Page 51 of 137 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    As much as it helped the hype for this movie, part of me still wishes they'd kept Hulk's involvement a surprise. That would've been one HELL of a reason to get people to spread word of mouth about this movie (even more than they are now - I haven't shut up about it since seeing it). Casting as a whole was handled perfectly, and the dialog was spot on between nearly any given characters on screen. Even the villains were handled with a certain sense of "whimsical" evil that didn't take itself too seriously. Really lent itself into the comedic tone of the movie and kept things dramatic and fun without trying to inflate its place in the in the MCU in the lead-up to Infinity War (NEXT YEAR. After BLACK FUCKIN' PANTHER).

"'Whoever I am?' Have you listened to a SINGLE word I've been saying?"

Also, I didn't realize Waititi was Korg! I really thought that he sounded more like a very quaint-sounding Rhys Darby.

One question I do have, being relatively unfamiliar with Marvel outside of the cinematic universe. So then, is Hela, the goddess of death, different from the Lady Death character that I've heard about from the comics? The one that Thanos is obsessed with? Is that something that's being completely ignored in regards to the films, or being kept in the back pocket for Infinity War?

I need to read more of these comics. Especially after reading bobbie's post.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    One question I do have, being relatively unfamiliar with Marvel outside of the cinematic universe. So then, is Hela, the goddess of death, different from the Lady Death character that I've heard about from the comics? The one that Thanos is obsessed with? Is that something that's being completely ignored in regards to the films, or being kept in the back pocket for Infinity War?

I need to read more of these comics. Especially after reading bobbie's post.
    Thanks...yes, read more comics please! The industry is slowing dying.

Hela & Death are different characters. Lady Death:

Lady Death, sometimes referred to simply as Death, is a Marvel Comics super-being and the personification of death: although she is seldom seen and rarely speaks she has been known to manipulate and interfere with mortals on a few occassions
    She's more of a god/apparition/omnipotent being than an actual flesh and blood person, similar to Eternity. Hela and the other powered Asgardians are more like demi-gods that actually live & breath.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Fan poster? I love that Stan Lee makes a cameo.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently official...Reynolds just tweeted this out as well:

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/...93460814778369

Same kinda theme.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Fan poster? I love that Stan Lee makes a cameo.
    I love that the sheer shittiness of the Photoshop makes you think fan poster.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

"You'll go crazy for D's Nuts - p. 16D"

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Thanks...yes, read more comics please! The industry is slowing dying.

Hela & Death are different characters. Lady Death:

She's more of a god/apparition/omnipotent being than an actual flesh and blood person, similar to Eternity. Hela and the other powered Asgardians are more like demi-gods that actually live & breath.
    The industry is not dying, not making as much as they were. They are stll selling books, DC is going strong, and I am not sure about marvel since I cannot afford 4.99 a book.

Now the state of the comic store, yes that is possibly dying out. But My local one is still going strong. They kinda split it into half comic store half figurine gaming store. They hold events and every Wed., there seems to be people there.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the key word was slowly I guess. It's not going anywhere any time soon. But the current model cannot stand. The print side is suffering greatly, and $5 & up single issue floppies are seemingly the breaking point for most fans. Can't justify $4 floppies when you're generally done reading one in ten minutes. I luckily get pretty good discounts on what I read, some at 50% off and others at 20%.

Until we consistently can see the actual digital numbers for Marvel, DC, Image AND the small print houses, we can't fully tell how things will move forward as the print side becomes unsustainable. They will need to find a way to get that per issue price down to around $2 imo if they want that part to thrive.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The Marvel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    the key word was slowly I guess. It's not going anywhere any time soon. But the current model cannot stand. The print side is suffering greatly, and $5 & up single issue floppies are seemingly the breaking point for most fans. Can't justify $4 floppies when you're generally done reading one in ten minutes. I luckily get pretty good discounts on what I read, some at 50% off and others at 20%.

