Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1516

Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Glad that Deviations is getting the priority release for whatever reason.
    i'm guessing it got its test pressings done before everything else since trent had been working on it longer (i.e. why we got "the fragile instrumentals" via apple music) but i could be wrong. it's possible it just had fewer issues compared to the other releases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm guessing it got its test pressings done before everything else since trent had been working on it longer (i.e. why we got "the fragile instrumentals" via apple music) but i could be wrong. it's possible it just had fewer issues compared to the other releases.
    Agree.

I don't have any money on this race, but my guess would be one or two rejected test pressings, coupled with record pressing plants always being backed up, have pushed these release dates back.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I'm not at all upset about the delay of these vinyl releases. Roasting Firebrand was fun in the interim, but all this means is that we get one hell of a second half of 2017 in regards to NIN. Vinyl reissues, new releases of music previously unavailable on LP, two new EPs of music, and at least another two hours of film score material.

Not to mention the festival dates and any other surprises he has up his sleeve. It's been worth waiting for.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I don't want to open my copy when it arrives. I want to keep it sealed. I always open all my vinyls with the exception of this since I already got a digital copy with my purchase.

So I'd like to ask all the vinyl experts in here, how should I go about inspecting the Vinyl and the jacket to make sure it wasn't damaged or defective when it arrives?

I also remember reading somewhere in here in an old thread a long long time ago, that the shrink wrap on vinyls "shrinks" a little bit after time; so to keep everything in pristine condition one would cut about a quarter inch on the edge of the shrink wrap to make sure the vinyl doesn't warp.
    Is this also correct?
    Any other tips like don't store the vinyl horizontally and don't put anything on top of it etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I'm not at all upset about the delay of these vinyl releases. Roasting Firebrand was fun in the interim, but all this means is that we get one hell of a second half of 2017 in regards to NIN. Vinyl reissues, new releases of music previously unavailable on LP, two new EPs of music, and at least another two hours of film score material.

Not to mention the festival dates and any other surprises he has up his sleeve. It's been worth waiting for.
    Don't forget a potential Deviations 2 maybe sometime this year or the actual 5.1 mix of The Fragile.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 06-22-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I don't want to open my copy when it arrives. I want to keep it sealed. I always open all my vinyls with the exception of this since I already got a digital copy with my purchase.

So I'd like to ask all the vinyl experts in here, how should I go about inspecting the Vinyl and the jacket to make sure it wasn't damaged or defective when it arrives?

I also remember reading somewhere in here in an old thread a long long time ago, that the shrink wrap on vinyls "shrinks" a little bit after time; so to keep everything in pristine condition one would cut about a quarter inch on the edge of the shrink wrap to make sure the vinyl doesn't warp.
    Is this also correct?
    Any other tips like don't store the vinyl horizontally and don't put anything on top of it etc?

Don't forget a potential Deviations 2 maybe sometime this year or the actual 5.1 mix of The Fragile.
    here's what you should do - since it will likely be a multi-gatefold and there's no way to get all the actual records out just by slitting the edge of the shrink wrap (which i would normally recommend). so, your best bet is to completely remove the shrink wrap, take the records out of the gatefold, and get a large outer poly sleeve to store the whole thing in (insert the gatefold, then place all the records in the sleeve with it).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    here's what you should do - since it will likely be a multi-gatefold and there's no way to get all the actual records out just by slitting the edge of the shrink wrap (which i would normally recommend). so, your best bet is to completely remove the shrink wrap, take the records out of the gatefold, and get a large outer poly sleeve to store the whole thing in (insert the gatefold, then place all the records in the sleeve with it).
    So something like these?
    https://www.amazon.com/100-Record-Ou.../dp/B000RA7IZS

