Page 66 of 123 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I really hope Ramm4 gets relegated to b-side. I find it very underwhelming and even worse with all the rehashed lyrics of song titles, I know a lot of people over on the R+ reddit love it, but did we really wait ten years for the release of a track like that?
    @ManBurning you have a point, if it came as an xmas gift, a download of Ramm4 - I guess that would be good. Just not the album opener!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I’d prefer it to be a b-side as well and we get a “Ramm5” that’s totally different.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    We're looking at an April release friends! 4 months to go!

Kruspe tells Consequence Of Sound: “We’re finishing up the last mixes, and it’s going to come out probably in April of 2019.”
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/ram...7TYEsu0ig4hR3s

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ramm4 was a nice tie in for the recent live shows as there was no fresh release for a long time. So that track came in quite handy as a little fan service, but as a proper track on a record that is only 11 songs long I'd be more than dissapointed.

A lot of things are rather fishy again these days concerning the live shows and I honestly didn't want to buy into that bullshit again, yet it is what it is. And in this case it's Rammstein. For me as a German most importantly but as a fan of live rock music in general, you don't want to miss that. I'd take a Cold and Black and Infinite tour in Europe over a Rammstein show any day, but I'm actually stoked against all odds for the upcoming tour. Zero hopes for the new record but I know the band is going to deliver on the old lore definitely.

Out of curiosity.. how much did everybody else in Europe end up paying for an arena ticket for this leg?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Lindemann just posted like a 20 second video story of some... I donno.... rap music?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Lindemann just posted like a 20 second video story of some... I donno.... rap music?

I think that’s this:

http://en.rammsteinworld.com/news-10...per-haftbefehl

TILL IN A VIDEO OF RAPPER HAFTBEFEHL
    Till in a video of rapper Haftbefehl
    Partager : Partager sur Facebook Partager sur Twitter Partager sur Google+
    On November 19, 2018, Till Lindemann participated in the shooting of the video clip "Mathematik" by the German rapper Haftbefehl. The video was shot in a Berlin nightclub, the "Astra Kulturhaus" by the director Zoran Bihać, who knows Till well since he made several videos for Rammstein but also Lindemann.

The single will be released on December 25, 2018.

TILL IN A VIDEO OF RAPPER HAFTBEFEHL

On November 19, 2018, Till Lindemann participated in the shooting of the video clip "Mathematik" by the German rapper Haftbefehl. The video was shot in a Berlin nightclub, the "Astra Kulturhaus" by the director Zoran Bihać, who knows Till well since he made several videos for Rammstein but also Lindemann.

The single will be

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    According to Apple it will be an EP.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    uhmmmmm........... hard pass for me, lol.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    uhmmmmm........... hard pass for me, lol.
    lol.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    lol.

Yeah, I lasted a minute and 6 seconds into this before I turned it off.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, Haftbefehl is a rapper based in Berlin and sadly rather popular. Odds that he ran into Till on several occasions and events are very high, so this is no surprise. But a bad one. Jesus...

One a side note: spent time with some friends from Berlin last weekend and they told me about meeting Till a couple of times at the supermarket casually grocery shopping in a thick black coat and Ollie hanging out at the bar we passed by. Not surprising, but I always like to be reminded that these are normal people off stage.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yeah, I lasted a minute and 6 seconds into this before I turned it off.
    Tell me what you think about the last 10 seconds or so watching Till literally fuck himself.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Ollie hanging out at the bar we passed by.
    I could have SWORN I walked passed Oliver in the Subway station when I was in Paris this passed June...
    They were recording in France earlier this year, weren't they?

Tell me what you think about the last 10 seconds or so watching Till literally fuck himself.
    Thanks for making me go back and watch that... I hate you lol.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-19-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The song reminds me of G-Spot Michael with all the “ficks”.

Hmmm... it kind of seems like Till is chucking a Maynard/Puscifer with his Lindemann project and making it be whatever the hell he feels like; not necessarily just albums with Peter doing the music.

And look at this Decihell stuff. Like designer clothing?

