Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1516

Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    That looks awesome! See, something as simple as that would have made this a worthy $80 set.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    A guide on how to DIY?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    A guide on how to DIY?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Out of curiosity, what measurements did you get those printed in? 12" x 12"?
    Put the original .pdf on a thumb drive, handed it over to FedEx dude. Looked at paper types and binding options, went with CC2 (87 lbs., glossy paper) and Velo binding (I wanted them to just staple it like a magazine, but at the size I wanted, they said they couldn't).
    15 pages, double-sided, full color, 11" x 11". Took ten minutes to print, I looked over the prints (beautiful), then they took another five minutes to bind it. Fits in the gatefold and feels substantial.
    In reality, it looks and feels like the Fragility 2.0 or With Teeth tour books, but the paper is a bit heavier.

Yes, it was obnoxious paying more than the price of Deviations for the art book that should have come WITH Deviations, but now that it's done, I am incredibly happy with it and the matter is put to bed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Put the original .pdf on a thumb drive, handed it over to FedEx dude. Looked at paper types and binding options, went with CC2 (87 lbs., glossy paper) and Velo binding (I wanted them to just staple it like a magazine, but at the size I wanted, they said they couldn't).
    15 pages, double-sided, full color, 11" x 11". Took ten minutes to print, I looked over the prints (beautiful), then they took another five minutes to bind it. Fits in the gatefold and feels substantial.
    In reality, it looks and feels like the Fragility 2.0 or With Teeth tour books, but the paper is a bit heavier.

Yes, it was obnoxious paying more than the price of Deviations for the art book that should have come WITH Deviations, but now that it's done, I am incredibly happy with it and the matter is put to bed.

I know someone that works at a printing shop...totally just sent an email asking if I can get this done.

Any reason you didn't stick with 12x12? (original size in doc) I imagine a binding of that many pages in that size may not fit as well into the existing packaging though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Replacement arrived today - first had mild warping to vinyls, a little crease, and the glue came apart. Came very well protected this time, but just annoying that they still managed to damage it, looks like something went into it causeing a dent, before packing. Some wouldn't care, some are more fussy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Got my copy. Arrived in pristine condition. No complaints. Thanks Sandbag.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I know someone that works at a printing shop...totally just sent an email asking if I can get this done.

Any reason you didn't stick with 12x12? (original size in doc) I imagine a binding of that many pages in that size may not fit as well into the existing packaging though.
    The jacket is 12 x 12 and the standard size for a record booklet is 11 x 11 so it fits inside. There are one or two pages where just the very edge was trimmed down, but it's barely noticeable. If you're printing this to go on a shelve next to your other NIN books, I'd say go 12 x 12, but if you want it to be a part of the Deviations package, 11 x 11 worked perfectly for me. You could split the difference and go 11.5 X 11.5 I suppose...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The jacket is 12 x 12 and the standard size for a record booklet is 11 x 11 so it fits inside. There are one or two pages where just the very edge was trimmed down, but it's barely noticeable. If you're printing this to go on a shelve next to your other NIN books, I'd say go 12 x 12, but if you want it to be a part of the Deviations package, 11 x 11 worked perfectly for me. You could split the difference and go 11.5 X 11.5 I suppose...
    printing to fit 11x11 is a LOT cheaper than 12x12 because of the paper size you have to start with. i know because when i did a kickstarter a few years ago for my 7" EP, one of the rewards was a print of the cover art for the album i was putting out at the same time. i was originally going to do 12x12 but it was almost twice as expensive, so i went for 11x11.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I had a strange dream last night where I got a package in the mail that I assumed it was a replacement for my damaged slipcase. It turns out it was a package from nin.com that ended up being a thick cardboard slipcase with the deviations cover on it with a art book with all the artwork from the PDF as well as additional photos and commentary about the recording process as well. It also had room in the slip case for the deviations record to be slid into to "complete" the package.

There was also a printed piece of paper included that looked like it was from a typewriter explaining that The Fragile era was a very frustrating, confusing and trying time for him and he hoped to be able to convey that feeling upon the audience that purchased the deviations packaging and that's why it was delivered the way it was.

So that's weird

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    mine came in today. it was wrapped in double cardboard. bubble wrap and foam corner protectors.

officially the most well protected vinyl I've ever received.

and It was in perfect condition.

