Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Unreliable recruiters.

If someone insists on calling me at 8.45 in the morning to shoe horn me into a face to face interview that afternoon, they don't have the right to take the hump if I can't make it because of a doctors appointment. Even if I didn't, they're still calling me at 8.45 in the morning to get me to commit to an interview at 2pm. Fuck off.

Especially given the company they represent bailed on the telephone interview scheduled the day before.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    ...as an offshoot of that, i can't stand the elevator etiquette/chivalry around this place. i am all for holding the door open for ladies and gents alike when appropriate, and offer up seats for old/pregnant people like it's no question. but if an elevator is packed, a girl is in the back corner, just get off the damn elevator in a logical fashion and don't shuffle around annoyingly to let her through first. it is hell of awkward and defeats the purpose of being nice to your fellow man.
    I understood the elevator etiquette for precisely this reason. But I gotta say, the door holding one, I like that chivalry, its almost as endearing as a man making the effort to walk on the curbside of the sidewalk. Call me old-school. What I don't like is when people (man or woman) open the door for themselves and don't even look back and be polite to the person (man or woman) two steps behind. Or when you hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you. That one pisses me off - it can be a 15 old boy or a 60 year old woman - both are devoid of manner - take em out back and shoot em..

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    When my cell phone service texts me to remind me I'm about to be charged for my monthly service, the message is full of insipid text-speak: Ur service will b renewed & ur credit card charged on ur end date.

You're a fucking corporation. Speak English.
    Oh you must tell me who your provider is. This one cracks me up.

Procrastination - I have probably 15 things on my personal to-do list and am now going to have to spend my whole weekend doing them rather then lazing away a nice summer weekend. Waaah.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Oh you must tell me who your provider is. This one cracks me up.
    Somewhat ironically... Straight Talk.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    These daily emails about this or that petition are getting dangerously close to spam.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    That awkward moment when your best friend from high school doesn't even tell you they're getting married, but the guys your hung out with 2-3 times outside of school and occasionally chat on facebook with invites you to his wedding and loves your instagram photo of them so much he makes it his profile pic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll never understand how the postman comes at a different time each day and yet always manages to miss me. I'm working in the morning, he comes at 11. I'm working in the afternoon, he comes at 2. I'm in the shower, he ignores the doorbell, lightly taps on the door and leaves without trying again. Half the time the things I have to get redelivered would quite easily fit through the letter box (and aren't registered, so it's not like I have to sign for them).

To make matters more annoying, the tracking number for the registered packet he wrote down this time on the 'Sorry I missed you because I don't actually like people to receive their post!' slip was completely fucked up. The I's and 1's looked exactly the same. The forward slash before the last few digits turned out to be a 1. The redelivery service on the website would not let me proceed until I had the number right. I had to keep guessing which things were 1's and which were I's until I eventually got it right. Fucking inept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched a guy pick up and forcefully throw his 2-3 year old daughter into his shopping cart at Walmart, while his wife stood by and said nothing. Since she wasn't going to, I did. Got right up in the guy's face and told it to try that again, but with me. Realizing he was a good half foot shorter than me, he quickly said sorry and hurried off. I spent the rest of my grocery shopping trip hoping to run into him again.

I hate white trash 'tough guys' who think they can manhandle a kid and get away with it.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    This doesn't piss me off so much as bug me a little, but, what is so hard about responding to a Facebook invite (to a very small thing at my place)? Also, it's hard not to be like "Okay. " when you send the invites out far enough in advance that you basically can tell that someone isn't going because something better came along later. I mean, I get it, it happens, we've all done it, but yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    This doesn't piss me off so much as bug me a little, but, what is so hard about responding to a Facebook invite (to a very small thing at my place)? Also, it's hard not to be like "Okay. " when you send the invites out far enough in advance that you basically can tell that someone isn't going because something better came along later. I mean, I get it, it happens, we've all done it, but yeah.
    I'm sorry, but I am totally that guy a lot of the time. I will usually respond with a "Maybe", that way if I don't feel like going later on (or, like you said, something better comes along) I haven't fully committed. Shitty, I know.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    facebook invites in general are pretty depressing. the worst was the six month period where you received notifications when someone declined your invite. it's never personal, people have lives and commitments, but it was like high school rejection all over again.

i personally don't pay much attention to invites in general, as i've been getting so flooded with them that i can't handle it. can't stand when people invite me to things in a different city/country, either. i generally try to narrow it down to friends i think would be interested, but the basic criteria is: do you live here?

edit: FUCK YOU DIGITAL SKIPS
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 08-21-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I graduate on Sept 24. But my university health insurance ends today, more than a month in advance. I have the option to prolong it for a month, at the cost of $1000. Wonderful.
    However, I begin work at the same university on Sept 1, which would leave me 10 days of no coverage.
    I am considering getting a travel insurance for those days.
    Oh and btw my university was just today ranked #1 worst in the country for financial aid and administration.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    just be really, really careful for those 10 days.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The place I'm buying my camera from has said they have a camera ready for me to pick up tomorrow, but they've also marked one as being ready for shipping. When I asked them about this, they said it'd be fine for me to come in and pick it up when it arrives, but I'd hate to make the trip to pick it up and have them say "But we just posted this" and then have to wait a couple of days for it to arrive.