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1921133787948996&id=815988031 796916&_ft_=mf_story_key.1921133787948996%3Atop_le vel_post_id.1921133787948996%3Atl_objid.1921133787 948996%3Acontent_owner_id_new.815988031796916%3Ath rowback_story_fbid.1921133787948996%3Apage_id.8159 88031796916%3Astory_location.4%3Astory_attachment_ style.multi_share%3Apage_insights.%7B%228159880317 96916%22%3A%7B%22role%22%3A1%2C%22page_id%22%3A815 988031796916%2C%22post_context%22%3A%7B%22story_fb id%22%3A1921133787948996%2C%22publish_time%22%3A15 27086448%2C%22story_name%22%3A%22EntShareCreationS tory%22%2C%22object_fbtype%22%3A32%7D%2C%22actor_i d%22%3A815988031796916%2C%22psn%22%3A%22EntShareCr eationStory%22%2C%22sl%22%3A4%2C%22dm%22%3A%7B%22i sShare%22%3A0%2C%22originalPostOwnerID%22%3A0%7D%2 C%22targets%22%3A%5B%7B%22page_id%22%3A81598803179 6916%2C%22actor_id%22%3A815988031796916%2C%22role% 22%3A1%2C%22post_id%22%3A1921133787948996%2C%22sha re_id%22%3A0%7D%5D%7D%2C%22368738039989466%22%3A%7 B%22page_id%22%3A368738039989466%2C%22role%22%3A16 %2C%22actor_id%22%3A815988031796916%2C%22psn%22%3A %22EntShareCreationStory%22%2C%22sl%22%3A4%2C%22dm %22%3A%7B%22isShare%22%3A0%2C%22originalPostOwnerI D%22%3A0%7D%7D%7D&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    well, that was umm, uhhh, yea.

Bobbie Solo hit the nail on the head with the gif.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That was great, I love it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I just looked up a translation for the lyrics of the song. They're hilarious. I kinda love it now.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I just looked up a translation for the lyrics of the song. They're hilarious. I kinda love it now.
    haha, agreed.

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/mathe...thematics.html

Mathematics

Fuck fuck fuck
    Fuck fuck fuck
    Fuck fuck fuck it right

I never wanted to go to school
    I wanted to watch TV
    Instead of stupid addition
    Subtraction and division

We can skip the calculations
    Why should I think so much?
    Why should I torture myself with numbers?
    There are machines for counting money

Fuck fuck fuck Mathematics
    Fuck fuck fuck it right
    Algebra isn't important at all

Fuck fuck fuck it right

I never wanted to go to school
    Calculating nth roots, amounts, integrals
    Geometry, and these quotients
    I don't give a shit about them

There's a joint in the corner of my mouth and I'm on my way to school
    Eyes red as tomatoes, listening to fucking Kool Savas on my walkman*
    What's algebra? Bitch, I only know street-maths,
    I learn counting trough hash and weed
    I put them on the scales and you pay me

We have to write tests all the time
    The teacher is rubbing her palms when we are suffering
    I only say what all of us thinks
    Math is shit, we can skip it

Fuck fuck fuck it right

I used to go to school, but unfortunately three weeks later
    My teacher said, "Who are you?", I said, "Oh, what do you want to tell me?"
    Had my bag full of drugs when I was only fifteen
    Threw my chair out the window and said "Ciao, you sons of bitches!"

One plus one makes two, two plus two makes four
    I don't need to know more, that's enough
    Why should I torture myself with numbers?
    There are machines for counting cash

And there are so many know-it-alls who know everything better
    These know-it-alls, they should fuck themselves
    They should get together in the maths-circle
    They have good grades, but shitty clothes

Fuck fuck fuck it right

Fuck fuck fuck it right

Fuck fuck fuck (Fuck fuck fuck)
    Fuck fuck fuck
    Fuck fuck fuck it right

Fuck fuck fuck (Fuck fuck fuck)

We count money, we don't need to count anything else - no
    We count money
    We count money, we don't need to count anything else - no

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Shall we make some live song predictions for the two upcoming New Year’s shows in Mexico?

