Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Pure speculation - nine inch nails and smashing pumpkins co-headline a North American amphitheater tour from late August through late September. Possible? Not the ideal situation, but I was reading about the countdown on the smashing pumpkins website and I know they are supposedly re-uniting most of the original lineup. The co-headline amphitheater thing popped in my head because of 2014 soundgarden tour.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 02-10-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Pure speculation - nine inch nails and smashing pumpkins co-headline a North American amphitheater tour from late August through late September. Possible? Not the ideal situation, but I was reading about the countdown on the smashing pumpkins website and I know they are supposedly re-uniting most of the original lineup. The co-headline amphitheater thing popped in my head because of 2014 soundgarden tour.
    Super unlikely to see anything other than occasional NIN tour dates this year after school is back from summer break (early September-ish). My hunch is that they are keen to stay home with the kids this year, though I could be wrong.
    Last edited by botley; 02-10-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    nin is never going to co-headline a tour with the smashing pumpkins.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Agreed. That shit will never happen. I ain't spending money on seeing a band that I want to see and then leave to see a band that isn't firing on all cylinders.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wo thinks the US dates begin right after Japan?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This won't happen anytime soon. Pumpkins will be able to headline their own arena/amphitheatre tours for a while with the "reunited" lineup. That being said, I could easily see these two bands tour together in a few years and play venues at that level. Money talks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    If there is going to be a proper US tour, I think it will be right afterwards. TR probably doesn’t want to drag this out throughout the entire year. Although, If there is no proper tour then maybe a couple festival shows (ACL, voodoo) are a possibility. Or maybe no US shows at all? I could have sworn he said something about doing US shows in 2018.

There is still a chance from mid May to mid June, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    This won't happen anytime soon. Pumpkins will be able to headline their own arena/amphitheatre tours for a while with the "reunited" lineup. That being said, I could easily see these two bands tour together in a few years and play venues at that level. Money talks.
    Good point. TR did the co-headliner opening janes addiction thing out of respect and I don’t think he would have that same respect for the smashing pumpkins. Obviously the SP aren’t going to come back re-united and want to go on stage before nin. Maybe in a few years after the SP reunion thing has faded, SP would be more willing to be the co-headlining opener.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 02-11-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And Hole would be the opening band.
    Get real, people. This ain't happening, not with these two bands.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    And Hole would be the opening band.
    Get real, people. This ain't happening, not with these two bands.
    When I found out about the soundgarden tour back in 2014, i figured just about anything was possible. Well, except for Hole.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Want to talk about things that will never happen? NIN/Marilyn Manson/Jim Rose Circus V2.0 - 2018-2019 tour lol.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I think Australia will happen either before or after Japan.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Want to talk about things that will never happen? NIN/Marilyn Manson/Jim Rose Circus V2.0 - 2018-2019 tour lol.
    Manson and TR have been on much better terms recently

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    They have. But I still can't see Trent wanting to go on a full blown co-headining tour with Manson at this point in his career. Who knows, stranger things have happened I guess.

I could maybe see a 1-off "night of nothing" type show where they get all those classic bands again for 1 anniversary show, but I don't ever see both bands going on tour together. There is too much at stake for TR's career to be messing around with touring with Manson at this point.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    you guys are insane. nin is never going to tour or do a one-off show with marilyn dumb fuck manson again. sheesh!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    you guys are insane. nin is never going to tour or do a one-off show with marilyn dumb fuck manson again. sheesh!
    Thank you!!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    At this point, knowing how Manson's live shows are, I wouldn't want him to.
    Maybe back in the day, but not anymore.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    At this point, knowing how Manson's live shows are, I wouldn't want him to.
    Maybe back in the day, but not anymore.
    Exactly. The only way I could see it ever happening again is if Manson got sober and actually took his live shows seriously again, but that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Exactly. The only way I could see it ever happening again is if Manson got sober and actually took his live shows seriously again, but that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon.
    Funny thing is, he actually claims he's been sober since his dad died. But I call BS on that. His live shows do not back this statement up at all.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    hahaha ... um, anyone else see the yt vid of him trying to (ahem) "sing" with his pants around his ankles? it was just a few weeks ago.