Im not going to join in on bitching about lack of content. because I'm just happy to finally have this amazing sounding record. Maybe it was priced a little high. but whatevs.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Finally getting a chance to listen to Deviations on vinyl tonight, while basking in the wonderful ARG glow all around us. This is definitely a super nice-sounding recording. I am quite pleased - disappointed that the packaging was so minimal, but given the vinyl itself I'm happy. Was lucky enough to only have a minor ding on one of the corners, of the sort I'm likely to inadvertantly create myself, so I got lucky in that regard as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Fragile deviations 2

FRAGILE DEVIATIONS 2

Forgive me if someone has written about this before, but YouTube has Fragile Devitions 2 (Full Album) published by user 'NineInchNailsAlbums' from 25 April this year.
    It appears to merge Fragile (with vocals) + extra tracks that were on deviations (minus "No You Don't") (plus "This Is How All Begins" plus "10 Miles High (Alternate Version)" plus "And All That Could Have Been (Alternate Version)")

Last edited by afors; 07-19-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    It's just another watch/subscriber-grab. There are literally dozens of these (Full Album) compilations on YT, compiled of tracks available elsewhere.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    FRAGILE DEVIATIONS 2

Forgive me if someone has written about this before, but YouTube has Fragile Devitions 2 (Full Album) published by user 'NineInchNailsAlbums' from 25 April this year.
    It appears to merge Fragile (with vocals) + extra tracks that were on deviations (minus "No You Don't") (plus "This Is How All Begins" plus "10 Miles High (Alternate Version)" plus "And All That Could Have Been (Alternate Version)")

making a vocal version of somewhat damaged with the synth stuff at the end alone makes this video worth it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    It's just another watch/subscriber-grab. There are literally dozens of these (Full Album) compilations on YT, compiled of tracks available elsewhere.
    ok, thanks, wasn't sure.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Which one of you dudes here at ETS is this guy? Elevenism? Sheepdean?

You've seriously never heard Niggy Tardust? Come on..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Which one of you dudes here at ETS is this guy? Elevenism? Sheepdean?

You've seriously never heard Niggy Tardust? Come on..
    it's definitely not either of them, because a) i know what they look like and b) they both like saul quite a bit, if i remember correctly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Seriously considering making a double CD set out of this one, most CD duplication/manufacturing websites will manufacture 50 to 100 minimum, I found this website that will do 25 (wallet style digipack) and another one that will manufacture as low as just one, plastic jewels case though and for roughly $30/$35 depending on the number of pages in the booklet.
    that's a bit pricey for an unofficial double CD set but really tempting

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So I stole the same idea as @paul_guyet and I did a thing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW2_53dARgF/

Printing process was different for me though. Found a place that had a big enough printer, and was able to get a staple binding, 100lb silk text, 12x12. Turned out awesome!

The only issue with it, is when you fold that much paper in half, it causes the edge of the book to not be flat, and requires a slight trim of the edges to clean it up. Which caused this on two pages:

http://i.imgur.com/ksjuKg3.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/UnO4HSW.jpg

but other than that, turned out perfect!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost?
    I can't give an accurate cost on it, because I actually knew the guy at the shop! and he gave me his employee discount for it. Only cost me $20

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So I stole the same idea as @paul_guyet and I did a thing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW2_53dARgF/

Printing process was different for me though. Found a place that had a big enough printer, and was able to get a staple binding, 100lb silk text, 12x12. Turned out awesome!

The only issue with it, is when you fold that much paper in half, it causes the edge of the book to not be flat, and requires a slight trim of the edges to clean it up. Which caused this on two pages:

http://i.imgur.com/ksjuKg3.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/UnO4HSW.jpg

but other than that, turned out perfect!
    I had the exact same thing happen with those two pages. Otherwise, looks awesome! Good stuff!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Seriously considering making a double CD set out of this one, most CD duplication/manufacturing websites will manufacture 50 to 100 minimum, I found this website that will do 25 (wallet style digipack) and another one that will manufacture as low as just one, plastic jewels case though and for roughly $30/$35 depending on the number of pages in the booklet.
    that's a bit pricey for an unofficial double CD set but really tempting
    If you're in the US, I highly suggest nationwidedisc.com for pressing CDs. Duplication is cheaper and smaller numbers. I used them twice for my own albums and they were amazing.