I’m going to take a random stab at “Mein Land”.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Ahh, thank you for bringing this back on topic, I actually wanted to respond to @dlb the other day and tie a quote you wrote in the Cold and Black... spoiler thread into the discussion...

A lot of things are rather fishy again these days concerning the live shows and I honestly didn't want to buy into that bullshit again, yet it is what it is. And in this case it's Rammstein. For me as a German most importantly but as a fan of live rock music in general, you don't want to miss that. I'd take a Cold and Black and Infinite tour in Europe over a Rammstein show any day
    The instant I read that, the first thing that popped in my head is "are you crazy!?" I thought to myself... The theatrics, the fire, the epicness of a R+ show! And you'd rather see a dinky little stripped down theatre show?

And then... I went on with my day. But... the more and more I kept coming back to your quote. And then I gave it some serious thought... and then I thought back to a post I made the other day in the cold and black thread:

Trent seems to like to keep everyone on the seat of their pants until show time it seems, scrapping fully blown rehearsed production sets mere days/hours before showtime.
    to which @Erneuert responded:

Now if only Till would get like that with Rammstein.
    And then I started thinking again... You're right. I would take a cold and black and infinite show over a Rammstein spectacle any day of the week. Not to say that R+ is bad, by any means... far far from it. R+ is probably one of the best live acts out there hands down.

BUT...

at the end of the day, it should be all about the music.

I love a good Rammstein show, but that's about it key word: :"A" good rammstein show. Not 2, not 3, not 7... 1. You see a R+ show on the tour, and frankly, you're good til the next tour cycle. Why is that? Because they don't change up their bloody setlist!!

And that is the biggest issue I have with Rammstein. Their setlist rarely EVER changes. I can see why though, they have a HUGE production, they can't just swap songs in and out on the fly like that of a more stripped down show. I feel like they maybe got a little to in over their heads with the production of the shows, and the music ends up taking a backseat.

I for one, am pretty sick of the 6 Mutter singles, all of which are usually almost 100% likely to show up in any given setlist on any tour of theirs.
    They just stick to the same songs... from Herzeleid it's usually DRSG, Asche Zu and Seamann. From Sehnsuct it's usually Du Hast, Engel and maybe the odd Sehnsucht thrown in there... then there are the 6 Mutter singles, and then the big 3 from Reise: Mein Teil, Amerika and Keine Lust and that's already the majority the set. The rest of the songs are usually whatever given album they are currently touring on.

I for one would like to see some of the more obscure songs played... Eifersucht, Alter Mann, Hell... bring back Spiel Mit Mir or Tier already!
    Zwitter, Adios, Spieluhr. Play some bloody songs from Rosenrot too! That album gets neglected.

Another thing that really irks me about a R+ show is they will always exclusively play Moskau in Moscow and Fruhling in Paris in Paris but nowhere else??
    Does the rest of the world not want to hear those songs too?

Just an observation. I've seen 7 of their shows, and it feels like all but 2 of them have been the same set. Yet I saw then on different tours/years.

So prediction wise?? if I had to guess...
    It'll be the same set as the Festival 2017 shows I bet, with 1 new song thrown in there. That's my guess.

It's immediately after x-mas, I doubt they have much time to rehearse over the holidays, so I bet they are going to play it safe and stick to what they know and maybe debut a new single.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-20-2018 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've seen them 4 times since 2005. The 2005 setlist was the best I think, at Manchester we got Moskau, Los (Plugged), Rein, Raus & Morgenstern and at Cardiff that year they added Benzin which was all really cool. I think the majority of those tracks disappeared from rotation following the Ahoi tour. The 2010 LIFAD tour was rightfully full of that album and it was before the title track got the chop, so it was really enjoyable for me. 2012's MIG tour we got WIDBIFS and Asche Zu Asche, Mutter, Buck Dich & Mann Gegen Mann which was quite nice too, however a deeper cuts tour would be greatly appreciated.

