fix the address
    hotshot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the pro-tip, vitriol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    "Overneath" was the stand out track of the album, that song is really, really good.
    Nice! Yeah, that song is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like it.

I like it but the drum patterns are very repetitive. He really needs a live drummer that can do amazing fills and shit to compliment the music. Also the lyrics are sporadically shitty and great in some areas. Some of the songs have a build up to the good parts. Twiggy straight lays it down on guitar and bass the music is great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love Overneath and Slo-Mo-Tion being next to each other.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The thing the album lacks are catchy lyrics and sing-along sessions. It's almost like the album is telling a story by the non-repetitve nature of alot of the lyrics.

I remember reading an interview a month ago or so where he said one of the things he changed up in the writing process of this album was how the lyrics were presented and straying away from the traditional chorus/verse/chorus/verse style he previously used... I can see what he means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I genuinely don't understand how people are comparing this to HolyWood? That album was a landmark....This one's a landfill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember reading an interview a month ago or so where he said one of the things he changed up in the writing process of this album was how the lyrics were presented and straying away from the traditional chorus/verse/chorus/verse style he previously used... I can see what he means.
    The Gardener beginning reminds me of Dangerous by Michael Jackson.

The way she came into the place I knew right then and there
    There was something different about this girl
    The way she moved
    Her hair
    Her face
    Her lines
    Divinity in motion

As she stalked the room
    I could feel the aura
    Of her presence
    Every head turned
    Feeling passion and lust

The girl was persuasive
    The girl I could not trust
    The girl was bad
    The girl was dangerous

She and every she...
    Last edited by Babali; 04-25-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post
    Michael Jackson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Michael happens to be my most-listened/favorite artist.. and I'm pretty sure Manson wouldn't just say it generally but he's a fan of MJ too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    That would be me.

The Beatles are over-rated pop bullshit. No doubt they had their place and time, but they simply can't stand up to any of the music made in more recent years. I hate how much praise they get when their music is pretty mediocre.
    I used to work with a meth head at Guitar Center who swore up and down that Led Zeppelin were hacks. You remind me of him. Now, you're entitled to your dumbassery and all, but almost nothing made today stands up to the Beatles at their best. There's a reason why they are still the biggest rock band in history, nearly half a century after their last album. Listen to the White album, Strawberry Fields, Let it Be, Sgt Pepper, etc, and tell me that they're not, to this day, incredibly weird, poetic, melodic, angry, surprising, inventive, passionate and everything else an amazing rock band should be.

You should recognize from the guy you're always spilling your billions of dumb sperm babies on, Marilyn Manson, how great the Beatles are. He worships them.

Can I get a hallefuckinglujah?

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I agree with Harry in the sense that I pretty much can't stand The Beatles (save a few of their songs). I do think they're incredibly talented, and I recognize that their music was hugely influential, but most of their music does nothing for me. But I think that's more of a "not my cup of tea" situation than a "wow, these guys are horrible" thing. I feel sort of the same way about Radiohead (though there are a lot more Radiohead songs that I like than Beatles songs).

Then again, I haven't heard a whole lot of their back catalog, so maybe I'd change my mind if I heard more of it.

/off-topicness
    Last edited by theruiner; 04-25-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    You should recognize from the guy you're always spilling your billions of dumb sperm babies on, Marilyn Manson, how great the Beatles are. He worships them.
    Would you mind pointing me towards the place that I was jerking-off over Manson?

And even if I was, why would I give a fuck what he thinks about the Beatles? As if I'm suddenly going to start liking a band because Manson likes them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Beatles are fucking amazing. And I love a lot of Paul's solo work and John and Georges. I even liked Ringo's second album quite a bit.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    That would be me.

The Beatles are over-rated pop bullshit. No doubt they had their place and time, but they simply can't stand up to any of the music made in more recent years. I hate how much praise they get when their music is pretty mediocre.
    OH FUCK.

You worship fucking Marilyn Manson, but you probably haven't even listened to "Baby You're a Rich Man." This is why some people should be shot for offering their useless fucking opinions.

Would you mind pointing me towards the place that I was jerking-off over Manson?
    You referred to his shittiest music as "his art." You might not have realized it at the time, but you were also jerking off.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-25-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Actually, of the posts from Harry Seaward i've seen around, I would say he jerks off more to Maynard and TOOL than Manson.

Also, I love how no matter what, this thread can NEVER stay on topic, ever. It's quite amusing.
    I think every other band under the sun has been talked about more than Manson in this thread.

For those just joining us, I'll sum the thread up for you:

-FIRST POST!!
    -When is the new album leaking?
    -Manson is amazing
    -Manson is fat
    -Manson can't preform for shit anymore
    -But Manson is Fat
    -Manson is amazing!
    -He is fucking fat, and he crawls all over the stage
    *Attack of the large font trolls*
    -Manson is Amazing
    -This new song sucks
    -Manson sucks
    -Has it leaked yet?
    -Manson is better than (enter band name here)
    -Has it leaked?
    -Where is the leak?
    -leak?
    -PM me the link!!!!!!!!!!
    -seriously, PM me the fucking link
    - brief 2 minute discussion about the new album
    -The Beatles suck
    -Fuck you, the Beatles are amazing
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-25-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the record, I was not trying to make a direct comparison to Holywood. I was just stating that I think this is his best effort since Holywood.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    OH FUCK.

You worship fucking Marilyn Manson, but you probably haven't even listened to "Baby You're a Rich Man." This is why some people should be shot for offering their useless fucking opinions.
    I don't worship Manson at all. I'll be the first to admit he's a drunk piece of shit with a dead career.

