Page 87 of 131 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3917

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    And no, you can't ignore Linkin Park if you are discussing early 2000 music, because you can't ignore nu-metal. While nu-metal has been in the works for way earlier than the 2000s, they exploded into the mainstream back then. Whether it was one hit wonders (Crazy Town), hip-hop oriented (Limp Bizkit), metal oriented (Slipknot) or I can't even defy what-oriented (POD, Papa Roach) it was fucking everywhere. Kids with SOAD-LP-Korn-Slipknot shirts, baseball hats with LB logos and all the smuggling of CDs with pirated nu metal songs. It was the last time heavy music was commercial TV and radio friendly.

Oh god! What the hell happened in the 90s? How did the baton start with Nirvana, AIC, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and NIN… and end with Limp Bizkit, Korn, Kid Rock, Creed, and Linkin Park? Seriously, what the fuck? Uuughh, my head…

I’ll never forgive music for this.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    No shit? In my subjective opinion, Linkin Park is bullshit.
    Good for you m8.

Because it doesn't?
    It does.

fascinating
    Thank you.

Yes! You are correct! It doesn't matter because your nostalgic fondness for something doesn't mean it's good... it means kids like dumb crap.
    You are clearly not playing the dumb here if you put effort into your responses, so you are actual this stupid, which is quite the feat. Nostalgia can make you like certain things more, but I never said that it makes them objectively better.

Yes, I can. I do it all the time.
    Maybe if we're talking about early 2000 music in the Shitty Music thread, then yeah, it's hard to ignore that elephant in the room... but if I was having a conversation about good music, I don't see the need to take time out of that discussion to say "oh, and by the way, Nu Metal sucked."
    Influential does not need to have any qualities in your book. Whther you like a period of time in music or not, it happened, and Linkin Park was one of the heavy-weight champions of that era.

Success doesn't imply anything valuable about the product as an artistic work. See the point above about Transformers: Age of Extinction if you're still not getting this...[/QUOTE]
    But like it or not, the Transformers saga has become trend-setting and unavoidable as well. Maybe it's the dark horse of the movies in the last years, but you can't ignore it's success and the implication. We are living in a time where making such a shitty movie as Transformers over and over again pays good. Decades later, the success and dominance of Transformers will be taught. It represents many cancerous traits which it perfected and other franchises followed suit and cashed in on it.

That song from the Frozen soundtrack outsold everything else in the year it was released. Does that mean it has to figure its way into every conversation about music from that year? This is a rhetorical question, but I'll answer it for you anyway. No, it does not mean that.
    Yes, it does. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the most covered song of the year. How does one of the biggest hits of that year not fit into a conversation? Also, LP was reigning for years so it's even more prominent.

If every conversation about anything needs to be footnoted by commercial success, then we'll be too busy talking about stupid shit to even get to the point of the conversation. Other good music came out the same year as Linkin fucking Park's debut album, and I'd rather talk about that. I'm allowed to have a conversation about music in the year 2000 without talking about the stupid shit that was marketed to kids. But here we are in the Shitty Music thread, so I'm talking about Linkin fucking Park.
    Why do you take everything literally? When I say you can't ignore it, I mean their relevance and influence back then. It doesn't fucking matter you liked them or not, or if literally every single record made by other artists during those years were better than HT and Meteora and not. Nu metal (the same way the emo scene after that) ruled part of the music landscape and Linkin Park was its flagship. No one gives a fuck what you or me thought about LP or nu metal. If we are making a documentary about the evolution of music and what polluted the mainstream channels you can't ignore LP.

I never said if you want to talk about some record that came out in 2001 you have to say "... but Linkin Park was fucking huge back then, hope you remember!!!"

