Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ohhhh...Gotcha!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Ally has played guitar on a couple of songs before as well, maybe it means he can focus on getting all robotronic.
    good point, i forgot he used to play guitar back there sometimes ('big comedown' if i recall). adds another point for versatility. the more people who can swap instruments only increases the likelihood of cool and interesting arrangements or song choices. meanwhile, you leave the heavy guitar work to the renowned virtuoso and the guy who knows most of the guitar parts inside and out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ilan plays guitar too

maybe every part will be reinvented with guitars

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    nine inch nails does the complete works of the grateful dead.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    And here I thought Josh Eustis was doing synths all along with Ally. Damn, I liked it better when i thought there were 2 synth players. But, I guess NIN does kinda need 2 guitarists don't they? Well, they're proably prepaired to have 3 now, with Trent probably playing the odd song.

I'm sure everyone will be switching roles accordingly to what songs are played anyway. Lohner always did Bass and Keys back in the day. So. i'm guessing Finck, Trent and Josh will all take turns playing synths when needed.

At this point, I think it's safe to say the only member who will be solely devoted to his weapon of choice will be Adrian. He'll probably stick to guitar and only guitar on this run. Ilan might even just stick to drums and only drums now with the addition of the extra 2 members on stage now, but even he has been known to pick up the keys when needed between drum parts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    All they need now is someone on beer keg:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was so sad that Robin would'nt be part of the live band....

Just read the news and now I'm REALLY excited to see NIN again!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm so fucking glad he's back. NIN live without Robin for me at this point in time would have been too weird. He brings so much to the table, he truly is the definitive NIN guitarist. As much as I look forward to seeing Belew and Eustis as a part of the band I still think there was an certain "je ne sais qua" element missing that none of the new guys brought to the band dynamic, and actually there are very few people other than Finck who could have brought it. I am honestly more excited now than I was when the initial tour announcement was made. Eric Avery is a hell of a bassist and having him would have made things very interesting, but he's a selfish prick and like they always say, things happen for a reason. I'm so glad he decided to bow out as otherwise this likely never would have happened. Give me Robin a million times out of a million compared to a man who can never fully commit to anything or anyone, as evident by the fact he hasn't done anything worthwhile whatsoever with himself in 20 years. Robin is so much more versatile, and can play in many different styles. The compliment of him and Belew playing together is going to blow minds. I think anyone complaining about "oh this is old NIN now, I wanted new etc" is out of their mind. The guy is an absolute shredder and will do whatever TR asks of him, faster and more effectively than Avery ever could. I know it's a different instrument but Finck is a soldier who has demonstrated multiple times his ability to carry out TR's vision whereas Avery I could see struggling to shut his mouth, finding himself standing in the way of what TR was trying to do. Avery just always appears to have such a negative attitude, and I think it's due to him expressing himself poorly and at the wrong times no less. I know Perry is an even bigger bitch than he is but at a certain point you have to put the band ahead of yourself and he's shown nothing but being incapable of doing that time and time again. When this tour finally debuts, mark my words anything not looking at this exchange as a positive will quickly eat crow when they are reminded how much Robin brings to the stage each and every night. Welcome home, sir. Welcome home.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I will say if this makes it more likely we get Finck's awesome "happiness in slavery" solo, I am happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well said, Agent...

I have to say...having now seen that Eustis, TR, and Ally can all play bass, synths, and guitar (I would also assume Ilan can also multi task, having seen him do synths and drums, and I think he played all the instruments on the New Regime stuff) and Robin and Adrian are onboard as killer guitarists, I would almost think nin was better off having a bunch of people that could switch instruments as needed. As it is, Justin, Danny, and Jeordie weren't solely bass players, ( I believe all three played guitar and synths as needed) so this is a little more on par with how things have classically been than they would have been with Eric. I was psyched to see Eric play with them but I'm glad he bailed when he did. I still think nin can be creatively exciting with this lineup...

Oh...and hello all....longtime lurker, first time poster.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Eric proved to be an asshole by bailing on the band. he lasts one week into rehearsals LOL. good riddance and NEVER TRUST ANYONE who has played with Janes Addiction.....I have a feeling Belew will only last one leg or so into the tour, the dude is in his 60s and has never toured this hard a schedule before...Robin can handle all the guitar duties himself anyway....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Adrian tours pretty regularly on his own. This might be a vacation compared to the smaller tours he does.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    Eric proved to be an asshole by bailing on the band. he lasts one week into rehearsals LOL. good riddance and NEVER TRUST ANYONE who has played with Janes Addiction.....I have a feeling Belew will only last one leg or so into the tour, the dude is in his 60s and has never toured this hard a schedule before...Robin can handle all the guitar duties himself anyway....
    Dude what the fuck is your problem. He clearly had good reasons to quit. And Belew fucking tours like crazy.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Considering some of my favourite artists have covered the Grateful Dead, it would be pretty awesome to add NIN to that roster :P

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Guys, relax. Half of NIN songs don't even have a bass guitar part in them, so Josh will have plenty of time to spend on keys/synths.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    "Where Is Everybody?" will make it's live debut with this setup, guarenteed!

