Page 167 of 215 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 6437

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    Yep, looks like. Collector's treat
    Found EU release mention:
    "Mit “Less Than” veröffentlichen Nine Inch Nails heute Abend den ersten Vorboten zur neuen EP, Add Violence, die am 1. September physisch erscheinen wird. Die 5-Track-Platte ist nach "Not The Actual Events" vom letzten Dezember der zweite Teil einer dreiteiligen EP-Reihe."
    At this point, The Add Violence CD has been pushed back to September 22 October 13.
    Last edited by Jon; 08-28-2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: date changed

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Is nin.com down for everyone right now?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Is nin.com down for everyone right now?
    Down for me as well

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What is the instrument during the dun dun dun part of Ruiner? You can hear it at :58 then again throughout the song, including really well right before the you didn't hurt me part.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    What is the instrument during the dun dun dun part of Ruiner? You can hear it at :58 then again throughout the song, including really well right before the you didn't hurt me part.
    are you talking about the higher melody that comes in at that point? it's a synth patch of some kind.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    are you talking about the higher melody that comes in at that point? it's a synth patch of some kind.

Thanks man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Why is UMG the distributor for the new Vinyls when they're pulling shit like this?

(There were listed on https://www.youtube.com/user/ninofficial/videos but disappeared soon after I viewed them, while I was still checking for others.)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Is there a place on this forum where the additions and/or differences of The Fragile: 2017 Definitive Edition are being discussed?

"...WITH LOTS OF DETAILS ATTENDED TO THAT YOU MAY NEVER NOTICE BUT WE CARE ABOUT."

I am just listening in on it and noticed immediately the very end of "Somewhat Damaged" being noticeably shorter (affecting the transition into "The Day The World Went Away").

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I have several questions about some obscure NIN song versions:

Can anyone confirm that The Hand That Feeds (Dub Instrumental) is the same thing as Dub Mix?

Does anyone have a track timing for Sin (Radio Edit)?

Confirm someone confirm that The Great Destroyer (Modwheelmood Remix) is 4:39 on the yearzeroremixed vinyl, as opposed to 4:19 on the CD?

Does anyone have The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite) as posted on remix.nin.com? IIRC it was the wrong length (played at wrong speed)? Can anyone confirm? The correct track length is 6:10.

Does Starfuckers, Inc. on the TDTWWA cassette really have a different ending?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Does anyone have The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite) as posted on remix.nin.com? IIRC it was the wrong length (played at wrong speed)? Can anyone confirm? The correct track length is 6:10.

Thanks for @FULLMETAL helping out on this.

As I recalled, the Aphrodite mix posted on remix.nin.com was indeed a bad vinyl rip, played back at the wrong speed (too fast).

And Starfuckers, Inc. on TDTWWA cassette is, in fact, different from the CD version. Although the crowd noise is identical, the CD has the Complication guitar drone, and the cassette does not.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I believe it's 3:19.

Confirm someone confirm that The Great Destroyer (Modwheelmood Remix) is 4:39 on the yearzeroremixed vinyl, as opposed to 4:19 on the CD?
    No, my needledrop vinyl rip track length is 4:18.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I believe it's 3:19.
    I think that's about right. I realized I had this track from Demos & Remixes, but it's at the wrong speed on there. After adjusting for that, I came up with 3:22.

Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    No, my needledrop vinyl rip track length is 4:18.
    Thanks.

Can anyone confirm that The Hand That Feeds (Dub Instrumental) is the same thing as Dub Mix?
    I found a vinyl rip of this record and confirmed that Dub Instrumental is the same thing as Dub Mix.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there anyone that thinks With Teeth wouldn't be a better album if it had ended with Right Where It Belongs v2? It's simply the better version of the song, right?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    And Starfuckers, Inc. on TDTWWA cassette is, in fact, different from the CD version. Although the crowd noise is identical, the CD has the Complication guitar drone, and the cassette does not.
    So neither version has the "Nine Inch Nails!" chanting on it? I swear I saw a post months ago where Botley said that was on there.
    Last edited by piggy; 09-03-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I found a vinyl rip of this record and confirmed that Dub Instrumental is the same thing as Dub Mix.
    THTF Dub Mix also comes labeled as Dub Instrumental on japanese EDIETS CD