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/tonar...ack/567671-01/

Sadly I can't find anything that is more than 3mm thick to house everything. And since we don't know the complete dimensions yet (or do we?) I will hold off buying anything until someone gets their hands on it so we can find out just exactly how thick the double gatefold will be. I assume it will be a double gatefold since the accompanying PDF with the digital copy shows what I assume is all the artwork that will be included in the vinyl jacket.
    Also something I'd like to point out, I recently read that everyone should stay away from PVC sleeves since over time it causes damage to the jacket and possibly the vinyl since it sticks to the surface and rips out when you try to take it out.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm desperate to see what the packaging and art for this thing is going to be. They've been marketing these reissues in the store as these really high-quality presentations and I've been prepping myself for some fairly bare bones, typical packages but this set seems distinctly separate enough from the other records that went up for preorder that I'm hoping it means we get some substantially cool, interesting miscellaneous stuff. I'd love it if there were some sort of book with commentary from Trent, Carson and Co. on the album, the Deviations project or the artwork, like the Smashing Pumpkins CD reissues have had, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've considered cancelling and then reordering stuff later on lately, so hopefully the shipping for all of this goes smoothly and without the constant hiccups we've all gotten used to by now.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm desperate to see what the packaging and art for this thing is going to be. They've been marketing these reissues in the store as these really high-quality presentations and I've been prepping myself for some fairly bare bones, typical packages but this set seems distinctly separate enough from the other records that went up for preorder that I'm hoping it means we get some substantially cool, interesting miscellaneous stuff. I'd love it if there were some sort of book with commentary from Trent, Carson and Co. on the album, the Deviations project or the artwork, like the Smashing Pumpkins CD reissues have had, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've considered cancelling and then reordering stuff later on lately, so hopefully the shipping for all of this goes smoothly and without the constant hiccups we've all gotten used to by now.
    If all goes smoothly, I owe you a Coke.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

The PDF that was included in the download isn't gonna be the artwork?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    The PDF that was included in the download isn't gonna be the artwork?
    It's a 4LP set that costs $80 (The Fragile, 3LP set is almost half that price), per the old store's metadata weighs quite a bit (don't remember the numbers, but more than a barebones package would), and it's shipping ahead of all the other vinyl announced for presale. I'd say there is a good chance that it's going to be more than just a gatefold with the artwork from the PDF. Nothing confirmed, but my gut says there will be surprises. Like kleiner352, I am trying to keep my expectations in check by assuming it will be basic nontheless, but who knows.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It will be shipped in a bag of dirt

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    You can have it all, four LPs and dirt

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    ^^ this is good.

I wonder how many cancellations they've had. I have just a handful of LPs given to me as gifts but no record player. I bought Deviations with the intention of buying a turntable at some point. After this long delay I canceled my order. I kinda lost interest. I suppose it's possible I'll reorder if the packaging is mindblowing but the delay really let the air out of my excitement.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    ^^ this is good.
    I wonder how many cancellations they've had. I have just a handful of LPs given to me as gifts but no record player. I bought Deviations with the intention of buying a turntable at some point. After this long delay I canceled my order. I kinda lost interest. I suppose it's possible I'll reorder if the packaging is mindblowing but the delay really let the air out of my excitement.
    Mhhh, well, I didn't cancel, just because it's my girlfriend who paid me it, like recently. BUT I dont have any shit record player and won't ever have one as this is highly ridiculous. Nin never was vinyl, it's a pure band from 1990's when K7 has been replaced by CD: complete useless non sense for me. Ho and of course I rarely listen to nin on something else that headphones...
    However, this halo will be vinyl only, and will probably become the most rare halo. Also..... yes I already bought everything on vinyl long before the new nin. Just for the big pictures.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    It's a 4LP set that costs $80 (The Fragile, 3LP set is almost half that price), per the old store's metadata weighs quite a bit (don't remember the numbers, but more than a barebones package would), and it's shipping ahead of all the other vinyl announced for presale. I'd say there is a good chance that it's going to be more than just a gatefold with the artwork from the PDF. Nothing confirmed, but my gut says there will be surprises. Like kleiner352, I am trying to keep my expectations in check by assuming it will be basic nontheless, but who knows.
    I too want to keep me expectations in check but regardless of it containing hidden extra material or just WYSIWYG I know that I will be satisfied.
    It's been nearly 20 years since TF has been released and us fans are finally able to listen to all the extra material that we have never beyond our wildest dreams are now able to enjoy.
    Holy shit, let that sink in for a moment.
    So much as happened in 20 years and this music still has a lasting effect and we still salivate for more.