I get that they base the setlist around the stage props, but I am with you on wanting more Rosenrot ManBurning - it's absolutely ridiculous that it gets neglected. It seems they debuted a couple at the secret club shows that never seem to get left in rotation, Mein Land & Zerstoren also sadly being relegated to that position. A really underrated track that I was really hoping for in 2012. All this doesn't stop me from paying whatever cost for a ticket every time they tour - however I'm not making the Milton Keynes one next year, a little pissed they've just sacked off the regular arenas and venues they hit.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Only one wish for the setlists: retire Pussy

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, for me every NIN show is way more personal and exciting than any Rammstein show. As many of you know, I'd die to travel back in time and experience the Mutter tour. That, for me, was the peak of Rammstein just right after the Berlin shows that got released on DVD. It didn't get any better than that excpet for the MIG shows maybe imho.

The show in 2017 in Berlin was a neat surprise though as they played Hallelujah, Zerstören and Ramm4... so 3 new songs that I had not heard before. For me a Rammstein show is by no means emotional except for a song like Mutter. The rest is just sheer bombast, a great one for sure and one of the best I have ever seen, but once you've been to big pop concerts like Lady Gaga, Muse or even Pink and Beyonce, the big wall that Rammstein build each and everytime is starting to crumble for me. I just can't see what is so exceptionally special about some well thought out pyro techniques anymore... okay, Rammstein are the only band in the metal category that dishes out something like that but even Slayer are doing great on their current farewell run. Hell, I'm always beyond that out of all even Americans are so head over heels with these shows. Most of the time Europe ends up getting smaller stage productions from arena-type artists, so I was baffled when people from overseas told me many years back that the Rammstein production is blowing their minds. Europe on the other hand rarely sees big shows like this, so I can understand why everyone is in awe when Rammstein hit town.

Not to say anything bad about a Rammstein show, which is surely an experience every fan of rock and roll should make at least once or just to make up his own opinion about the hype, but I for myself have seen better. Could be that is my very own entitled opinion, but although Rammstein is always a spectacle I dearly look forward to, I would give my left leg to see a full NIN production in Germany. That is a show I am dying to see (even twice, or for the third and fourth time) since fragility, believe it or not!

But if anyone of you ends up in Munich on June 8th, hit me up and I am more than glad to share the experience and a couple of beers with you!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Does anyone think they'll follow this stadium tour with a more traditional arena tour? Honestly, this run is rather short and the route is very limited, most likely due to chosen venue sizes.
    There are also too many bands on tour in Europe this summer that I need to catch (Tool and Pumpkins to begin with)...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure a more traditional tour will happen, at least across the states and outside mainland Europe. Then again, didn't they already play venues far bigger than the ones in Europe in the US anyway? A stadium can be alot of things...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Only one wish for the setlists: retire Pussy
    In unfortunately see that never happening. I liked the song but when it comes on I usually skip.

Unless they replace the song to use that cannon with.

I’m sure you guys know the obvious reason why they can’t change setlist is because of all the effects they use. They can bring back old songs with no effects, but the songs you hear since the dawn of time that use effects will be there to stay.

Which is odd since they have done it before, example would be Ich tu dir weh. That part of the set with till throwing flake in the tub and setting him on fire was Rein, Rause because the song they wanted to use was banned. So it is possible.

This is the last hurrah of the band I feel. After this I would be shocked if they continue after this album and it’s touring cycle.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've felt like the next one's gonna be the last one since Reise, Reise. They'll be touring for at least 3 years off the next record, 2022 end minimum. Even if they did announce that it was the end they'd bow out with a final tour I think too.

They've spoken about a possible acoustic style album/tour eventually, so that's an idea. I would totally be at peace with this being the last one though, they take that long inbetween albums now that there's a slim chance of any more. The one thing I do hope for however is a huge box set full of all those rarities and unused tracks that are kicking around.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    I've felt like the next one's gonna be the last one since Reise, Reise. They'll be touring for at least 3 years off the next record, 2022 end minimum. Even if they did announce that it was the end they'd bow out with a final tour I think too.

