Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I just bought some tickets off ebay and,which were too much, I was wondering how the ticket system worked this time around? The guy asked me for my name and number. usually this would have me a little worried, but he has extremely good feedback.
    Last edited by Rdm; 03-19-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got my tickets for DC off Ticketmaster, and they're paperless, which kinda sucks as I like to have the stub. I'm pretty sure the Waste presales were the same way but maybe not.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I got my tickets for DC off Ticketmaster, and they're paperless, which kinda sucks as I like to have the stub. I'm pretty sure the Waste presales were the same way but maybe not.
    Don't buy into the paperless bullshit. I had WASTE presale tickets for the KC show, and we still got actual tickets even though it explicitly said it would be paperless. The ticket looks fantastic framed with the poster.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    the motherfuckers played PACKT at one of the recent shows!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    They also played hunting bears. This tour is shaping to the the best tour yet. Got tickets to see them in San jose. 2 scalped tickets ate my bank account.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I went to the KC show but had floor tickets and couldn't see during most of the songs. I really want to go to another show and get seats. The KC show was amazing though!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    How's thom's voice holding up? I been hearing mix reviews . I heard on the old songs he is kind of holding back . Last time I saw him, Atoms for peace, his voice was kind of all over the place but the show was still incredible, probably better than radiohead.
    Last edited by Rdm; 03-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    How's thom's voice holding up? I been hearing mix reviews . I heard on the old songs he is kind of holding back . Last time I saw him, Atoms for peace, his voice was kind of all over the place but the show was still incredible, probably better than radiohead.
    He was incredibly spot on for the KC show. There were some variations to pacing and such, but he hit all of the notes.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just spent 400 dollars on a pair of tickets to the san jose show. Holy shit, probably the most money I have ever spent on a single show. Beond excited see them again. I remember the day in 2006 where I bought a ticket a day before the show on ebay for 60 dollars.

Check out the setlist when I saw them in 2006. So good. Never ever forget that day, The fog was running in through the berkley greek theater right before radiohead came on stage. Greek theater is by far my favorite place to see a show. So far I seen Wilco, Radiohead, and Portishead live at the greek.

Don't get me wrong Videotape is beautiful, but man the old live version was incredible .

Man the memories. i think if they tweaked it a bit and had that build up it would have gone down as one of the greatest songs ever. I mean is amazing as is, but man

New Stanley pic-Signs point to new Thom Yorke album art-

http://www.slowlydownward.com/alosta.html
    Last edited by Rdm; 03-31-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingSheep View Post
    He was incredibly spot on for the KC show. There were some variations to pacing and such, but he hit all of the notes.
    Agreed. He even hit that high note in Bloom much better than he did on the actual Live From The Basement recording. I left the show telling people that I thought that the band has never sounded better.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Are any of you guys going to the San Jose show?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    New leg of the tour starts tonight in Seattle

Come on Radiohead release this motherfucker already. Its been two years since we heard this song now = (

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    So, anyway, "Skirting on the Surface" sounds like it'll be fucking awesome.

They also recorded it at the Austin City Limits show.

Didn't notice this

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Sorry for triple posting, but I just got back from the san jose show. It was incredible. The new songs were so good live. The band sounds very upbeat , it reminds me a lot of The Atoms for peace band.

Setlist
    01 Bloom
    02 15 Step
    03 Morning Mr Magpie
    04 Kid A
    05 Staircase
    06 The Gloaming
    07 The National Anthem
    08 The Amazing Sounds Of Orgy
    09 Climbing Up The Walls
    10 Karma Police
    11 Identikit
    12 Lotus Flower
    13 There There
    14 Feral
    15 Little By Little
    16 Reckoner
    ———
    17 Separator
    18 I Might Be Wrong (tour debut)
    19 Myxomatosis
    20 Everything In Its Right Place
    ———
    21 The Daily Mail
    22 Planet Telex (tour debut)
    23 Idioteque

Feral was my favorite. I danced almost every song
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-12-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Agreed. He even hit that high note in Bloom much better than he did on the actual Live From The Basement recording. I left the show telling people that I thought that the band has never sounded better.
    That note is fucking hard to hit right. I wouldn't blame him for fudging it on occasion.

I even have an older recording of Creep where he squeeks on the last "run," so I think if he sounds bad on a particular song, it's just an off day, not really a sign of him losing anything.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the show tonight was good, but I've seen them play MUCH better. To be honest, I'm not sure how well the two-drummer thing works for the most part, and the new arrangements of some of the songs feel like they have less impact than they used to. Thom's voice was spot on for the most part, but he cracked really hard a couple times. During Codex his voice cracked so hard that the entire audience pretty much went "woah!" after it happened. Bloom also seemed to fall apart and occasionally got a little clumsy, and the mix was off for that track... I know it was the intro song, but the bass guitar was overpowering and the drums were just chaotic.

