Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1516

Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Having been a fan for well over 20 years, I fully expect to not receive Deviations in spring. But if he took our money and sent the digital files I don't expect the delays to be too egregious. I only asked about the Tension Blu Ray because I just assumed it disappeared into the ether but this was the first I heard of a cancellation so I wondered if it was official.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Having been a fan for well over 20 years, I fully expect to not receive Deviations in spring. But if he took our money and sent the digital files I don't expect the delays to be too egregious. I only asked about the Tension Blu Ray because I just assumed it disappeared into the ether but this was the first I heard of a cancellation so I wondered if it was official.
    Nothing official, but it appears that NIN will most likely tour I am expecting an official US tour 2018. If it was my band I wouldn't release a live dvd/blu ray prior to a tour because it would take away interest from the tour. People like you and me would buy the Blu Ray and go to one or more of the shows, but a lot of people would say why go to the show when I can watch the Blu Ray at home, even though it is from the last tour. I would hope when the tour is over that they would release a box set of Blu Rays from a bunch of previous tours with full shows such as NINJA, Wave Goodbye shows, Tension shows, 2014 summer tour shows and the upcoming tour shows. Many other artists have done this with audio shows such as Genesis, Peter Gabriel, and Pearl Jam, but it would cool to have a video anthology of various tours.
    As for the vinyls, I'm not worried about getting them, we will get them, my only concern is I live in the desert. I don't buy vinyl in the summertime for obvious reasons, vinyl doesn't react well to 110 degree temperatures when the mailman leaves it at your door and it sits there all afternoon until I get home from work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got mine ordered, yAy!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    So was the Tension Blu Ray officially shelved or just ignored for a few years?
    Well Alessandro twitted "It wont be released" when I asked for his remix track name on it,

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't understand enough about costings I guess but I don't get how it can be financially better to go through the trouble and cost of having shows filmed by a film crew and then not release any product for purchase after it?

I mean it's on YouTube so it's obviously not the aesthetics he has a problem with. Perhaps they thought too much of it was released for free so there's not enough interest now

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Well Alessandro twitted "It wont be released" when I asked for his remix track name on it,
    Why can't TR just outright tell us why it didn't come out? I mean it was advertised and everything saying the DVD/Blu-ray would contain all the songs and additional bonus features. Why put some of it online then can the rest without even a one sentence explanation? Shit like that grinds my gears.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Why can't TR just outright tell us why it didn't come out? I mean it was advertised and everything saying the DVD/Blu-ray would contain all the songs and additional bonus features. Why put some of it online then can the rest without even a one sentence explanation? Shit like that grinds my gears.
    I wish interviewers would ask these questions, they never do

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I wish interviewers would ask these questions, they never do
    I know. That grinds my gears just as much.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Yeah, let's just ask him for a millionth time why did he decide to resurrect nin (again) and what inspires him to make an angry record now that he's a husband and daddy and if working on scores with Atticus influenced recent nin output.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
    I hate to weigh in on a topic drifting away from the thread title... but IS that a woman on the T-shirt? I thought it was a dude. Could be either (even if there was a vagina visible, which there isn't), there doesn't seem to be any indication of gender unless you think only women wear long hair. Oh well let's continue to be upset by it.
    Last edited by botley; 03-28-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I hate to weigh in on a topic drifting away from the thread title... but IS that a woman on the T-shirt? I thought it was a dude. Could be either (even if there was a vagina visible, which there isn't), there doesn't seem to be any indication of gender unless you think only women wear long hair. Oh well let's continue to be upset by it.
    True. Some people see what they want to see.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was a torture used in crusade era times. The only evidence it's a woman is the hair, and everyone had long hair back then. Also, every illustration I've ever seen of it at museums were clearly of men, so I think this is just people looking for something to get mad about.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    @WorzelG but why the facepalm though?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yeah, let's just ask him for a millionth time why did he decide to resurrect nin (again) and what inspires him to make an angry record now that he's a husband and daddy and if working on scores with Atticus influenced recent nin output.
    yeah, a good point! i'm also curious to know better why this strategy and what this means for the next steps to take (music and live performances). but i don't know what you mean with 'a millionth time'.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    yeah, a good point! i'm also curious to know better why this strategy and what this means for the next steps to take (music and live performances). but i don't know what you mean with 'a millionth time'.
    i think @fillow was expressing frustration at interviewers for repeatedly asking questions regarding the same topics instead of digging deeper and getting answers to questions that haven't already been answered multiple times in multiple ways.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @WorzelG but why the facepalm though?
    because how is a one-off question about a specific promise / advertised product and why it didn't happen the same as some tedious questions that have been asked and answered a lot of times?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    because how is a one-off question about a specific promise / advertised product and why it didn't happen the same as some tedious questions that have been asked and answered a lot of times?
    that was the point. eversonpoe got it right.
    i totally support the idea that we need truth behind Tenson.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    that was the point. eversonpoe got it right.
    i totally support the idea that we need truth behind Tenson.
    I get it now, I just misread your intention

