Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Live Speculation

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    What exactly does any of that mean?
    It means I'm going to grab your ass because it's all so exciting.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I thought that Hesitation Marks was the perfect bookend to the introspective side of NIN so is Trent now writing an album about Godzilla?
    He's always liked science fiction though so I would be totally down for a Year Zeroish thing. I just hope it can go international whatever it is
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-19-2016 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    What exactly does any of that mean?
    Trent will reveal what his favorite Gundam is.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm assuming they're concept drawings for past tours, not an upcoming one. If it was for an upcoming tour, he'd be bound by confidentiality agreements and would be in deep doodoo for posting those.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I'm assuming they're concept drawings for past tours, not an upcoming one. If it was for an upcoming tour, he'd be bound by confidentiality agreements and would be in deep doodoo for posting those.
    My thoughts as well. Moment Factory aren't stupid enough to leak something related to an up coming tour. They got a good thing going on with NIN and they know the rules.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'll be the cynic and guess it's a troll job lol. Origami stage and some monster on stage- all of it looks a bit ridiculous, along with the stage being about 30 feet above the crowd.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Sadly, it looks like you're most likely correct: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/arthur-segura-36375331

It looks like he left moment factory in February of 2015. This was probably a Tension concept.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This was probably a Tension concept.
    When I saw the drawings I actually thought more the 2014 lineup since it was for four members.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Who do people keep expecting festivals instead of proper shows??

Agree; while we can almost rule out festivals now there's still half a year left for regular gigs. I guesstimated that either we/d hear something around May/June or September/October. I had one week's notice for the Scala show in 2013.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Summer festivals are booked late 2015. Forget about it guys.
    I doesn't make any sense to have fall shows if there's no new material release before.
    Until we hear something about the new material, I'm 100% convinced there won't be any shows.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Summer festivals are booked late 2015. Forget about it guys.
    I doesn't make any sense to have fall shows if there's no new material release before.
    Until we hear something about the new material, I'm 100% convinced there won't be any shows.

In December Trent said there would be new material in 2016. I know he's not the best at following through on his promises (soon) but speculation seems warranted on that basis.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I asked the artist : it was for Tension.
    He changed his post title and apologies for the confusion

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    In December Trent said there would be new material in 2016. I know he's not the best at following through on his promises (soon) but speculation seems warranted on that basis.
    I still believe we're gonna hear some new stuff before the end of the year. Tour dates are another thing. Fall release with 2017 tour would make sense.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    still waiting...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, we can probably rename this thread to 2017 live speculation and let the tumble weeds roll through for at least a few months.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, we can probably rename this thread to 2017 live speculation and let the tumble weeds roll through for at least a few months.
    2022 speculation: is the alien hand coming from the sky promotional material? Also why does the water taste weird

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Whenever it happens, he better pull one of these during the first gig again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I doubt there is any NIN show this year at all but hey I've seen stranger things happen with other bands.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I want a tour at least before this Brexit shit happens because i'd like to maybe see them in Paris or Prague without having to get a fucking visa!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hell, why not keep the thread going - I was watching some random live videos and ran across some comments from people that think they know what's up (of course, they probably know nothing):

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Do we know if he'll ever tour again? He will won't he? He usually misses touring despite admitting how much he usually hates it.

I was watching that Live tension performance the other day, and damn it made me start missing seeing NIN live. I hope he goes at it again for another round soon.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    You're lucky no one facepalmed that post just for ending on the S word.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The massive Not True tour coming soon.

Not that farfetched considering *nothing* records, right? And Null.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    They're gonna start with Now I'm Nothing, play Me I'm Not, No You Don't, I Do Not Want This in the middle and end with Zero-Sum.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    They're gonna start with Now I'm Nothing, play Me I'm Not, No You Don't, I Do Not Want This in the middle and end with Zero-Sum.
    Sounds like a great show to me!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    And do an encore cover of Depeche Mode's Nothing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This was posted by the guy who stated late last year/early this year that he worked on a crew that worked on the stage show - this was posted on August 3:

"New Nine Inch Nails single announced today, will be released in September, album to follow in early-December. I know for a fact they're touring beginning in Dec."

http://www.inforoo.com/thread/35291/...thread?page=85

Obviously, he fell for the false single information, but that doesn't mean the rest can't be true?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This was posted by the guy who stated late last year/early this year that he worked on a crew that worked on the stage show - this was posted on August 3:

"New Nine Inch Nails single announced today, will be released in September, album to follow in early-December. I know for a fact they're touring beginning in Dec."

http://www.inforoo.com/thread/35291/...thread?page=85

Obviously, he fell for the false single information, but that doesn't mean the rest can't be true?
    I would put zero faith in any of this. I mean, it's still totally possible that the single isn't bullshit and Trent's just lying like he likes to do (and, really, if you're going to announce projects that never see the light of the day it only follows to denounce the existence projects you are releasing) but I doubt it heavily. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised about all this than majorly disappointed.

Also I find it hard to picture a tour starting in December. You'd figure they'd hit up some festival dates to shake the dust off and get some attention. I know everyone sort of expects smaller tours but knowing Trent I would be kinda surprised if he didn't go big next tour in terms of scale. The guy loves pushing what a live show can do and I think he knows they've not pushed that for a bit now. Then again maybe I'm just subconsciously hoping to have my own Lights In the Sky moment since I never got to catch that tour.