Page 115 of 156 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 4655

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The thing about Cosby that pissed me off was the fact that he comes across as this holier-than-thou individual that is harmless and shit yet called out Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy for cursing in their comedy bits. What a fucking asshole.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well, YEAH, exactly, that's what Hannibel Buress was saying, too; Cosby was bitching about black people not speaking proper English or for wearing pants that hang too low, but Cosby was raping women. So he was, like, yeah, fuck off, you're a rapist.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I always preferred Richard Pryor over Cosby as I always felt Pryor's comedy came from a sense of pain and realism and be able to make it funny. He never made himself a saint as he always displayed qualities that were flawed but endearing. Eddie Murphy's comedy may have been homophobic and misogynist in the past but he never tried to be someone he wasn't. I remember the time during the L.A. riots, Cosby wanted everyone to stop rioting and watch the finale of his show. I was like "seriously?"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, and Eddie reflected the reality of his culture AT THE TIME, as well.

And his culture WAS HOMOPHOBIC AND MISOGYNIST. That's just reality.

That Murphy skit with the ice cream cone? Omg.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, and Eddie reflected the reality of his culture AT THE TIME, as well.

And his culture WAS HOMOPHOBIC AND MISOGYNIST. That's just reality.

That Murphy skit with the ice cream cone? Omg.
    Oh man, I fucking love that skit. It's a shame he's not doing stand-up anymore.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh man, I fucking love that skit. It's a shame he's not doing stand-up anymore.
    Yeah, I know, it bums me out, too. He was so damned funny.

Last edited by allegro; 04-28-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    BTW, I heard some shows have decided not to air re-runs of The Cosby Show and probably ever again. Does this mean that Cosby is going in the same way that Jimmy Savile did in Britain? For anyone who doesn't know who Savile is. He was a children's TV host as well as a host of Top of the Pops as he was considered an icon and was even knighted by the queen but a year after his death in 2011, the shit hit the fan once people learned he had sexually assaulted children. His tombstone was removed and everyone wished he'd never existed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I found something that pissed me off today.

https://amp.thisisinsider.com/girl-a...m-dress-2018-4

A fucking dress did this...good fucking lord what is going on

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I found something that pissed me off today.

https://amp.thisisinsider.com/girl-a...m-dress-2018-4

A fucking dress did this...good fucking lord what is going on
    People are getting upset over a dress? Seriously?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    People are getting upset over a dress? Seriously?
    Yup. 2018 everybody

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yup. 2018 everybody
    Fuck this stupid century.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't seem to wake up.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    BFD.

IF they can get it through the House (they can't), Trump will veto.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    BFD.

IF they can get it through the House (they can't), Trump will veto.
    You're a fucking bummer

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    You're a fucking bummer
    I prefer the term "Manager of Expectations".

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I prefer the term "Manager of Expectations".
    Yeah ..i thought that during the election. You can be pessimistic all you want, at least this is a step in the right direction

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Yeah ..i thought that during the election. You can be pessimistic all you want, at least this is a step in the right direction
    Three million more votes for Clinton than Trump was a step in the right direction too, and look where that got us :P

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    For some reason this lyric from the Oingo Boingo song "Insanity" popped into my head when you said that:

The white folks think they're at the top; ask any proud white male
    A million years of evolution, we get Danny Quayle

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Shooting at Sante Fe High School near Galveston TX. 8 confirmed dead, possibly 10 dead, keeps climbing, multiple injuries, shooter is in custody; shooter used a shotgun which isn’t regulated; somebody pulled an alarm (conflicting reports but several students saying they saw the shooter do it), some students stating that it didn’t sound like a normal fire alarm, they didn’t know what to do. This high school put out a memo after Parkland saying it was going to install several security officers but not sure if that ever happened. The gunman walked into an art room and began firing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/santa-f...tream-updates/

After 9-11, we immediately made airports safe with increased Federal security.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-18-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Shooting at Sante Fe High School near Galveston TX. 8 confirmed dead, possibly 10 dead, keeps climbing, multiple injuries, shooter is in custody; shooter used a shotgun which isn’t regulated; somebody pulled an alarm (conflicting reports but several students saying they saw the shooter do it), some students stating that it didn’t sound like a normal fire alarm, they didn’t know what to do. This high school put out a memo after Parkland saying it was going to install several security officers but not sure if that ever happened. The gunman walked into an art room and began firing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/santa-f...tream-updates/

After 9-11, we immediately made airports safe with increased Federal security.
    Trump's response... "Not looking good"
    That is some recomforting words. He really isn't good at this...

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Exactly how would this “look good?”

What a dunce.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’m certainly no Trump fan, but he said that during early reports while it was unfolding and, to be fair, the term “not looking good” is an old and formerly commonly-used colloquialism that was a nice way of saying “grim.” If somebody was dying, you didn’t answer “How’s he doing?” with “He’s dying;” You said “It’s not looking good.”

I still use the term, myself.

Trump’s response since that initial response was much stronger, stating the need for more security in schools and the need to keep guns out of the hands of people who want to harm themselves and others.

Note that authorities have now also located explosives in and around the school and outside the school premises and are asking residents to report suspicious items. A second person of interest has been taken into custody.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-18-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    People can call out for gun control all they want, but culture is as much a part of it as being able to get guns. Violence is fetishized in this country be it through audio/visual media, hunting, or just a part of what people think their lives should be like. NOTE: I'm all for more gun control, but I don't think it's going to magically solve all the problems.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    People can call out for gun control all they want, but culture is as much a part of it as being able to get guns. Violence is fetishized in this country be it through audio/visual media, hunting, or just a part of what people think their lives should be like. NOTE: I'm all for more gun control, but I don't think it's going to magically solve all the problems.
    It's certainly better than doing nothing at all. Maybe it won't, but we won't know if we don't try. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but doing nothing at all isn't gonna fix jack shit

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I keep seeing messages about how "libs forget the real problem is mental illness!" and the only thing I can think of is ol' Ronnie.

Side note: so nice to find an article from 1984 talking about it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

I wanted to reply with "why not both" (firearm legislation as well as mental health help) but then I saw your list of contributors... are you really blaming movies/music/shows and hunting as reasons we have gun violence problems? Because I'm pretty sure that's complete shit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Thank you, WaPo, for that subheading. I would have been confused otherwise.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Thank you, WaPo, for that subheading. I would have been confused otherwise.
    You know that if they hadn't written that though, the right would be screaming about how the liberal mainstream media is lying to you and trying to make you think that it's more dangerous to be a student than a soldier. That subheading is the journalistic equivalent of the "contents hot" warning on a cup of coffee. It's so you can say "I told you so" to idiots who are too dumb to understand anything.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I wanted to reply with "why not both" (firearm legislation as well as mental health help) but then I saw your list of contributors... are you really blaming movies/music/shows and hunting as reasons we have gun violence problems? Because I'm pretty sure that's complete shit.
    If it came across as blaming some of those things, it was not my intent. People are responsible for their own actions and if watching a movie is what sends someone over the edge, they were going over that edge regardless. What I was trying to say is that our society seems to have a fascination with weapons and I 100% believe that it contributes to the violence that we see.