Page 168 of 215 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 6437

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That's weird and a little amusing to me, because I noticed that the first time I listened to the track back in 1999! It's not exactly subtle.
    Perhaps those folks hadn't really heard the version from the TDTWWA single before. It's been ages since I've heard that version and I had forgotten about that audience part, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Is it confirmed Trent recorded dif vocals for Head Like a Hole (Opal) it def doesnt sound like a standard remix..You can almost swear its a dif vocal take...just the fact TR sings "god of money" instead of "god money" almost seals it
    Yes, it's totally a different take, a la "Closer To God". Makes both remixes even more awesome.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Perhaps those folks hadn't really heard the version from the TDTWWA single before. It's been ages since I've heard that version and I had forgotten about that audience part, LOL.

Yes, it's totally a different take, a la "Closer To God". Makes both remixes even more awesome.
    I think Art of Self Destruction part 1 is a totally different take as well....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    hi, apologies if this has been recently asked and answered

Where is the best location to see the NIN logo evolution over time? From slight variations (With Teeth) to using only parts of the logo (AV), for example.
    Is there a website that has all variations of the logo side by side or easily viewed in succession?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have several questions about some obscure NIN song versions:

Can anyone confirm that The Hand That Feeds (Dub Instrumental) is the same thing as Dub Mix?

Does anyone have a track timing for Sin (Radio Edit)?

Confirm someone confirm that The Great Destroyer (Modwheelmood Remix) is 4:39 on the yearzeroremixed vinyl, as opposed to 4:19 on the CD?

Does anyone have The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite) as posted on remix.nin.com? IIRC it was the wrong length (played at wrong speed)? Can anyone confirm? The correct track length is 6:10.

Does Starfuckers, Inc. on the TDTWWA cassette really have a different ending?

https://archive.org/details/remix-nin-com-audio-00060 all of remix.nin.com made it onto archive.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone here have a remix from around 2009 (that's the last time I remember listening to it - on a USB stick style MP3 player) that was pretty much just the vocals of The Great Below - it may have had a little bit of light instrumentation forward the end of it. It was either titled "quiet" or "vocal mix", something along those lines but I'm having trouble finding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What ever happened to Rob Sheridan?
    Seemed to have missed that if anything.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas W Jefford View Post
    What ever happened to Rob Sheridan?
    Seemed to have missed that if anything.
    He left NIN camp sometime after 2013/14 tour and is doing his own projects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there an archive of nin.com anywhere? I was randomly thinking of posts from like 2005 and I have to believe that someone has everything from there on a hard drive somewhere.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    Is there an archive of nin.com anywhere? I was randomly thinking of posts from like 2005 and I have to believe that someone has everything from there on a hard drive somewhere.
    http://portraitofdecay.net/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    All this war about which version of what sounds better blablabla makes me wonder:
    Do you know how many (re)masters there are for a given release ?

For example for Pretty Hate Machine, I know there is the original (CD) version, the 2010 remaster, but is there other ? For example, is the SHM version different ? Are the versions pressed on vinyl different ?
    Same question for TDS, The Fragile etc...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Kennedy asks Trent about Flood only being involved on half of the making of TDS. This is the first that I've ever heard about this. Anyone know anything?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Kennedy asks Trent about Flood only being involved on half of the making of TDS.
    No, he's talking about Broken. As per the credits, Flood only produced on 3 tracks. See also the Press Sheet.

According to my Making Of book, Flood had to work on a new Depeche Mode album, so he could only commit to 3 songs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    NINE INCH NAILS WILL PERFORM AT THE DAY FOR NIGHT FESTIVAL IN HOUSTON

Changed:
    - on 12/16
    ... into:
    + on 12/16-12/17

Does it mean 2 shows? Hmm...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    No, he's talking about Broken. As per the credits, Flood only produced on 3 tracks. See also the Press Sheet.

According to my Making Of book, Flood had to work on a new Depeche Mode album, so he could only commit to 3 songs.
    true say. thanks.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Trent's version of Bowie's 'I Can't Give Everything Away' is just excellent. I have been living under a rock for the last few months and saw this was up on soundcloud and was available for download. Anyone have the proper download of this?

https://soundcloud.com/thisisthenumb...y-farewell-mix

I assume this was Trent releasing this?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So there are quite a few NIN songs where some of the lyrics listed aren’t in the song itself, i.e. “She’s Gone Away.” Are these the first drafts of the song and those lyrics just didn’t make the cut? For the aforementioned song I guess the inclusion of the “Reptile” lyrics feels more like an Easter Egg.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Didn't know about it until you linked it. Thank you!
    they've been playing it live with trent doing the main vocals and bowie's coming in on the second verse so it turns into a duet. it's heartbreaking and gorgeous.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they've been playing it live with trent doing the main vocals and bowie's coming in on the second verse so it turns into a duet. it's heartbreaking and gorgeous.
    Right, but I think a lot of people missed out on this via soundcloud. I had no idea it was actually released until a few days ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Right, but I think a lot of people missed out on this via soundcloud. I had no idea it was actually released until a few days ago.
    We talked about it in the Download section after the first show of the new tour. Also somebody spotted it when it was released in January, already guessing that was TR+AR.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The Aphrodite remix
    I only came across this fairly recently: https://soundcloud.com/dj-aphrodite/9-nails-remixlim /

He talks about the differences in speed in the notes. Inevitably it's not available for download, but still...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Wow! It's wild how we're just now discovering Aphrodite's TPD remix was altered for the promo vinyl. I wonder if this is the reason why it wasn't released on the commercial single?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Have any of the actors or anybody involved in the Broken movie ever come forward and discussed their roles?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever mentioned his favorite album ever? Non NIN of course

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    I only came across this fairly recently: https://soundcloud.com/dj-aphrodite/9-nails-remixlim /

He talks about the differences in speed in the notes. Inevitably it's not available for download, but still...
    Leviathant found that you can purchase it here:

https://aphroditerecordings.databeat...download/amix1

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why is Seed 8 nowhere to be found? I realize it was an exclusive release for Beats, but I guess I didn’t realize just how exclusive that was. I would have assumed with that going under and eventually becoming Apple Music, the EP would have followed as well. It’s a shame because that Copy of A remix is easily one of my favorite NIN remixes.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Why is Seed 8 nowhere to be found?
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?p=162878

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    what are all The Closure/The Broken Movie variants(?) and how many exist?
    and also...
    what are these numbered 'seeds'?
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 10-08-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    what are all The Closure/The Broken Movie variants(?) and how many exist?
    and also...
    what are these numbered 'seeds'?
    "Seed numbers are used to catalog promotional releases that come directly from NIN, in a similar manner to the Halo numbers. The bootleg three-part The Definitive NIN collection was released via BitTorrent."
    From NINwiki

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    does anyone know anything about fem 2 fem, an opener during self destruct? i found one track on youtube, and know an actress from freddy's dead was a member.

and they're a lesbian synth pop group? really curious if anyone here caught one of those shows and how it made sense/was received at the time.
    Last edited by kel; 10-10-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    does anyone know anything about fem 2 fem, an opener during self destruct? i found one track on youtube, and know an actress from freddy's dead was a member.

and they're a lesbian synth pop group? really curious if anyone here caught one of those shows and how it made sense/was received at the time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fem2Fem
    https://www.discogs.com/Fem-2-Fem-Wo.../master/887144
    https://www.discogs.com/Fem-2-Fem-Animus/master/392144