Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysergicengel View Post
    http://www.nin.com/music/add-violence

"PART TWO. THE VIEW WIDENS AND EVERYTHING IS IN QUESTION."
    This made me think there's more to the music than we thought so I inverted the last track...nothing.

Widen makes me think stereo width but I don't think there's anything you can do unless you sum it to mono, then hear something, then invert one/both, or something like that so I tried with that track and it didn't work either.

Summing one to mono and inverting it leaves us with what you'd expect, but I doubt Trent would want us to take it a step further and want us to invert that and keep inverting and summing lmao.

"INVERT MY SONG 52 TIMES." - Trent Reznor To 42 Entertainment.
    Last edited by 2020k; 07-22-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This has probably already been discussed and analyzed, but I wonder what is the significance of everything Add Violence related being in all caps? Has to be intentional I would think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone gone back and looked at "Everything" off HM?
    "
    I am whole
    I believe
    I am whole
    I am free
    I am whole
    I can see
    Always here
    Finally
    I am whole
    I believe
    I am whole
    I am free"

The Lovers: "I've slipped out of time again, leaving all of you behind and I'm free" "the center has moved on and all that's left is free, finally" "to return to the place where I already am"

Last edited by AnaTorpedo; 07-22-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaTorpedo View Post
    Has anyone gone back and looked at "Everything" off HM?
    "
    I am whole
    I believe
    I am whole
    I am free
    I am whole
    I can see
    Always here
    Finally
    I am whole
    I believe
    I am whole
    I am free"

The Lovers: "I've slipped out of time again, leaving all of you behind and I'm free" "the center has moved on and all that's left is free, finally" "to return to the place where I already am"

What I find fascinating about this is Trent said that HM was purposely looking back and tied to The Downward Spiral. I put it forward that perhaps "Hesitation Marks is (beside you in time) to The Downward Sprial," I always view most of the lyrical content on the album as if Trent was talking to younger version of himself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesitation_Marks View Post
    What I find fascinating about this is Trent said that HM was purposely looking back and tied to The Downward Spiral. I put it forward that perhaps "Hesitation Marks is (beside you in time) to The Downward Sprial," I always view most of the lyrical content on the album as if Trent was talking to younger version of himself.
    its funny... everyone was so pissy about that album and specifically that song, it would crack me up if there was something hidden in it

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skwez View Post
    This has probably already been discussed and analyzed, but I wonder what is the significance of everything Add Violence related being in all caps? Has to be intentional I would think.
    "In programming, writing in all caps (possibly with underscores replacing spaces) is an identifier naming convention in many programming languages that symbolizes that the given identifier represents a constant."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if there will be anything hidden with the new definitive edition of YZ vinyl. No idea when that's supposed to come out though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    OMG this is becoming a Tool board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The view of the K device widens to show it is housed in a space station orbiting Earth shown in the background. The Background World

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    OMG this is becoming a Tool board.
    Oh, don't you worry. I've already tried stacking songs. haha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    www.amplifychaos.com it's probably nothing, ugh.
    Last edited by pretty.hate.machine; 07-22-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skwez View Post
    Ever since the announcement of "not the actual events" everything posted has been in caps

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesitation_Marks View Post
    Did anyone here order the sticker pack before it changed??
    I ordered the sticker pack on day 1. I'm curious as to what I get now. I liked the "Used to Stand for Something" sticker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe the changes to the nin.com are something. Album descriptions for YZ, Hesitation Marks, and seem to hint at something. Also the pic for the music section seems new. Has anyone checked those catalogue numbers to see if they are correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I found something interesting, it may be nothing, but check this out.

In the top right corner there is a mark on ADD VIOLENCE that can be seen in the bottom right corner of NTAE. Let me know what you guys think! I think I might have found something interesting.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentKliner View Post
    In the top right corner there is a mark on ADD VIOLENCE that can be seen in the bottom right corner of NTAE. Let me know what you guys think! I think I might have found something interesting.
    Huh, that's interesting, you're absolutely right. I'd say it's the designer using the same layer from NTAE to overlay ADD VIOLENCE with a dirt and scratches effect.

Last edited by acidpits; 07-22-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Man I'm listening to Year Zero right now and it suuuure sounds like the story takes place inside a simulation, with the Presence being the ones are overlooking the "experiment."