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    So neither version has the "Nine Inch Nails!" chanting on it? I swear I saw a post months ago where Botley said that was on there.
    They both do. It's a little harder to hear on the CD version because you have the Complication guitar going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    THTF Dub Mix also comes labeled as Dub Instrumental on japanese EDIETS CD
    Yeah, I noticed that too just now.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I see. I just got confused since that info was excised altogether.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I see. I just got confused since that info was excised altogether.
    Since it was common to both, I figured it wasn't worth mentioning.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Can anyone discern any difference between Piggy (Radio Edit) and album Piggy? I can't. Not even "shit" is censored. Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Is there anyone that thinks With Teeth wouldn't be a better album if it had ended with Right Where It Belongs v2? It's simply the better version of the song, right?
    I disagree. Album version is superior and I don't think the album as a whole would be better based on one track, unless we're talking about adding home or non-entity. I haven't heard V2 in awhile so refresh my memory, but it's just the vocal track over a different keyboard the whole song, no other layers, right? And the keyboard has a very lullaby feel to it?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Can anyone discern any difference between Piggy (Radio Edit) and album Piggy? I can't. Not even "shit" is censored. Am I missing something?
    Nope. I thought the same thing. Mislabelled, then?

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)

While this isn't immediately helpful to you in the moment, there's track length data in the nincatalog somewhere, but IIRC (and I might not be RC), when @bgalbraith moved things over to a new codebase, that broke the album/track relationship, or something to that effect.

The Aphrodite remix up on remix.nin.com was provided by me from the best rip available at the time - not my own, I might add. If there's a better rip out there, I'd love a copy.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Nope. I thought the same thing. Mislabelled, then?
    Nope, not mislabelled. That's how it was provided on the Piggy promo. There just doesn't seem to be any distinction between it and the album version.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    While this isn't immediately helpful to you in the moment, there's track length data in the nincatalog somewhere, but IIRC (and I might not be RC), when @bgalbraith moved things over to a new codebase, that broke the album/track relationship, or something to that effect.
    That's correct. I got hung up trying to find the right abstraction to avoid duplicate track entries instead of just putting them back up, and then never finished it. Can try to get them restored soonish.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Nope, not mislabelled. That's how it was provided on the Piggy promo. There just doesn't seem to be any distinction between it and the album version.
    That's what I mean. The promo is mislabelled. Or someone put the wrong version on it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    That's what I mean. The promo is mislabelled. Or someone put the wrong version on it.
    Well, I don't think it was a mistake. Hurt (Radio Edit), on the same promo, is genuinely an edit, unique to that promo. It is also not censored. So, I think the choices, for whatever reason, were deliberate.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Since it was common to both, I figured it wasn't worth mentioning.
    Yes, but still a detail that is unique to the TDTWWA version in general. The only reason I thought it should maybe be there is because when Botley originally pointed it out, people were kind of stoked to learn that little tidbit.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    I think V2 is gorgeous, but it feels much too subdued coming after Beside You in Time. I think the album version is sufficiently loud enough to cover that transition better, while having the same emotional core that V2 has. Plus, I really love that transition halfway through the song where it sounds like a filter is lifted off the entire song. And I think that having "full" instrumentation makes the end of the song hit harder, where everything drops and it's just the quiet melody at the end.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yes, but still a detail that is unique to the TDTWWA version in general. The only reason I thought it should maybe be there is because when Botley originally pointed it out, people were kind of stoked to learn that little tidbit.
    That's weird and a little amusing to me, because I noticed that the first time I listened to the track back in 1999! It's not exactly subtle.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Is it confirmed Trent recorded dif vocals for Head Like a Hole (Opal) it def doesnt sound like a standard remix..You can almost swear its a dif vocal take...just the fact TR sings "god of money" instead of "god money" almost seals it