Until we consistently can see the actual digital numbers for Marvel, DC, Image AND the small print houses, we can't fully tell how things will move forward as the print side becomes unsustainable. They will need to find a way to get that per issue price down to around $2 imo if they want that part to thrive.
    I️ feel you, I really want to pick up marvel books, but at 5 pop, I️ can’t cough up that much for them. My pull list was all rebirth and I️ had to cut down as 2 bi monthly issues was starting to add up. I️ now only main Superman/ action. Aquaman, and Batman.

If I were still a pot smoking single and not a father of three, I’d probably be bowing my money on insane amount of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw Thor: Ragnarok earlier this morning as I really enjoyed it as it's my favorite film about Thor as well as it's now in my sixth favorite film of the MCU so far. Having seen a couple of Waititi's previous features. I found the humor in this film to be refreshing for the series as well as going into some deeper territory as it relates to loss but also coping with Odin's sins for his failings as a father to both Thor and Loki.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I️ feel you, I really want to pick up marvel books, but at 5 pop, I️ can’t cough up that much for them. My pull list was all rebirth and I️ had to cut down as 2 bi monthly issues was starting to add up. I️ now only main Superman/ action. Aquaman, and Batman.

If I were still a pot smoking single and not a father of three, I’d probably be bowing my money on insane amount of issues.
    monthly singles I get:

Batman
    2nd Batman/TMNT mini (starts next month)
    Daredevil
    Dr. Strange
    X-Men Gold
    Defenders
    Descender
    Royal City
    Sex Criminals
    Black Hammer
    Copperhead
    Dying & The Dead
    Sherlock Frankenstein mini

And I read Walking Dead, Invincible (soon to be R.I.P.), Low, East of West, Bone & Seven To Eternity in trade.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Worth pointing out that many Comic shops around me now are split on geek culture items (models, toys, clothes etc) and comics and that seem's to be keeping them in business. Hell i go to Forbidden Planet every month and no matter what day or time it's always packed...although it helps it's in central London.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Rewatched some of the MCU to get myself in shape for Ragnarok and I have to confess that The Avengers didn't age very well IMHO. Then again the only movie that did so of Phase One is Iron Man itself. So for me it's quite the opposite of what some people say as I do believe these movies only get better with a few stinkers to hold us over for the really big ones.

Loving what I read so far from Thor though as he always was the most mediocre part of the MCU for me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

<3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The design on his vest is making my eye twitch.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So fucking good.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Never been a fan of that Bob Ross jokes, but the small glimpses we see from the movie look really promising. Hope we get a proper trailer the next days.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was thinking this morning: Thor 3 would have been a very different movie if Ed Norton was still involved. Hell, all of the movies would have a different tone if he was still around.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That Deadpool trailer was everything i hoped it would be. Holy Fuck Knuckles

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally finished the defenders. it was...fine? iron fist is such a whiny baby. is that what he's like in the comics? he was the worst part of his own show and the worst part of this show. it's really a big blemish on the otherwise awesome marvel netflix sub-section. looking forward to checking out the punisher.

has anyone started runaways yet? was thinking of doing that before the punisher (i know it's part of the x-men universe in terms of franchises).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    James Gunn tweets link to the extended Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 script online:
    http://waltdisneystudiosawards.com/m...ipts/GotG2.pdf

NME:
    http://www.nme.com/news/guardians-ga...online-2162548

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    wow. Is it usual for a script to read like a comic book? and I'm not saying that like it's a comic book movie, ha ha meta, I'm talking about the random all caps words like comics do.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    In the 1st episode of Runways, who is the person hooked up to the machine in the church? Are they in the comics too?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Bravo with Ragnarok!! I was engulfed from the opening scene along with the consistent and well placed comedy. I was a bit surprised when I read that Waititi said the dialogue was 80% improvised because you can definitely get a sense that a lot for sure, but 80% seems a bit high. Story arcs were resolved, the shots here were just beautiful to look at, colorful... it was something the universe needed for sure with the lightheartedness that surrounded it. Seeing the other side of Hulk was pretty damn funny to watch, and the entire cast did a fabulous job along with the director himself who voiced my favorite character Korg. Great stuff all around here and go see this if you still can!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^

Those are fantastic. But what the heck is going on with Hawkeye's hair?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)