"And the longing that you feel
    You know none of this is real"

" And all we ever were
    Just zeros and ones"

"Try to speak as clearly as you can
    You know everything gets written down
    Nod your head
    Just in case they could be watching
    With their shiny satellites"
    Might take some convincing
    For you to see the truth
    There are so many things
    We've got in store for you
    "

Perhaps NTAE and AV are from the perspective of somebody in this YZ simulation somehow making it out into the real world. There is a lot of talk of 'assimilation" in YZ so perhaps this person is several consciences inside one body - which jives with a lot of the lyrics on the new EP where the narrator is describing himself being "you" and "you" being himself and whatnot. A bleeding-through of minds.

Another thought. In several songs on Year Zero, the planet 'Earth' is referred to as 'her.' With that in mind, some of the lyrics in She's Gone Away seem like that's the "she" in question - particularly "I was watching on the day She did."

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think someone found the same design in the loop at the end of The Background World after running it through a spectrogram.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryG View Post
    I think someone found the same design in the loop at the end of The Background World after running it through a spectrogram.
    If it's those little triangular teeth type marks... like saw blades? If it is those are being discussed in the ARG thread

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If it's those little triangular teeth type marks... like saw blades? If it is those are being discussed in the ARG thread
    Yeah, this was like the very first thing discussed when the album art dropped. Nothing to see here, folks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, this was like the very first thing discussed when the album art dropped. Nothing to see here, folks.
    I wouldn;t say nothing to see, I'm fairly sure there is something to see; we just haven't figured it out (or lack the pieces necessary to do so). </endpedantmode>

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malashaan View Post
    I wouldn;t say nothing to see, I'm fairly sure there is something to see; we just haven't figured it out (or lack the pieces necessary to do so). </endpedantmode>
    Indeed. I meant nothing new to see. Nothing that requires its own thread. Definitely seems like those symbols will be significant sooner or later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookah420666 View Post
    Apologies for not backtracking to check but as anyone pieced together the noise in between the record skips on TBW
    Anyone try this yet through the spectro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRanged691 View Post
    Still though, if it were the government they wouldn't even be using a thin paper pamphlet that could easily be lost or damaged. That pamphlet would have been scanned into a computer and, at the very least reprinted if not printed and bound into something sturdier.
    I work for the government (well state government) believe me they are all about saving money and cutting corners and in a dystopian future they may not have the ability anymore. Maybe some event has wiped out modern day computers and analog is all that is left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    I just said ''what the fuck aloud'' My wife says ''whats wrong'' I tell her about this post. she says ''I think Trents off his medication'' lol

Naw he has this stuff posted on nin.com and then comes here and watches us trying to figure it out and presto instant, free, entertainment from the NINies

EDIT: Sorry for 3 posts in a row, was just getting caught up from the past day.
    Last edited by Theodora; 07-22-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    seems to me if this is truly referencing the world of the Year Zero ARG then all the websites would/should be back up, yet they aren't

regardless this is exciting! I'm an old school NIN fan who lost touch after AAAAWITHAAAATEEETHAAAAH and came back around the time of The Slip, so I missed it but thoroughly enjoyed learning about the world of Year Zero after the fact.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I keep on seeing this one being mentioned but haven't seen anyone point this out yet:
    The marks look like distorted copies of the marks in the "Anxiety" gauge. The first group would be from .4 - .6, the gap is from .6 to the indicator, the second group is the marks after the indicator.

Also: I still don't believe there's an ARG to be found.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I couldn't find who originally mentioned it here, but someone reminded us that the Null Corporation YT page has some references to Thermographic paint, and by references I mean they have a playlist about them. I just wanted to remind people of this so we have more techuniqes at are disposal when the Vinyls and PCs arrive. One of the videos even shows it being used on an a Muse LP cover.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    There's 100% not words or letters in that video. You can change the playback speed on youtube if you want to check.
    Does anyone here have expertise or know someone who can help with deciphering the video? Someone who understands video scramble and other encoding? I'd think a pro could size it up and recognize what technique is being used.
    kind of like when an audio tape it analyzed and cleaned up in crime investigation to identify the speaker and what's being said