Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    MUST get tix for Boston show.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Has anyone been to any of her more recent shows? How are they? The last show I went to was back in 2004 I think and I'm curious if she is still putting on a quality show

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Has anyone been to any of her more recent shows? How are they? The last show I went to was back in 2004 I think and I'm curious if she is still putting on a quality show
    Seen her seven times, last show was in 2014--yes, very good show.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Going to the Boston show!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I lost touch with her music a long time again but I still go to her live shows if I have the chance. The last show I went to she chastised some people in the front row for talking or being on their phones while she was performing. I think she went so far as to have them removed, but my memory is rusty.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...upcoming-album

Premiere of the track "Cloud Riders"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...upcoming-album

Premiere of the track "Cloud Riders"
    I like it. A bit of a slow-burn, but it's still quite good. Looking forward to hearing the new album.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Y Kant Tori Read (Remastered) has been put up on all digital sites with pretty much no warning or fanfare. This album is a blast haha. Soooo 80's. I honestly never believed this album would see the light of day again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I'm late on this. I'm seeing 9 shows this tour; think my total will be up to 41 afterwards. Definitely still a quality show. She's just been doing the one-woman tour thing lately, which I'm fine with. She's got a variety of keyboards and loops and effects in lieu of a real backing band now.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'm late on this. I'm seeing 9 shows this tour; think my total will be up to 41 afterwards. Definitely still a quality show. She's just been doing the one-woman tour thing lately, which I'm fine with. She's got a variety of keyboards and loops and effects in lieu of a real backing band now.
    Wow, superman. Boston will be my ninth show, total.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    She never comes to my city. I think I will just look up one of her concerts at youtube tomorrow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New songs:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Amazon's got my copy out for delivery today! Pretty excited to give it a go tonight.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    first album since scarlet's walk that i'm excited to hear. also the paramount in seattle is one of my favorite theaters and i would love to see her there. haven't since the to venus and back tour.
    Last edited by kel; 09-08-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New album is excellent. Maybe in her top five.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Halfway through and I have to say Reindeer King and Wildwood are definitely outstanding songs. Up the Creek is a refreshing change of style for her as well, but that's been out for a few weeks.

This is certainly her best album in ages, so far.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    reindeer king is the best tori album opener since beauty queen/horses. holy shit. i wish the album continued in that vein, because the next few songs were pretty "meh" to me...up the creek & wildwood are both really nice, chocolate song is pretty good, and bang is great. that's as far as i've made it so far. overall, i'm enjoying it, i just wish more of it had the haunting beauty of the opening track.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Y KANT TORI READ is getting a vinyl and CD release for Record Store Day. Guess I should finally get around to checking that out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does Tori have an opener for this tour, and if so who?
    Last edited by thenorthwood; 11-04-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, never mind. Scars on 45. Heard of the band but not familiar with the music.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw Tori in Boston on Thursday. Amazing, as always.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i would love to see her again this tour, but i was hoping the band would be back. the setlists also seem incredibly short, though as always, full of goodies. why is she playing so few songs this tour?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i would love to see her again this tour, but i was hoping the band would be back. the setlists also seem incredibly short, though as always, full of goodies. why is she playing so few songs this tour?
    I think Boston was around 90 minutes. Keep in mind, at a rock show you have your guitar solos and extended jams. This is just Tori singing, solo, which will be very demanding.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I think Boston was around 90 minutes. Keep in mind, at a rock show you have your guitar solos and extended jams. This is just Tori singing, solo, which will be very demanding.
    no, i get that. last tour she did five more songs on average with the same setup. that's a big difference for the same cost.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I assume she's just trying to preserve her voice for the entire tour and/or for future tours. She is 54 now, after all. A few more songs a night would be great, but she's deliberately cut the fat from these shows. I don't remember setlists being this consistently great since probably 2001.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I like her covers album. Now I wanna check out her new stuff. I've always been a fan of hers but she never tours anywhere near my city. I don't think she plays anywhere in Canada except Toronto.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1982104155/

It's been maybe the worst-kept secret for most of this year, but Tori will have a new book coming out on May 5, 2020. I'm told this will be followed by both a new album and tour in the Fall.

"A timely and passionate call to action for engaging with our current political moment, from the Grammy-nominated and multiplatinum singer-songwriter and New York Times bestselling author Tori Amos.

Since the release of her first, career-defining solo album Little Earthquakes, Tori Amos has been one of the music industry’s most enduring and ingenious artists. From her unnerving depiction of sexual assault in “Me and a Gun” to her post-September 11 album, Scarlet’s Walk, to her latest album, Native Invader, her work has never shied away from intermingling the personal with the political.

Amos began playing piano as a teenager for the politically powerful at hotel bars in Washington, DC, during the formative years of the post-Goldwater and then Koch-led Libertarian and Reaganite movements. The story continues to her time as a hungry artist in Los Angeles to the subsequent three decades of her formidable music career. Amos explains how she managed to create meaningful, politically resonant work against patriarchal power structures—and how her proud declarations of feminism and her fight for the marginalized always proved to be her guiding light. She teaches us to engage with intention in this tumultuous global climate and speaks directly to supporters of #MeToo and #TimesUp, as well as young people fighting for their rights and visibility in the world.

Filled with compassionate guidance and actionable advice—and using some of the most powerful, political songs in Amos’s canon—this book is for anyone determined to steer the world back in the right direction."