Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    What is r-word lol
    http://bfy.tw/FUkw

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I buy that he could have lost his composure and kicked something else on the stage that he shouldn't have.
    But the camera wasn't on the stage. He had to actively swing his foot off of the stage to kick it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Really disappointing behavior from Josh!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    is "lost in performance" a PC way of saying " I did 5 rails of blow before the show"?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Sounds like he made a real asshole out of himself at that show. The girl will be filing criminal charges against him tomorrow apparently....Wasnt their bass player the one ranting and raving that the Paris bombings were an inside job...Might be time for that band to disappear for a decade or so...
    No, it's not. He wasn't accused of sexually assaulting over a dozen women. He kicked a camera into someone's face. I'll agree that he made an asshole of himself at that show, but the punishment should fit the crime. He owes her a public apology and whatever goes along with the charges she's filing (maybe fines or a settlement).

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I always liked and respected Josh, but this was dumb, this guy doesn't need this kind of publicity.

I don't know his real intention, but i can believe that he wanted to kick the camera off the photographer's face and he ended up fucking up that lady, dumbass...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Very disappointing. That photographer was only doing her job, there's no need for that sort of behavior. Here's hoping that this serves as a wake-up call for Josh to get his shit together.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I have a hard time believing she suffered “serious injury”.
    Some of that equipment is very heavy and made of metal. Having that kicked into your face, especially the way you hold a camera, could easily lead to a broken face (nose, eye sockets, etc). Depending on the situation, even a mild concussion if the brin bounced around too much (I've gotten a concussion from around that much force, actually).
    Sure, it's not "my leg was cut off" but that could be some pretty serious damage there. Especially since she's a photographer, so damage to the eyes means no income until you're able to see correctly.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Last edited by BRoswell; 12-11-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Now that seems a hell of a lot more sincere and honest than "getting lost in the performance".

I mean, he can still get fucked. But perhaps he can turn this into a learning opportunity and grow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, at least Josh addressed the situation directly, he seemed genuinely apologetic.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    Yeah, at least Josh addressed the situation directly, he seemed genuinely apologetic.

directly?
    did you read the first statement of the band. stupid.

sorry, this apology is so fake (omg, that face expression). this guy now has a blemish. for sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Painkillers and booze do not mix well. Remember that kiddies.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    sorry, this apology is so fake (omg, that face expression). this guy now has a blemish. for sure.
    Ok, hold on now. What do you suggest him to do or say then? Should he practice another expression that will satisfy you before the mirror? Does his inner monologues goes like "fuck yeah, serves her right for standing in my way?"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Ok, hold on now. What do you suggest him to do or say then? Should he practice another expression that will satisfy you before the mirror? Does his inner monologues goes like "fuck yeah, serves her right for standing in my way?"
    How about practicing not kicking people in the head. Or if you absolutely feel you HAVE to kick a photographer in the head don't wait a day, post something half assed on Instagram hoping it would go away, then following up with videos looking more like PR control than anything else.

No mention of reaching out to the photographer or anything other than the bare minimum.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So that's pretty much the culmination of his stage antics that used to be funny back in the day. the kicking is just the icing on the cake, what worries me the most apart from the photographer's well being is Josh's mental health. Cutting himself is something that he did a couple of times as far as I can recall, but that whole evening must have been a hot mess. I hope this is a wake up call for him and it is especially sad after I thought he got his shit together in 2013. Looks like he forgot about his second coming pretty fast...

Hope he gets the help he needs as it would be a huge loss, but yeah, after I already had my troubles with his behaviour on this tour this is sad news.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    How about practicing not kicking people in the head. Or if you absolutely feel you HAVE to kick a photographer in the head don't wait a day, post something half assed on Instagram hoping it would go away, then following up with videos looking more like PR control than anything else.

No mention of reaching out to the photographer or anything other than the bare minimum.
    You have a high standard for apologies. I'll grant you the first, that one felt like one he was forced to do, one before he actually had time to think about what he'd done. But the new one, I will not agree with you about. That one feels genuine, like he actually went and saw the video of himself doing it, and it made him realize he fucked up more than he thought. Yeah, he's awkward in it, but he's placed himself in an awkward situation because of the stupidity of actions. I think he's feeling a lot of shame right now.

also, if she's pursuing legal action against him, it's not exactly smart to reach out to her directly.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    You have a high standard for apologies.
    lol

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The ironic thing is that Josh kicked out Nick Oliveri out of QUOTSA back in 2004 for similar behavior (he supposedly was violent with his girlfriend and i think he punched a fan once...)

I anyone knows what he did it's wrong is Josh, he looks sincere and worried, i hope everything ends up fine for all parties involved.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    lol
    I don't think this is funny. You may not agree with what I say, but I'm curious, what in your mind would be an appropriate apology? And don't say something like "a genuine one". I wanna know, in detail, what you'd feel would be an appropriate one.

And if it involves contacting her directly, I'm gonna shake my head because as of right now, she's going to pursue legal action. Contacting someone pursuing legal action against you is a very dumb thing to do, probably almost as dumb as the actual incident.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The first IG post was such utter bullshit it clouded anything that would follow.