Plus if they post it out it'll mean I don't get it until next week and I've got hardly any time to get used to it before a gig the following week. Oh well, I'll just wait until tomorrow and see how it ends up...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    The best part about this was that I then forgot to reply to an invite from Frankie on FB for something last night. It's because I thought I was going to make it and then realized it wouldn't really work and then got distracted and asdfghjklkegrgijgoiarglk;ajfkjaf;ajf
    Last edited by playwithfire; 08-23-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i facepalm with straight up love. don't sweat it!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    $400 on brake pads and rotars. Damnit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's, like, twenty hours until my bus trip back to Galway to go to Pride and see people but some reason I'm massively stressing out over it. Just finished packing and I just feel oddly nervous and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    I feel your pain....I will be doing the same thing very soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Getting emailed a "meeting agenda" in .ppt format the night before a 6:30 AM meeting, and then listening to some asshole just read through that same .ppt in the meeting. I don't need to get up for a 6:30 AM meeting to listen to someone read the thing that I already read the night before. I really don't. I really. Fucking. Don't.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    the new apartment is awesome, although my new room mate sleeps on the couch all the time, when i asked her why...her answer was bed bugs. BED BUGS! WHO THE HELL DOESN'T TELL SOMEONE THEY HAVE BEDBUGS BEFORE THEY MOVE IN! THAT SHIT BETTER NOT MAKE ITS WAY OVER TO MY ROOM

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    fucking nightmare. our building (but NOT our apartment) had those and we had to pretty much live out of bags for about six months while the building was sprayed. advise your roommate to get a new mattress ASAP and to wash her clothing, dry it for like an hour (or dryclean), and seal it in plastic bags for a long time.

even though we never actually had them, the process itself was one of the worst times of my life.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Damn that is expensive..I just replaced mine and don't think I paid more than $100 total. Though I did the labor myself. I feel your pain though, I need to have a bunch of work done on my car that I don't know how to do and it's gonna cost a fortune.

Actually I got a flat tire on the way to work today. Thankfully I hadn't left my neighborhood yet and was able to change it pretty quickly. But now I need to buy a new tire. And I just got dumped last night.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone else find it extremely irritating and childish when someone changes the name of a band they don't like? For example, I hate Limp Bizkit as much as the next guy, but Limp Dickshit? Clever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    fucking nightmare. our building (but NOT our apartment) had those and we had to pretty much live out of bags for about six months while the building was sprayed. advise your roommate to get a new mattress ASAP and to wash her clothing, dry it for like an hour (or dryclean), and seal it in plastic bags for a long time.

even though we never actually had them, the process itself was one of the worst times of my life.
    well she left her old apartment because of them, chucked the mattress and bagged any soft items she had and has been washing them nonstop. the new mattress arrived but she wont put it in her room yet because she saw some bugs on something still. I guess I will just stay off the couch and keep checking my mattress daily for any signs

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That is high (unless it was all 4) - I just paid $272 for 2 brake pads and rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    well she left her old apartment because of them, chucked the mattress and bagged any soft items she had and has been washing them nonstop. the new mattress arrived but she wont put it in her room yet because she saw some bugs on something still. I guess I will just stay off the couch and keep checking my mattress daily for any signs
    You better keep your stuff all bagged too for a while. Whenever I go to NYC I have this huge ziplock bag that I put my small suitcase in, no matter what hotel I'm in.

Pissing me off - summer's getting over and the days are getting noticeably shorter already.
    Last edited by redshoewearer; 08-26-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    the new apartment is awesome, although my new room mate sleeps on the couch all the time, when i asked her why...her answer was bed bugs. BED BUGS! WHO THE HELL DOESN'T TELL SOMEONE THEY HAVE BEDBUGS BEFORE THEY MOVE IN! THAT SHIT BETTER NOT MAKE ITS WAY OVER TO MY ROOM
    So those buggers finally made it north. I knew NYC had a terrible problem and not quite two years ago I encountered them in a hotel in southern Connecticut so I was just waiting for the scourge. As everyone has said, bag it and keep everything off the floor. Make sure someone is doing something about them stat, it can only get worse.

Left my car in airport parking for four days, returned at 12:30 am and d-e-a-d. Didn't get to bed until 3am waiting for a jump and driving home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Suddenly I'm terrified about going to Paris because apparently they've had a lot of bed bug outbreaks lately :|

What I came here to post was this: I really don't understand why people can't just say why they're mad at you instead of sulking for days and getting progressively more pissed off with you every time you fail to stop doing WHATEVER it is you're doing that made them so mad in the first place. It's even worse when you're pretty sure you haven't done anything wrong. Ugh.
    Last edited by Hula; 08-27-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: millions o' typos

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    For those of you dealing with bedbugs: http://bedbugregistry.com/ and http://bedbugger.com/links/
    Those things give me nightmares.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Being depressed when I should be happy. Starting to think I should just conform to my parent's wishes.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I got up this morning around 12:45 to get a snack. I went back to bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I heard what sounded like breaking glass- and it appeared to be coming from my living room.

Scared the shit out of me. I very cautiously came out of my room, flipped on all the lights in my apartment, and checked everywhere. Nothing. Completely false alarm. I have no idea if it was something outside or what, but I swear I heard the sound of glass breaking and it was loud. Weird.