Thread: Star Wars: Kylo Ren's dad, aka Han Solo movie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The only thing ruining the new Star Wars movies are Star Wars fans... yeah I said it.

So many YouTube videos of grown men whining and throwing hissy fits about why they're not going to see Solo. I love people who boycotting a movie they never even seen.

One douche was blaming everything on Kathleen Kennedy. The way this guy speaks about her, you would think she was never involved with some of greatest movies ever made. But oh no, she ruined Star Wars for him and according to him she is a failure.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-16-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The only thing ruining the new Star Wars movies are Star Wars fans... yeah I said it.

So many YouTube videos of grown men whining and throwing hissy fits about why they're not going to see Solo. I love people who boycotting a movie they never even seen.

One douche was blaming everything on Kathleen Kennedy. The way this guy speaks about her, you would think she was never involved with some of greatest movies ever made. But oh no, she ruined Star Wars for him and according to him she is a failure.
    i posted the video up above (unless there's another dude who did the same thing hahahah)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i posted the video up above (unless there's another dude who did the same thing hahahah)
    Probably lol. He has quite a few vids on it. These movies are making millions... billions... and this dude thinks he is gonna change that. I bet even most of the folks saying they won't go see Solo will go see it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Probably lol. He has quite a few vids on it. These movies are making millions... billions... and this dude thinks he is gonna change that. I bet even most of the folks saying they won't go see Solo will go see it.
    and also just...the entitlement required to think he's justified in his position is mind-blowing to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    and also just...the entitlement required to think he's justified in his position is mind-blowing to me.
    That dude is just frigging overboard. He tries to make it like Kathleen Kennedy is not a anti-woman thing, but I gotta question that. Kennedy is not some supervillain and has quite an amazing record in film.

Then these people blow Mark Hamill's behavior out of proportion. Whether he hates The Last Jedi or not, I honestly believe Mark has been done with Star Wars for a long time. I don't think The Last Jedi ruined anything for him.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I don't think he believes he can change it. He just wants to feel special.

There are examples about this in almost everything in life. You can say you won't watch this movie because based on the trailers it sucks, or you can make a 5 hours long video, where you talk about how SW is your life, and you were a big fan since the age of 4, blah blah blah, but you won't watch it this time and you hurt inside. Another good example of this behavior is everything that starts with "As a moother..."

Not sure where the fuck white males stereotype came once again. After our election, the equivalent of this shitty video was a post circulating Facebook by a 20 years old girl, who wrote a wall of text about how she has to leave the country now, because all hope is lost. Youtube is full of this shit with every gender and race included. 95% of those videos are trying to manipulate you with feelings, and there's a 5% left for actual content and opinion. It's the world we live in now; it doesn't matter how stupid you or your opinion are, because as long as you can present it in a way where people can sympathyze with you, it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    I'm one of those people who's boycotting this. As a Star Wars fan I am interested in seeing Solo, but after those last few films... no thanks. Don't wanna support this, even though it obviously won't make a difference. I think they're taking it in the wrong direction by letting Star Wars become the next Marvel (I do like the MCU, but that's not what Star Wars should be imho).

I'm not a big cinema goer, and to me, TV series are just simply superior anyway. Still, I can't understand boycotting movies, like what the fuck. Yes, TLJ was an absolute disgrace, but who cares? I get my popcorn, I grab my buddies, we watch some pew-pew for 2 hours, we'll have something to discuss for an hour and that's it. I barely spent anything on it.
    Last edited by Volband; 05-17-2018 at 06:07 AM.