It was nice to hear Planet Telex, and I'm glad they played all of King of Limbs, Staircase, Supercollider, The Daily Mail, Identikit, and These Are My Twisted Words. I think the pacing of the setlist was just a little sluggish... I don't know, I'm nitpicking I guess, but I'm used to Radiohead blowing me away every time I've seen them, but something just seemed a little off tonight.

It didn't help that it was cold/raining and the audience was chatty, but that's just the way it goes though sometimes.

Other Lives were fantastic though by the way.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-13-2012 at 01:53 AM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I heard "Codex" for the first time tonight. Wow. Just...wow. How has it taken me this long to hear it?! Absolutely beautiful.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'd rather hear singer's voice cracking (if it doesn't do any harm physically) instead of him not even trying to hit high notes

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I really really hope someone out there ripped the audio from tonight's Coachella webcast, for Identikit. Perfest soundboard quality with almost zero crowd noise. I need it to hold me over until a studio version is released.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Kid Charlemagne and I danced like Thom, manically. He said he loved us. It was fun.

And we got Karma Police. /Life complete.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Kid Charlemagne and I danced like Thom, manically. He said he loved us. It was fun.

And we got Karma Police. /Life complete.
    Were you the guys the ones that he said that he loved, but not quite as much as you probably hoped??

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I call shenanigans on that one, I'm pretty sure Thom would love me if he got to know me. Dra and I danced for about half the set to keep warm. FOOKIN TOSSERS!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Jinsai I'm very surprised to read your review. Maybe it was the venue? Is it anything like the Hollywood Bowl ? After seeing The national at the Hollywood Bowl I think I may pass on seeing another show there with all the pretentious rich non music fans that just sit and talk. I once got asked to sit down when the national were playing.Also, I loved the chaos of the two drummers. I thought the show that I saw was better than the In Rainbows show I saw at The Hollywood Bowl . The energy of the band was just undescriblable . The musicianship seemed incredibly tight. Maybe an off night

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Coachella setlist was full of Hail to the Theif and In Rainbows. Dear Lord was it amazing. I got so close like 3 people from the rail it was all I could have dreamed o.O Next weekend will probly be more Kid A and Limbs

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Coachella setlist was full of Hail to the Theif and In Rainbows. Dear Lord was it amazing. I got so close like 3 people from the rail it was all I could have dreamed o.O Next weekend will probly be more Kid A and Limbs
    I wouldn't necessarily say it was FULL of HTTT. Out of the 20 songs performed, only 3 of them were from that album.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say it was FULL of HTTT. Out of the 20 songs performed, only 3 of them were from that album.
    I like Radiohead as much as the next person - well actually the next person was Kid Charlemagne who would not shut up - singing every fucking lyric at the top of his lungs. richardp- since you clearly know - could you post the setlist so I can remember. My contact high made all the songs blur together. Except for Karma Police. It was at that point that Kid broke out into another Thom Dance screaming "I love you Thom!"

Oh - and the lights, 2012 for so many bands is a creative explosion for the lights. Radiohead's are amazing. Especially when Thom is the size of a bug, being that far back.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bloom
    15 Step
    Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    Morning Mr. Magpie
    Staircase
    The Gloaming
    Pyramid Song
    The Daily Mail
    Myxomatosis
    Karma Police
    Identikit
    Lotus Flower
    There There
    Bodysnatchers
    Idioteque
    --Encore--
    Lucky
    Reckoner
    Everything In Its Right Place (With "After The Gold Rush" intro)
    --Encore 2--
    Give Up the Ghost
    Paranoid Android

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I like Radiohead as much as the next person - well actually the next person was Kid Charlemagne who would not shut up - singing every fucking lyric at the top of his lungs. richardp- since you clearly know - could you post the setlist so I can remember. My contact high made all the songs blur together. Except for Karma Police. It was at that point that Kid broke out into another Thom Dance screaming "I love you Thom!"

Oh - and the lights, 2012 for so many bands is a creative explosion for the lights. Radiohead's are amazing. Especially when Thom is the size of a bug, being that far back.
    All of this is true and is the main reason why I'm sucking down Halls and hot tea all evening.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Hey! Who wants a soundboard rip of Identikit? It'll hold over well enough until they decide to release a studio version. I tried to get rid of as much crowd noise as possible, boosted the bass, and generally cleaned up the sound a tad in Audacity.

Enjoy

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Did a great job, thanks.