Where... WHERE did I say "Linkin Park did not sell a shit ton of records?" A ton of people saw Gladiator. It won a bunch of awards, including best picture at the Oscars. It's still a bad movie, and I can talk about that year in cinema without mentioning it.
    What enjoyment does playing on words gives to you? Yes, your sentence is technically right. You can do whatever you want. So? If you are making a documentary about that year and its movies, you'd be fired the instant your employers see you did not even talk about Gladiator. Like, say that you think it sucked and did not deserve the glory it got, but it happened and you have to accept it. How you treat that movie in your private life is up to you, but it happened. That's my point,

I will rephrase and recite it as many times as needed for you to understand I am not talking about your physical ability of being or not being able to speak or not to speak about something.

I've worked in the music industry. I truly do not think you have the slightest clue how long of a conversation I could have about the music industry in that year without even bringing up Nu Metal.
    I just had to take on my jacket, that's how cool you are.

Do you have kids? Are you planning on popping some out? If so, is this how you will teach them about stuff? You just skip out things you don't like or think was overrated? Maybe you casually skip WW1, because it was pretty boring compared to WW2, and you knew at least 70 more interesting conflicts between 1914-1919, which you think were more interesting.

- Daddy, what did the teenagers were all hooked on in the early 2000s?
    - LSD, I had some nice trips. That's why daddy walks funny now.
    - I mean, musically!
    - Oh, gee! Well, you know, pop music has always been dominant.
    - But not everyone liked pop music, right?
    - Sure, rap is also evergreen. There's always some mainstream rap song going around!
    - But what about the heavy stuff, like rock or metal?
    - Oooh, you want to listen to The Fragile again?!
    - Pls no, not that again... and it was in 1999.
    - Well I don't know then, nothing comes to mind.
    - Not even a genre that maybe ruled for years in the metal scene?
    - I feel like I am missing something, but can't quite put my finger on it.
    - Maybe an entire teenage generation grew up on this genre? That should be pretty remarkable, right?
    - Yeah, that should be, but I don't think such a thing happened.
    - You would surely remember a metal record that holds the highest commercial success in the last 20 years of metal, right?
    - Surely, but I can't. Now go back and listen to the Dark Side Of The Moon before you piss daddy off.

Being influential doesn't denote value. Scientology is influential.
    And people talk about Scientology. And will continue talking about it. If you want to have a discussion about organized religion, then Scientology has to be mentioned.

Sorry, if people want to have a discussion, I should completely drop the you, because you are a special snowflake and tries your hardest to show me that.

How about I just ask what the fuck "Jebaited" means instead, since I've already dealt with all of your other options.
    It's a more memey version of baited. Jebaited is an emote on Twitch.tv, so it was first used in the gaming community: when someone got baited (aka lured into a trap) the viewers kept spamming Jebaited which was an emoticon of some sort. Then it leaked out to other communities.

I should have warned you that you are dealing with a Meme Lord.

No, I laughed at the idea that you think the first two Linkin fucking Park albums are "perfection." I also said it wasn't surprising that you feel that way.
    Are you a moderator here? You are too hardcore not to be.

Yes, I think most normal adults don't listen to music that is aimed at kids who are furious that mom made them do their homework before playtime.
    Lyrical content and musical quality can be treated separately. Also, many of LP lyrics are pretty basic stuff all bands make music about. Love, depression(/mental struggles), addiction. These topics pretty much cover a vast majority of lyrical content of every performer, politics and globalisation following them. Mike made some dope lyrics, whether you care to admit or not. (no, I tried so hard and got so far is not among them )

Are you saying that transgender rights need to be protected and respected on a similar level to the feelings of Linkin fucking Park fans in a thread called "Shitty Music?" GTFO
    No, I am saying that being a moron AND an asshole at the same time is never excusable. You jerk your cock on how liberal thinking you are, and here you are, riding my dick for considering two records absolutely great. You are as bigoted as the people you seem to detest the most. Full circle, as they say.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    You are clearly not playing the dumb here if you put effort into your responses, so you are actual this stupid
    Bravo. I'm done here. Oh no, I'm a BIGOT because I think Linkin Park sucks and their fans have bad taste.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Oh god! What the hell happened in the 90s? How did the baton start with Nirvana, AIC, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and NIN… and end with Limp Bizkit, Korn, Kid Rock, Creed, and Linkin Park? Seriously, what the fuck? Uuughh, my head…