I reread Trent's Vinyl statement and I decided to go back on my word about preserving the album just to have it unopened, I was basically going to rob myself of the art that Trent decided to share with us and that didn't sit well with me.
    I know that it will be another similar experience with Deviations as I got with The Fragile when I first experienced the amazing artwork that was accompanied by the music.
    It was really something special that I have yet to experience many times in my life, only TDS and TF had that effect of amazement of such details working in tandem with the visual art that set a particular mood.
    I live for these events and I cherish them so much that when I get the privilege that Trent allows us fans to have it is too hard to pass up.
    I only lament that it is a limited release and that there is a cost barrier that is stopping people from having the same experience as me and everyone else that has purchased the Deviations 1.

I am supper excited, I can't wait for it to be in my hands.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Deviations is on its way! Just got my shipping notification.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just got an email from the NIN store saying that my Deviations Vinyl is shipping out, btw:

Hello,

You’ll be glad to hear that your copy of The Fragile: Deviations 1 2017
    Limited Edition has been packaged up and is now on its way to you.

Your order has left our facility with tracking number
    <foo> - this tracking number could take 12-24hrs
    to become active on USPS.

You can track it here
    [1]https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input

If you ordered any other items alongside The Fragile: Deviations 1 2017
    they will be shipped separately.

Pre-orders for the 2017 Definitive Editions of Broken, Downward Spiral and
    The Fragile are still due to ship in early August.

We thank you, yet again, for your patience and hope you enjoy Deviations
    when you receive it.

Any questions, please go here:
    [2]http://nin-helpdesk.sandbaguk.com/support/home

Thanks

NIN store
    That's to an address in the US, if the USPS tracking number wasn't a giveaway.

Edit: I shake my fist at you, otnavuskire! If only I'd not taken the time to copy+paste the email!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Deviations is on its way! Just got my shipping notification.
    Yep I just got the email too.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I recieved the shipping email for Deviations as well. I'm in the US and bought from the old store. Lets see if it beats my Prick colored vinyl I ordered from the new store.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    YAAAAAAAY

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I asked the french crew nobody received it (this time lol)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got the email as well. In the US and ordered from the old store.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got the e-mail, ordered from the old store, but tracking number still at "pre-shipment."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not had the email yet, I originally ordered from the UK store.
    Anyone else had the email from the UK store?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing from the UK yet it seems. All the posts appear to relate to US shipping. I'm still waiting for my 'object' too ��

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mine has hit a pair of "origin" USPS facilities (one in PA, another in Jersey), and has an expected delivery date of July 5th. Which means it'll be shipping, via media mail, for the next week plus, to the (hot hot hot) Arizona desert.

Now to hope that Sandbag got the address change that I had communicated to firebrand and that the heat during shipping doesn't make a difference.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Looks like the US shipments were all mass-submitted, so we'll all probably see real tracking tomorrow.

Really hope it's fast shipping and gets here by Friday or Saturday. I've got a four-day weekend and no real holiday plans, so I'm definitely going to spend one of the late nights listening to it all the way through.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Looks like the US shipments were all mass-submitted, so we'll all probably see real tracking tomorrow.

Really hope it's fast shipping and gets here by Friday or Saturday. I've got a four-day weekend and no real holiday plans, so I'm definitely going to spend one of the late nights listening to it all the way through.
    Mine says it's expected to arrive next Wednesday, the 5th, so don't get your hopes up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Mine says it's expected to arrive next Wednesday, the 5th, so don't get your hopes up.
    Same for mine.

We've been waiting for 6 months, what's one more week?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    My tracking updated and is giving me a projection of Monday, so that's still workable. A little disappointing that it could take that long, though, especially since it's shipping from Jersey...