Page 192 of 263 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,760 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    our friend jon has been living with us for like a month and at this point he feels like more of a roommate than a friend. it's really bumming me out. he's also one of my main musical collaborators and we haven't played music since fucking MAY, for no real reason other than that he's busy a lot and (despite what he says about making it a priority) doesn't prioritize playing music.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hate it when my coworker sings in the office. So annoying when I'm trying to work.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    O.M.F.G. omfg. in an epic state of #firstworldprobs because who knew that putting the second fucking ring through the other second fucking ring would require laser eyes, octopus arms and pincer fingers? WHO KNEW. i fucking didn't. i will crack this fucking little douchecanoe of a damned chainmaille if it is the second last thing i do. (last thing is to blow up the universe.) aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. frustration. no likey. lol. i am posting a pic of this little demon of a chain when i am done. if i survive my childish frustration. yar.
    if anyone wants to secret santa me a pair of bionic eyes and fingers, that would be lovely. <3
    Last edited by Lew; 12-15-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    people who use gendered insults, especially when they're attempting to emasculate a group of men by making them out to be feminine. it's fucking 2017, pull your head out of your ass and stop buying into offensive gender stereotypes.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    hearing "that's idaho weather for ya!" ad nauseum.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    people who use gendered insults, especially when they're attempting to emasculate a group of men by making them out to be feminine. it's fucking 2017, pull your head out of your ass and stop buying into offensive gender stereotypes.
    Some people may take offense to being addressed as the opposite sex.... just like trans people get offended if you address them incorrectly.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Some people may take offense to being addressed as the opposite sex.... just like trans people get offended if you address them incorrectly.
    ...do you not see the difference between those two things? do you not see how both are wrong, in different ways?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    hearing "that's idaho weather for ya!" ad nauseum.
    "Yeah, well, that's Kansas weather!" Thank you. I'm not sure how I managed to go 27 years and not notice the way the weather normally works in Kansas. Thank you, person who has been here for two years. I now understand.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    ...do you not see the difference between those two things? do you not see how both are wrong, in different ways?
    Yes.... I was just adding to the discussion

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Yes.... I was just adding to the discussion
    no, you're doing what you always do and playing "devil's advocate" and trying to stir shit up because you love making people feel uncomfortable

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    no, you're doing what you always do and playing "devil's advocate" and trying to stir shit up because you love making people feel uncomfortable
    That is your interpretation, sir

What I really want to say is that people will always use whatever words they think will “insult” their target(s).... when gendered insults disappear, something else will take their place...unfortunately
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 12-20-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I frankly do not think cashpiles has anything near that level of self-awareness. I think he just has a default set of views that are bad and stumbles into things in a way that manages to be somewhere between mildly derailing and weird to deeply problematic. (Yes, I think that's worse.)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Getting on the tube for my morning commute for 40mins and realising my 3DS is about to run out of battery. Then trying to use my Vita (my back up) and seeing it's dead too.

Granted this is all on me, but it's still annoying!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Getting on the tube for my morning commute for 40mins and realising my 3DS is about to run out of battery. Then trying to use my Vita (my back up) and seeing it's dead too.

Granted this is all on me, but it's still annoying!
    My boss asked me for my DS charger a week ago so he could let his kids use it over the weekend while they were on vacation. I'm on my last leg of battery here and I feel like I'm not seeing that charger again until after the new year. Doooope.

I'm getting into Pokémon Sun again after putting it off for so long - Man, these tutorials at the start of the game just get longer and longer and longer every release. It's been over an hour and they're still teaching the player about things like Pokémon Centers and how to do Pokémon battles after already having 6 battles to get here, for fuck's sake. I GET IT. TAKE THIS THING HERE, GO OVER THERE, AND FIGHT THE POKÉMON UNTIL YOU'VE BEAT ALL THE POKÉMON. YOU DO NOT NEED TO STOP ME EVERY 20 FEET TO TEACH ME, VIDEO GAME. PLEASE LET ME START MY ADVENTURE. Let the player play. It's okay to not hold their hand SO heavily. Or at least get it all out of the way early and let the player explore and figure things out.

On the plus side, naming my character "ya boooooii" makes every other character into my hype man.

Edit: "Touch the Rotom in the middle of the screen for tips on what to do next!" *taps middle of Rotom screen* "Tap the middle of my screen for tips on what to do next!" Thank you. I'm so thankful for that advice. Really shed some light.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-22-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Fuck! Forza Motorsport 7, single player 48-lap race at SPA circuit, part of campaign I need/want to finish. I am using gamepad but the most difficult settings (except opponents so far only on "above average"), so it is not easy to drive, no assists, no rewind, nothing. After 1 hour 53 minutes without pause, getting thirsty and uncomfortable and brain tired from the constant maximum focus, at first place but only a few seconds advantage, I overtake an AI backmarker, he overtakes me back (what?), and two turns later spins right in front of me. Nowhere to go, my car totalled, race over. I feel mixed emotions of anger and total rezignation and never want to play anything in my life again... ;-) Damn!!

