82 Post(s)
    Gah, the first video should have been:

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    :::like:::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What did everyone think of the Six Days to Air special?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I thought it was great, but some of the recording sessions they posted on the website, like the "shit's his britches" part wasn't included on it. I want to see it all, extended!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombielynx21 View Post
    What did everyone think of the Six Days to Air special?
    I've only seen part of it, but I really enjoyed what I saw. Any chance it might get a physical release in the near future? I'm a sucker for any sort of behind-the-scenes stuff, so I'd probably pick it up on the spot.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Agreed. I also enjoyed this season so far. I'm definitely picking it up as soon as it comes out on DVD. (Like all the other seasons, and I enjoy listening to Trey Parker's and Matt Stone's commentaries anyway.)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have such a love/hate with SP these days. Obviously I'm a fan (username & avatar,) but catching an old episode recently (the Planetarium one, aired in '98 I think) only reminded me how much it's changed. I don't think I made it through a full episode last season. The last one I really liked was the Facebook/Tron one from like 2 years ago. Guess I'm getting old. :\

That clip made me smile though. Surprised Barbrady wasn't the cop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just rewatched the Rusell Crowe episode. TUGGER!

Really looking forward to the new eps.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    I have such a love/hate with SP these days. Obviously I'm a fan (username & avatar,) but catching an old episode recently (the Planetarium one, aired in '98 I think) only reminded me how much it's changed. I don't think I made it through a full episode last season. The last one I really liked was the Facebook/Tron one from like 2 years ago. Guess I'm getting old. :\

That clip made me smile though. Surprised Barbrady wasn't the cop.
    There've been a few decent ones in the latest run, but generally speaking I think South Park's quality took a major townturn around the time Team America came out. Back then I assumed they were just burnt out making the film, but it's continued since then. I've been surprised both times they've extended their South Park contracts, as it just seems like there isn't the passion and fun put into it that there used to be.

It's still watchable and enjoyable, in my opinion, just a bit sad when you look back on how peerlessly brilliant the show used to be. Another big issue in my opinion is that Matt and Trey's voices seem flatter and more limited - in early episodes, particularly, they could make characters hilarious just through the way they voiced them. They don't have that to fall back on anymore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The show has really been that bad in your guys opinion even since Team America? I still quite enjoy nearly all of the episodes up to season 12. After that it does start to get a bit rocky for me but as Vertigo said I still enjoy watching it. There's still a few gems in the last few seasons in my opinion too like The Poor Kid, Pee, Medicinal Fried Chicken and Broadway Bro down. I would say part of why the show has declined a bit overall is because of their development schedule. They don't really have time to incubate ideas and think through the general plot and decide if the idea is worth an episode when they have to come up with the idea, write it, animate it, and voice it within a week.

As for the voice acting, I'm not sure that their voices are any more limited. It seems they just rely more on voice effects and using more voice actors than just them two and a microphone.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I would say part of why the show has declined a bit overall is because of their development schedule. They don't really have time to incubate ideas and think through the general plot and decide if the idea is worth an episode when they have to come up with the idea, write it, animate it, and voice it within a week.
    This has been the case for a very long time though - at least as long as I've been following the show closely, around 2003. I too have my doubts about whether it's the best way to develop the show, but Matt and Trey have always been adament that it's the only way they can be consistently productive.
    I don't think the show's been bad since Team America, just taken a downturn. They have at least improved their hit rate since then - for a few years after Team America, there were several runs which just had one or two decent episodes; thankfully that's not the case anymore.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "Scuse me sir, i juss hafta check ya asshole"

"yeah im a big boy"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That was an all right episode. There were some funny moments such as that line.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Remember being a fan on this show when it first started back in 1997. Finding it hilarious to see cartoon children swearing. Used to love 'The oh my god they killed Kenny' and Miss Crabtree.
    Got bored in 1998 during second season and expected the show to sink. Started watching it around 2003 having completely forgotten about it, and it was like a completely different show, could not believe how daring and funny it was and how well written and cutting it had become.
    Today I think it relies too much on Randy Marsh. He is funny. But I dont think he needs quite as much screen time.

I thought the show was at its peak around 2003-2004. Post 9/11 and during George W Bush's first term it seemed to have more anger and bile against the world to spew.
    I remember it being one of the only shows to deal with Homosexual issues and rights in a direct way. Which I always respected it for. That period may not seem like that long ago but times change quickly. 2003 seems very different in t.v world to say... 5 years later in 2008.
    The show is still brilliant. But like The Simpsons golden period was in the early to mid 90's. I think South Parks was exactly ten years later.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    This was the first episode I've watched in a long, long time. Maybe years, I'm not sure. It was ok. Made me laugh a few times (what's his name saying "I'm a big boy" killed me) but some of it felt way too forced and on the nose Spoiler: (the name "sue-ance" had me rolling my eyes, having ghosts show up in the courtroom).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not a fan of the newest episode or most of the last season...there were some good episodes in the second half but the first half was all bad if you ask me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think the latest episode was a total disaster. One of their worst ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wasnt the best season opener... not terrible. but not good either..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tried watching this show several times for the past few years. watching reruns on MyTV, watching new episodes on Comedy Central, downloading and watching season 1 on my computer and various other time periods and examples. I still don't 'get it' I guess. Show's not good or funny to me, much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new episode was fine and there was something there, although I think it quickly got old and their formula is definitely running very dry now. I agree a lot with Highly Psychological's post. I have been a big fan of the show since about 2001 and I think they're just to a point now where they've done so much and it's hard to stay fresh and original.. Hopefully they can do it and better episodes are to come in the season. Sometimes they have little slumps, actually I thought Humancentipad wasn't the greatest season opener, either, but I ended up enjoying a lot of the other episodes a lot more. Matt and Trey are very intelligent guys, in my opinion, and they usually make something that works for me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Grandpa's voice sounds a lot different now after tonight's episode. Regardless, I lold.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Bolo ties are totally gay. It was an all right episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At one of my former jobs, the season membership was a bolo tie, and they were fucking gay.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just watched last nights episode. Thought it was great. If you disagree just kill yourself. . .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It was average. There, I said it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thought it was a good episode. Laughed at the old people telling him to kill himself at the end. Those gem/jewelry shows are fucking hilarious and they spoofed them perfectly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)