Thread: 2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Well... What can I say? Just wow... Yesterday was a very stressful, but amazing day!!! We got a lot of fantastic footage and all the tapers/filmers did amazing jobs with the cameras. So a big thank you to Joe W, my brother, Robot32, Gladcarrot, Lowlight10, Tapeworm48, and Hazekiah. It was amazing to be able to see so many tapers at one show and be able to chat about the this great hobby that we love to do, and music in general! I honestly thought that was the best part of the day.

This almost didn't get done because the camera rental company we went through messed up our order by thinking we wanted these cameras for the 26th and not the 23rd. Which I definitely put in the numerous e-mails to them that I wanted them for Tuesday the 23rd.. So they had no cameras ready for us, and we got there early (11am) so that we had the gear to go over before entering the venue to get acquainted with them. At first I didn't think it would get done but they said they could source cameras for us. But they wouldn't be ready until 3:30-4... Rob Sheridan was going to let us in for the soundcheck to get setup which would start at 4:30. So after hearing that news we went down to the Vic to check out the venue to where we would place cameras. We talked with Vic Security and John, the production manager who were both very easy going and available to answer any questions. It was awesome.

After that, we went back to wait for all of the cameras. We FINALLY got all of the cameras at about 4:10 and we rushed from the south side of Chicago to the Vic. We did make it a little after 4:30 and all the tapers/filmers were there. We all walked in and Rob Sheridan came over and started giving us directions on what/how they wanted the show to be filmed. Not very strict, but just some general suggestions. First time meeting him and he was a very cool person. We then got all of the cameras setup which took about an hour to get all of that setup and we were ready just before the doors opened for the pre-sale fans.

We had 3 tripods assembled around the venue and then 4 that were roaming the crowd. So if any of us bumped into you, or pushed our way through to get some shots, I am very sorry! The shots are absolutely amazing. I am super proud on how everyone did and a big thanks to Robot32 for getting all of our cameras setup to the same preferences that would be easier for editing and handle the massive lights!

Got all of the footage (about 126GB) transferred after the show in about 45 minutes and we got all of the rented gear back to them by 11:30PM CST. A few stressful moments because they thought we lost a tripod mount and two SxS cards, but they just didn't look at where we placed them! After all of that, we finally started heading back to Michigan and arrived home at 5:45am EST. It was definitely a LONG day. But so WORTH it! I can't wait for everyone to see what we did.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO CLIVE (HIPPYGEEK) FOR SETTING UP THE RENTAL!
    Without him getting all the finances setup for this, it would not have been possible!

Oh, and PS... The show was NASTY!!! Had a great time watching the visuals when I didn't have my eyes in front of a camera LCD screen.

More to come.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks so much for inviting me to help out! Had a fucking GREAT time with everyone and the show was incredible, even if I wasn't able to fully experience it. Too bad I was running around elsewhere when you guys were talking with Sheridan, baaaah!

Cheers, and thanks again!