Update day after: OK, a second try was a success, but to stay staring at TV for two hours without a mistake... feels good to win today. :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 12-26-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    When it snows on my days off. Such as Christmas Eve and today. "omg a white Christmas!"

Oh yaaay! So excited to shovel sidewalks without help for 5 hours and further fuck up my back and shoulders!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    One of my uncles (non-blood) is a dick to me at times. Like it makes me not want to be around him. Sucks to have a dick relative.... I “get to” spend time with him one more time this holiday season for a get together at my grandparents’

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "Numb chucks."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Assholes pulling a fire alarm at 1:45AM in -40C weather...

Just fuck you.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/feliciaday/statu...43027755089920

I like Felicia Day but I really hate it when people pull the "As a _____" card.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    https://twitter.com/feliciaday/statu...43027755089920

I like Felicia Day but I really hate it when people pull the "As a _____" card.
    I mean, I agree with her. Youtube has a big storm comin' as far as its lack of shit accounting for child labor practices. Also, didn't know she was a parent and was like "oh, good for her for keeping her kid out of the public eye." But, then I looked at her twitter and unfortunately not so much. Ugh.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Busy work can suck it.

I have plenty to do as it is and no, I’m not amused when someone who has no idea what actually goes on comes along and decrees something completely useless and wasteful be done instead and in a timely fashion no less.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Facebook comment eavesdroppers, more so when it's family.

Does anyone have relatives that butt in to things that do not concern them?

No thanks to that stupid ticker thing that fucking shows what everyone does in real time. Urgh.....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've had problems in the past with my back and my knees. I had to see a physiotherapist last year. That's why I would never want to get pregnant.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    9 apartments have flooded in three days. The average temperature for the last week or two has also been between -10 and 20 degrees Fahrenheit. So dealing with all of them after hours and in the middle of doing other things is really fun and exciting.

Especially when your supervisor has left property to go do personal errands. Again. Because he's a fucking irresponsible excuse of an adult. Glad you got your money from your dad, couldn't do that on your own time or he couldn't have brought it to you. Jesus.

Last night, 6 apartments flooded and one apartment had a fire. And the entire parking lot was frozen. I've never been so drenched and cold in my life as I was trying to shut the water off right near the break in the line. And today more pipes burst and froze up. Like, FUCK me.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-03-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I've never been so drenched and cold in my life as I was trying to shit the water off right near the break in the line.
    i know this was a typo and your situation sucks, but i just wanted to highlight this hilarious mental image to try to cheer you up a bit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @ImTheWiseJanitor man I feel bad for you right now, this weather is nuts but bravo to all the people and workers cleaning up this mess. Two of our neighbors had plumbers out today, one has guys digging a GIANT HOLE in their frozen front yard and I don’t even wanna KNOW what that’s about. Our furnace has been working OT, we have all new windows, but we are still using ceramic electric space heaters to supplement.

How do FIRES start? Space heaters or stoves being used improperly?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Facebook comment eavesdroppers, more so when it's family.

Does anyone have relatives that butt in to things that do not concern them?

No thanks to that stupid ticker thing that fucking shows what everyone does in real time. Urgh.....
    I have an aunt who only responds (or communicates at all with me) when I mention anything about food to chime in with how I should be eating vegan alternatives. She's turned into one of those extreme activists that get arrested for pulling stunts kind of people in the last few years.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @sick among the pure
    Yikes, yeah that would be grating on me. Who knew the borg weren't fiction? someone's always trying to convert another to something eh lol

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Dot, Dot, Dot ... Pussy Popping, Eating Chicken Wings w/ The Blue Cheese... Trap(?) Rap with doses of Little Wayne and a hefty side of Eminem. I swear to fucking god hearing these same fucking songs/Pandora playlists every day i work is driving me fucking crazy. There is moments where he changes it up and i could maybe ask to play other shit more often but still. Like i feel bad for the guy in a way. I go on benders and will listen to an album pretty much only for periods sure. I've certainly binged on artists etc, but literally the same songs for as long as i've been hearing these songs (9 months-ish) I'm honestly not sure I have. It's the near absence of any real variety that is working the worm hole into my brain. And when i do get the chance to play something it's all i can do to not bust out the most brash shit i can think of, regardless of how much i may actually enjoy it myself.

It's whatever mostly as I've learned to tune out most music over the years and when it's busy i don't really notice it much. However it's very much a real thing. /rant