Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys could seal the keychain with acrylic paint or clear nail polish. Won't last forever, but would last longer than straight out of the store, apparently.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post

Made my own for $1.50
    Yeah, but you gotta get yourself one of those key rings, too, so that will up your cost to ~$1.65.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've got Anxiety / Empathy / Submission

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    and I thought I was the only one living this way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Am I the only one who has not yet received the Physical Component? I ordered two with shirts and have nothing.
    Mine just came today, but they didn't send it until I emailed them like 2 weeks ago.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I just got around to opening my physical component. I got Amplify Chaos - Disorder - Submission.
    It's a really nice package and would have been great to have a CD in with this. I wasn't expecting one at all, but it just reminds me of Radiohead's Hail To The Thief deluxe package.

I've had a bit of a break from NIN this past couple of weeks, but listening again today I'm pleased to find that Add Violence has stood the test of time and is probably one of my favourite NIN releases. Now I just hope it isn't too long before we can complete the trilogy. It's also got me itching to find out what happens with the ARG (or not). That last Instagram post from Trent does suggest there is more going on here, but god knows I can't see what it is. Maybe it's all just a big tease, which wouldn't actually surprise me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    I got the exact same things, though my replacements were Add Violence

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ordered mine today. I wonder how long it'll take to come to my place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Mine says fulfilled but I haven't received anything yet...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    I got the exact same things, though my replacements were Add Violence
    Same here!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Got it today.

J4CZKWLL

How are these SNs related? I mean, this was shipped to Czech Republic, is that CZ by accident there?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    J4CZKWLL

How are these SNs related? I mean, this was shipped to Czech Republic, is that CZ by accident there?
    Probably just a coincidence - the two copies I got didn't have any obvious signifiers like that, and there isn't even any common pattern to which positions are letters and which are numbers.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got mine in New Zealand at long last. Disorder / Amplify Chaos / Submission and my replacements are Add Violence.
    Last edited by kiwistorm; 09-01-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Got it today.

J4CZKWLL

My code was V3LDMV4K but I'm in Dublin, so I think this was just a coincidence. I saw someone further up post about an app or website featuring the whole panel once the final EP comes out, I'd imagine the codes will go into that or something.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I posted this over in Marketplace too, but figure it may not be offtopic here:

Finally got my third ADD VIOLENCE physical component today, in my efforts to get more of the plastic labels, and... alas, all three of my PCs had the exact same labels.

I'd love to trade for any that I'm missing, though I suspect that the ones I have are probably the most common. I've got two extras of each of the following: Amplify Chaos, Disorder, and Submission.

If anyone would like to trade for those, let me know!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, but what's the point in collecting the different plastic labels? Collecting the different variations of the NTAE physical component made more sense to me (people display them and they're cool to look at, more like actual art), but with this one, I just... don't see the point. Seems like a lot of effort/money for something that doesn't have much of a pay-off.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm sorry, but what's the point in collecting the different plastic labels? Collecting the different variations of the NTAE physical component made more sense to me (people display them and they're cool to look at, more like actual art), but with this one, I just... don't see the point. Seems like a lot of effort/money for something that doesn't have much of a pay-off.
    Alas, if only I'd heard your skepticism first, before I embarked on this arduous and sisyphean quest to procure some unique NIN swag! Oh, how I've wasted my life away, breaking my soul and finances upon the rocky shores of hard reality, bereft and alone, clutching my plastic labels firmly to my chest and muttering madly at the passersby who look down on me with disdain! Why didn't I heed your warnings, your admonitions? Alas, it's too late for me, but I hope that your kind remonstrances will fall upon the ears of one for whom the weight of pointless struggle has not yet already ground into the dirt. Truly, you could be the savior of many...