I’ll never forgive music for this.
    Did you like the emo revolution better? Nu metal was the last heavy stuff that had immense mainstream success, now you can't even reach the charts unless you are an already established name in the business.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    lgbt to lgbtqia2, it's evolving. and it's not a "liberal fight". it's common decency, but this is the wrong thread and i digress.

i will say i admire the diversity in your playlist(s). and in all fairness, i've tapped my middle-aged toes to "bleed it out" a time or two.
    I would've smashed my head into the keyboard to make some random lbghjthjhqf stuff, but did not want to offend anyone. So I tried to do my homework, but my basic search engine is Bing (do not even ask, long fucking story....) which fucked me over.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Bravo. I'm done here. Oh no, I'm a BIGOT because I think Linkin Park sucks and their fans have bad taste.
    I said many times it is okay to hate whatever you want, not sure why you keep riding that. I'm an atheist, but I don't go around arguing everyone who believes in something. "OH MY GOD, YOU REALLY THINK THERE'S A GOD UP THERE? XDDDD BOY, YOU ARE SO FUCKING DUMB, LOL!!!!"

And I am not a fan since.... mhm, let's say 2007, I had hopes for M2M but it shattered them all. 10 years too late, bud.

Thinking that liking two records from LP implies bad taste is still much better than the way you introduced your opinion.

And thank you, owning your idiocity is most welcomed. =)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I would've smashed my head into the keyboard to make some random lbghjthjhqf stuff, but did not want to offend anyone.
    huh? bing's fault? okay, bro.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Nu metal was the last heavy stuff that had immense mainstream success, now you can't even reach the charts unless you are an already established name in the business.
    Deafheaven's last album debuted in the Billboard top 100.

Also, Linkin Park wasn't/isn't "heavy."

And thank you, owning your idiocity is most welcomed. =)
    Keep telling yourself that you "owned" people, despite looking like a goddamn moron.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-16-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    huh? bing's fault? okay, bro.
    Yep, google a million times better. I remember, I once typed in "In Flames Wikipedia" and the first result was the wikipedia article of Flame. The band's wiki article did not even come up on the first page.

Sure, it's my fault for getting used to rely on google that when I'm not 100% sure about something, I just type it in, and google comes up with the good result.

But I see you are deeply investing in the matter, despite it being completely understandable within the context. Keep fighting the good fight Jesus, thin-skinned men here.
    Deafheaven's last album debuted in the Billboard top 100.

Also, Linkin Park wasn't/isn't "heavy."

Keep telling yourself that you "owned" people, despite looking like a goddamn moron.
    Damn, they CAN get on the charts then. I'm sure Deafheaven is the new shit in high-schools now. Oh, wait.

And yep, your "I don't have to mention the most commercially successfull metal bands int he early 2000!" ass got owned, deal with it. Or cry about it, whichever, I enjoy both.

And yep, it was heavy in the area dominated by commercial stars. As much as we were all praying for Cannibal Corpse for topping the charts, it was impossible.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Damn, they CAN get on the charts then.
    Yes, they can.

I'm sure Deafheaven is the new shit in high-schools now. Oh, wait.
    Yes, wait. I don't know or care what the fuck is the "new shit in high school now." When I was in high school, the most popular band was probably Blink 182. I didn't give a fuck then and I don't now. I'm incredibly sorry that you do.

And yep, your "I don't have to mention the most commercially successfull metal bands int he early 2000!" ass got owned, deal with it.
    I don't though. You don't understand why I don't HAVE to mention them. That's your fucking problem, dumbass.

Or cry about it, whichever, I enjoy both.
    I'm laughing at you. You think you're looking awesome right now, but you're actually Krusty the clown doing stand up.

