Page 125 of 181 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

spent most of my daying today cleaning up our guest room and completely re-arranging everything now that our friend jon moved out and bought our extra bed. turned it into a gaming & exercise room!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Jesus H. Christ, Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva just broke a record in the short program and not only that, it's to the theme of "death." Heh, she can't get any more awesome.

https://deadspin.com/the-theme-of-ru...-pr-1822909838

(edit: The music is Nocturne in C-sharp Minor by Chopin. performed by violinist Joshua Bell)
    Last edited by allegro; 02-11-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    [insert joke about cocker spaniels]

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my friend/main musical collaborator/vocalist nina sent me stuff for a song today that was so good that i literally cried half the time i was working on mixing it. hands down her best vocal performance on any of my music, ever.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If you're single, don't waste your time obsessing about how much you hate Valentine's Day. Spend time with your parents. They won't be around forever. Go to the gym. Read a good book. Do some painting or drawing. Watch your favorite band's concert on youtube. Try out a new food or recipe. Listen to metal albums while you crank up your heating pad. Do something. Anything but feeling sorry for yourself.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i've only really cooked a few times in my life.
    but i'm tired of only eating processed food and such, so i bought a few pounds of chicken breasts and packs of seasoning that came with a recipe, and i just went for it.
    And it came out fucking GREAT! Also, i really enjoyed the feeling of doing it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    cold leftover pizza for breakfast.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    oh man, I LOVE leftover pizza but I like the texture it gets when microwaved.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i can't do cold pizza. i reheat it a little in the microwave and then the rest of the time in the toaster oven to re-crisp it and it usually works perfectly.

unrelated - i found and returned an old lady's wallet today. she was adorable and gave me a hug...but also kept thanking god for watching over her and sending me, which completely negates the fact that i'm a good person who did that of my own free will...so kind of a mixed bag :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    oh man, I LOVE leftover pizza but I like the texture it gets when microwaved.
    I know this is the cheer you up thread but I hate the microwave. I rarely use it. It makes food taste like shit.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    The microwave.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just saw that @Victor Newman is a member here and i fucking laughed, that's the name of a character in one of my Mom's soaps.

Made my day, i needed that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    after all the shit we've been dealing with at our apartment lately (see the "how fucked was your day" thread), we decided to move. we spent all weekend looking at apartments, but ended up settling on the first place we looked at saturday morning. it's three blocks northeast of where we live now and it's slightly smaller, but it's all updated and not falling apart in the slightest. the kitchen has new SS appliances, the neighbors are friendly, and it's a first-floor walk-up (instead of third floor, like our current place). there's also a storage space in the brightly lit and not creepy basement, which is also where everyone keeps their bikes. and there's a bernese mountain dog who lives on the second floor!

we applied for it last night and heard back this morning that we got approved! so we'll be moving from april 1st to the 10th (new lease starts the 1st, old one ends the 10th) which is nice because it gives us time instead of having to do everything in one day. and we're definitely hiring a moving company.

anyway, it'll be nice to move into a place where we can be comfortable and not worry. i just hope the cats are ok with it

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    have a phone interview with Jellyvision this morning. i applied for a job there last year, but it was a full-time, permanent position, and my cover letter (having re-read it) was...pretty negative. this time it's for a (paid, full-time) apprenticeship position that only lasts a few months (but could potentially lead to a permanent position), and i reworked my cover letter so that it's fun and upbeat and makes a couple dumb jokes (they're all about dumb jokes at Jellyvision). and the best part is that this time, my friend alex (who works there) didn't have to ask them to give me a phone interview, they just asked me for one.

about 90 minutes until they call. i'm nervous but excited.

also, i couldn't find the work/job thread...i know we have one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    have a phone interview with Jellyvision this morning. i applied for a job there last year, but it was a full-time, permanent position, and my cover letter (having re-read it) was...pretty negative. this time it's for a (paid, full-time) apprenticeship position that only lasts a few months (but could potentially lead to a permanent position), and i reworked my cover letter so that it's fun and upbeat and makes a couple dumb jokes (they're all about dumb jokes at Jellyvision). and the best part is that this time, my friend alex (who works there) didn't have to ask them to give me a phone interview, they just asked me for one.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i think it went well! i tried to stay really positive and talked about wanting a job that is intellectually stimulating and emotionally fulfilling (they have software called ALEX that helps companies distribute insurance benefits to their employees in a fun and interactive way), and i made a few jokes that actually got some laughs!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    We are about to land my DREAM commencement speaker, and I am just overjoyed. On the Student Association, we put aside 16k for a speaker because we want it to be special and memorable. This person is only charging 10k, but our Dean didn't like that price tag, even though we have WAY MORE than that allocated. I went and argued with him yesterday, and now we are officially making an offer to the speaker.

Plz send ur prayers 4 me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    We are about to land my DREAM commencement speaker, and I am just overjoyed. On the Student Association, we put aside 16k for a speaker because we want it to be special and memorable. This person is only charging 10k, but our Dean didn't like that price tag, even though we have WAY MORE than that allocated. I went and argued with him yesterday, and now we are officially making an offer to the speaker.

Plz send ur prayers 4 me.
    Good luck! Hope all goes well!!!!!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    boyfriend got me a wooden watch from wish.com. it's pretty dope. won't expect it to last forever, but i dig it. from bobo bird, less than $20.

luv u wish.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Buying a new car and just feeling aaaaall of my transportation and car-related issues WASH. THE FUCK. AWAAAAY!

I can actually go places and do things. I can see my family more than once every 3 months. I don't have to drop at least $200 any time I NEED a car for one day. Fuck. Such a relief after the past year.

It's a 2013 Kia Soul Exclaim and so far I couldn't be happier with it. (Minus having to buy a special cord to use my iPhone6s in an 2013 car, but that's $8, so...)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Arriving home earlier due to unexpected changes to express routes on public transit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thai Ice Tea. After a somewhat bummed day, I needed a picker upper.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Meet Marlon Bundo, a lonely bunny who lives with his Grampa, the Vice President of the United States. But when Marlon meets Wesley and falls in love, his life changes forever.

i wasn't prepared to cry this morning while watching last week tonight, but i think i needed it.

nice to know that, with all the horrible shit happening, there are still people trying to do good things.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I found out that I got the job I applied for. It's only three miles from my house and WA is income-tax free so I get a 9.8% pay raise just from that.

Also I leave my boss and his insanity behind. I mean, when he said he wrote me a reference he said, "And you're lucky I'm writing it now because six months ago I wouldn't have written you one at all."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i've been worrying about how i'm going t afford to move (my current place is...difficult) i was planning on having enough by summer if i lived without...well anything.

I come home this evening to find my credit card company has realized i was paying too much for my PPI (this was going on for nearly a year and i didn't expect anything to come from it) and given me a refund...of over £3,000

This has cheered me up a bit (a lot, i can afford to move AND not be poor)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I never thought this happened in real life. Congrats!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I loved watching the Olympics on the Roku box: watching them at our leisure, we were able, for the first time, to see EVERY event. It was like all we did for a couple of weeks.

Well, I miss watching them and it turns out that ALL events are still on the NBC Olympic roku channel.
    So I'm watching me some fucking Skeleton this morning

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    *poot*

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    *poot*
    Yes. Leaving this surprise in for us annually is the bestest idea.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Yes. Leaving this surprise in for us annually is the bestest idea.
    one year i couldn't figure out what it was and didn't realize it was coming from the computer, and i thought it was something paranormal and got really scared.