He wasn't lost in performance...he was drunk or high as a kite and he very clearly deliberately did it, the video / photos show it. It mentions other things he kicked, as if to lump contact with the camera / photographer as part of the performance. It implies she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. "Brought to my attention" Bullshit, you looked right at her while you were doing it. "I would never intentionally..." again, you knew she was there. What did you think would happen?

That read more as a forced PR statement than an apology and therefore invited skepticism of any forthcoming statements.

And while we're so concerned about civil liability, where does posting a video to social media admitting to the assault fall on the dumbness scale?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The first IG post was such utter bullshit it clouded anything that would follow.

He wasn't lost in performance...he was drunk or high as a kite and he very clearly deliberately did it, the video / photos show it. It mentions other things he kicked, as if to lump contact with the camera / photographer as part of the performance. It implies she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. "Brought to my attention" Bullshit, you looked right at her while you were doing it. "I would never intentionally..." again, you knew she was there. What did you think would happen?

That read more as a forced PR statement than an apology and therefore invited skepticism of any forthcoming statements.
    I agreed that the first apology was bad. I also recognize it as a terrible PR statement, one that I believe 100% he was forced to nip it in the bud asap. I think it was done before he was able to recognize just how shitty what he did was. Sometimes you fuck up and think to yourself "It's not as bad as others are making it out to be" and then you start to realize that it very well is as bad. I think the second apology is very genuine. I see shame on his face.

And while we're so concerned about civil liability, where does posting a video to social media admitting to the assault fall on the dumbness scale?
    Nowhere when there's actual evidence of the assault. It would be dumb not to admit to it. And I think a public apology the caliber of the second one is 100% deserved because people should see his embarrassment for his actions

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Had the video apology existed on it's own and been offered the next morning, or afternoon even, I'd be more willing to take it as sincere. But as a second attempt going on 36 hours later this reeks of 'public outcry is forcing me to do this'.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Also, the photographer can't file charges. She can report the incident to the police. The police would then file charges, if they so choose.
    Chelsea Lauren is going to press charges, meaning that she's asking for them to be filed.

Fuck Josh Homme right now. Second apology was better, but he needs to be ready to be held accountable for this. The absolute LEAST he can do is pay her medical bills and replace any equipment that he damaged with his dumbass kick, and that gesture shouldn't lead to any settlements unless Chelsea is OK with that.
    @botley - I thought the same thing about the lights, but he was nowhere near any of them when he swung his leg.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninhead View Post
    Painkillers and booze do not mix well. Remember that kiddies.
    or too well as the case may be. i had to stop drinking because of meds i have to take. too dangerous. i'm more interested in being alert nowadays, sadly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A shame he has to be a douche right as the band announces a date in my city.

Usually I have to drive at least 90 minutes to see a decent show.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Second apology was better, but he needs to be ready to be held accountable for this. The absolute LEAST he can do is pay her medical bills and replace any equipment that he damaged with his dumbass kick, and that gesture shouldn't lead to any settlements unless Chelsea is OK with that.
    @botley - I thought the same thing about the lights, but he was nowhere near any of them when he swung his leg.
    For sure. To any people who may think I meant to excuse Josh's behaviour: well, I didn't mean to do that. He's absolutely in the wrong for doing what he did. I do believe he wasn't fully aware of what was happening when he did it, which of course is not an excuse. People hurting other people at a show are wrong for doing so, ESPECIALLY if it's a guy in a band or in another position of responsibility at the show.

The chattering about "oh, he clearly meant to do it, he's an evil fuck, so much worse because he's a big dude, or drinking, or on drugs, or whatever the fuck else I wish to speculate about"... not necessary, folks. It was just plain ol' wrong. And to me, Josh seemed concerned and upset that he had hurt someone after the fact, and I hope he's never in a position to hurt anyone again with such a juvenile display.

Look, people have been hurt at NIN shows. Sometimes by the guys in the band. That era is over now, but can you imagine if there was something like Instagram on the Self Destruct tour? Or if, next week at the show in Houston, Reznor throws his guitar in the air during "Terrible Lie" or swings a mic stand around and it lands on a woman's face in the pit? That's rock and roll, kids! It's not really ever been safe. People get hurt (or killed) at rock shows, through no fault of their own, and for no good reason at all, sometimes even by the fault of the artists. I hate that about some of my favourite artists, but it's true. And none of them should get a pass for it.
    Last edited by botley; 12-12-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I guess he took to the new QOTSA album title to heart then...

Awful to hear this. I hate any musician who aggressively handles or mistreats a fan in a stupid way. That kick was so exaggerated and out of the way it wasn’t an accident or an “in the moment” event. What a load of bullshit. Hope he pays for bills and damaged equipment for that.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I hate any musician who aggressively handles or mistreats a fan in a stupid way.
    I don't think we have heard whether Chelsea Lauren is a fan or not. She was working at the show and had been hired by the KROQ presenters to shoot all the bands on the lineup that day.