I'm embarrassed for you.

And yep, it was heavy in the area dominated by commercial stars. As much as we were all praying for Cannibal Corpse for topping the charts, it was impossible.
    Pantera's album Far Beyond Driven debuted at number one. Just quit while you're behind.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Yes, they can.

Yes, wait. I don't know or care what the fuck is the "new shit in high school now." When I was in high school, the most popular band was probably Blink 182. I didn't give a fuck then and I don't now. I'm incredibly sorry that you do.

I don't though. You don't understand why I don't HAVE to mention them. That's your fucking problem, dumbass.

I'm laughing at you. You think you're looking awesome right now, but you're actually Krusty the clown doing stand up.

I'm embarrassed for you.

Pantera's album Far Beyond Driven debuted at number one. Just quit while you're behind.
    >talking about music in the early 2000s
    >brings up Far Beyond Driven to argue my point
    >release date: 1994
    >"I'm embarassed for you"
    >"Just quit while you're behind"

Ahahaha, I love witnessing your downward spiral. How big of a hole can you dug yourself into? Wait, let me help: you are the one who does not comprehend what I mean by saying you can't ignore Linkin Park.

Come on man, what you've got next? You gonna tell me how Master Of Puppets was a beast in the 80s or did you start remembering elementary school mathematics?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    >release date: 1994
    Again, no shit? I bought it when it came out. It was a point in response to your weird mention about how impossible it was for Cannibal Corpse to ever go to number one; a band that peaked in popularity around the same time.

Sorry, if people want to have a discussion, I should completely drop the you, because you are a special snowflake and tries your hardest to show me that.
    Snowflake? Did you come up with that all by yourself?

By the way, listen snowflake... if you wanna bitch about how you're being unfairly treated so cruelly because you like Linkin Park, I have a pacifier for you.

I should have warned you that you are dealing with a Meme Lord.
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHY didn't you WARN me!!?!?!?!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Again, no shit? I bought it when it came out. It was a point in response to your weird mention about how impossible it was for Cannibal Corpse to ever go to number one; a band that peaked in popularity around the same time.

Snowflake? Did you come up with that all by yourself?

By the way, listen snowflake... if you wanna bitch about how you're being unfairly treated so cruelly because you like Linkin Park, I have a pacifier for you.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHY didn't you WARN me!!?!?!?!
    Do you think CC and Pantera is in the same category? A rhetoric question.

I did not come up with snowflake myself, it's an expression I learned a long time ago, and now I put it to good use! And no one treates me badly for liking two of the most iconic records of the early 2000s (okay, if we take it more seriously, HT is the real shit), just you tried your hardest to plummet me wtih this laughable shit cuz you are a vengeful and hateful person.

And I would've warned you, but you never listen! And here you are, getting memed left and right. The horror!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Do you think CC and Pantera is in the same category? A rhetoric question.
    More or less the same genre, yeah. Fans of one band tend to like the other... just one was more popular than the other for a variety of reasons. BTW, that wasn't a rhetorical question. Keep trying.

I did not come up with snowflake myself, it's an expression I learned a long time ago, and now I put it to good use! And no one treates me badly for liking two of the most iconic records of the early 2000s (okay, if we take it more seriously, HT is the real shit), just you tried your hardest to plummet me wtih this laughable shit cuz you are a vengeful and hateful person.
    Hybrid Theory is definitely shit, yes.

And I would've warned you, but you never listen! And here you are, getting memed left and right. The horror!
    Do you even know what memes are, Meme Lord?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    More or less the same genre, yeah. Fans of one band tend to like the other... just one was more popular than the other for a variety of reasons. BTW, that wasn't a rhetorical question. Keep trying.

Hybrid Theory is definitely shit, yes.

Do you even know what memes are, Meme Lord?
    Well, if fans of one like one another, then it's pretty much the same genre. Flawless logic imo. Don't you mind your factual errors again that they are in fact, represent two different genres, CC being much heavier, you have anecdotal evidence of fans liking one another's band, you don't need anything more.

