Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After being unlucky yesterday I managed to get a couple of tickets through the presale today. I'd also taken a look to see if any other sites might be selling tickets in the general sale tomorrow. Came across this https://www.ents24.com/london-events...-nails/5274303 Guess it might be worth having this open in a browser tomorrow as well as the Southbank site when the regular tickets go one sale.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow who hasn't yet succeeded.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I didn't buy any more tickets today. I looked just in case I could get seats in the central chunk of the front row, but seemingly none were available. My guess then is that either these are being held back for general sale tomorrow, or (what seems to me more likely), they've been reserved for friends of the band, and other dignitaries. I'm hoping it's the latter, since I've not got the stamina to get up at 4am to stand in another box office queue tomorrow morning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I didn't buy any more tickets today. I looked just in case I could get seats in the central chunk of the front row, but seemingly none were available. My guess then is that either these are being held back for general sale tomorrow, or (what seems to me more likely), they've been reserved for friends of the band, and other dignitaries. I'm hoping it's the latter, since I've not got the stamina to get up at 4am to stand in another box office queue tomorrow morning.
    Well, theres people here who got front row...I'm thinking they were all in the fan presale. Wasn't able to better the rear stalls tickets I got yesterday. Glad Ive got any..but crushed when you look at what was available today....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’m assuming the front two rows in the centre block are probably guest list etc rather than held back for general sale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cool

KEEP HITTING REFRESH

I have been hitting reload all morning since pointed out here, with no success.
    My wife hits refresh a minute ago and scored two tickets Rear Stalls row PP!!!

Thank you so much for the refresh suggestion, and see you all there!

Very happy!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    No idea. Atticus posted on Twitter that the system they were using was far from ideal. Keep refreshing the page, you might get lucky still.
    That's not Atticus, that's a website run by someone quite well known from here...!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    That's not Atticus, that's a website run by someone quite well known from here...!
    ...i've been played!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    Yeah, I’m assuming the front two rows in the centre block are probably guest list etc rather than held back for general sale.

Yes, I think so too. When I went to the page there was a perfectly symmetrical block of unavailable tickets. There could be some interesting famous people there, or it could be for an evening's supply of Robert Smith's lipstick.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    People should try phoning and going through to switchboard (NOT ticketing), DON’T rely solely on the website, have that up and try the phone in the meantime. I did this after an hour of trying the website on Tuesday and got through in 5 mins but only balcony left, my friend did the same in the presale and got front row tickets

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What exactly is this stipulation. Do you get refused entry if your name on ticket mismatches your ID or something ?
    @meltdownfest tweet -
    "Please note that it is against our terms and conditions to sell tickets above face value for profit or commercial gain. Tickets bought from unauthorised third parties will be invalid for entry."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Is it 10am GMT again tomorrow morning?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Is it 10am GMT again tomorrow morning?
    10am again, but I'd be reloading the page for the queue from quite a bit earlier.
    Last edited by afors; 03-14-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    What exactly is this stipulation. Do you get refused entry if your name on ticket mismatches your ID or something ?
    @meltdownfest tweet -
    "Please note that it is against our terms and conditions to sell tickets above face value for profit or commercial gain. Tickets bought from unauthorised third parties will be invalid for entry."
    I think you’re only at risk if they catch it going on Stubhub for a profit or something. I must say I’ve literally never had my ID checked at the door, even for gigs where they’ve said in advance it will be strictly enforced.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I just got a ticket this afternoon. I tried a few times all through the day, and then all of a sudden there were a group of seats in the balcony. Row F.
    I was tempted to wait until tomorrow for a better seat, but I expect it will be super busy, and if there really aren't that many places left I don't want to end up left without.

Sod it anyway, glad I'm going regardless. Going to be a great show. Looking forward to a nice cold beer along the south bank beforehand. Now let's just see if any extra dates do appear once this has properly sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Yes, I think so too. When I went to the page there was a perfectly symmetrical block of unavailable tickets. There could be some interesting famous people there, or it could be for an evening's supply of Robert Smith's lipstick.
    Or an hours worth of hairspray.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So I just got a ticket this afternoon. I tried a few times all through the day, and then all of a sudden there were a group of seats in the balcony. Row F.
    I was tempted to wait until tomorrow for a better seat, but I expect it will be super busy, and if there really aren't that many places left I don't want to end up left without.

Sod it anyway, glad I'm going regardless. Going to be a great show. Looking forward to a nice cold beer along the south bank beforehand. Now let's just see if any extra dates do appear once this has properly sold out.
    I know, it's a tough call. Originally I had rear stalls EE and fucked up, kept searching to find something better, but they just kept getting worse and worse. At one point, it said nothing was left and I started to panic. Then Balcony came up and I groaned and said... "just take it. Who cares at this point. At least you can go. It's better than not going at all" So I went with it. I'm still thinking of trying my luck in the General Admission one later. I'll only upgrade if I can get something in the first, say... 1-6 rows. If it's all like letters K-T or rear stalls, I won't bother. But I'm thinking of gambling for better.

