Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Then I saw someone say 'The Beatles are overrated pop bullshit.' after someone referenced them and it made me leave for fear of letting the sheer idiocy (and I mean, just plain ol' dumb ass, no excuse will ever work, idiocy) of whoever said it infect my computer or something.
    That would be me.

The Beatles are over-rated pop bullshit. No doubt they had their place and time, but they simply can't stand up to any of the music made in more recent years. I hate how much praise they get when their music is pretty mediocre.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    That would be me.

The Beatles are over-rated pop bullshit. No doubt they had their place and time, but they simply can't stand up to any of the music made in more recent years. I hate how much praise they get when their music is pretty mediocre.
    You're talking crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That would be me.

the beatles don't stand a chance against justin bieber

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That would be me.

I used to work with a meth head at Guitar Center who swore up and down that Led Zeppelin were hacks. You remind me of him. Now, you're entitled to your dumbassery and all, but almost nothing made today stands up to the Beatles at their best. There's a reason why they are still the biggest rock band in history, nearly half a century after their last album. Listen to the White album, Strawberry Fields, Let it Be, Sgt Pepper, etc, and tell me that they're not, to this day, incredibly weird, poetic, melodic, angry, surprising, inventive, passionate and everything else an amazing rock band should be.

You should recognize from the guy you're always spilling your billions of dumb sperm babies on, Marilyn Manson, how great the Beatles are. He worships them.

Can I get a hallefuckinglujah?

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I agree with Harry in the sense that I pretty much can't stand The Beatles (save a few of their songs). I do think they're incredibly talented, and I recognize that their music was hugely influential, but most of their music does nothing for me. But I think that's more of a "not my cup of tea" situation than a "wow, these guys are horrible" thing. I feel sort of the same way about Radiohead (though there are a lot more Radiohead songs that I like than Beatles songs).

Then again, I haven't heard a whole lot of their back catalog, so maybe I'd change my mind if I heard more of it.

/off-topicness
    Last edited by theruiner; 04-25-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    You should recognize from the guy you're always spilling your billions of dumb sperm babies on, Marilyn Manson, how great the Beatles are. He worships them.
    Would you mind pointing me towards the place that I was jerking-off over Manson?

And even if I was, why would I give a fuck what he thinks about the Beatles? As if I'm suddenly going to start liking a band because Manson likes them?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    I used to work with a meth head at Guitar Center who swore up and down that Led Zeppelin were hacks. You remind me of him. Now, you're entitled to your dumbassery and all, but almost nothing made today stands up to the Beatles at their best. There's a reason why they are still the biggest rock band in history, nearly half a century after their last album. Listen to the White album, Strawberry Fields, Let it Be, Sgt Pepper, etc, and tell me that they're not, to this day, incredibly weird, poetic, melodic, angry, surprising, inventive, passionate and everything else an amazing rock band should be.

Can I get a hallefuckinglujah?
    i dont even like the Beatles, but i know what they are to music. to insult them is to make yourself look incredibly dumb.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i dont even like the Beatles, but i know what they are to music. to insult them is to make yourself look incredibly dumb.
    I never denied their influence. It was massive, and their popularity certainly changed the world of music and paved the way for many of my favorite artists.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    That would be me.

OH FUCK.

You worship fucking Marilyn Manson, but you probably haven't even listened to "Baby You're a Rich Man." This is why some people should be shot for offering their useless fucking opinions.

Would you mind pointing me towards the place that I was jerking-off over Manson?
    You referred to his shittiest music as "his art." You might not have realized it at the time, but you were also jerking off.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-25-2012 at 02:59 AM.