Maybe shit, but an iconic shit buddy.

Of course I do, but I have to use them sparingly because I understand you don't know all of them. You seem to struggle with some basic shit like numbers to begin with, so I can't just throw you into the deepest of memes.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Well, if fans of one like one another, then it's pretty much the same genre. Flawless logic imo. Don't you mind your factual errors again that they are in fact, represent two different genres, CC being much heavier, you have anecdotal evidence of fans liking one another's band, you don't need anything more.
    So what are the two different genres here? Sub-genres? Do you think they'd be in a different section of even the most specialized record store? Are you even old enough to know what record stores were?

Maybe shit, but an iconic shit buddy.
    Great. It's still shit, and I can have a conversation without talking about shit. The fact that you don't understand this is either evidence of your profound stubbornness and inability to admit that you were making a specious, bullshit point against a straw man, or that you are actually so dumb you don't understand it. I don't know which it is. I repeat: I never said that Linkin Park wasn't a popular band. I'm saying you can have a conversation about music from that year without giving it attention, because it's artistically unworthy. I can already hear you tapping away about how that's subjective, so let me preempt that: yes, it is. A subjective, opinion-based conversation can focus on the positive. For instance, if I wanted to talk about all the good music that came out that year, I wouldn't spend time talking about the bad music, because that would be beside the point.

HOW are you not understanding this?

Of course I do, but I have to use them sparingly because I understand you don't know all of them. You seem to struggle with some basic shit like numbers to begin with, so I can't just throw you into the deepest of memes.
    What exactly is it that you think a meme is, Meme Lord?
    I guess I'd ask what numbers I'm struggling with, but I don't give a shit.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So what are the two different genres here? Sub-genres? Do you think they'd be in a different section of even the most specialized record store? Are you even old enough to know what record stores were?

Great. It's still shit, and I can have a conversation without talking about shit. The fact that you don't understand this is either evidence of your profound stubbornness and inability to admit that you were making a specious, bullshit point against a straw man, or that you are actually so dumb you don't understand it. I don't know which it is. I repeat: I never said that Linkin Park wasn't a popular band. I'm saying you can have a conversation about music from that year without giving it attention, because it's artistically unworthy. I can already hear you tapping away about how that's subjective, so let me preempt that: yes, it is. A subjective, opinion-based conversation can focus on the positive. For instance, if I wanted to talk about all the good music that came out that year, I wouldn't spend time talking about the bad music, because that would be beside the point.

HOW are you not understanding this?

What exactly is it that you think a meme is, Meme Lord?
    I guess I'd ask what numbers I'm struggling with, but I don't give a shit.
    You are a man of contradictions, referring to your last sentences here. A meme is something funny being repeated over and over again, often in different context. To give you a very easy explanation:
    > someone asks you how are you, and your answer is "half past 7"

Now, this is stupid right? Right. But the next day you meet these people, they start meme-ing (copy pasting) your idiotic answer. They deliberately give "half past 7" as an answer to questions to which this makes no sense. Then it gets out of the office, and now the whole town does this, many people does not even know the origins of it. With time, it dies down.

The thing is, more complex things can become memes, like pictures. The hottest meme right now is the black person who points at his head, implying he just said something smart. Memes like this require additional text to make it a complete meme. To this meme, you have to make a text, which tries to sell something idiotic as being smart, but it actually has to be true. Okay, an example:

I'm not even sure if I embedded this right, so here's another example: "If you don't speed, you can't get a speeding ticket". <---- this is a better example btw

Basically memes are global inside jokes, and little or bigger communities can have their own memes, the latter having the chance to break out globally, like Papa Bless from h3h3 production.