yeah, sober as day.

on topic, i think st. vincent would be a great opening act.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was wondering if we were waiting on an announcement for Reading / Leeds for a UK show, but a line-up has been released this morning and no sign of anyone good, let alone any Nine Inch Nails. I'm glad because this means they might be doing something better instead, but left wondering what the delay is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    I was wondering if we were waiting on an announcement for Reading / Leeds for a UK show, but a line-up has been released this morning and no sign of anyone good, let alone any Nine Inch Nails. I'm glad because this means they might be doing something better instead, but left wondering what the delay is.
    Thank fudge for that! I'm glad i was wrong, man that line is just...wow, underwhelming doesn't even cover it! (Fun Fact i saw Fall Out Boy my one and only time at Reading 2007 and they were one of the worst bands i've EVER seen live...but they did allow me to get right to the front and dead centre for NIN so there is that)

Now that all the big festivals left have been announced...unless there's one we're all missing, looks like we'll just get some regular shows this year, which is awesome!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Wow, that lineup for Reading/Leeds might single-handedly be the worst lineup I have ever seen in my life. Glad NIN has distanced themselves from that.
    There are weak lineups, but this takes the cake.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Are any of these festivals going to be streamed?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    They have. But I still can't see Trent wanting to go on a full blown co-headining tour with Manson at this point in his career. Who knows, stranger things have happened I guess.

I could maybe see a 1-off "night of nothing" type show where they get all those classic bands again for 1 anniversary show, but I don't ever see both bands going on tour together. There is too much at stake for TR's career to be messing around with touring with Manson at this point.
    I doubt at this point Manson is big enough to be a co-headliner with NIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't see NIN and Manson ever touring again together. Manson's shows are back to being utter garbage, unfortunately.

As a side note, I'd love NIN to do a 3/4 night residency in London (much like The National did last year), maybe somewhere like the Apollo/Brixton/Roundhouse. But then, I'm biased as I live in London!

However, (a) I doubt they'd be able to fill a larger venue four nights in a row and (b) would be a shame if it took dates away from the rest of the UK...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldOnFire View Post
    I can't see NIN and Manson ever touring again together. Manson's shows are back to being utter garbage, unfortunately.
    I must have missed when they stopped being utter garbage?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don't want a coheadlining tour if it can be helped. I'll take a full set and a crowd of people all into it over an abbreviated festival-length show and half of a crowd that only knows the hits. I especially would loathe the weird petty in-fighting BS that comes whenever Manson and NIN fans intersect.

It feels safe to assume at this point that we'll get another handful of US dates sometime around September/October, probably headlining a few festivals again with some solo dates mixed in. They seem to be doing a lot more solo shows this year already, so hopefully that's a good sign for the US. I don't expect a full, several weeks in a row tour, especially after the time and energy they'll be spending in Europe, but I'd love to be wrong. Any chance of a random US warm-up date feels gone at this point though. I've got the awful feeling that they'll continue the trend of announcing shows only two months or less before they happen like they did last fall, which sucked, because there were several dates I would have hit if I could have had more time to plan for them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldOnFire View Post
    However, (a) I doubt they'd be able to fill a larger venue four nights in a row and (b) would be a shame if it took dates away from the rest of the UK...
    Well they did back on the Year Zero tour, 4 nights at Brixton and 6 other UK dates. Can't see why that would've changed tbh.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Well they did back on the Year Zero tour, 4 nights at Brixton and 6 other UK dates. Can't see why that would've changed tbh.
    Haha i remember them, the first 2 dates at Brixton had people on their hands and knees in the toilets looking for USB sticks
    Was my first ever NIN show incidentally.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Yep it was 15 solo shows in the UK in total that year. Brixton Academy was the venue they had played most in the world the last time I looked it up (wouldn’t be surprised if a US venue has since overtaken though)