new record in 2017. So... how about a joint tour with NIN later in the year? Or into 2018? Guessing they're still buddies.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Source
    Well, that's the end of the tour speculation. I guess he literally is doing a one-off show. Seems so out of character for him.
    And what's with the comment about no new NIN this year? In the other interview he did in December, he said there were 2 new NIN projects being released in 2017...
    So if one isn't an album, what the hell are they??

Urgh, if this really is the only show this year, I really should be making the effort to attend. I have a feeling something big is going to happen at this show if it's the only show he's doing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah, totally confusing. You know, he has every right to do whatever he wants, but that are some radically different statements between this interview and the Beats 1 interview a couple of weeks back. Two major NIN projects in 2017 vs. no new stuff this year and a one-off show.

I don't know. There has to be something behind the curtains, right? It just doesn't make any sense. And we know for sure that he has no problem with being dishonest when it comes to surprises (he introduced HM back in 2013 by saying "I was less than honest about what I've been really up to"). Maybe he's holding back further information because of ... reasons.

That's what I'm hoping anyway.