Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Who the fuck are Arcade Fire?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The comparison to HRC seems a bit off to me relative to Monica Lewinsky, etc. Bill Clinton lied about having consensual affairs with much younger women who worked with him, (or at least coming on to chicks at work), which contained power dynamics and elements of sexual harassment. No, I don’t understand why HRC stood by him, he cheated on her with chicks at work; he bought them gifts. He never actually had intercourse with them so maybe that means something, I dunno.

Win Butler is accused, by 4 women, of sexual misconduct.

That’s not “having an affair.”

Sexual misconduct includes criminal sexual assault.

Butler is calling these women liars.

Butler’s wife said: “He has lost his way, and he has found his way back.”

Characterizing 4 accusations of sexual assault as “losing your way” appears to be minimizing the gravity of the situation at hand.

I understand she may be trying to be a supportive spouse; perhaps she does not believe the accusations.

This may not end well.
    The thing that gets me about the ‘found his way back’ statement is that, No he didn’t find his way back, he was forced to be with his family by the Pandemic. Wonder if COVID hadn’t happened these stories would have gone beyond 2020

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'll play the accusation game, because I've seen scenarios like this. (of course, what I'm about to say doesn't always happen in these situations) :

I wonder if his wife is saying these things because she fears for her safety.

It's possible. It's also not possible, but I wouldn't dismiss it specifically because the allegations are sexual assault related.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    regine may even be ok extramarital sexual encounters. we don’t know what’s between them in their agreement for a marriage/relationship. the problem is she’s 100% denying the assault accusations. She could’ve said everything just the same and left out the part about consent. As mentioned, it could be for any reason. we don’t know why. it sucks tho. it’s an obvious attempt at deflection in favor of butler. perhaps to preserve what they built. the odds are in their favor too since many abusers go on to have great opportunities and careers.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Seems like more people are becoming aware of the accusations after she pulled out. I saw the band trending on Twitter for the first time since the article was published, and there were a lot of angry fans posting about how upset they were.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Seems like more people are becoming aware of the accusations after she pulled out. I saw the band trending on Twitter for the first time since the article was published, and there were a lot of angry fans posting about how upset they were.
    Wonder if Beck will pull out of the tour, too. He's supposed to open acoustic in Seattle. I looked at tickets & it was more money than I wanted to spend for them.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Wonder if Beck will pull out of the tour, too. He's supposed to open acoustic in Seattle. I looked at tickets & it was more money than I wanted to spend for them.
    He will if he's smart. Otherwise he'll get dragged into this just like she did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Beck's a former Scientologist, he's used to some controversy.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)