You can do 25 double CDs in a 4 panel eco-wallet (be like a CD sized double gatefold) for $190. A 24 page booklet brings it $280, but it would be floating free inside. Eco-wallets also help save on shipping since they do not contain any plastic like a digipack or jewel case thus lighter in weight.

A 6 panel eco-wallet & 24 page booklet with pockets on each panel for the 2CDs and booklet comes to $345.

A 4 panel double CD digipack is $286, no booklet.

A 6 panel digipack with a slit to hold the 24 page booklet on the center panel is $525.

Replication is much more expensive because they press the CDs from a glass master instead of duplication which is more like a CD-R. Replication requires a much larger order.

I've done a 1000x 4 panel digipack CD replication and a 100x 4 panel eco-wallet duplication with them, both came out amazing.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-22-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Lets see pics of your albums
    Here's my most recent album Disrupt The Scene as a 6 panel eco-wallet, which features collaborations with different lyricists and vocalists...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BDGm6j1wIZY/

P.S. if you're into aggressive electronic music that incorporates elements of hip hop and rock, you can find me on Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, and digital stores if you search for Neorev...
    Last edited by neorev; 07-22-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Lets see pics of your albums
    And here's my Lines & Shapes 4 panel digipack pressed back in 2009. This is my first album album and more of an homage to old school warehouse rave and breaks music I grew up on in the early 90s.

Outside
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BW3dV18DIL9/

Inside
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BW3db1djueJ/
    Last edited by neorev; 07-22-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    If you're in the US, I highly suggest nationwidedisc.com for pressing CDs. Duplication is cheaper and smaller numbers. I used them twice for my own albums and they were amazing.

You can do 25 double CDs in a 4 panel eco-wallet (be like a CD sized double gatefold) for $190. A 24 page booklet brings it $280, but it would be floating free inside. Eco-wallets also help save on shipping since they do not contain any plastic like a digipack or jewel case thus lighter in weight.

A 6 panel eco-wallet & 24 page booklet with pockets on each panel for the 2CDs and booklet comes to $345.

A 4 panel double CD digipack is $286, no booklet.

A 6 panel digipack with a slit to hold the 24 page booklet on the center panel is $525.

Replication is much more expensive because they press the CDs from a glass master instead of duplication which is more like a CD-R. Replication requires a much larger order.

I've done a 1000x 4 panel digipack CD replication and a 100x 4 panel eco-wallet duplication with them, both came out amazing.
    Thanks for your suggestions, that solution is definitely cheaper than what I found, i was actually thinking of going the eco-wallet route indeed, no booklet (as is the case for the vinyl), there isn't much liner notes on it anyways. Guess I need to find a way to unload the 20+ extra copies now

Or else I was thinking of doing a mix of kinkos for the cover + kunaki printed blanks for the CDs

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions, that solution is definitely cheaper than what I found, i was actually thinking of going the eco-wallet route indeed, no booklet (as is the case for the vinyl), there isn't much liner notes on it anyways. Guess I need to find a way to unload the 20+ extra copies now

Or else I was thinking of doing a mix of kinkos for the cover + kunaki printed blanks for the CDs
    Yeah, I did research back in the day when I wanted to press CDs. Nationwide was and still is by far the cheapest place I found.

Just need 24 other people willing to drop $10 for a 2 disc set.

I personally like the wallet, it feels like a mini-vinyl. Nationwide also has options for posters. Perhaps take the some of the PDF art and make a collage poster.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-22-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Yeah, I did research back in the day when I wanted to press CDs. Nationwide was and still is by far the cheapest place I found.

Just need 24 other people willing to drop $10 for a 2 disc set.

I personally like the wallet, it feels like a mini-vinyl. Nationwide also has options for posters. Perhaps take the some of the PDF art and make a collage poster.
    Will they make CDs with music you don't own?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Will they make CDs with music you don't own?
    I'm not sure about that. Worst case, you can have them just print the art with possibly blank discs for you to burn yourself. Might be a possible way around that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think a 6 panel wallet would work better. More artwork you can use. I'm actually messing with the PDF art to see if I can come up with a cool layout for fun.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    An idea, if this is possible and to help avoid the printing company giving any issues, we could possibly see if they'll just to do all of the artwork. They could do the art on blank CDs and people can just burn their own files. It may even save more money if they don't have to actually press the music data.