What ended up fucking me up was I didn't know if you pre-registered for a Southbank account that you would be able to bypass the queue. That's where I went wrong. Seems like the "queue" was for people that didn't have a Southbank account created yet. Few people on this board were able to skip the queue by having an account created already. That's where I went wrong. I just thought registering for an account was to buy a membership. So, that's where I went wrong.

The second part that screwed me up was, I didn't know you could "pick your own seats" I was very confused with this ticketing system. A layout of the venue came up, and when I clicked on the individual sections, nothing happened. Then there were all these different price level types. I accidentally clicked "16 and under concession" tickets first not realizing this until half way through my transaction, I had to go back and redo it and lost what I had.

Having known I could have used the map and pre-registed for a Southbank account first, I probably could have scored way better tickets. That's why I am gonna try again for the General Admission sale, but I have a feeling rows 1-2 were saved for the NIN pre-sale. If there are anything left in the first 1-4 rows I will be VERY surprised.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-14-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Can someone explain the dynamics going on. I quit pre-sale queue after sold out message. Then they come back on sale.
    Now gone, WTF kind of system is this?
    I explained this earlier in the thread. The same thing will apply for the general sale tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Here's what was available when I got in at 10:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm43spkmc1...front.png?dl=0
    Trent sure saved some nice seats for y'all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is a link to the best image showing the seating/layout of this venue I could find. Having an audience in the shot gives a better perspective (for me anyway). It's a smallish venue and even at the back it looks like it'll be amazing. Good luck with the general sale today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Having known I could have used the map and pre-registed for a Southbank account first, I probably could have scored way better tickets. That's why I am gonna try again for the General Admission sale, but I have a feeling rows 1-2 were saved for the NIN pre-sale. If there are anything left in the first 1-4 rows I will be VERY surprised.
    I lucked it by already having an account and logging in, but thought my screw up was trying to use the map. I spent at least 90 seconds clicking on the empty seats it was showing in the front rows and nothing happened. Then was clicking on random empty seats throughout the venue and nothing happened. Always showing “no seats selected”. Finally I gave up and spotted the “best available seats” option and scored some in row 7. Seemed to me choosing your own seats on the map wasn’t an option and I could probably have got front row if I’d gone “best available” straight away.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    I lucked it by already having an account and logging in, but thought my screw up was trying to use the map. I spent at least 90 seconds clicking on the empty seats it was showing in the front rows and nothing happened. Then was clicking on random empty seats throughout the venue and nothing happened. Always showing “no seats selected”. Finally I gave up and spotted the “best available seats” option and scored some in row 7. Seemed to me choosing your own seats on the map wasn’t an option and I could probably have got front row if I’d gone “best available” straight away.
    How did @Tom get a screen shot of this then?

I figured this is what you guys saw when you opened the Map thingy... hmm...

I wasn't sure if I wanted to try again with the GA sale today, since it wasn't til 5am that I was able to fall asleep after getting the NIN fan club tickets, and I only got like 6 hrs of sleep last night, I didn't want a repeat sleep again tonight, especially since I have an early shift tomorrow... but... fuck it, it's already 1:30am and I still have some stuff to do before I head to bed. What's another hour and a half staying up?

EDIT: I probably sound like a nut here saying it's 1:30am when ya'll are like, da fuck... it's 8:30am!

All of you folks are already waking up to get on with your Thursday... For me, it's still the tail end of Wednesday. It might be "after midnight" already, but for me, I still consider it the same day until I go to bed. So, it's still Wednesday now as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-15-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That’s pretty much what I saw, but it wasn’t letting me select any seats! Maybe that function just doesn’t work on an iPhone.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Black Moth Super Rainbow will open for NIN (also in Paris and Amsterdam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Southbank servers overloading already -
    "503 Service Unavailable No server is available to handle this request."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    @ManBurning When I got in there was a crude diagram of the seating areas, with selectable sections, and I just clicked on the 'front stalls' section, which brought up this seat selection screen. There seemed to be many more seats available in the rear stalls and balcony, so the nin team really did a good job for the fans.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Southbank servers overloading already -
    "503 Service Unavailable No server is available to handle this request."
    I've been on the SBC website for the last hour without an issue... Been refreshing the "Nine Inch Nails" page.
    Everything seems fine on my end... *shrugs*

Hope I'm on the right page here... This doesn't look anything like yesterday's page.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Weirding me out, the button said "currently unavailable" then on a reload switched to 'book now" with "sold out" superimposed.
    Hit button anyway and now in queue. Message on wait screen is "A limited number of Nine Inch Nails tickets will be available."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    refreshed the webpage and it said SOLD OUT...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

WTF 9:54am

Edit: don't give up. It's gone now.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 03-15-2018 at 05:06 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    NOW I have error 503 service unavailable lol...
    Well, I guess I'm glad I got my balcony ticket now hahahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You can still click on book now button under the 'sold out' FWIW