Thread: The Playstation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I hear you man, I'm always late to the party.

I didn't get my first "next-gen" console until about 4 years in to the PS3's run, damn things they were always so fucking expensive. So now i haven't really had as much time with it as everyone else and now they're going to stop making games for it once the PS4 comes out and I'll be screwed once again for any new games I'm interested in and will probably have to wait until half the gen has already passed by and it'll be the same thing all over again.....

Never fucking fails......
    Well, look on the bright side. You get to buy the system for a fraction of the price that the new adopters do, and you get access to the entire library at a discounted price in the "greatest hits" edition. Also, new software for the PS3 will still be around for a couple more years at least.

but yeah, if Sony's lineup is anything to go by, they're cutting it off after The Last of Us and Beyond. I wonder whatever happened to The Last Guardian? Maybe that's also been shifted to PS4 development.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, look on the bright side. You get to buy the system for a fraction of the price that the new adopters do, and you get access to the entire library at a discounted price in the "greatest hits" edition. Also, new software for the PS3 will still be around for a couple more years at least.

but yeah, if Sony's lineup is anything to go by, they're cutting it off after The Last of Us and Beyond. I wonder whatever happened to The Last Guardian? Maybe that's also been shifted to PS4 development.
    I should also mention that details regarding The Last Guardian‘s release is solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself. Please keep an eye out for their official announcement.” - Fumito Ueda former head of Team ICO

There's a rumor going around that it's a PS4 launch title. If that's true I'm glad it's not lost, but I'm not ready to invest in a new console yet.