They've spoken about a possible acoustic style album/tour eventually, so that's an idea. I would totally be at peace with this being the last one though, they take that long inbetween albums now that there's a slim chance of any more. The one thing I do hope for however is a huge box set full of all those rarities and unused tracks that are kicking around.
    If that ever happens, I hope they bust out with that version of Stirb Nicht Vor Mir.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, for me every NIN show is way more personal and exciting than any Rammstein show. As many of you know, I'd die to travel back in time and experience the Mutter tour. That, for me, was the peak of Rammstein just right after the Berlin shows that got released on DVD. It didn't get any better than that excpet for the MIG shows maybe imho.
    It's funny, I'm most envious of people on this board being able to have seen a NIN show between 94-2000. Especially the Fragility shows/era. I would kill to go back in time to see one of those. But, I was actually fortunate enough to have seen a Mutter tour show, so Rammstein fans are envious of that fact, haha.
    My first Rammstein show was back in 2001, and it was the best Rammstein show I have ever seen to date (out of the 7 I've seen). The setlist was insane, and the pyrotechnics and theatrics of the show were almost non existent. They did a few things, but nothing over the top. Back then, it was about the music. I said above that the music kind of took a backseat to the production value of the show. The 2nd best show I saw was one of the MIG shows. I mentioned above that out of the 7 shows I saw, only 2 of them had varied enough setlists to make a difference. Those were the 2 shows. The Mutter show and the MIG show. Those were the 2 best R+ shows I have seen. All the others just kind of blur together.

I would love to go back in time and re-visit that Mutter show though. I would love to go and appreciate it again. The whole show was great, even the opening bands. Crossbreed and Godhead. Both opening bands came out and did Pet Cemetery with Flake on Vocals for the Encore with the band. One of their road crew management team came down and proposed to their girlfriend during "Heirate Mich", it was a fantasic show.

but once you've been to big pop concerts like Lady Gaga, Muse or even Pink and Beyonce, the big wall that Rammstein build each and everytime is starting to crumble for me. I just can't see what is so exceptionally special about some well thought out pyro techniques anymore... okay, Rammstein are the only band in the metal category that dishes out something like that but even Slayer are doing great on their current farewell run. Hell, I'm always beyond that out of all even Americans are so head over heels with these shows. Most of the time Europe ends up getting smaller stage productions from arena-type artists, so I was baffled when people from overseas told me many years back that the Rammstein production is blowing their minds. Europe on the other hand rarely sees big shows like this, so I can understand why everyone is in awe when Rammstein hit town.
    See, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't follow music outside of the Metal/Industrial scene... so I had no idea any other bands were doing the same level of production as Rammstein, and that could very well be the mindset of North American's on why they think R+ has the craziest shows. As far as I know I had no idea. Guessing people going to a R+ show aren't exactly the Lady Gaga and Beyonce type crowd lol. But culture is also different here than in Europe. You guys seem to get more relaxed laws about pyrotechnics and stuff over there than over here. Here in Canada anyway, these shows don't come around very often. I can't speak for all of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why but I always got that feeling with Reise, Reise as well that it was gonna be the last. And I remember sitting there saying "just 1 more album. Don't call it quits guys. I just want 1 more album!" and then Rosenrot came out, and I felt kind of disappointed by that record (I think it was said it was scrapped Reise Reise songs re-worked or something). But then I found myself saying once again "I hope there is just 1 more record. Just 1 more" and then LIFAD came out, and I thought it was a great comeback record. And I truly thought that was the last one, but now we have 1 more... I think this is truly the end. The final farewell, and I think I'm OK with that. I'm just really happy we're getting 1 more record.

I can see them retiring from making music and a huge elaborate tour after this record and album cycle, but I think they will still play the odd festival show here and there. I don't think they will completely retired the Rammstein brand after this era.

As for "Pussy" being retired, yeah... that song is trash. It was funny the first couple times you heard it, and being there with the dick cannon, but I hope that song gets lost in the obscurity of their discography and never comes back. Seems like it belongs with Lindemann. I wouldn't be surprise if that is how Lindemann was formed, based off of that song. It's so comical. Till probably thought "hey, why not do a whole album with cheesy/comical English lyrics, this would be funny".