EDIT: Speaking of which, I want to go listen to that song now! *puts it on*
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-17-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    we love nin 2009 tour

we worry for four years about if NIN is ever going to come back

they do in a sort of similar lineup

we complain about it being too similar

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, the lineup might be similar, but no guarentees about the stage setup, light show, visuals, song selection etc. being the same.

With 6 members instead of 4 now, this is going to open alot of new doors for things that haven't been done yet for a NIN show.

Plus, as I mentioned, I welcome this change very openly and excitingly. This gives me that extra push that this is GOING TO BE the tour you DON'T want to miss!
    I'd rather have Robin aboard than Eric any day of the week. People can bitch all they want, but Eric would have dragged the band down with his attitude, the signs are there, and that's why Trent was ok with his departure, he probably knew deep down it wasn't a good fit.

We can only assume this from his twitter comment about it just not being Nine Inch nails without Robin Finck.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Guys, relax. Half of NIN songs don't even have a bass guitar part in them, so Josh will have plenty of time to spend on keys/synths.
    Er, do we have it confirmed Robin's returning to play guitar then? I assumed he's playing bass in place of Eric.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Who cares what he's playing. Robin's in the band, that's enough to get us excited!! He can play the Tamborine or the Cowbell for all we care.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    You. Back to nin.com. Go on. Git.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    He clearly had good reasons to quit.
    What reasons were those out of curiosity? He had reasons sure, but I don't see how they would qualify as good ones. Nothing changed between when he committed to TR and when he backed out. He just changed his mind.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Er, do we have it confirmed Robin's returning to play guitar then? I assumed he's playing bass in place of Eric.
    The picture posted showed Josh on bass and Robin on guitar. Not to mention, can Robin even play bass that well?
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    What reasons were those out of curiosity? He had reasons sure, but I don't see how they would qualify as good ones. Nothing changed between when he committed to TR and when he backed out. He just changed his mind.
    The dates planned got longer (looks like Trent might be actually looking at a world tour), that is a very good reason. Plus, the film work thing might imply he got a confirmation on a job that was up in the air when he agreed to it.

But fuck it, he doesn't have to give US a reason, we're just the punters.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    World Tour was always in the cards though. The rest is pure speculation and doubtful at best otherwise he would have provided more clear info. It's a pure cop out on his part. He just decided it sounded like fun in theory when he got asked but when things started to become real he remembered he didn't really enjoy that lifestyle, and backed out. He owes TR an apology way more than he does the fans though. How Trent feels about his decision well probably never know. But his entire resume reaks of selfishness and a lack of commitment to everything he's been involved in, so as far as I'm concerned it's open season on his ass and he should fully expect that. To him its just one more thing he bailed on in his life though, so I doubt he gave any potential repercussion on how it effected anyone else other than himself a second thought.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    you can bet Trent told him in the beginning that this would take a full commitment. Eeric knew this would be a massive tour. TR stated that in the press release. 1 week into rehearsals this guy quits because the "tour dates kept coming" and he was "overwhelmed". In a way he is blaming TR. The "tour dates kept coming" LOL. WTF, that's not a good reason to quit. That's called being a 100 percent unprofessional asshole. Anyone who defends this prick is ridiculous. If this was the old days, TR would have handed him his ass in one way or the other. This is a monumental move on TR's part to resurrect NIN, his reputation is on the line if it doesn't go well, and he needs everything to go smoothly, and this guy bails out one week into rehearsals which could have fucked everything up. eric avery can fuck off and every NIN fan should think he's a joke. Like AGent says, its open season on his ass

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Stop acting like twats.

Stop acting like you speak for Trent when we're talking about two grown-ass men who are professional musicians. Move on.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Who cares what he's playing. Robin's in the band, that's enough to get us excited!! He can play the Tamborine or the Cowbell for all we care.
    No, those instruments are Trent's. Robin can play a mean banjo though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    No, those instruments are Trent's. Robin can play a mean banjo though.
    GOD I'd love to hear a banjo rendition of Burn.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    "Where Is Everybody?" will make it's live debut with this setup, guarenteed!
    But how will they do it without Charlie's flawless "who-o-o-o-o-oa" backup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who is the guy on the chair? Roy Orbinson?