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Back on topic. "One Way to Get There" sounds like it could have been developed from the same backing track as the TDS-era "Sex Dwarf" studio demo.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Back on topic. "One Way to Get There" sounds like it could have been developed from the same backing track as the TDS-era "Sex Dwarf" studio demo.
    I very much agree with this sentiment. There's not a full version of the "Sex Dwarf" demo floating around, is there? I've only ever heard the short 20-second clip from the Closure DVD (also on YouTube).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I've only ever heard the short 20-second clip from the Closure DVD (also on YouTube).
    That's just a clip from the original Soft Cell version.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. I forgot about the other clip from the studio.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 03-29-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any update on when this thing is shipping? Just started a vinyl collection and this will be number 2 so far

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Woods View Post
    Any update on when this thing is shipping? Just started a vinyl collection and this will be number 2 so far
    I'm assuming we'll be getting a series of posts approaching the end of Spring mentioning that we're nearing the end of the spring before we then enter the end of spring and we all talk about how it's now past spring despite being promised it would ship during spring and then it'll be like midsummer and we'll all be posting screenshots of shitty interactions with Gnarleywood and then some bill type poster will ramble about how we're all dumb for thinking it would ever ship and then, around August, we'll get an actual ship date and then it'll ship like two weeks later than that and then we'll all have ours get lost in the mail with no refunds or replacements because they didn't make more, and I know, I know -- I'm being optimistic, but what can I say?
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 04-11-2017 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling iz hard

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm assuming we'll be getting a series of posts approaching the end of Spring mentioning that we're nearing the end of the spring before we then enter the end of spring and we all talk about how it's now past speing despite being promised it would ship during spring and then it'll be like midsummer and we'll all be posting screenshots of shitty interactions with Gnarleywood and then some bill type poster will ramble about how we're all dumb for thinking it would ever ship and then, around August, we'll get an actual ship date ad then it'll ship like two weeks later than that and then we'll all have ours get lost in the mail with no refunds or replacements because they didn't make more, and I know, I know -- I'm being optimistic, but what can I say?
    You forgot the part where some people will randomly get refunded while firebrand basically says "lol fuck you". Then they'll magically find some laying around and ship them to other people.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    You forgot the part where some people will randomly get refunded while firebrand basically says "lol fuck you". Then they'll magically find some laying around and ship them to other people.
    I almost mentioned them sending you an inkbomb after having enough of you holding them accountable for their own subpar service but I felt it went without saying really

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Woods View Post
    More important question, what's your first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    More important question, what's your first
    The David Woods discography obviously.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I think I'm gonna open a ticket, see when they're gonna deliver these.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I think I'm gonna open a ticket, see when they're gonna deliver these.
    I like to imagine that every time you start fucking with these people Power by Kanye West starts playing despite no speakers or headphones being powered on in your household and you feel the most intense euphoria and influence before being told your request has been received and that they will get back to you within twenty-four hours.

Please post screenshots!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I believe they said they will ship in the spring, so there's a whole two months and a week left in order to reach that deadline.

Don't open a fucking ticket until June 22nd.