Yeah, where were we? Oh yes, you, the manchild still not comprehending what I said. But I told you, I will try to enlighten you as many times as possible. My father teaches mentally disabled children, and since teachers brought their own children to school trips with them, I got to know a lot of them, so I resonate with you in a deep, emotional level. I know you are not a bad person per se, you just have troubles expressing yourself and controlling your urges.
    Okay, here we go: once again, the misunderstanding is coming from you (deliberately or not) assuming I mean everything literally. Like, you think if you put music and 2000 in one sentence, Linkin Park has to be the following next two words. No, little--, erm, big buddy, it's not what I meant. I mean that if you are making a documentary about music as a global phenomenon, and you reach 2000, you have to mention the likes of Linkin Park, Britney Spears and Eminem. Not only because they were the most commercially successful back then, but Eminem was a pretty big anomaly as a white rapper, while Linkin Park "rocked" a relatively new genre to the top. Whether you title this part of your documentary as the "shittiest period of the music industry EVER" or something else, is up to you.

Yes, to my understanding you don't want to make such a documentary. And that's fine. It's just an example. No one tries to violate your right, even though I have short hands too, since I am a small guy (for you - this is a meme for example, from Batman, but it's an advanced one, because the original meme says "big guy - for you" or just "for you"). The tl;dr is that Linkin Park was influential, a pinnacle of a widespread genre, and a huge commercial hit. Those are facts, even if you are free to think their influence was shit, their genre was worthless and commercial success =/= quality. That's fine.

Are we fine there buddy-buddy, or shall I dream up some other ways to try to convey the message to your... normal sized brain? I am gonna go sleepy sleep a bit, so go ahead, think big. I expect nothing less from you, than the level of inadequate where one says CC is basically the same as Pantera.
    Last edited by Volband; 02-17-2017 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    you are a dumbass. Bye

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Haha, the ragequit!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    you're a dumbass, bye

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    >Jintai.exe stopped working.
    >Initiate "I got pwnd again" sequence

Now, dance!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    LOL... you are so absolutely pathetic. I don't even need to highlight it. You lost this, you look like a dumb fuck. I don't need to point it out further, and you're demonstrably incapable of seeing that you're being a dumb fuck.

I won't derail this thread further. You can have "the last word" if that makes you think I "rage quit." You are too stupid to insult.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I love how two manchildren (yes, I confess) whose egos are way too fucking fragile to not have the last word or win the argument creates such a colossal atomic bomb. I admit, I wasn't entirely sure if you were a crazy mofo back in that other thread, I honestly thought it's just the "politics getting the best of ya", but no, you are an instable fuck.

You see, I let you have the last word/win the argument there, because I had not enough knowledge to even fight seriously. But this time, you are so goddamn wrong, no way I would let you get away with the shit you drove yourself onto.

Oh, and the shit you wanted to start just to bash me for hateful and personal reasons. Talking about a double fail.

I bet 10 cents you will respond one "last" time

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    sweet story dude.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Sweet and true. I know it probably shouldn't make me feel better, but I'm glad I have 12 years on you, and I'm already more stable. Like, I'm still a menace, but jesus fuck, at least sometimes I can admit defeat, even if on my own terms.

I bet another 10 cents on you know what. I want to be rich by tonight.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    sweet story dude... How many ways can I tell you that I'm not reading anything you're saying because you've proved that you cannot write something worth reading?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    You said goodbye 3 times, not to mention all the other contradictions in your posts in the last few hours, so I am just witnessing the human Hindenburg

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    and he keeps posting....

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I am not reading the shit you are posting

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So this is you not responding and stop derailing the thread? Maturity at its best

edit: the dude can't even fucking edit, lost all his marbles

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm sure it's terribly upsetting that I'm not reading what you're saying, but I don't know how else to drill into your head how little I give a fuck about what you have to say. I am NOT READING your posts. I am responding to them blind. Shut the fuck up. Nobody cares about what you have to say, least of all me. For the love of fuck, stop cluttering this thread with shit. I am NOT READING ANYTHING YOU ARE SAYING, and now you are blocked