I've heard plenty of Beatles, you know since their music is fucking played constantly all over the god damn place. I don't hate them, but they're just so unbelievably overrated.

But yes, I guess I should be shot for not enjoying the Beatles. Seems like a reasonable response.

You referred to his shittiest music as "his art." You might not have realized it at the time, but you were also jerking off.
    Music is art whether I enjoy it or not.

Actually, of the posts from Harry Seaward i've seen around, I would say he jerks off more to Maynard and TOOL than Manson.
    Definitely true. I still don't give a fuck what Maynard and co. listen to though.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    But yes, I guess I should be shot for not enjoying the Beatles. Seems like a reasonable response.
    You didn't just say "I don't enjoy The Beatles." You said something infinitely stupider.

You might want to give a fuck what the people you listen to like, especially if you're going to deride that music as "overrated pop bullshit" that "simply can't stand up to the music made in more recent years." You might want to consider that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about too, and maybe just shut the fuck up. I just can't understand how "a music fan" can look at music the way you do.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-25-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite tracks are Hey cruel worls, and the lasst one.
    Theres definitely a stale period in the album, which probably starts from The Gardener and finishes a few tracks from the end.
    Musically its pretty fresh and dynamic, sometimes the transition from verse to chorus is a bit engy and could have done with a bit of fine tuning.
    I like it though, but I liked THEOL. Time will tell if this album has more longevity that the last one, but for now, it's doing the job.
    I feel theres more of a band/musical influence on this one, and it compliments the sound. Sometimes Manson's vocals doesnt sound as if its right for the music though, not so much Manson's vocals, but his choice of vocals.

Underneath does indeed sound much better on the album compared to the video of it that came out earlier on. It's much more dynamic and intense, and has gone from being my least interested song to one of the best on the album. I'm not a fan of the album version of No Reflection though. I miss the screaming chants as they were in the single. They're somewhat muted on the album version and it doesnt compliment it as well for me.

Overall 7/10 and has theres potential for some of the middle to late tracks to be growers, but even if they dont, I'll have more than a handful of tracks that will be on my playlist for the next few months.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    You didn't just say "I don't enjoy The Beatles." You said something infinitely stupider.

You might want to give a fuck what the people you listen to like, especially if you're going to deride that music as "overrated pop bullshit" that "simply can't stand up to the music made in more recent years." You might want to consider that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about too, and maybe just shut the fuck up. I just can't understand how "a music fan" can look at music the way you do.
    I guess I'm not a music fan since I think the Beatles are overrated and mediocre.

Christ, get over yourself.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I guess I'm not a music fan since I think the Beatles are overrated and mediocre.

Christ, get over yourself.
    Get over myself? You're the one with the authority to call the most acclaimed rock band EVER "overrated pop bullshit."

But sure, you're a music fan, if we're going to also define a reader as someone who thinks "The Twilight Saga is the greatest literature ever written, but Shakespeare is overrated crap." Your opinion is ignorant bullshit.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-25-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Get over myself? You're the one with the authority to call the most acclaimed rock band EVER "overrated pop bullshit."

But sure, you're a music fan, if we're going to also define a reader as someone who thinks "The Twilight Saga is the greatest literature ever written, but Shakespeare is overrated crap." Your opinion is ignorant bullshit.
    Nice false equivalence.

Your comparison might be valid if I thought 'the greatest music ever written' was whatever the music equivalent of 'Twilight' is, but I can assure you that isn't true. A more worthy comparison might be a reader who thought Shakespeare was overrated bullshit, but was a fan of an array of other respected artists who were directly inspired by him.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Nice false equivalence.

Your comparison might be valid if I thought 'the greatest music ever written' was whatever the music equivalent of 'Twilight' is, but I can assure you that isn't true. A more worthy comparison might be a reader who thought Shakespeare was overrated bullshit, but was a fan of an array of other respected artists who were directly inspired by him.
    No, the comparison is apt, and your opinion is bullshit.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    No, the comparison is apt, and your opinion is bullshit.
    So would you care to elaborate on which music I think is 'the greatest ever written' that is the sonic equivalent of the Twilight series?
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 04-25-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    So would you care to elaborate on what music I listen to that is the sonic equivalent of the Twilight series?
    Based on what you've said, you think Eat Me Drink Me by Marilyn Manson is better than Abbey Road by The Beatles. So you're the musical equivalent of a Twilight fan who thinks Shakespeare sucks.

I have a recommendation for you. I suggest you actually sit down and listen to an entire Beatles album from their latter catalogue. It's hard to believe you have, but whatever. Let's get back to talking about Marilyn fucking Manson I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Jinsai's uncanny ability to completely deflect logical arguments.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogan Warlord View Post
    I like Jinsai's uncanny ability to completely deflect logical arguments.
    I like your ability to completely redefine the word "logical"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like your ability to completely redefine the word "logical"
    Now that we mutually "like" each other, I'm getting all nervous.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Based on what you've said, you think Eat Me Drink Me by Marilyn Manson is better than Abbey Road by The Beatles. So you're the musical equivalent of a Twilight fan who thinks Shakespeare sucks.

I have a recommendation for you. I suggest you actually sit down and listen to an entire Beatles album from their latter catalogue. It's hard to believe you have, but whatever. Let's get back to talking about Marilyn fucking Manson I guess.
    If you think Marilyn Manson is the musical equal of the Twilight saga, you're an idiot. I have no doubt there are plenty of people here who strongly dislike Manson, but I do doubt very much that even they would make that comparison.