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Everyone has something they collect and makes life more enjoyable. These are also only $12. Life's too short to complain at that price.
    @xolotl I will look when I get home what I have. Maybe I can help you out?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Alas, if only I'd heard your skepticism first, before I embarked on this arduous and sisyphean quest to procure some unique NIN swag! Oh, how I've wasted my life away, breaking my soul and finances upon the rocky shores of hard reality, bereft and alone, clutching my plastic labels firmly to my chest and muttering madly at the passersby who look down on me with disdain! Why didn't I heed your warnings, your admonitions? Alas, it's too late for me, but I hope that your kind remonstrances will fall upon the ears of one for whom the weight of pointless struggle has not yet already ground into the dirt. Truly, you could be the savior of many...
    And how much time did you waste making that verbose, childish, and showboaty post? How much time did you spend on thesaurus.com looking up big words in a vain hope of sounding super smart and impressing everyone? Anyway, for the record, I have collected MANY NIN-related items, don't get me wrong. I have two NTAE physical components and multiple copies of MANY other releases. I just don't feel like this one's worth it. Sorry if my opinion hurt your feelings.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lol

The other day I dropped $185 on a Fragile press kit, a AATCHB press kit, a Self Destruct Tour 1996 press kit and a single-sheet press release for TDS. Keep in mind, this was nearly $200 for what are basically sheets of paper and the odd promo photo, that will ultimately be tucked out of sight into the vinyl sleeves of their corresponding albums

Not bragging or showboating at all; if anything, this should show those of you buying multiple AV components (I own three) just how foolish and insane some of us diehard fans can really be. I'll probably have them burn my NIN collection as part of the cremation process when I die..

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    The other day I dropped $185 on a Fragile press kit, a AATCHB press kit, a Self Destruct Tour 1996 press kit and a single-sheet press release for TDS.
    I scanned all my press kits & put them on my tumblr so I could remember which ones I have in my collection.

What was included with the Self Destruct press kit?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I scanned all my press kits & put them on my tumblr so I could remember which ones I have in my collection.

I have 4 or 5 of those 8x10 promo photos, but I've never bought a press kit before. Cool to see those, though. Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    I posted this over in Marketplace too, but figure it may not be offtopic here:

Finally got my third ADD VIOLENCE physical component today, in my efforts to get more of the plastic labels, and... alas, all three of my PCs had the exact same labels.

I'd love to trade for any that I'm missing, though I suspect that the ones I have are probably the most common. I've got two extras of each of the following: Amplify Chaos, Disorder, and Submission.

If anyone would like to trade for those, let me know!
    I asked about trading those exact ones last month... I got 5 sets of the same freaking thing. (Four shown)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I asked about trading those exact ones last month... I got 5 sets of the same freaking thing.
    Heh, yeah, I remember seeing that and thinking I was probably gonna end up out of luck - from what little I've seen, I suspect that those three are by far the most common.

How much time did you spend on thesaurus.com looking up big words.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but A) I'll admit to looking up the spelling of "sisyphean," but otherwise that was hardly A-level vocabulary there, B) Much like collecting NIN swag, a snarky post on a message board is often its own reward, C) Trust me, your opinions don't factor one iota in my feelings, and D) Here's another big word for you to be impressed with: hyperbole.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i posted this in the Add Violence thread as well.
    what is it with these threads that make some humans want to ADD VIOLENCE to them(?)
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    can you guys take it to the PM stage now...?
    as entertaining as this all is, hoping for the visuals of a physical orgy to ensue is going to leave myself (and possibly others) to some sort of unfruited frustration...
    in short it's taking away from the actual ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component (audio art thread) vs adding to the ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component (audio art thread)
    maybe start a
    separate 'Add Violence in communication skills thread'
    now that i would def visit for the add violence entertainment read of it all-popcorn anyone(?)

Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 09-25-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

Nice! Some of those on your Tumblr page are ones I have or just bought, but there are a few I still need to track down, too.

This is what came with the SD '96 PK..

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Prettybrokenspiral;378482]Nice! Some of those on your Tumblr page are ones I have or just bought, but there are a few I still need to track down, too.

This is what came with the SD '96 PK..

]

That's about the only press kit photo I don't own. Very cool that you snagged those bottom three sheets. In case you want an idea, what I've done is slipped all these sheets into 8.5x11 sheet protectors and put them into a 2" binder. This way, I can always pick up the binder and look through my collection whenever the need arises.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    @spahn hahaha that is literally exactly how I store and display my NIN press kit memorabilia as well